Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,302 members, 7,836,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit (2329 Views)

Kano Speaker Resigns Over Emir Sanusi’s Removal Saga - / Ikunyi Awaji-Ibani, Rivers Speaker Resigns / Possible Blood Moon Ritual Committed During Pope's Visit In The U.S. War Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by Larry37(m): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
US house speaker John Boehner resigns after meeting with pope among the prolonged leadership turmoil rocking the house and his increasingly fractious relationship with conservative Republican members.......in his words "the Pope asked me about his affection and impact on kids and education thereafter the Pope asked me to pray for him and i was like who am i to pray for the Pope i did eventually" and tears rolled down his eyes.
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by prof17(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by aare07(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
J
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by mofayodeyahoo: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
I didn't understand the story did he resign to go and open a church having prayed for pope?

7 Likes

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by eleko1: 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mba!We dnt resign here.Instead sad ,we rent hungry Pipu/thieves, praise singer/ur town pipu to cry witch hunt/cry tribalism when those irresponsible,shameless thieves are caught .No wonder,nothing work here sad

4 Likes

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by kossyablaze(m): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by Aromas: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
eleko1:
We dnt resign here sad ,we rent hungry/thieves[b]like kware[/b] praise singer/ur town pipu to cry witch hunt/cry tribalism when those irresponsible,shameless thieves are caught .No wonder,nothing work here sad
gringringringringrin
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by chinchum(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
eleko1:
We dnt resign here sad ,we rent hungry/thieves praise singer/ur town pipu to cry witch hunt/cry tribalism when those irresponsible,shameless thieves are caught .No wonder,nothing work here sad
We are way too self centered, greedy, stiff minded to do such . Most African leaders will rather sacrifice a million souls instead of leaving a seat.
I have seen a new trend of African leaders removing 2 term limits and trying to sit tight amidst protest from citizens , rwanda, burundi e.t.c

1 Like

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by eleko1: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
Abi nah.Ala Saraki.May God help us in dis country.
Aromas:

gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by Aromas: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
eleko1:
Abi nah.Ala Saraki.May God help us in dis country.
Amen o

1 Like

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by SweetSoup(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
The pope should pls visit Nigeria and speak to Saraki, maybe he would shed tears too and do the needful...

2 Likes

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by gebest: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hahahahahaha have u ever seen any africa leader resigned.
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by olawalepopoola: 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
SweetSoup:
The pope should pls visit Nigeria and speak to Saraki, maybe he would shed tears too and do the needful...
In Naija! That isn't possible! Even Abacha didn't listened to Saint (Pope) JohnPaul II, before his untimely death

3 Likes

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by eleko1: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Tru talk.
chinchum:

We are way too self centered, greedy, stiff minded to do such . Most African leaders will rather sacrifice a million souls instead of leaving a seat.
I have seen a new trend of African leaders removing 2 term limits and trying to sit tight amidst protest from citizens , rwanda, burundi e.t.c

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by Larry37(m): 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
mofayodeyahoo:
I didn't understand the story
did he resign to go and open a church having prayed for pope?
It is as a result of continuous conflict in the house and he was trying to resolve and hang on but its like the Pope's private visit gave him the courage to drop the mantle.....he was truly emotional in his speech

1 Like

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by Larry37(m): 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
US house speaker to leave at the end of October amidst ongoing conflict with conservative republican members......i hope our leaders learn from this example.
Mods please move to front page.
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by mofayodeyahoo: 5:17am On Sep 26, 2015
Senior man thank you.

I pray life would not be lost in senate by the time somebody would raise his impechment.

His rival group are set of old senators, bro Dino, uncle bukky body guard can beat 50 of them

1 Like

Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by egift(m): 6:42am On Sep 26, 2015
The Tea Party repubs and their wailing crew in the RNC want to defund critical social services unless the Obama administration gives them the funding they want in the next debt-ceiling fight at the end of this year.

So Speaker John is pulling a fast one with this announcement - it will help him resign after 25yrs in congress, team up with the Democrats to deliver the need votes and distract the Republicans by keeping them busy on the fight for Speaker-ship, save these welfare programmes and move on with his life.

While I may disagree with many John's stand on policies, I applaud his efforts to ensure that Republicans do not hold the economy hostage and ground it to a halt just to please the Wailing Tea Party supporters.
Re: US House Speaker Resigns After Pope's Visit by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2015
So what happens to all his allowances as a speaker? Thoughts of a Nigeria speaker

(1) (Reply)

Raw Truth From Elderly Yoruba Man : Let Biafra Go, Let Biafra Be / GOD IS GOOD / 23 Years After, IBB Opens Up On Crashed Hercules C-130

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.