Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2620674 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
jelmusboy:
Hello House,

Please, do I need to send my transcript again to WES if I want to upgrade from ECA report to Course-by-course report? I need this for professional licensing as a Medical Laboratory Technologist.

Thanks

Hi - You don't need to send transcripts and certs to WES. WES course by course evaluation will take care of this. You will have to request for an upgrade of your evaluation with WES and ask that the ECA be sent directly to the governing body related to your profession. A copy will be sent to you as well.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
People
Faky201:
My people, please does it matter how the prints look in d Nig pcc. I have done it twice or should I just upload the two Nigerian pccs .I thought one was too dark and the new one looks brownish. I scanned and sent it to someone to get it signed at alagbon.Please advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
mamatwiny:
Sinp is out.

Please somebody help me explain this?

Obtain proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure if their profession is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensing; and

Provide documentation from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) showing your Engineer-in-Training membership; or a letter from APEGS indicating that you have been assigned Confirmatory Exams.

Source-https://www.cicnews.com/2017/07/saskatchewan-express-entry-sub-category-reopens-with-expanded-occupations-list-079413.html

Someone should help out on this and shed more light on how it can be achieved, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello.
Thank you to everyone who has answered all the questions I have asked and other questions on this thread.
I am the PA and I have my IELTS and ECA. My husband has IELTS but his school has not even sent his transcript to IQAS for ECA.
Question:
1) Can I start the EE process with my IELTS and ECA and his IELTs. The CRS tool score is 459 with this.
2) If we do get ITA before he gets his ECA, do we still need to upload his ECA? Or no need and he can just use it to get a job in Canada or will it affect the PR chances?
3) Because I am the PA, he will transfer the POF to my account and I can submit LOE, statement etc. But does he also need to submit his own statement of accounts/bank reference letter since he is my dependent?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Iqas sends mail when all documents have been received and sorted. I'm sure u r on the queue

I just hope hope they send it next week.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
nkigirl:
Hello.
Thank you to everyone who has answered all the questions I have asked and other questions on this thread.
I am the PA and I have my IELTS and ECA. My husband has IELTS but his school has not even sent his transcript to IQAS for ECA.
Question:
1) Can I start the EE process with my IELTS and ECA and his IELTs. The CRS tool score is 459 with this.
2) If we do get ITA before he gets his ECA, do we still need to upload his ECA? Or no need and he can just use it to get a job in Canada or will it affect the PR chances?
3) Because I am the PA, he will transfer the POF to my account and I can submit LOE, statement etc. But does he also need to submit his own statement of accounts/bank reference letter since he is my dependent?

1. Yes, you can and you should. You will get an ITA in the next draw if you do it now.

2. No you don't, as you didn't claim points for it.

3. Yes, he needs to show a statement that shows the transfer of the money to further strengthen your claim. On the other hand, he doesn't necessarily have to transfer the funds to you. He can show his statement with the POF/provide reference letter from the bank and provide an LOE that the money is available for your relocation (might be notarized to give it more credibility). Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thank you so much :-D

Dammiehar:

1. Yes, you can and you should. You will get an ITA in the next draw if you do it now.

2. No you don't, as you didn't claim points for it.

3. Yes, he needs to show a statement that shows the transfer of the money to further strengthen your claim.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello @Lordsebastian is sydney not the place all applications are received? Is that not the central intake office? Is it after eligibility has been confirmed that they then forward to Ottawa and the likes?
My application is also at sydney though. .i am currently on na2 as well.
Hoping for the best, make i join them @Mummyjaygirls and @40manlappy levelz too... Lol...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
How did you figure out where your application is?

deeore:
Hello @Lordsebastian is sydney not the place all applications are received? Is that not the central intake office? Is it after eligibility has been confirmed that they then forward to Ottawa and the likes?
Hoping for the best, make i join them @Mummyjaygirls and @40manlappy levelz too... Lol...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
nkigirl:
Hello.
Question:

To support @Dammiehar post, IQAS requires 30 business days (6 weeks) to complete ECA, then there's the school delay which seems like you've been at it for a while. To put it lightly, add another 2 weeks for school to send the transcript which gives you a total of 2 months to add a maximum of 10 points to 459 which itself surpassed all CRS observed this year.

Please go ahead to create your profile, and even begin to gather documents you think might require time. In that two months you're waiting for your husband's ECA, your PPR go don de do press-up preparing to hit you with Usain Bolt speed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Java47:

You have the information you want to tell CIC, you can get a format by searching here on this thread, that's what I did. The major thing is the opening and closing information, the body is just yours. What you'd be paying them for is the typing.

What I did, got the relevant information, who to address it to, the heading and who to sign amongst other info. Searched and got this info here, you can look for my post. Go to the court and sign it, get a notary too but do ensure to get an official receipt from the court cos you have to upload that as well.
Negotiate well with the guys who will assist you to take in for signing, roughly 2,000.

Hope I did answer your question well enough.

Thank you for your reply. I did not know about the receipt. And I had it done yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
You have all it takes. A mouth watering CRS score will do the magic, grin in no time you will get ITA.

nkigirl:
Hello.
Question:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wura27:

I'm kinda scared to contact them. But then again it might be best to find out if it's Sydney so as to know if I'm on the chilling level....

After how many months of medical pass can you contact them to know where your application is been processed? I'm Aor July 5 and medical passed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Java47:

You have the information you want to tell CIC, you can get a format by searching here on this thread, that's what I did. The major thing is the opening and closing information, the body is just yours. What you'd be paying them for is the typing.

What I did, got the relevant information, who to address it to, the heading and who to sign amongst other info. Searched and got this info here, you can look for my post. Go to the court and sign it, get a notary too but do ensure to get an official receipt from the court cos you have to upload that as well.
Negotiate well with the guys who will assist you to take in for signing, roughly 2,000.

Pls did you go to the court with your donor? I am thinking of going to redo it, because of the receipt. Which court did you go to please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
ysmd:

Please what their tweeter handle

@CitImmCanada ‏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sir/Ma'am,

To be honest, I don't know if all the apps get to Sydney CIO first and get distributed across...even though I find it quite logical. What I can tell you for sure regarding CIC procedures is that the more you look, the less you see. There is no exact logical correlation or sequence regarding the processing times, VO etc. which is understandable as there are key playing factors that are beyond our control neither can they be regarded as constant or ignored.

We can only hope and pray that the VO doesn't get rest until he completes the processing of our apps. Lol.

While we wait (which I must confess maybe tough to do) for them to finish their senrenre, we can keep ourselves busy by preparing for life in Canada.

deeore:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
No need for receipt abeg.I also did not go with the donor as the donor already signed her part.Its not a biggie pls, no need to be worked up cos of that.Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temmyo: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
Java47:

If the commissioner for oaths is attesting to a document, there is no need for getting a notary public to do same. that just a duplication of function. in fact any good notary public would not notarise a document which has already been sworn to at a high court, except under certain circumstances.

Again, there is no need for any 'guys' to assist with anything. walk straight into any high court and ask for the office of the commissioner for oaths. you will be asked to pay about 500naira at the cash office depending on the document. you may be asked by the officer signing to 'tip' him. thats it!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nozzle(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello House
I am kind of confused i need advice. I submitted POF (bank statement and bank reference) as part of my ITA documentations, but i have since been using the money for urgent things that came up, what is the consequence?
secondly, i got my ITA July 12 while in the US where i and my wife came to have our baby, all my documents are up to date but for medicals. I am confused about where to do the medicals, i will be back to Nigeria by end of September, I called up the hospital here in houston, they gave me a bill of $940 for me, my wife and my baby. I am thinking of waiting till end of september to go back to Nigeria for the medicals. my questions are as follows;

1. will it be cheaper for me in Nigeria, for many of us who did it in Nigeria what is the cost like for somewhere like Lagos ? Mind you$940 is 340k at todays rate.

2. what happens to other documents like my POF or police report that will be almost 2 to 3 months old before i get to Nigeria. Will i have to get a new bank statement, like i said earlier ...the money don dey deplete o.
please if you manage to understand me, i need your advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
diggy4real:

Someone should help out on this and shed more light on how it can be achieved, thanks.

Someone should clarify this, my occupation falls among those, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bimpsy99:
You have said it all. However. If it will make the person sleep well at night. Please attach it o. Most people that got ADR got married recently and the VO wanted evidence that it's not PR induced marriage. Evidence like pictures, pre wedding pictures, communications anything that corroborates the marriage story

So I would suggest that anyone that got married very recently can consider attaching any other corroborating evidence, legal marriage cert as page 1..so there would be no ADR that will further delay the process. My opinion though not a statement of fact.

Now u get my drift, she asked if she could cos she wants to, we need to encourage her act as long as it's not explicitly stated that it's wrong, we do not know the reason for her wanting to attach photos.

Make we sha no go pour sand sand for person garri by mistake smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nozzle:
Hello House
I am kind of confused i need advice. I submitted POF (bank statement and bank reference) as part of my ITA documentations, but i have since been using the money for urgent things that came up, what is the consequences?
secondly, i got my ITA July 12 while in the US where i and my wife came to have our baby, all my documents are up to date but for medicals. I am confused about where to do the medicals, i will be back to Nigeria by end of September, I called up the hospital here in houston, they gave me a bill of $940 for me, my wife and my baby. I am thinking of waiting till end of september to go back to Nigeria for the medicals. my questions are as follows;

1. will it be cheaper for me in Nigeria, for many of us who did it in Nigeria what is the cost like for somewhere like Lagos ? Mind you$940 is 340k at todays rate.

2. what happens to other documents like my POF or police report that will be almost 2 to 3 months old before i get to Nigeria. Will i have to get a new bank statement, like i said earlier ...the money don dey deplete o.
First of all, what do you mean by you submitted POF as ITA documents?
1.) For a family of 3 (I assume) in Nigeria, you wouldn't spend up to N80k at max, that's if you go by the expensive hospital. So yes, it's way cheaper in Nigeria but then, you'd have just about 12 days to submit your application as you got ITA July 12th.
2.) If your cumulative US stay adds up to be more than 6 months after you left USA, then you will need a new PCC, this is where it gets tricky as that takes about 10 weeks to receive, you obviously don't have that luxury, but you can as well submit proof that you've requested the PCC - you have a little silver lining there. For POF, i'm afraid at the point of submission, you will have to show a balance which is above the required amount for your family size, in essence, you'd need to top up your account (POF).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
We are in the same situation. You will need to obtain a temporary or provisional license to practise in your nominated occupation.

diggy4real:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
I don't understand what you mean by submitting POF as part of ITA documentation, submit to who and where?

Anyways, update your POF to meet up with the minimum required amount for your family size, and get another bank statement to that effect. Submitting 3months old statement is not advisable. Moroever, you have spent the money grin

Also, you can't submit police report that is expired.

Medicals in Lagos is between 28k-40k per adult, depends on which of the panel physician you choose.

Nozzle:
Hello House
I am kind of confused i need advice. I submitted POF (bank statement and bank reference) as part of my ITA documentations, but i have since been using the money for urgent things that came up, what is the consequence?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nozzle:
Hello House

Chineke! That's medical fee for like 10 people in naija. You have 90 days to submit ur application so doing it in September in naija when u return means u r still under thtime frame.

As for PoF, looks like u would need to reprint a new statement. Naija PCC for immigration I think is valid for a year as I've read, but if u r not comfortable u can do another. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
Kontagious:

First of all, what do you mean by you submitted POF as ITA documents?
1.) For a family of 3 (I assume) in Nigeria, you wouldn't spend up to N80k at max, that's if you go by the expensive hospital. So yes, it's way cheaper in Nigeria but then, you'd have just about 12 days to submit your application as you got ITA July 12th.
2.) If your cumulative US stay adds up to be more than 6 months after you left USA, then you will need a new PCC, this is where it gets tricky as that takes about 10 weeks to receive, you obviously don't have that luxury, but you can as well submit proof that you've requested the PCC - you have a little silver lining there. For POF, i'm afraid at the point of submission, you will have to show a balance which is above the required amount for your family size, in essence, you'd need to top up your account (POF).
Nozzle:
Hello House

I don't understand the bolded. ITA ON THE 12th of July that means he has till October to submit so why the hurry. I would advise you take your time in order not to have your application rejected.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
bbaby84:

I don't understand the bolded. ITA ON THE 12th of July that means he has till October to submit so why the hurry. I would advise you take your time in order not to have your application rejected.
He said he's planning to return to Nigeria end of September, I assumed that to be last day of September at the most, so 12 (or 11) more days in October.
cc: Nozzle

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
bbaby84:

I'm guessing he assumed his return date is September 30th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I'm guessing he assumed his return date is September 30th
Exactly, you too much grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nozzle(m): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Final Status Update.

Hi e-Fam – I received my PP today with the Canadian stamp on it & all associated travel documents enclosed. It’s just beginning to sink in, lol cheesy

I know I’m expected to ‘graduate” to our senior thread on Nairaland i.e. “Living in Canada” ….so with time, I’ll gradually wean myself off this thread.

Thank God for the months gone by...and thanks to y’all for your help + contributions.

Gracias.

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
Kontagious:

He said he's planning to return to Nigeria end of September, I assumed that to be last day of September at the most, so 12 (otr 11) more days in October.
cc: Nozzle

Oh I see! Yes you're right but he can gather all his documents and submit before then.
Goodluck @Nozzle

(1) (2) (3) ... (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.