Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604798 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
I won't say it is impossible but it is extremely difficult to get a job from outside Canada. Even the PR holders in Canada are still struggling to get a job.
Why does it seem you have given up on Express Entry? Any specific reasons?

I just realised you are currently doing your MSc in the UK. Why don't you try and see if you can secure a job in the UK.

qstomiwa:
@dupyshoo, i thought this FSWP process is small thing, i will prefer getting a job and applying for temporary work permit, how easy is it to get jobs outside canada, any tips that can help please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kart042000(m): 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
kart042000:

Thanks AMBAKO, i am very positive and hopeful. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I would also like to know which state in Canada has the most demanding ICT for network engineers.

Hi AMBAKO, Trust you doing great. I am still yet to hear from this people since Oct 2015. Are you sure nothing is the problem or do you advice I mail them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
52k, that's relatively a good one. But what was the total value in dollars?
iphie25:
Seems like I had an avalanche of good news today. I was finally able to pay WES and the best part is I was debited 52k grin
BC also sent my speaking test date. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
iphie25:
Seems like I had an avalanche of good news today. I was finally able to pay WES and the best part is I was debited 52k grin

Nice one. Abeg wat exchange rate does this translate to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Fortissimo:

Nice one. Abeg wat exchange rate does this translate to?
Nna I no know o...coz yesterday when Access' contact center got back to me they said it was 340 to 1USD and I'd pay 58k. I paid this afternoon and it was 52k so it sounds like a rate in the neighbourhood of N300-1USD to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dhejy:
52k, that's relatively a good one. But what was the total value in dollars?
About 170-174 USD the rate keeps fluctuating. Might hv changed some more b4 I paid cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
ugoiyke79e:
hello everyone, i am newon the thread. much respect to the seasoned gurus here. congrats to all who received an ITA recently. pls keep us all posted especially with respect to the POF. i wonder what it would be like wit d current exchange rate.
I am planning for ielts having just got my ECA(It took ages to get).
does anyone have ielts bomb for me? thanks .

What's your email?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Let me come in here.

I'm in a regulated medical profession too and had to make enquiries. You do not need to be licenced to apply for PR (except you are going through the PNP route). You only need it before you can get employed in your profession when you get to Canada.

I'm the principle applicant and plan to start the registration process for licencing from Nigeria once I submit my application post ITA. That way, I will be left with the bridging program and final exams on landing.

I suggest you apply. Try to max out on your IELTS scores, so you can get a good CRS, enough to receive direct ITA without going through the PNP route.

Thank you, your suggestion is an eye-opener.

I believe the medic and paramedic professions are faced with similar hassles for the foreign-trained.

Thank you GboyegaD!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
irondome:

For IELTS Australia prefer General not Academic, however, you would still need to score 7 band in each of the modules to stand a chance of migrating. This is because your wife's occupation (Accountant and financial auditor) is highly competitive for Australia with applicants in the 65 points range stuck in the pool for several months. Bottom line, you need all the points you can get, and a 7.0 band in each module fetches you an extra 10 points, 25 for age (she is 33), 10 points for experience (8 years would have fetched her 15 points, but she has got 7 years), 15 points for degree. To shore up your point, you may also lean on state sponsorship to get additional 5 points.

The 50 point I wrote about was for Canadian PR. Applicants with a minimum of 2 or more degree ECA and a CLB band of 9 in IELTS are entitle to the 50 additional points under transferable skill. Bringing this home to your spouse situation; she has got a Masters and a CLB of (10 in listening and speaking, 9 in reading, but 8 in writing). Because of her CLB of 8 in writing (IELTS of 6.5), you guys lost 50 points. If she re-attempts IELTS now and scored (L-R-W-S --8-7-7-7), your CRS would jump to 400+ and you can easily go the PNP route.

Personally, I think the best option is for her to re-write the IELTS, considering her performance in the last attempt. She got pretty close. In fact, you guys should have considered re-evaluation before the expiration of the review window; apparently, it's too late.

In summary, which ever option you settle for (Australia or Canada), she would have to re-sit for IELTS.

Honestly, with your wife's ielts result, don't give up on Canada yet. if

Please I am unclear about something, is there a clb10?, I thought d highest is CLB9. Please kindly clarify. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
iphie25:

oya start prepping.. the least you can score is 8777 to break the language score. start trying to get your wes in order too by having your transcripts sent own... what debit card did you use for payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Is WES fee 170-174?
iphie25:

About 170-174 USD the rate keeps fluctuating. Might hv changed some more b4 I paid cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
cuteannie02:

Please I am unclear about something, is there a clb10?, I thought d highest is CLB9. Please kindly clarify. Thank you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 12:43am On Feb 26, 2016
Dhejy:
Is WES fee 170-174?
It's 233.91 CAD, that's d USD equivalent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 12:47am On Feb 26, 2016
yinx007:

oya start prepping.. the least you can score is 8777 to break the language score. start trying to get your wes in order too by having your transcripts sent own... what debit card did you use for payment

Tanx...Yes o..Insha Allah it'll happen. Btw I. Already sent my docs, they received it on Tuesday.
I paid with an Access bank visa (debit) card.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 26, 2016
Hello Zandora, Nice job you doing here and we all hope to scale through as you have set the pace. Please i have sent you a mail concerning this quote/assistance you willing to help with so i can forward my cert to you. Thank you [/color][color=#006600]
zandora:
To those of you wanting to post the copy of your degree certificate to WES, you could scan it and email it to me so I can post it for you as it'll be faster and way cheaper - that is if you want though (I'll do it for free obviously and send u a copy of the receipt). I'm doing this to show my appreciation to those who told me to be patient in my job search and not give up because I've now landed a nice bank job grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2016
Dhejy:
Hello Zandora, Nice job you doing here and we all hope to scale through as you have set the pace. Please i have sent you a mail concerning this quote/assistance you willing to help with so i can forward my cert to you. Thank you [/color][color=#006600]

Didn't receive any email from you. Did you use your id Dhejy? Have you already paid for the WES and have been given an id? Ppl send me their certificates without paying WES which results in me not being able to send it to WES. Please if you are sending me your certificate to post for you make sure you've already paid WES then provide me with the WES id and address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:58am On Feb 26, 2016
zandora:

Didn't receive any email from you. Did you use your id Dhejy? Have you already paid for the WES and have been given an id? Ppl send me their certificates without paying WES which results in me not being able to send it to WES. Please if you are sending me your certificate to post for you make sure you've already paid WES then provide me with the WES id and address.

WES got my docs b4 I made payments or does this just apply to faxed docs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2016
This is still about NGN222.31 to CAD1.00 way higher than the official rate which should be in the 148s/150s. Really this March 1st NO banking day that is being organised should come quickly. our commercial banks need to stop ripping us off.
iphie25:

It's 233.91 CAD, that's d USD equivalent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
@ dupsyshoh, Zandora, JesusDway and other bosses! What kind of test am I suppose to do for the medicals. I called 2 doctors and they said different things. Are we suppose to do syphillis and hepatitis B and C? One of them just gave me a list of each test and cost to shop the ones I want to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
vcole:
This is still about NGN222.31 to CAD1.00 way higher than the official rate which should be in the 148s/150s. Really this March 1st NO banking day that is being organised should come quickly. our commercial banks need to stop ripping us off.

Walahi...they hv killed us. angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Use this link to find approved doctors and call one of them to book an appointment

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx.

Although, they should be aware of the kind of medical examinations but tell them you want to do an Upfront Medical Examination for Canadian Permanent Residence application. My medicals was classified under Family-EDE but I have seen people whose Medicals were classified under Worker- NON EDE. It does not really matter so far the correct medical examinations are completed. The tests carried out for me are as follows:
501 Medical Examination
502 Chest X-ray Examination
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR)

Please note that for some countries, they might require more tests. Some people mentioned that they did Hepatitis B and C. I am not sure if it in mandatory for some countries. I did not do it and my Medical status is "passed" since October

bubsykay:
@ dupsyshoh, Zandora, JesusDway and other bosses! What kind of test am I suppose to do for the medicals. I called 2 doctors and they said different things. Are we suppose to do syphillis and hepatitis B and C? One of them just gave me a list of each test and cost to shop the ones I want to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Refreshagain: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
Many congratulations Zandora on your new job. Thanks for your amazing contributions. I just paid for my WES and will appreciate your help in mailing my certificate to WES. Pls provide an email I can send it to. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
dupyshoo:
Use this link to find approved doctors and call one of them to book an appointment
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx.
Although, they should be aware of the kind of medical examinations but tell them you want to do an Upfront Medical Examination for Canadian Permanent Residence application. My medicals was classified under Family-EDE but I have seen people whose Medicals were classified under Worker- NON EDE. It does not really matter so far the correct medical examinations are completed. The tests carried out for me are as follows:
501 Medical Examination
502 Chest X-ray Examination
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR)
Please note that for some countries, they might require more tests. Some people mentioned that they did Hepatitis B and C. I am not sure if it in mandatory for some countries. I did not do it and my Medical status is "passed" since October

Thank you! Think I understand now, the Family-EDE and the worker thing was just a bit confusing because I have seen the 2 as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Refreshagain: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
JesusDWay:

Are you sure your calculations are right? Check them again. Meanwhile, the fee for transcripts in each school differs and as such, you have to find out what your school's is. You can use FedEx for courier, it's about the cheapest and it's very very effective, costs 10,100naira and gets there in 3working days. You should print the Transcript Request Form from WES website, fill your part and give school to fill their part, you should also include copy of your certificate with the transcript and send everything together. Use your ATM to pay on WES website and make sure it's WES Canada website you use, and the one for 'ECA FOR CIC'

Meanwhile folks can also use fax to send copies of their certificates(not transcripts o!) to WES but ensure you quote your reference number on it if school is delaying with transcripts.

Good evening JesusDWay, kindly confirm the fax number for WES Canada. I saw 416-972-9004 and 212-739-6100 via Google. Not sure which one's ok to use. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amokemi(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
Good evening house,

Trust we all had a wonderful day today.

Please I need the input of my elders in the house.

I got an advice from Manitoba province to submit my application based on the EOI I had earlier completed. My Manitoba Sponsor is my wife's uncle and I need to provide evidence of familial relationship.

Will the birth certificate of my wife's uncle and my mother-in-law showing the name of their parents suffice as enough evidence?

Kindly advise please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
irondome:

For IELTS Australia prefer General not Academic, however, you would still need to score 7 band in each of the modules to stand a chance of migrating. This is because your wife's occupation (Accountant and financial auditor) is highly competitive for Australia with applicants in the 65 points range stuck in the pool for several months. Bottom line, you need all the points you can get, and a 7.0 band in each module fetches you an extra 10 points, 25 for age (she is 33), 10 points for experience (8 years would have fetched her 15 points, but she has got 7 years), 15 points for degree. To shore up your point, you may also lean on state sponsorship to get additional 5 points.

The 50 point I wrote about was for Canadian PR. Applicants with a minimum of 2 or more degree ECA and a CLB band of 9 in IELTS are entitle to the 50 additional points under transferable skill. Bringing this home to your spouse situation; she has got a Masters and a CLB of (10 in listening and speaking, 9 in reading, but 8 in writing). Because of her CLB of 8 in writing (IELTS of 6.5), you guys lost 50 points. If she re-attempts IELTS now and scored (L-R-W-S --8-7-7-7), your CRS would jump to 400+ and you can easily go the PNP route.

Personally, I think the best option is for her to re-write the IELTS, considering her performance in the last attempt. She got pretty close. In fact, you guys should have considered re-evaluation before the expiration of the review window; apparently, it's too late.

In summary, which ever option you settle for (Australia or Canada), she would have to re-sit for IELTS.

Honestly, with your wife's ielts result, don't give up on Canada yet. if

Thanks a great deal. She has registered and would be writing the test in 3 weeks. God bless!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by aykanbi: 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Good evening house. First post here but been lurking forever. Pls is it possible to add spouse to profile after ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks a great deal. She has registered and would be writing the test in 3 weeks. God bless!

Great, Let her practice very well, especially the writing section. A 7 in writing isn't much of a big deal. A good intro to both essays, good linking words (like furthermore, additionally) to link your ideas, good use of example to drive home your point, appropriate number of words (150 & 250), should get you there. Finally, leave 5-10mins at the end of the write ups to correct some obvious errors. 7 in reading is easy, same as speaking.

3 weeks may appear as a lot of time, but not so much, let her read up on tricks and master them; and do lots of practice. It's important, she does not feel any pressure, as that would unsettle her for/during the exam. She needs to be very calm to do well.

Looking forward to a good news from you soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jarkbauer: 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Garykasparov:

You should have sent an affidavit along the birth certificate to WES to buttress your position. However, the way it is now, i guess you still go ahead and get a court affidavit or notarize a photocopy of ur birth certificate, and include a LoE on this matter when you apply, then pray.

are you sure this would have worked?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Refreshagain:

Good evening JesusDWay, kindly confirm the fax number for WES Canada. I saw 416-972-9004 and 212-739-6100 via Google. Not sure which one's ok to use. Thanks bro

I can confirm the first number
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
aykanbi:
Good evening house. First post here but been lurking forever. Pls is it possible to add spouse to profile after ITA.

No you cant. If you were married before entering the EE Pool and subsequently got ITA and you didn't disclose you are married, you have misrepresented and it can earn you a 5year ban from Canada. Even if you got married after you were in the EE Pool but before getting ITA, you still cant add your spouse, you have to decline the ITA and let your spouse write IELTS as well and possibly do WES in addition to jerk up your score to the level where you can get ITA again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
amokemi:
Good evening house,

Trust we all had a wonderful day today.

Please I need the input of my elders in the house.

I got an advice from Manitoba province to submit my application based on the EOI I had earlier completed. My Manitoba Sponsor is my wife's uncle and I need to provide evidence of familial relationship.

Will the birth certificate of my wife's uncle and my mother-in-law showing the name of their parents suffice as enough evidence?

Kindly advise please.

I think it should, provided you add your wife's as well to show her mother's name as the one connected to the uncle. However, I will advise you look up mpnp site and get the requirements for proving familial connection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.