Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. (1147 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / 3types Of Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by HenriFayol(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
I am a Born Again christian. When I see people speak in tongues it feels strange to me, I know I have the holy spirit but I just want to know how to receive the gift. I'm trusting God to burst in tongues someday but I want to be sure if waiting in faith is in line to receive or there is something I need to do.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by mandarin: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
The spirit of speaking in tongues is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, it is a gift that edified God.
The only way to have a 'genuine' is by receiving the Spirit Himself.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Just ask The Holy Ghost...its better you ask for the giver and not the gift..ask for the fruit of the Spirit instead...You may speak in tongue yet not be filled..you may be filled but may not speak in tongue...your gift may manifest in other areas..one body different organs..mouth,feet,hands..you find your place in HIM
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by mandarin: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
Just ask The Holy Ghost...its better you ask for the giver and not the gift..ask for the fruit of the Spirit instead...You may speak in tongue yet not be filled..you may be filled but may not speak in tongue...your gift may manifest in other areas..one body different organs..mouth,feet,hands..you find your place in HIM

Except you are possessed of the spirit of lie, your capacity to speak in tongue is a sign that you have the Holy Spirit just like when you cannot be hurt by poison or by juju.
speaking in tongues is a powerful gift because the devil cannot comprehend the language, its a communication between the speaker and God.
However, there are fake tongues, of d devil of course.Apostle Paul acknowledged he spoke in tongues more than all other Apostles. The tongue empowers, energizes and connect you to the spirit realm, if u don't have this gift, please crave it.God bless u.Jesus is Lord
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by fairprince(m): 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
The most confusing and abused issue in Christianity. I am very much interested. Please whoever makes contributions should back up with scriptural passages. Thank you all.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by doubleportion: 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
You also need to know the purpose Acts 1:8. If it is because people are speaking it is wrong reason.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by doubleportion: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
fairprince:
The most confusing and abused issue in Christianity. I am very much interested. Please whoever makes contributions should back up with scriptural passages. Thank you all.

You don't need to be confused, you only need to seek for knownedge. If you are a believer it is your birthright, Jesus came preaching about a kingdom,if you are born again you belong to that kingdom and you know every kingdom has a language-1Cor 13:1. It is one of the signs that you are a believer- Mark 16:17. It also heralded the enduement of divine power for the purpose of witnessing to the perishing world. Acts 1:8, Acts 2:2-4.

All you need is to THIRST, ASK and BELIEVE in order to be baptised in the Holy Ghost for the first time, but it takes prayers to change from one level of anoiting to another.

Also it is a prayer language, when there is burden to pray, but you don't know what to pray about,just switch to the tongue you will later know why you pray.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 27, 2015
mandarin:

Except you are possessed of the spirit of lie, your capacity to speak in tongue is a sign that you have the Holy Spirit just like when you cannot be hurt by poison or by juju.
speaking in tongues is a powerful gift because the devil cannot comprehend the language, its a communication between the speaker and God.
However, there are fake tongues, of d devil of course.Apostle Paul acknowledged he spoke in tongues more than all other Apostles. The tongue empowers, energizes and connect you to the spirit realm, if u don't have this gift, please crave it.God bless u.Jesus is Lord
...OK then..The Holy Ghost certainly will lead us into The Truth..thank you
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 27, 2015
HenriFayol:
I am a Born Again christian. When I see people speak in tongues it feels strange to me, I know I have the holy spirit but I just want to know how to. Am trusting God to burst in tongues someday but I want to be sure if waiting in faith is in line to receive or their is something I need to do.

1 Corinthians 14:23

Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

1 Corinthians 12:29-30

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

^^^

Speaking in tongues is NOT for everybody; besides spiritual gifts are not even evidence of the holy ghost, because any of these gifts can be impersonated by demons. The evidence of the holy spirit is the life you live...The fruits of the spirit! You can't tell me that a serial fornicator and liar has the holy ghost because he/she speaks in tongues grin

Galatians 5:22-23

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

^^^

When you receive the holy ghost, He will teach you and cause you to live a life pleasing before God....So, if you see yourself gossiping, telling lies, fornicating, partying and clubbing/drunkenness, loving material and worldly things etc just know that you do not have the holy spirit in you! That's all bro!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by fairprince(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
doubleportion:

You don't need to be confused, you only need to seek for knownedge. If you are a believer it is your birthright, Jesus came preaching about a kingdom,if you are born again you belong to that kingdom and you know every kingdom has a language-1Cor 13:1. It is one of the signs that you are a believer- Mark 16:17. It also heralded the enduement of divine power for the purpose of witnessing to the perishing world. Acts 1:8, Acts 2:2-4.

All you need is to THIRST, ASK and BELIEVE in order to be baptised in the Holy Ghost for the first time, but it takes prayers to change from one level of anoiting to another.

Also it is a prayer language, when there is burden to pray, but you don't know what to pray about,just switch to the tongue you will later know why you pray.

Please when you speak in tongues, are you supposed to be conscious you are speaking? Are you supposed to just WILL to speak in tongues and then start speaking? I am still waiting to get a few sincere believers who would tell me about their experience of the baptism in the Holy Spirit. It comes and overwhelms you and you just flow.
Please tell me sincerely about your experience: do you force yourself when they ask you to pray in the spirit or do you allow the Spirit to take control of you?

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by fairprince(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

1 Corinthians 14:23

Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

1 Corinthians 12:29-30

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

^^^

Speaking in tongues is NOT for everybody; besides spiritual gifts are not even evidence of the holy ghost, because any of these gifts can be impersonated by demons. The evidence of the holy spirit is the life you live...The fruits of the spirit! You can't tell me that a serial fornicator and liar has the holy ghost because he/she speaks in tongues grin

Galatians 5:22-23

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

^^^

When you receive the holy ghost, He will teach you and cause you to live a life pleasing before God....So, if you see yourself gossiping, telling lies, fornicating, partying and clubbing/drunkenness, loving material and worldly things etc just know that you do not have the holy spirit in you! That's all bro!

You are a spiritual person. You said the right thing without sentiments. The fruit of the Spirit is Christlikeness;manifestation of the Spirit. God's spirit help us become little Jesuses here on earth. Just live like Jesus would have lived, then you are Spirit-filled.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by vooks: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by doubleportion: 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
fairprince:

Please when you speak in tongues, are you supposed to be conscious you are speaking? Are you supposed to just WILL to speak in tongues and then start speaking? I am still waiting to get a few sincere believers who would tell me about their experience of the baptism in the Holy Spirit. It comes and overwhelms you and you just flow.
Please tell me sincerely about your experience: do you force yourself when they ask you to pray in the spirit or do you allow the Spirit to take control of you?

It is the Holy Ghost who is going to give you utterance, this where a lot of believer hit the rock, whatever utterance you hear speak it in faith whether it make sense to you or not and you will continue to flow, just like a baby that is just learning language, you may start with one or two syllables, don't strive to speak like pro or try to impress, with time He Himself will multply the language. But after you have receive and speak those one or two syllables, continue speaking it every time you are praying. Also you need to understand that you have changed level spiritually, so prepare yourself for any Holy Ghost service in any bible believing church, you will be connected any time my father(Holy Ghost) came than and He will fill you again and you will be refreshed.

Also, you need to know that speaking in tongues is a sign that you are fill with the Holy Ghost, there are gifts that come along with it that you must be conscious of, don't allow yourself to be carry away with the euphoria of speaking in tongue. You will notice some capability that you can't do before that you have receive strenght to do such as bravery,scripural understanding, tarrying in prayers more than before,witnessing,you will not be easily offended,love for sinners and many more.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by doubleportion: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
My teacher told me something in secondary schol that, he that does not know,and He knows that he does not know and he doesn't want to know, he will never know
If you are committed to Christ and you are a believer, please seek knownedge on any Christian teaching that you are confused on, you may be doing yourself some good .
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by HenriFayol(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2015
fairprince:

This also bothers me, hope someone really help us here.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by taiwo850629: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2015
If you have the Holy Spirit that's all you need to have. Just open your mouth and start to speak in tongues in faith. There's no tarrying or waiting of any kind. You have to start speaking in tongues the same way you appropriate God's other blessings- by faith. Believing you've received when you ask. You need to ask for the Holy Spirit not the tongues. The tongues come with the Holy Spirit. But if you already have the Holy Spirit just start speaking in tongues by faith.
Re: Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. by fairprince(m): 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
taiwo850629:
If you have the Holy Spirit that's all you need to have. Just open your mouth and start to speak in tongues in faith. There's no tarrying or waiting of any kind. You have to start speaking in tongues the same way you appropriate God's other blessings- by faith. Believing you've received when you ask. You need to ask for the Holy Spirit not the tongues. The tongues come with the Holy Spirit. But if you already have the Holy Spirit just start speaking in tongues by faith.

Thank you. But do you think this was the way the disciples spoke it at Pentecost? Do you think they could just open their mouths to speak and still had to tarry for days waiting for the promise of the father?
Do you think this was the one Paul talked about? I am skeptical about this type of speaking in tongues. The Bible says it is the Spirit that gives utterances and it is the Spirit that gives these gifts based on the grace of God. If we could just open our mouths and make these utterances in faith, why would the Bible ask us to covet the Spiritual gifts?

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Breaks Guinness Book Of Record / A Religion Or A Cult? / Check Here If You Are A Christian And Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.