Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 (36271 Views)

Newcastle United Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 26th September 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
It's the same EPL that another team member was wrongfully given a red card? Talk about being pathetic.

cheesy cheesy Dem don run away
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

You can call it whatever you like bro.. He sold them and he didn't regret selling them. How is that your problem? He sold them and went on to win 6 trophies that year. He sold them and still won 14 trophies in a possible 18. How is that your problem bro?

You can sell whatever player you choose to but if your team still plays well then all well and good. I asked you earlier

is remy better than lukaku?
Wont a midfield with Shulle, De bryne make chelsea a better team?

If Mou wasn't clueless, why would he keep starting Ivanonic despite been the weakest link? He benched players that were still trying and started a player that has been zero from the beginning of the season. You keep running away from questions asked, i know your type

YOU ARE INDEED A FARMER

I asked you a simple question - but rather than answer the question, you posted a rant about subsistence and commercial agriculture...and ended up with ploughing. Are you sure you don't have manure for brain matter?

Who cares about what he won with a team that would have the same trophies even without a coach. And that's evident with the way the Spanish football team dominated world football during the same era. Was he also responsible for Spain's success?

The question is: why did he get rid of three world class footballers cos they play direct football? All the Chelsea players you listed aren't world class by any standard and they will never be. Mou got rid of them cos they were mediocre and lazy.

Again: tell me the team you support and I shall give you a breakdown of Jose Mourinho, the Muhammad of coaches, when it comes to football.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
ba7man:
Teams rise and fall, in the 90s, the Italians were untouchable......... not too far back, it was the epl, the Spanish teams are still riding it but trust me, it's changing.

Don't celebrate yet.
What is changing? And why not celebrate when you've achieved something?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

I asked you a simple question - but rather than answer the question, you posted a rant about subsistence and commercial agriculture...and ended up with ploughing. Are you sure you don't have manure for brain matter?

Who cares about what he won with a team that would have the same trophies even without a coach. And that's evident with the way the Spanish football team dominated world football during the same era. Was he also responsible for Spain's success?

The question is: why did he get rid of three world class footballers cos they play direct football? All the Chelsea players you listed aren't world class by any standard and they will never be. Mou got rid of them cos they were mediocre and lazy.

Again: tell me the team you support and I shall give you a breakdown of Jose Mourinho, the Muhammad of coaches, when it comes to football.

You have a problem with every team and every coach. To you only MOANRINHO and CHELSEA makes sense. I'm done replying you

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

You have a problem with every team and every coach. To you only MOANRINHO and CHELSEA makes sense. I'm done replying you

Lol. This is why I told you to stick to analysing farming.

I'm a proper Chelsea fan and I adore Jose Mourinho, like all old time Chelsea fans (not the plastic/fair-weather recent fans) - what do you expect? I was there when Chelsea was a 2nd rate team and almost never competed for the EPL crown and top-4 was always the target - till Jose Mourinho came and turned our fortunes around. He's directly/indirectly responsible for all the trophies we've won since 2004...and the reason why Chelsea is one of the top seeds in Europe. As it is right now, the history of Chelsea will never be complete without Mourinho taking the biggest chunk of it. Mourinho is Chelsea and Chelsea is Mourinho. He earned it and he can afford to lose the next 20 games and it won't diminish his greatness.

You want to know how great Jose Mourinho is? - the fact that you're mentioning Chelsea in the same breath as great European clubs like Barca, Bayern, Real et al just shows how great Big Mou is...but you wouldn't know that cos you're a blinkered hater. Man City and Tottenham have unlimited funds, but do they have the same pedigree as Chelsea? - another reason why you need to bow down to Big Mou.

Mourinho won at Porto playing 4-4-2, with two strikers. Came to Chelsea - switched it up to 4-3-3 his first season, with Arjen Robben and Damien (Joe Cole as well) destroying opponents from the wings. When they both became injury prone - he switched to 4-5-1 with Drogba leading the line. Moved to Inter and perfected the 4-3-3 with three strikers - while turning Sneijder and Cambiasso into world class players. Then at Real Madrid - he perfected the 4-2-3-1 formation. How many coaches do you know that have won with all kinds of formations like he has done? Yet you want to put a system coach like Guardiola in the same sentence as the great one? You have lost ya cotton picking mind.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
So what you're saying is although football quality in spain is higher, its not as entertaining and lucrative as in England, I know, right?
The quality at of the top two is world class. Then it starts to go south from there due to the huge financial disparity. There appears to be better parity in the EPL because they have the best revenue sharing of TV rights when compared to other similar popular European footy leagues.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

i asked u a question earlier but u failed to answer it.. How many trophies have each teams in epl won individually in the last 5 years? Do the maths and compare it to the number of trophies A. Madrid has won. Dont run away like u always do.
This argument is going no where ...... Get my attention when La Liga gets the same ratings as EPL.
Cheers dude.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
Why can't you say, Laurent Blanc got his tactics right? They are the better team after all.

It was more of Mourinho getting overzeaous and trying to play his usual defensive tactics against a PSG with big firepower upfront - than Blanc getting his tactics right.

PSG can score in so many ways and there was no point being ultra-defensive, with Zouma coming on, when they were one-man down. We should have kept them on the back-foot, to negate their attack, rather than give them the initiative. He made a mistake and he is human.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Funjosh(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
same to you tongue

You go lose this night by fire by force grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by IYANGBALI: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
Funjosh:

You go lose this night by fire by force grin
na dat your bad belle go kill you. I am on my way to Old Trafford to watch the match live tongue
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

so because he inherited a treble winning team means he should be winning treble every year right? U be dunce
fool, a treble winner shouldn't be getting destroyed 5-0, 3-0 in a semi final match and that is even if you consider bayern smashed barca for 7 on their way to treble

Stop being a butt kisser and analyse with your brain
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Trophies. winning. That is why the EPL fell. there is more to the game that brings lasting success.

winning trophies where there is no bit of competition is not an achievement

If you win 500 Ligue 1 with psg it doesn't make you a great coach

Even David Moyes would win the Buli with bayern
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by coded01: 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
When EPL teams did well, were they lesser competitition?

The dominance of Barca and Madrid does not mean less competition but because they are class. Better than all EPL teams.

If they were in EPL, Barca and Real will dominate.

We need more of you...Truth is sweet... cheesy cheesy ... But can be bitter for some... tongue grin

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
PinkBarbie:
Chai these guys played Chelsea sha! grin

Up imbutu! grin
Which club do you support grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by coded01: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
How can two spanish teams win UCL back-to-back n cules are feeding to unnecessary arguments... angry grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by jerryking2rule(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
yeye boy
goryorhal:
This got me grin grin

Most useless team tonight #arsenal#
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
Largas:

Which club do you support grin
The winning team grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
PinkBarbie:
The winning team grin
Nobody wants heart ache yeah I got it grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

The quality at of the top two is world class. Then it starts to go south from there due to the huge financial disparity. There appears to be better parity in the EPL because they have the best revenue sharing of TV rights when compared to other similar popular European footy leagues.
Again, what you're saying is Real Madrid and Barcelona is world class, then you're also saying that they're above every team in england and no team in england is world class? And that all other La Liga teams may be on the same level with EPL teams. This is in terms of football quality, right? Look, you don't fight greatness, and La Liga is definitely great.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

It was more of Mourinho getting overzeaous and trying to play his usual defensive tactics against a PSG with big firepower upfront - than Blanc getting his tactics right.

PSG can score in so many ways and there was no point being ultra-defensive, with Zouma coming on, when they were one-man down. We should have kept them on the back-foot, to negate their attack, rather than give them the initiative. He made a mistake and he is human.
What you're saying is Blanc thrived where Mourinho failed? I think that's a definition of being better.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

This argument is going no where ...... Get my attention when La Liga gets the same ratings as EPL.
Cheers dude.
What do you mean by ratings? And which "ratings" doesn't show La Liga's superiority over Epl on the field?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
Again, what you're saying is Real Madrid and Barcelona is world class, then you're also saying that they're above every team in england and no team in england is world class? And that all other La Liga teams may be on the same level with EPL teams. This is in terms of football quality, right? Look, you don't fight greatness, and La Liga is definitely great.
Sigh .... I give up trying to get thru to these niqqaz grin ..... Get back to me when your "great La Liga league" has better ratings and a bigger international following thann the mo f'kin EPL dude.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
What do you mean by ratings? And which "ratings" doesn't show La Liga's superiority over Epl on the field?
TV revenue ... EPL has the highest.

FYI .... Revenue is directly proportional to ratings
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

TV revenue ... EPL has the highest.

FYI .... Revenue is directly proportional to ratings
Nah, I think I'mma take it this way, it makes more sense "For my information, you made TV rights directly proportional to ratings" please do not insult me, I'll like to think you're civil enough.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
Nah, I think I'mma take it this way, it makes more sense "For my information, you made TV rights directly proportional to ratings" please do not insult me, I'll like to think you're civil enough.
Niqqa .... you killing me bruh!!
Insult you I did not. ... merely expressed my opinion.

Some links that may interest you ....

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32931345

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-division/story/2291547/atletico-madrid-demand-fairer-tv-rights-deal-in-la-liga-with-real-madrid-and-barcelona-enjoying-huge-share
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

Niqqa .... you killing me bruh!!
Insult you I did not. ... merely expressed my opinion.

Some links that may interest you ....

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32931345

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-division/story/2291547/atletico-madrid-demand-fairer-tv-rights-deal-in-la-liga-with-real-madrid-and-barcelona-enjoying-huge-share

This is a case of stating the obvious, I didn't say Real Madrid and Barca aren't with the larger share of TV rights, and it has to remain that way, I asked you if quality of La Liga is better than EPL you dodged it, I asked you if TV rights is equal to rating and you dodged it again, duh, you're not engaging me mentally. They have the money but cannot channel it toward increasing the quality of football and competiveness in europe, Spain and Germany is manhandling England
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
This is a case of stating the obvious, I didn't say Real Madrid and Barca aren't with the larger share of TV rights, and it has to remain that way, I asked you if quality of La Liga is better than EPL you dodged it, I asked you if TV rights is equal to rating and you dodged it again, duh, you're not engaging me mentally.

Quality of La Liga is good at the top, trash at the bottom. That's why even the Bundesliga has more TV revenue.

The value of TV rights is directly proportional to TV ratings.

If you cannot understand these basic concepts, go read the links I provided.

I'm done trying to educate you .... sometimes you can take a donkey to the river but you cannot ..... grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Herrmes: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

Quality of La Liga is good at the top, trash at the bottom. That's why even the Bundesliga has more TV revenue.

The value of TV rights is directly proportional to TV ratings.

If you cannot understand these basic concepts, go read the links I provided.

I'm done trying to educate you .... sometimes you can take a donkey to the river but you cannot ..... grin
Now its TV ratings? Not ratings again? I was gonna tell you to go pay UEFA site a visit and checkout whatever ratings you want there, Trash at the bottom but out performing EPL teams at the top middle and bottom,
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
Herrmes:
Now its TV ratings? Not ratings again? I was gonna tell you to go pay UEFA site a visit and checkout whatever ratings you want there, Trash at the bottom but out performing EPL teams at the top middle and bottom,
You enjoy your La Liga.
I among many others will enjoy my EPL.
We can peacefully co-exist.
Here's a basic primer on TV ratings and the economics of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_ratings
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Funjosh(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
na dat your bad belle go kill you. I am on my way to Old Trafford to watch the match live tongue

Make I carry my mat follow you to Old Garage (Trafford) I go spread mat dey watch how them go take beat you tongue
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by goryorhal(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
jerryking2rule:
yeye boy

U well so grandpa?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by IYANGBALI: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
Funjosh:

Make I carry my mat follow you to Old Garage (Trafford) I go spread mat dey watch how them go take beat you tongue
I'm airbound now. Pls don't disturb tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Atletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona: Copa Del Rey (1 - 3) On 30th May 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 / FA Cup: Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal (4 - 2) On 7th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.