Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2611076 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by taiwofola: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
Virt:
Thanks for all the encouragements from this thread.

I just got my IELTS results - LSRW- 8,8,7.5,7 with CRS score now at 409. What are my chances of getting NOI from Ontario for NOC 1111 - Accountants and Auditors, since it was mostly IT Nocs that received NOI in June.

Also, how do I search this thread for specific information without reading through each page, this is because I need info about WES evaluation of Madonna University Certificates. In 2014, WES said that they do not evaluate academic records from Madonna universities, and so declined evaluating mine, but I heard recently that they do now. I don't know how true this is. Please can anyone confirm this? or show me how to search this thread fo such info.

Thanks very much in advance.

My NOC is 1121 - HR professional. My score is 424. Ontario sent me an NOI last week.

I believe you stand a chance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
What's the name of your university and how long did it take them to verify. Private institutions are seamless even some schools that are computerised verify fast enough without your influence

My advice that applicants should consider the peculiarity of their case and go with the faster option. Either way both WES and IQAS are acceptable.

taiwofola:

I recommend WES. After my university in Nigeria responded to the WES verification request, my WES report came out in less than 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
britiko:

Yes. Ontario need ICT professionals and their applications are prioritized.
Stop doubting and get into the pool if u are in the same category. Scores as low as 308,309,311.
Mind u some pple have over 400 and are still waiting for our application to be processed by oinp.

It's their time ....
Yea..my pal is at 390! Nothing yet. Any lull in their invitation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JustinTrudeau: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
Just wat i need Bimpsy99
Thank you
Your PM grin grin

Bimpsy99:
Not sure there is a need for a debate cos it's been discussed severally on this thread. Even if one goggles WES or IQAS on Nairaland. You would see what is being said. What I see is that people want ready made answer and don't even want to research.

The summary of the matter is that WES does verification of transcript for nigerian certificates. This can cause delay depending on how fast your school responds. IQAS currently has a processing time of 30 days but do not do verification thus making it faster in the long run.

That being said. WES is recommended for HND, ND, ACCA and foreign certificates. I would suggest that anyone evaluating a Nigerian degree try IQAS and exercise patience due to the volume of transactions. At least you know u have done ur part once and for all.

Hope this clarifies

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
elfmann:

Yea..my pal is at 390! Nothing yet. Any lull in their invitation?

Their first round of invite was the week of June 28th. Some have received nominations already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
Emmasonic4me:
July 8th IELTS result L6.5,R7,W7,S7.5. With this my CRS is 381 but if listening becomes 8, it will shoot to 432. This is the second attempt and am pretty sure I did well in that listening. My fear was even the speaking section as the examiner seemed exhausted and was yawning frequently.

I intend to request for a remark in LRW but am wondering if I must wait to receive the original test form before raising a bank draft of 15,000 (why only this option?). The time frame to apply is within 6 weeks of the test date and waiting for this original test form will extend the waiting time for a feedback.

Speaking examiners are different from the raters. So it is what's recorded the two raters will average for u.

Just raise the draft and go or wait for the trf.

I believe they take more time to recheck as 13day frame they have with fewer manpower gets us some slapdash results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by taiwofola: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
Bimpsy99:
What's the name of your university and how long did it take them to verify. Private institutions are seamless even some schools that are computerised verify fast enough without your influence

My advice that applicants should consider the peculiarity of their case and go with the faster option. Either way both WES and IQAS are acceptable.

My university is OAU. WES sent the verification on the 21st. By the 26th, WES updated my status to - documents received, review in progress. Between the 21st and the 26th, OAU responded.

I got my report in less than 2 weeks after my status changed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
bbaby84:

My darling sis.. it's just FBI PCC left which I should be getting in 2 weeks since they are now on 30th of April applications.
I've gotten bank letters and statements ready.
Work ref letters.
God will perfect what he has begun IJN.

If I'm so happy because I received ITA I wonder what I'll do when I receive COPR? Na wa for me.

Please, did you use your nigerian or usa address under the applicant home address section on the FBI pcc form?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
britiko:

Their first round of invite was the week of June 28th. Some have received nominations already.
I know of that and that informed us to recreate..maybe Ontario does it in batches but 400 and above pointers still regularly get NOIs. It is OK.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
I smell another PPR storm loading especially for May AORs. Brace yourselves May people!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tpain22: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
britiko:

Yes. Ontario need ICT professionals and their applications are prioritized.
Stop doubting and get into the pool if u are in the same category. Scores as low as 308,309,311.
Mind u some pple have over 400 and are still waiting for our application to be processed by oinp.

It's their time ....

Do i have to pay the application fee for Ontario nomination before they process the application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kontagious:

bigbrodas don't quit in the face of challenge!... I'm sure most people here can relate with having to write the exam for three times and perhaps for the fourth time. To say the least, there's the financial implication and there's the physiological effect. Three times is daunting talk little of four times. I only have one word to say - Persevere.

I'm yet to take mine but let me share one tip I noticed to have improved my practice score in listening. When you mark yourself after the test, please do not write the right answers where you got it wrong, just mark the whole test without noting the particular questions you got wrong nor their correct answers. If you write the answers and probably check through the test afterwards, your brain will most likely remember the answers the next time you take that particular test, so in effect, you've not trained yourself to listen for the answers but rather trained yourself to pick the answers.

Another less difficult way is to note the questions you got wrong but not their answers (for same reason above), here, when you get to the part of the question, you listen more attentively for the answer as you already know which part of the audio to watch out for. I hope this help you, me and others to take the test.

cc: demilola1978
Until you've done urs, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
tpain22:

Do i have to pay the application fee for Ontario nomination before they process the application?

Yes. You pay as u submit. It's online credit card payment.
It's called processing fees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fidelism: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
britiko:

I will need to do a search for you. But the point is that you might have a Crs score of above 400 and still be ineligible for express entry if u do not met the min req of 67/100.

Modified:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Point grids for each factor:

Language skills
Education
Experience
Adaptability

Each factor has a max score.

Use it to calculate ur points.

Provide second eye pls
Age 30
Single
Education Msc
Experience 1 year
Ielts LRWS 6.5/7.5/7/7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Sorry about the result.. Please apply for a remark of yrs. Is anyone of you in the occupation currently being nominated by Ontario?

Unfortunately none of us are in the IT world. That is a lot. I will ask for a remark. Fingers crissed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Joanna25:

Unfortunately none of us are in the IT world needed for Ontario. Thanks a lot. I will ask for a remark. Fingers crissed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emmasonic4me: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
elfmann:

Speaking examiners are different from the raters. So it is what's recorded the two raters will average for u. Just raise the draft and go Ur wait for the trf.

I believe they take more time to recheck as 13day frame they have with fewer manpower get us some slapdash results.

Thanks my Chairman.

Just that this will add to the delay already being experienced from IQAS. I've been expecting acknowledment of receipt of faxed documents from IQAS to no avail and considering sending it again.

I really want to dive into this Pool abi na Ocean. undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

Thanks my Chairman.

Just that this will add to the delay already being experienced from IQAS. I've been expecting acknowledment of receipt of faxed documents from IQAS to no avail and considering sending it again.

I really want to dive into this Pool abi na Ocean. undecided
Na so.. Ocean..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
Joanna25:

Unfortunately none of us are in the IT world. That is a lot. I will ask for a remark. Fingers crissed

Dont worry. I believe God will make a way for everyone that is hardworking and desires the canadian dream. Just be prepared and be on the look out for provincial nominees and job in demand streams.... streams open and close for as short as 5hrs. The Indians are always prepared and they r not smiling o....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Thanks Taiwofola. I am now hopeful, though evaluating my second degree will give me a total crs of 441. I don't know if I can submit 2 different ECAS - WES and IQAS for different degrees or try my luck again with WES and hope they evaluate the Madonna University degree.

Hoping for your valuable inputs dear seniors.

taiwofola:

My NOC is 1121 - HR professional. My score is 424. Ontario sent me an NOI last week.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Virt:
Thanks Taiwofola. I am now hopeful, though evaluating my second degree will give me a total crs of 441. I don't know if I can submit 2 different ECAS - WES and IQAS for different degrees or try my luck again with WES and hope they evaluate the Madonna University degree.

Hoping for your valuable inputs dear seniors.

What's ur highest qualification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Wish I'd asked earlier! Already paid N8,500. Now, I feel like I've been swindled big time. Others should learn from my mistake and stick with this good officer abeg.

Ambidextrause:
You can meet this officer. Did it for N3500 last week under 30 mins.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Joanna25:
Hey guys. I just got my ielts score. L : 8 R: 8.5 S : 7.5 but writing : 6.5. My husband's score was L:8.S:8.5 R: 6.5 W: 6. I have my masters from the UK but I still got 387 overall. What do you guys advise
Ask for a remark on ur Writing only. It may get bumped up to 7.0 or 7.5! Will 7.0 mark a huge difference?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
I have 2 different BSc degrees from 2 different universities. My Msc degree will be ready in November, but that is a long time to wait, if I can still get 441 evaluating 2 Bsc degrees.

elfmann:

What's ur highest qualification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
fidelism:

My EE scores is currently 388, but my submitted profile reads 'Not eligible'.

This means you aren't in the EE pool so u wont receive ITA/Nominations.
Pls go through your profile carefully and see what you did wrong....
check if u put minimum requirements for ielts,pof and work experience..finally did u sign the application after making any changes??

frm my own experience, i updated my ielts scores and forgot to sign the changes. after some days, i got a msg of ineligible profile and from then, I couldnt edit the ineligible profile...
What did i do? I just created another profile with same email...and got a second profile number. I got ITA from that second one.
So pls see what u can do to be back in d pool so that u get invited or oinp

Chhers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Virt:
I have 2 different BSc degrees from 2 different universities. My Msc degree will be ready in November, but that is a long time to wait, if I can still get 441 evaluating 2 Bsc degrees.

I don't think. Maybe u wait on the M.Sc completion if that only would up ur CRS ..if November is miles off for u..u can redo ur ielts test.

I think u shouldn't redo that test..may be u wait for Ontario NOI.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
Good afternoon house ielts result came in today. I initially did in May 25th and got 6.5,6,7,7.5 in LRSW.. July 8th result is 8,7,7.5,7 in LRSW....CRS score is now 461.

Education: Msc
Marital status: Single
Experience: 3yrs

My questions:
1) How can I contact IQAS, they are yet to send me the 2 acknowledgement emails since my school sent my transcript on June 20th and since I sent my other documents on June 30th.

2) My work experience started in 2011 till 2014, Msc was from 2013 to 2015 because I had to leave the job in end of 2014 to focus on my Msc thesis. How can I maintain the 3 years work experience, though I already qualified for the job since 2010 when I graduated.

2) Salary for my NOC was paid by hand since the company is more or less owned by an individual (one man business) and the company doesn't have a website, though when you google it, you will see some details about them on Vconnect and the likes. How can I proof this to CIC. Hope this won't be problem.

3) POF will be from my current job, Infact it is already in Tbills already...hope this won't be problem too.

All suggestions are needed. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
Guys, I have been trying to check my IELTS 8th July result but it's been showing me "Results Not Found". Please is this normal? I can't afford another sleepless night abeg as this was my 2nd attempt. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
Algbenguze:
Guys, I have been trying to check my IELTS 8th July result but it's been showing me "Results Not Found". Please is this normal? I can't afford another sleepless night abeg as this was my 2nd attempt. Thanks

Make sure u put your passport No, your correct date of birth and also your candidate No.. Candidate No should start with "00" followed by your four digit "candidate No"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Crownny86: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
Bros,
Please, I PM you. Your score and NOI interest me as an HR person too.
Kindly get back to me.
Thank you.
taiwofola:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
gogedda:
Good afternoon house ielts result came in today. I initially did in May 25th and got 6.5,6,7,7.5 in LRSW.. July 8th result is 8,7,7.5,7 in LRSW....CRS score is now 461.

Education: Msc
Marital status: Single
Experience: 3yrs

My questions:
1) How can I contact IQAS, they are yet to send me the 2 acknowledgement emails since my school sent my transcript on June 20th and since I sent my other documents on June 30th.

2) My work experience started in 2011 till 2014, Msc was from 2013 to 2015 because I had to leave the job to focus on my Msc. How can I maintain the 3 years work experience, though I already qualified for the job since 2010 when I graduated.

2) Salary for my NOC was paid by hand since the company is more or less owned by an individual (one man business) and the company doesn't have a website, though when you google it, you will see some details about them on Vconnect and the likes. How can I proof this to CIC. Hope this won't be problem.

3) POF will be from my current job, Infact it is already in Tbills already...hope this won't be problem too.

All suggestions are needed. Thanks

1. Acknowledgement from IQAS is taking longer than usual, due to the number of applications they are receiving lately. so you need to be very patient. You can however call them to inquire about the status of your application, it doesn't change anything though.

2. Your years of experience will be the number of years you actually worked with the organization, and that is what they will write on your letter, your MSc can be part time.

3.The only thing IRCC needs from you is the reference letter from the organization (people do add more evidence like payslips and more, but it is optional), they sometimes ask for more evidence, but it is rare and only if they suspect that you might be lying, so don't give them any reason to suspect you.

4. Not a problem
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
britiko:

Please, did you use your nigerian or usa address under the applicant home address section on the FBI pcc form?

I used my home address (Nigerian) then I used a Canadian address for delivery although I now wish I used a US address but the key to this PR game is patience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.