Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

This Is How Love Should Be[photo] - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is How Love Should Be[photo] (62502 Views)

How Love For Cash Ruins Most Ladies, As They Dump Good Men.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
tongue from the men right?
From both parties - No gender is innocent these days.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
From both parties - No gender is innocent these days.
the men usually are the guilty party..treat a woman right,you'd have her for life..if the woman's guilty? the guy ain't doing something right..I say so
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by MizMyColi(f): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
the men usually are the guilty party..treat a woman right,you'd have her for life..if the woman's guilty? the guy ain't doing something right..I say so

Help me tell my Truckpusher o o ocheesy
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
So, at the end of the day it's usually the guy's fault just like some guys say that it's usually a woman's fault if the union is not working.

The truth is people get married not because they truly love and adore the person they are getting married to, but simply for a lot reasons ranging from Name,sex,beauty,security,protection ,family and societal pressure et al .So how do you expect these people to withstand the pressures that comes with staying at home for years with someone that had a different orientation and understanding about life?

You have siblings and relations from the opposite sex you hardly get along with and just imagine that they are ordinary people from another culture,region and family and you end up with them in a marriage - What do you think would happen after the initial shyness,pretense and holding back that usually come with every new relationship ? You'll see a whole new different personality and that is war for that marriage or relationship. grin

Shine your eyes o cheesy
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by tivta(m): 9:28am On Sep 27, 2015
Jollyjoy:
why wouldnt they be materialistic when men these days tend to forget the lady that stood by them through thick and thin.
. Only few men do that, either way, you can't fight fire for fire. Materialistic love can never be as long lasting as this.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

I have seen women that gets all the best from their partners that are sleeping around with small small boys around town disrespecting their partner ....So?

And I have also seen women that are not just happy no matter what they do for them for their own comfort they keep creating drama everywhere.

People would just be people at the end of the day - Human nature is so dynamic that in issues like this one can not heap every blame on one particular gender.It is an issue of incompatibility and none of them is ready to look the other way,compromise and hope for better days.

For any relationship to work and see it to this beautiful ending - Someone has been rolling the peace, Trust me.

Somebody made a sacrifice, big time.

But these days everybody wants it their own way.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
So, at the end of the day it's usually the guy's fault just like some guys say that it's usually a woman's fault if the union is not working.

The truth is people get married not because they truly love and adore the person they are getting married to, but simply for a lot reasons ranging from Name,sex,beauty,security,protection ,family and societal pressure et al .So how do you expect these people to withstand the pressures that comes with staying at home for years with someone that had a different orientation and understanding about life?

You have siblings and relations from the opposite sex you hardly get along with and just imagine that they are ordinary people from another culture,region and family and you end up with them in a marriage - What do you think would happen after the initial shyness,pretense and holding back that usually come with every new relationship ? You'll see a whole new different personality and that is war for that marriage or relationship. grin

Shine your eyes o cheesy
yeah,that's so on point...I even wear spiritual Google join..if nah to shine eye eh? opolo eye join
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

hello..I have always wondered at your moniker..you like cauliflowers?
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by HVILLE: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2015
I Pray so, but with all this celebrity wanna be lady's na only God can make that possible a big shout out to real lady's keeping it real
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
yeah,that's so on point...I even wear spiritual Google join..if nah to shine eye eh? opolo eye join
It's not just about shinning eyes - I have always told people I date to bare it all.....Show me who you beooooo. grin grin
Do not pretend ,show your worst character to your intended life mate or in any relationship and if he or she isn't ok with that ,fine - At least you'll save the world some pains in the future. grin

People pretend too much these days acting like saints when they are pure demons in human clothing. cheesy
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
It's not just about shinning eyes - I have always told people I date to bare it all.....Show me who you beooooo. grin grin
Do not pretend ,show your worst character to your intended life mate or in any relationship and if he or she isn't ok with that ,fine - At least you'll save the world some pains in the future. grin

People pretend too much these days acting like saints when they are pure demons in human clothing. cheesy
..abegi, bare it all for 9j man..do Nigerian men really love? abeg to all the Nigerian men loving their women truely,you are one in a million.. make una no vex..overlook the generalisation but society made me ask this question...look around you..checkout most married Nigerian men
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..abegi, bare it all for 9j man..do Nigerian men really love? abeg to all the Nigerian men loving their women truely,you are one in a million.. make una no vex..overlook the generalisation but society made me ask this question...look around you..checkout most married Nigerian men
You see, we are far from being close to achieving what is represented in the picture of the two old lovely couple.

I'm not a saint - I'm just like every other Nigerian man.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by tuk2ato(m): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2015
*stuck
Sijo01:
Hmmmmmm
Even in poverty, they sticked together! Awesome is the word.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by adedayourt(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2015
Omotayor123:

Still on bed, feeling lazy this morning * wink

na njoymnt u dey naa wink
kip flexing jare
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by MizMyColi(f): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2015
angry
Truckpusher:
I have seen women that gets all the best from their partners that are sleeping around with small small boys around town disrespecting their partner ....So?

And I have also seen women that are not just happy no matter what they do for them for their own comfort they keep creating drama everywhere.

People would just be people at the end of the day - Human nature is so dynamic that in issues like this one can not heap every blame on one particular gender.It is an issue of incompatibility and none of them is ready to look the other way,compromise and hope for better days.

For any relationship to work and see it to this beautiful ending - Someone has been rolling the peace, Trust me.

Somebody made a sacrifice, big time.

But these days everybody wants it their own way.

Arrrrggggghhhh
I don't like that I agree with you on this one.tongue

Okay, let's go back to the drawing board, shall we?
You have presented an angle that I totally agree with.
But that's not all that there is to it, right?

You'll agree with me, that BlaqCoffe (which causes me headache btw) does have a point.
There are women out there like that.
I don't like that we are quick to throw t baby out with the bathwater.

A choice lies before us daily....to either focus on the negatives or the positive, no matter how diminutive.

Let me ask you, myself and everyone reading this....
What Do You Want From Life?
How Do You Want Your Love Story Written?

If it's anything in the lines of positivity, would it kill me, you and everyone reading this to start being exactly what we desire for ourselves to others?

Yes, people are selfish, and mean, and always want to have their way.....and that perhaps causes us to be that way too. I mean, let's face it...this is a clear case of do me, I do you, God no vex.

However, shey na like this we go dey dey?

It's high time we started being to others that which we desire for ourselves.
If we want a truly selfless relationship, we will learn to be that way to all and sundry.

Will there be people who will undermine and take us for granted?
Well, that's pretty much inevitable.
Though with wisdom and following our intuition, the chances/effects of being hurt will be cushioned.

The onus is on us, the ball is in our court....which is it gon be?
grin

Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by MizMyColi(f): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
hello..I have always wondered at your moniker..you like cauliflowers?

Hehehe
Hello
I don't know what a cauliflower isgrin
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Kazrem(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Omotayor123:
Still on bed, feeling lazy this morning * wink
why
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2015
MizMyColi:
angry

Arrrrggggghhhh
I don't like that I agree with you on this one.tongue

Okay, let's go back to the drawing board, shall we?
You have presented an angle that I totally agree with.
But that's not all that there is to it, right?

You'll agree with me, that BlaqCoffe (which causes me headache btw) does have a point.
There are women out there like that.
I don't like that we are quick to throw t baby out with the bathwater.

A choice lies before us daily....to either focus on the negatives or the positive, no matter how diminutive.

Let me ask you, myself and everyone reading this....
What Do You Want From Life?
How Do You Want Your Love Story Written?

If it's anything in the lines of positivity, would it kill me, you and everyone reading this to start being exactly what we desire for ourselves to others?

Yes, people are selfish, and mean, and always want to have their way.....and that perhaps causes us to be that way too. I mean, let's face it...this is a clear case of do me, I do you, God no vex.

However, shey na like this we go dey dey?

It's high time we started being to others that which we desire for ourselves.
If we want a truly selfless relationship, we will learn to be that way to all and sundry.

Will there be people who will undermine and take us for granted?
Well, that's pretty much inevitable.
Though with wisdom and following our intuition, the chances/effects of being hurt will be cushioned.

The onus is on us, the ball is in our court....which is it gon be?
grin

Smh grin

Women these days would always find a way to pin it on us even as time is changing and we've made a lot of changes for peace to reign at homes ,yet these daughters of eve wants more like Oliver Twist. grin

Well you do have a point. Though, I understand that some men if not almost all us unconciously run with this chauvinistic nature in this part of the world though not only in Africa which was culturally induced over time anyway, it also important to note that times have changed and there are men out there that have accepted these changes - It is unfortunate that some people still play the gender card and use the systemic application of it to have the upper hand when issues arises between a man and a woman in a union ,but the overall result is that men are becoming better husbands wink but one thing is threatening all that now and you all know it. cheesy
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by MizMyColi(f): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Smh grin

Women these days would always find a way to pin it on us even as time is changing and we've made a lot of changes for peace to reign at homes ,yet these daughters of eve wants more like Oliver Twist. grin

Well you do have a point. Though, I understand that some men if not almost all us unconciously run with this chauvinistic nature in this part of the world though not only in Africa which was culturally induced over time anyway, it also important to note that times have changed and there are men out there that have accepted these changes - It is unfortunate that some people still play the gender card and use the systemic application of it to have the upper hand when issues arises between a man and a woman in a union ,but the overall result is that men are becoming better husbands wink but one thing is threatening all that now and you all know it. cheesy

Perhaps you have a mindest already with which you view these things.

I'm being a realist here and made those assertions based on what I know to be true.

Besides, if you read my post again, you will find that I did not pin blames on any gender.

Though from what you wrote initially, I sense that you're succinctly implying that the woman should be the on who makes th sacrifice.
And bears all the brunt, just to prove that she's not like everyone else.
Now where's the fairness in that?

Same goes for ladies who expect the guy to prove he's not like the rest.

How about meeting eachother halfway?
How about a total overhaul of mindset?
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Truckpusher(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm being a realist here and made those assertions based on what I know to be true.

Besides, if you read my post again, you will find that I did not pin blames on any gender.

Though from what you wrote initially, I sense that you're succinctly implying that the woman should be the on who makes th sacrifice.

I never had any mindset and under no circumstances did I ever subtly implied that women should be the one who makes the sacrifice when it comes to union between a man and a woman - You're simply speaking the mindset of an average Nigerian girl and this is the crux of the matter.

If , I as a man have decided to step down on some of my cultural and societal given rights which is inherent in me ,and I'm being again hounded by a woman to drop it all and assume an equal status then there would be problems and I would rather subscribe to that body language of meeting each other half way ,even as I am aware that it's just a matter of time that other demands for equality would arise.

In this game someone need to make it work and that someone has no clear definition on who it's going to be but the laws of natural order must be respected and there can never be two captain in one ship. That was how it worked anything apart from that order is nothing but chaos.

Mark my words.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by zicoraads: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

Baby baby...take it easy jhor kiss kiss
The gentleman is only being a gentleman.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by zicoraads: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2015
See plenty talkshocked
Ina no de tire tongue
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Omotayor123(f): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2015
Kazrem:
why
undecided
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Kazrem(m): 11:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Omotayor123:

undecided
Me no understand o
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by IYANGBALI: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2015
Jollyjoy:
make i follow you suffer
I knwow you? tongue
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by LIGHT6484: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]
everlasting love
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Cherlene(f): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Teeboy22:

Very very beautiful

I love it

Indeed, indeed.

Happy Sunday!

Cherlene
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by Judekenn(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2015
That is the world we are praying for.
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by MizMyColi(f): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
I never had any mindset and under no circumstances did I ever subtly implied that women should be the one who makes the sacrifice when it comes to union between a man and a woman - You're simply speaking the mindset of an average Nigerian girl and this is the crux of the matter.

If , I as a man have decided to step down on some of my cultural and societal given rights which is inherent in me ,and I'm being again hounded by a woman to drop it all and assume an equal status then there would be problems and I would rather subscribe to that body language of meeting each other half way
,even as I am aware that it's just a matter of time that other demands for equality would arise.

How do you know this for sure?
Assuming you've ever been in such pisition, Is there a chance that your belief is what keeps playing itself out as your reality?

In this game someone need to make it work and that someone has no clear definition on who it's going to be but the laws of natural order must be respected and there can never be two captain in one ship. That was how it worked anything apart from that order is nothing but chaos.

Mark my words.

Okay, I think there's a mix up here.
There is a whole world of difference between Equality and Equity....if you check my antecedents, you will find that I have always harped on equity....not Equality.

When we say equity, we refer to the qualities of justness, fairness, impartiality and even handedness. When we talk about equality, we are talking about equal sharing and exact division. #Culled

I grew up an African....and I am very well aware of my roots, and I intend to stay true to it. I do not clamour for equality, it's a recipe for disaster. While it is true that certain advancements have made me change alignments to some degree, the core remains.

Whether it has to do with my personality, I don't know...but I for one cannot stay with a man who will treat me as an equal. I prefer a man I can call my Lord....I'm sure you grab what that implies.

Yet, being a human being and one who is aware of my rights, it is only normal that I be shown respect (in all mutuality), I want to see myself as being treated in all fairness....give to ceasar what belongs to Caesar (the female) and to God what belongs to God (the male)....that's equity.

One thing's surely needed, a total overhaul of mindset.
I understand your point and I agree that there are ladies like that out there...there are also ladies who aren't. They just want to be treated the way the know they deserve to be.

What matters here is your reality....

For example,
I know that there are selfish men out there, whose only goal and source of fulfilment is to undermine women, force them into roles of subserviency, and do whatever it takes to always whip them in line, even when the woman poses no threat to them...when in reality, they are the architect of their own insecurities and egotistic problems.

There are also selfless men out there. No. They are not sissies, they show understanding, they show empathy, they understand that unlike them, women are wired differently. They have a reasonable level of security, and to a large extent....have killed that false sense of self called Ego....especially as it pertains women.

Now, I as a person, having met and related with the categories described above, choose to accept the latter as my reality.
The result is that today....I have a handful of outstanding male relationships.
Even when I come across those in the former category, they tend to show me goodness and fairness.

The reason is simple.
More oft than not, we are mostly what we attract to our lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by MizMyColi(f): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2015
undecided
zicoraads:
See plenty talkshocked
Ina no de tire tongue
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by engroluyede: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
They were not too old is just poverty that change their look may the good LORD deliver us from it
Re: This Is How Love Should Be[photo] by DorisK(f): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wats this! This is how which love should be? Abeg o, not to me......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / Ugandan Man Marries 3 Women At Once, 2 Of Them Are Sisters (Photo) / Woman Smashes Her Husband's Car Windscreen After She Was Beaten By Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.