Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 (36283 Views)

Newcastle United Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 26th September 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by advocates: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The EPL is losing flair. Men, last week, I watched the Real Madrid vs Malaga game instead of Real Madrid because of the standard of EPL game.

When will an EPL team play with flair like the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kU6urEQ8qk
Ignore my last post, I was referring to the other who siding me thinking it was you. To the topic: EPL had its style of play that makes it more attractive and market thriving. You are almost one among many who considered the EPL less appealing. Take a stats of the number of people that watch the EPL and you will be amaze of the kind of follower ship it attract. How can an event that lacks flair be this glued to by many?

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by 2dillu2(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
Live image of Chelski bus after today's match in Porto tongue tongue grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
advocates:
Ignore my last post, I was referring to the other who siding me thinking it was you. To the topic: EPL had its style of play that makes it more attractive and market thriving. You are almost one among many who considered the EPL less appealing. Take a stats of the number of people that watch the EPL and you will be amaze of the kind of follower ship it attract. How can an event that lacks flair be this glued to by many?

The reason why people love watching the EPL is because the EPL has one thing. DRAMA. Excitement that leaves you glued to your TV. Talking points. For instance look at Man City vs Tottenham game. You get to see a clear offside pass come to Kyle Walker and the referee lets it stand. Then Harry Kane dive to win a free kick that lead to goal.

I noticed in the La Liga, the referees are strict and do not allow defending players hamper creative play. In the EPL harsh tackles and fouls are allowed. Star players injure and are not allowed to develop their skills.

Look at the Arsenal Vs Chelsea game. Every sports news channel, top blog and magazine talked about the Costa, Kosceilny, Gabriel incident.

The pace and the long shots because of teams defending deep makes it exciting.

But, it is killing the game and the teams lack in skill and technical play.

4 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by IYANGBALI: 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
He be like say edwife,funjosh and vickyrotex no come market today grin

1 Share

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The league is hitting up. After the emergence of Atletico Madrid under Simeone, Villarreal and Celta Vigo are playing some amazing football this season. Last weekend Villarreal beat Atletico Madrid to remain unbeaten this season. Celta Vigo is also unbeaten this season and thrashed Barcelona 4-1.

OK, that's good to hear. It's always good to see the "big two" shake a bit.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
advocates:
You are not wrong at all. But while EPL teams seems to be losing it at UCL levels, no league can rival the organization, the revenue, the passion and fans, the technology, the media (online and press), and other allied systems being put to use in the footballing world of England.

They just own almost every other accesories related to football development as a game.
South American countries may be producing the best footballers,
Spain may be producing the best professional teams,
Africa may be producing the strongest player, or
England yet producing the worst natonal team in Europe...they are still on top of football development and the main hub of footbal fans from around the world.
Unpredictability of the games makes it more pleasurable too...No two horse race.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
advocates:
You obviously know no Jack about football. At a point, Madrid only stopped at the quarters for three consecutive seasons until current Chelsea coach change that, then Liverpool, Man u and Chelsea had no issue getting to the semis or even finals. Go back memory lane, and count the number of times Chelsea got to the semi finals when Mourinho was initially in charge. Then, only Chelsea had the antidote to Barcelona. So don't come here to make pointless comparism. It's apparent that the rigidity and intensity of the EPL is the major challenge to their performance in the UCL, where smaller teams
are becoming a hard nut to crack, a fun. entirely missing from the laliga.

Quit spewing trash. You guys always look for a way to cover up for ur mess. Those years you made mentioned of, how many teams made it to the finals? How many of them won it? UCL is all about the number 1 position. In the last few years, we all know how EPL teams have performed in UCL and El.

Its only EPL that is intensity inclined right? Arsenal lost back to back, chelsea also lost. In 6 games, EPL teams have lost 5 matches but you scream its the league that caused it. You are deluded, barca have close to 6 players injured plus being unable to field their new players and selling off players in the summer but still, they top the table of UCL and second in La Liga.

You scream lower teams are hard nut to crack yet when they meet in EL, they are always beaten. Do you remember how Athletic Bilbao won Man U home and away in EL? Man u eventually won the EPL that season, that proves how weak and over hyped the league it. Imagine Olympiacos beating Arsenal at home. Damn it

7 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The reason why people love watching the EPL is because the EPL has one thing. DRAMA. Excitement that leaves you glued to your TV. Talking points. For instance look at Man City vs Tottenham game. You get to see a clear offside pass come to Kyle Walker and the referee lets it stand. Then Harry Kane dive to win a free kick that lead to goals.

I noticed in the La Liga, the referees are strict and do not allow defending players hamper creative play. In the EPL harsh tackles and fouls are allowed. Star players injure and are not allowed to develop their skills.

Look at the Arsenal Vs Chelsea game. Every sports news channel, top blog and magazine talked about the Costa, Kosceilny, Gabriel incident.

Do you know three offside goals was scored in that match?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
ollah1:

Do you know three offside goals was scored in that match?

That is what I am talking about. The pace of the EPL is delightful and exciting to watch but the technicality of the game goes unnoticed due to excitement.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
kobonaire:

OK, that's good to hear. It's always good to see the "big two" shake a bit.

A. Madrid won the league two seasons ago, remember. In the past few years, three teams have won the La Liga, likewise EPL. So i believe you should know what you are typing

2 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
bugzbunny:

I hate unecessary arguments
Barca can hardly beat stoke city
Take it to d bank....go rest..
U
o boy where were yo english team wen real won it 8tims where are yo overrated teams or players are on fifa or uefa best players or uefa highest goal scorer, Atletic bielbaw beat manuited home and away in europa league to play spain vs spain in de final 2014 uefa champions spain, europa cup spain 2015 ueafa and europa spain. Bacca won manuited and city why wont stock qualif and play villerreal or espanyol

3 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

You are not wrong at all. But while EPL teams seems to be losing it at UCL levels, no league can rival the organization, the revenue, the passion and fans, the technology, the media (online and press), and other allied systems being put to use in the footballing world of England.

They just own almost every other accesories related to football development as a game.
South American countries may be producing the best footballers,
Spain may be producing the best professional teams,
Africa may be producing the strongest player, or
England yet producing the worst natonal team in Europe...they are still on top of football development and the main hub of footbal fans from around the world.
Unpredictability of the games makes it more pleasurable too...No two horse race.

at the emboldened, which league is a two horse race?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by advocates: 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
ollah1:

Quit spewing trash. You guys always look for a way to cover up for ur mess. Those years you made mentioned of, how many teams made it to the finals? How many of them won it? UCL is all about the number 1 position. In the last few years, we all know how EPL teams have performed in UCL and El.

Its only EPL that is intensity inclined right? Arsenal lost back to back, chelsea also lost. In 6 games, EPL teams have lost 5 matches but you scream its the league that caused it. You are deluded, barca have close to 6 players injured plus being unable to field their new players and selling off players in the summer but still, they top the table of UCL and second in La Liga.

You scream lower teams are hard nut to crack yet when they meet in EL, they are always beaten. Do you remember how Athletic Bilbao won Man U home and away in EL? Man u eventually won the EPL that season, that proves how weak and over hyped the league it. Imagine Olympiacos beating Arsenal at home. Damn it
Your argument suffers in depth. What then do you regard the Laliga those seasons Man u, Liverpool and Chelsea won the covetous cup? Do you refer the laliga as worthless as you are trying to paint the epl? Not forgetting the 9 man Chelsea side that dismantle Baca at a point.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
bugzbunny:

I hate unecessary arguments
Barca can hardly beat stoke city
Take it to d bank....go rest..
U
But they are beating Man city, Man U and Arsenal the best EPL got to offer. Over hype EPL fan boy

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
Debroslink:
EPL is the best league in the world. Very competitive average clubs, just like the Nigerian Premier League.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
advocates:
Your argument suffers in depth. What then do you regard the Laliga those seasons Man u, Liverpool and Chelsea won the covetous cup? Do you refer the laliga as worthless as you are trying to paint the epl? Not forgetting the 9 man Chelsea side that

dismantle Baca at a point.

Do you need to be remembered again that EPL won UCL on penalties? How did chelsea dismantle Barca? Oh well, its dismantle to you tho since draw is enough to make your team happy where teams like Barca know nothing else but win regardless of their condition. 7 players on the sidelines now for Barca

2 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
Missy89:
Shymm3x sup? grin

Can you believe I slept off, just when the game was about to start, I swear down?

Thank God I recorded it - should watch it tomorrow.

Madness.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by advocates: 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That is what I am talking about. The pace of the EPL is delightful and exciting to watch but the technicality of the game goes unnoticed due to excitement.
What is football without excitement? Take away the suspense from it and it loose its attractiveness. Your point still boils down to why EPL is the most watch league in the world. I bet you, by the time Messi and Rinaldo leave that place, that is bye bye to laliga. The league was just fortunate to have two of the best at the same time, even at that, EPL still remains the favourite.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
André André (FC Porto): "We wanted this victory more than Chelsea and that's why we won."

— Tom Kundert (@PortuGoal1) September 29, 2015
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
advocates:
What is football without excitement? Take away the suspense from it and it loose its attractiveness. Your point still boils down to why EPL is the most watch league in the world. I bet you, by the time Messi and Rinaldo leave that place, that is bye bye to laliga. The league was just fortunate to have two of the best at the same time, even at that, EPL still remains the favourite.

The league will keep attracting the best technical talents. They also groom great technical talents like Isco, Koke, Oliver Torres.

The EPL is exciting no doubt but exciting does not mean they are playing better.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by smoothralph(m): 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The reason why people love watching the EPL is because the EPL has one thing. DRAMA. Excitement that leaves you glued to your TV. Talking points. For instance look at Man City vs Tottenham game. You get to see a clear offside pass come to Kyle Walker and the referee lets it stand. Then Harry Kane dive to win a free kick that lead to goals.

Sharap there!
Was it not in La Liga match after real Madrid had two of thier players sent off...The ref gave a player from the other team two yellow cards without sending the player off?

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by bugzbunny: 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
But they are beating Man city, Man U and Arsenal the best EPL got to offer. Over hype EPL fan boy
Dats to show. How. Gud the Epl is...
Anyone. Can. Beat anyone
Get barca into the Epl..I bet u.. Best is to make top four.. They will lose to leicester city..everton.. Ètc
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by emperorchedda(m): 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
There's definitely something up with mourinho and ivanovich. Mourinho is the last coach that continues playing an under performing player but Ivanovich isn't just under performing, he is playing against chelsea EVERY WEEK.

This is about the 8th game ivanovic has cost us the match YET MOURINHO WILL STILL USE HIM NEXT WEEK

Something is happening between them in the background because I believe Mou just wants to satisfy ivanovich and doesn't give fvck about how many times ivanovich has been mercilessly dribbled, he can't cross, he passes backwards even from attacking position

I'm just confused. Mourinho please help us, we know ivanovich is good and you are always right but just bench him with baba and exchange your pride for 3 points.

2 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by smoothralph(m): 12:03am On Sep 30, 2015
advocates:
Your argument suffers in depth. What then do you regard the Laliga those seasons Man u, Liverpool and Chelsea won the covetous cup? Do you refer the laliga as worthless as you are trying to paint the epl? Not forgetting the 9 man Chelsea side that dismantle Baca at a point.
And I remember chelsea won the champions league and finished 6th in the league
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by tgmservice: 12:03am On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How is he a learner? He is complaining about the state of the EPL today and you guys are pointing out that the EPL was great in the past.

I USED TO HAVE IS NOT PROPERTY.
my friend God will bless u for explaining things to those children calling me a learner

2 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:07am On Sep 30, 2015
smoothralph:

Sharap there!
Was it not in La Liga match after real Madrid had two of thier players sent off...The ref gave a player from the other team two yellow cards without sending the player off?

There is no league without controversies but the EPL topples all. The amount of talking points in the EPL dwarfs other leagues. You can see it with the John Terry racis.t fiasco or the Suarez rasci.st fiasco. Or the Suarez bite fiasco.

The EPL creates more talking point. Mourinho brought it to the La Liga and he lost his job. Talking points takes awayaway a lot of sight from the football.

Chelsea had the PSG train incident, Dr. Eva's case etc.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:
true but La Liga is still generally boring to follow as only those 2 dominate .... I prefer watching the EPL, even if slightly inferior in football quality to RM & Barca because you have more parity within the league and thus more exciting/entertaining games.
That is not entirely true because teams like Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Villarreal are also good. You can see that Celta Vigo punished Barcelona 4-1 even when Messi was on the pitch. What these teams simply lack is the financial power to bring many superstars to their team but when it comes to rudiment no team in the EPL can beat her chest against a team like Atletico.
Laliga simply the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by DollyParton1(f): 12:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Can you believe I slept off, just when the game was about to start, I swear down?

Thank God I recorded it - should watch it tomorrow.

Madness.

Overfeeding on badonkadonk.....
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 12:09am On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Football evolves. After Guardiola thrashed Bayern Munich with Barca, the teams in the German league took steps to up their game. For now, the EPL lacks behind technically. You can not say because they used to play well then, they are good.

Can you compare the Chelsea of today to the Chelsea with Drogba, Lampard and Ballack?

Can you compare Manchester United of today to the Man Utd with CR7, Tevez and Evra?

Or Liverpool of today to the team with Xabi Alonso, Mascherano and Gerard?

Lmao...TheGoodJoeHunt and his pseudo-football analysis. grin

Guardiola is overrated - he was just lucky to have been gifted one of the most talented Barca teams ever, with a Messi that's one of the greatest magicians to ever kick a football. When you have that, with a prime Xavi and Iniesta, as the nucleus of ya team - you would perform wonders. I honestly don't know what's special about the guy - he's the Chip Kelly of football, always trying to outsmart himself, with ridiculous junk. He has been at Bayern for over two seasons now - with a very talented team, how come he hasn't won anything, apart from the Bundesliga?

Anyway, back to ya point: the EPL today is better technically today than it has ever been. The only problem is that the other leagues have stepped up. When English clubs dominated Europe: Italian league was on the decline; German league lacked the required talents; and Spanish league had the flair but lacked the talent apart from Barca (Even Real Madrid was rebuilding after the Galacticos. Hence there was a vacuum for English club to fill with physical and direct football, that's effective with a bigger spending power. Nothing has changed apart from the rest catching up.

Chelsea of Drogba, Lampard and Ballack? - Nah, the best Chelsea team, the 04/05 Chelsea never had Drogba and Ballack...and Lampard played a limited but effective role on that team. The Chelsea of Drogba and Ballack was just more effective playing the 4-5-1 formation, with Drogba as the lone beast upfront...but I'd rank the Chelsea of last season higher than every other Chelsea, apart from the 04/05 Chelsea. And they did have their own bad spell - the only difference was that they always tend to grind out 1-0 victory most times due to grit, despite how ugly they played most time. That was the era where Chelsea was notorious for being boring, hence the name: boring, boring Chelsea. Don't develop amnesia now.

You mean the Liverpool of Xabi Alonso, Mascherano and Gerard that never won anything, apart from the flukey Champions league victory against AC Milan? That was an unstable era - with Benitez buying gazillion of players (about 300 players in total). If they hadn't sold Suarez - Liverpool would be far better today. But they've got a great young core and they just need one or two pieces - with a coach that understands how to play to players' strengths.

Please, this result was expected cos Mourinho has never performed well against Porto since he left the club in 2004. Let's not get carried away by this result and the draw at Newcastle. He has never won at Newcastle as well.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 30, 2015
bugzbunny:

Dats to show. How. Gud the Epl is...
Anyone. Can. Beat anyone
Get barca into the Epl..I bet u.. Best is to make top four.. They will lose to leicester city..everton.. Ètc

Where you In Mars when celta vigo dealt with Barca? Or where you heavily drunk when Madrid drew Malaga despite been at home? EPL legend Paul Scholes said " if Barca, Madrid or Baryen are EPL teams, they would win the league within themselves "

2 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

Overfeeding on badonkadonk.....

Lool. Nah, I just over-trained my legs and got knackered.

Shiit happens. grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by DollyParton1(f): 12:14am On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lool. Nah, I just over-trained my legs and got knackered.

Shiit happens. grin
More like overused ur other LEG. tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Atletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona: Copa Del Rey (1 - 3) On 30th May 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 / FA Cup: Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal (4 - 2) On 7th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.