Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604875 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:00am On Feb 24, 2016
chinchum:
They still do, i paid for WES with zenith debit card last week thursday, though i was charged an arm and a leg for the 322 CAD, 91,500naira to be precise.

Hmmmm! Dts outrageous! Ninety-one gini? I hope they refund d excess o...did u try asking them why it cost that much? Aren't they supposed to use CBN's official rate? shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 6:27am On Feb 24, 2016
Good day friends, i would like to know if Ontario has stopped sending invites to people with scores above 400.
My sister scored 401 and has recreated her profile twice now, still, no invite.
Anyone gotten invite in the past 2 weeks please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 7:01am On Feb 24, 2016
chinchum:
They still do, i paid for WES with zenith debit card last week thursday, though i was charged an arm and a leg for the 322 CAD, 91,500naira to be precise.
But that looks like a US dollar rate, are you sure you registered on Canadian WES site? They charge in CAD dollar ke.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 8:04am On Feb 24, 2016
cuteannie02:

I can only answer a few of ur questions, the answer to question 2 is yes, ur parent can get a gift deed drawn to that effect but they will hv to transfer the money to ur account too, cos u need ur own statement not theirs.
3, u only evaluate your highest qualification, dat should be ur degree, cost is about 322cad, if you are paying Wes for the fastest means of getting back to you, duration depends on u, and ao quickly your school gets back to them, usually a month or two.
4.to the best of my knowledge, u can't use IT cos they need experience gathered after ur education, as for NYSC some people claim u can if you can get a reference letter to that effect but personally, I am not too confident that you can.
qstomiwa:
Am new here, you guys are doing a great job here, I have checked the first page and some info seems not too clear to me. I am about to apply for the FSWP, and I want to ask these questions;
1) At what point will one need Police clearance certificate, as am currently in the UK, will I need a Nigerian Police Clearance certificate plus UK police clearance, or just the UK police clearance is enough
2) I am the only applicant, and my account in Nigeria was red before I left and if not dormant now, and the money in my UK account is not up to the limit required by CIC, can I use either of my Dad or Mum bank statement as proof of funds and a bank reference letter to that effect? And can an affidavit be sworn by my Dad that he is giving me the funds so as to use for proof of funds?
3) will I need to evaluate my WAEC and my Degree cert for the WES, or just degree certificate, and how long does it take with associated costs?
4) does IT and NYSC experience counts towards the work experience if it is in a cognate field?
4) if I had a graduate job and an Industry training with a company, will I get 2 different references or 1 reference stating the 2 job role, and is it necessary to have the employment details on the letter, and also to whom will the letter be addressed to, and regarding payment of salaries, do have to prove the salaries paid with something, cos I only receive alerts on my phone and no record of that again?
5) And is anyone familiar with the Australian and New Zealand Skilled migrant category, cos no forum for that.
Folks, reply me at your earliest convenience, thanks

I can only answer a few of ur questions, the answer to question 2 is yes, ur parent can get a gift deed drawn to that effect but they will hv to transfer the money to ur account too, cos u need ur own statement not theirs.
3, u only evaluate your highest qualification, dat should be ur degree, cost is about 322cad, if you are paying Wes for the fastest means of getting back to you, duration depends on u, and ao quickly your school gets back to them, usually a month or two.
4.to the best of my knowledge, u can't use IT cos they need experience gathered after ur education, as for NYSC some people claim u can if you can get a reference letter to that effect but personally, I am not too confident that you can.

I will strongly advise that you go to the first page of this tread to read the guidelines and follow all the links suggested to answer all your questions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2016
iphie25:

Hmmmm! Dts outrageous! Ninety-one gini? I hope they refund d excess o...did u try asking them why it cost that much? Aren't they supposed to use CBN's official rate? shocked
Commercial banks are not charging CBN rate ooo, it is at black market rate. 78k was initially debited from my account, and i was frowning, 2 days after when typically such transactions are ratified, it moved from 78 to 91.5, my frown turned to crying grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 8:13am On Feb 24, 2016
olurotimi1:
But that looks like a US dollar rate, are you sure you registered on Canadian WES site? They charge in CAD dollar ke.
the sharp hit on Naira that plunged it to almost 400 /1 USD is the cause, ultimately, it affects CAD dollar too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2016
chinchum:
Commercial banks are not charging CBN rate ooo, it is at black market rate. 78k was initially debited from my account, and i was frowning, 2 days after when typically such transactions are ratified, it moved from 78 to 91.5, my frown turned to crying grin

Hehehehehe...this really cracked me up..but the reality isn't funny one bit cry

I just confirmed from Access bank that d official exchange rate for CAD is N275.15 - $1CAD. shocked
Tell me about a real life horror movie undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2016
cuteannie02:

I will strongly advise that you go to the first page of this tread to read the guidelines and follow all the links suggested to answer all your questions.

I think that one can use IT has long as it was a paid one. Their website says unpaid internships and volunteer work does not count.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2016
iphie25:

Hehehehehe...this really cracked me up..but the reality isn't funny one bit cry

I just confirmed from Access bank that d official exchange rate for CAD is N275.15 - $1CAD. shocked
Tell me about a real life horror movie undecided

Wow really? How do you think this affects the proof of funds requirement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:30am On Feb 24, 2016
Fortissimo:

Wow really? How do you think this affects the proof of funds requirement?

Depends sha coz on oanda it's less. Maybe CBN doesn't have an official rate for CAD Dunno sha...let's just say this is my attempt at finding an explanation cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 24, 2016
iphie25:

Depends sha coz on oanda it's less. Maybe CBN doesn't have an official rate for CAD Dunno sha...let's just say this is my attempt at finding an explanation cheesy

Hahaha. Abi. Abeg cic better go with oanda. Naija official rate for GBP is less than N300. Access bank should go and sleep aabeg cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 10:41am On Feb 24, 2016
Hello zandora, JesusDway and others, Great thread. Been following it keenly. I have done IELTS and my docs are now with WES, expecting their feedback so I can submit my EE profile.

I have an issue with my Work experience. For my desired NOC, I have a work experience (both full time and part time combined) of about 11.7 months. I was there initially on a part-time basis for some months, then I did 8 months of full time. I have calculated it carefully, and it’s not up to 12 full months. This NOC is desired because it is closely related to my BSc (Chemical Engineering) and MSc (Process Systems Engineering) and it would be extremely easy to obtain the required documents, I already have work reference and pay slips.

Do you think CIC will approximate to 12 months, or consider it insufficient?

Also, I figured out that the 1560 hours is 30 hours per week X 52 weeks. I worked for 37.5 hours per week and this would be well over 1560 for the whole period. Can this make me eligible, or is their calculation based strictly on months and not hours?

Alternatively, after my BSc I worked in an IT firm for 16 months which I can also use. However, it would be difficult to obtain documents from them, as they were not pleased with me leaving, and also they didn’t issue pay slips and also it would be another NOC. Do I have to stick to the NOC I applied with when I get to CA? Does it affect the employers that my profile gets exposed to in the job bank? This is because I would prefer to work as an Engineer and not an IT consultant.

Thanks a lot people. Expecting your comments. Please advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2016
Please find below answers to your questions:
1) You will need PCC from both UK and Nigeria. This is with the assumption that you have stayed up to 6 months at a stretch in UK. PCC will be requested from you when you get an Invitation to Apply.
2)You can't use your mum/dad's account. Tell them to transfer the money to your account and get a letter from them indicating that the money is a gift to you to support your immigration to canada
3) You don't need to evaluate WAEC. Just evaluate your highest qualification.
4) I am not sure about IT but NYSC will count if the job experience is under NOC 0, A or B. Please bear in mind that you will require letter of employment from the companies you worked with. The letter of employment will contain details such as job title, detailed job description, job start date, no of work hours per week, permanent/temp, full time/part time, Salary among others. So, do not include past job that you can't get the required information from your employer. Payslips are not mandatory
5) I am not.

qstomiwa:
Am new here, you guys are doing a great job here, I have checked the first page and some info seems not too clear to me. I am about to apply for the FSWP, and I want to ask these questions;
1) At what point will one need Police clearance certificate, as am currently in the UK, will I need a Nigerian Police Clearance certificate plus UK police clearance, or just the UK police clearance is enough
2) I am the only applicant, and my account in Nigeria was red before I left and if not dormant now, and the money in my UK account is not up to the limit required by CIC, can I use either of my Dad or Mum bank statement as proof of funds and a bank reference letter to that effect? And can an affidavit be sworn by my Dad that he is giving me the funds so as to use for proof of funds?
3) will I need to evaluate my WAEC and my Degree cert for the WES, or just degree certificate, and how long does it take with associated costs?
4) does IT and NYSC experience counts towards the work experience if it is in a cognate field?
4) if I had a graduate job and an Industry training with a company, will I get 2 different references or 1 reference stating the 2 job role, and is it necessary to have the employment details on the letter, and also to whom will the letter be addressed to, and regarding payment of salaries, do have to prove the salaries paid with something, cos I only receive alerts on my phone and no record of that again?
5) And is anyone familiar with the Australian and New Zealand Skilled migrant category, cos no forum for that.
Folks, reply me at your earliest convenience, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:07am On Feb 24, 2016
CIC will not approximate work experience. The requirement is 1 year of FULL TIME work experience.

You will need to get the letter from the IT company in order to qualify. You can get your former supervisor or someone from the company to write the letter for you.

iceberg54:
Hello zandora, JesusDway and others, Great thread. Been following it keenly. I have done IELTS and my docs are now with WES, expecting their feedback so I can submit my EE profile.

I have an issue with my Work experience. For my desired NOC, I have a work experience (both full time and part time combined) of about 11.7 months. I was there initially on a part-time basis for some months, then I did 8 months of full time. I have calculated it carefully, and it’s not up to 12 full months. This NOC is desired because it is closely related to my BSc (Chemical Engineering) and MSc (Process Systems Engineering) and it would be extremely easy to obtain the required documents, I already have work reference and pay slips.

Do you think CIC will approximate to 12 months, or consider it insufficient?

Also, I figured out that the 1560 hours is 30 hours per week X 52 weeks. I worked for 37.5 hours per week and this would be well over 1560 for the whole period. Can this make me eligible, or is their calculation based strictly on months and not hours?

Alternatively, after my BSc I worked in an IT firm for 16 months which I can also use. However, it would be difficult to obtain documents from them, as they were not pleased with me leaving, and also they didn’t issue pay slips and also it would be another NOC. Do I have to stick to the NOC I applied with when I get to CA? Does it affect the employers that my profile gets exposed to in the job bank? This is because I would prefer to work as an Engineer and not an IT consultant.

Thanks a lot people. Expecting your comments. Please advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
hi dupyshoo. pls as regards letter of reference from previous employers. is there a time limit to its validity as regards EE applications? Can it be dated months in advance of an EE application? Same question for a PCC from a country one formerly lived in but is not presently resident in. Thanks.
dupyshoo:
Mine was addressed to " To whom it may concern"

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
I believe letter of reference from previous employer you obtained just before you left or after you left the company should be valid. The aim of the reference letter is to verify one's job experience and duration of the job.

This is what CIC says about PCC from countries you do not live any more "For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

vcole:
hi dupyshoo. pls as regards letter of reference from previous employers. is there a time limit to its validity as regards EE applications? Can it be dated months in advance of an EE application? Same question for a PCC from a country one formerly lived in but is not presently resident in. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
February 24, 2016 Draw CRS 453 1,484 ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Fortissimo:

Hahaha. Abi. Abeg cic better go with oanda. Naija official rate for GBP is less than N300. Access bank should go and sleep aabeg cheesy

Na so. I still can't understand Access Bank or infact any Nigerian bank. undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
dupyshoo:
I believe letter of reference from previous employer you obtained just before you left or after you left the company should be valid. The aim of the reference letter is to verify one's job experience and duration of the job.

This is what CIC says about PCC from countries you do not live any more "For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

A Dupyshoo! wink How every? What's the status of things now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
thanks. you are far too kiind.
dupyshoo:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
I still dey o. My application is going to 5 months with CIC and nothing yet. I ordered for GCMS and realised nothing was done on my application since October 20th after it was transferred to Ottawa. I have decided to relax and wait for CIC whenever they are ready to give me PPR.

JesusDWay:

A Dupyshoo! wink How every? What's the status of things now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
My ancestors long time
Just a quick one
WES sent my documents to my institution for verification
Right now they are asking me to pay another 7,630 which I paid initially for it to fly
Is that how its done?
I'm confused o undecided
Ladokites in the house, yetty, ejirostephen,
And my forefathers pls help me look into the matter
Awaiting your prompt response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
chinchum:

Pls can you help put me through how u filled in d fields during payment?

Nna this thing is stressing me out...I've gotten 3diff. Exchange rates from Access bank and I wonder why! shocked there's 275, 486 and 340...smh. I guess I'll know THE exchange rate when my transaction finally pulls through...could be either of them or a totally diff eye popping amt sef...chai there is God! cry
Infact lemme PM u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
JesusDWay:

Apparently, it's a long term thing however, I must let you know that there's no PR without then having work experience so, you need to factor that in your feasibility studies(how they will combine Masters and working a type of job that can give them leverage to apply for PR. Besides, you guys need to pray and be firm in your decision to be with each other otherwise, circumstances more especially distance and naivety about relationships as I see it in your post, may make situation change(it's a practical scenario I'm giving you, trust me) so, for me, much as you can plan things the way you have touted, I will rather suggest that you apply now instead if you are qualified. You both will sort the marriage thing out later.

That's my Noblealuu grin advice as a journey companion on the way to heaven smiley

I decided to quote this to give you my little suggestion @Noblealuu.
Why not encourage her to process her Masters admission in a school with funding options and you both then get married. She could then apply for an open work permit for you to come work while you study. That way you become the primary applicant and the overall process faster.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
dupyshoo:
I still dey o. My application is going to 5 months with CIC and nothing yet. I ordered for GCMS and realised nothing was done on my application since October 20th after it was transferred to Ottawa. I have decided to relax and wait for CIC whenever they are ready to give me PPR.

Your expectation shall not be cut short in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks zandora for the insight.

What if we are silent on the Msc acquisition? I am thinking this way because she completed the programme as a full-time worker on a very tight and hectic schedule and no doubt, Canadian graduate programmes would be very different the Nigerian system. So I felt starting over would allow her to really be a research student to the core. Besides, commencing as a Masters student should be cheaper for a start, right?

I am open to suggestions/ideas.

Based on mutt experience, it is most advisable she applies directly to a PhD otherwise, she could either state she has a Masters and face the risk of been rejected outrightly or get lucky to be considered. However, her chances of funding is slimmer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
@GboyegaD,

Thank you for your awesome suggestion. I did a health-related course. Boss, these developed countries don't joke with their health system. It's quite stringent especially for foreing-trained graduates. Yes, you are right! I'm planning doing an abridge kind of course when I get there to enable me do/pass their professional exam with relative ease.

Meanwhile, I'm equally considering Australia as an alternative all things being equal.

God bless JesusDway, for he that watereth shall also be watered, you won't be a cast away Sir! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
bubsykay:
February 24, 2016 Draw CRS 453 1,484 ITA
I really hope I made this cut. I updated my profile this morning with my husband's WES ECA which increased our score to 454.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=Zimex post=43218188]

Ehyaa it is well ma'am. The Almighty knnows the best, be strong better things ahead!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
dupyshoo:
CIC will not approximate work experience. The requirement is 1 year of FULL TIME work experience.

You will need to get the letter from the IT company in order to qualify. You can get your former supervisor or someone from the company to write the letter for you.

Thanks.... i appreciate.

Also, will the NoC i apply with determine the kind of job i can get over there? @ JesusDWay and Zandora, your suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
noblealuu:
@GboyegaD,

Thank you for your awesome suggestion. I did a health-related course. Boss, these developed countries don't joke with their health system. It's quite stringent especially for foreing-trained graduates. Yes, you are right! I'm planning doing an abridge kind of course when I get there to enable me do/pass their professional exam with relative ease.

Meanwhile, I'm equally considering Australia as an alternative all things being equal.

God bless JesusDway, for he that watereth shall also be watered, you won't be a cast away Sir! cheesy

That doesn't deter you from coming. When you get here, you can start the various programs or board exams that will enable you practice your profession. I will suggest you pick a location and focus on it because of the differences in the requirement of different countries.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello everyone. I just got the mail for ITA. Can someone advise on the next step. Do I do my medicals and PCC now or wait till I'm about to submit my documents.
Also is the PCC I'm to submit the same one issued at Ikoyi?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.