Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC (657 Views)

Nigeria Now Pumping 2.1m Barrels Of Oil Per Day, Says NNPC – The Cable / James Ibori Is Set To Return By December, Delta Residents Rejoice / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by Shine1177: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2015
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has stated that refineries that fail to meet the 90-day ultimatum to get fixed may be sold.

Speaking with journalists, on Thursday, the Group Managing Director (GMD) of the corporation, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, stated that "by the end of December when the 90-day ultimatum will expire, any refineries that does not work optimally will be sold.

"I am determined to make a difference during my stay. We are losing $10 billion monthly to refinery inefficiency. As of today, the average refining performance is 30 per cent.

"If by December, the refineries don't work, I will export crude allocation and import refined petroleum products until we fix the refineries. Right now, the Port Harcourt refineries are showing signs they will meet the December deadline.

"However, I am not saying Warri and Kaduna refineries will not meet the deadline, but I hope they all meet it so that we can continue to utilise our crude allocation to boost domestic refining."

Kachikwu said that NNPC cash call arrears stood at $5 billion and hopes to settle the arrears by end of December 2015.

"By December, I hope to settle all the cash call arrears and grow NPDC to where it is supposed to be," he said.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/any-refineries-fail-work-optimally-december-will-be-sold-says-nnpc-boss
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 27, 2015
shocked
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by Magician1503(m): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by Onyenna(m): 7:05am On Sep 27, 2015
well.....he has a point........this is a direct call to all involved to buckle up or face the music....... This man n'eyi niggers Egwu..... Nice one
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by Onyenna(m): 7:06am On Sep 27, 2015
well.....he has a point........this is a direct call to all involved to buckle up or face the music.......
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by egift(m): 7:08am On Sep 27, 2015
Also the licenses given in the past or presently should be reviewed and ensure that those companies build theirs as soon as possible.
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by WHOcarex: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2015
That's serious
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by 989900: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2015
$10 billion monthly? How is that possible?

I guess it's N10B or $10m

OTOH, we still need to forensically determine how much PMS we do actually consume daily on the average.
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by CyberWolf: 7:19am On Sep 27, 2015
Bunch of jokers ..I thought they says the refineries is already working? angry
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by chudionu58(f): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2015
So happy to note that the APC e-goats have delisted TAM as their preliminary selling point!

Lies doesn't go far.
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by sammyj: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2015
This target is a welcome development since it will put the refineries workers on their toes to make things work for the good of the refineries! !!
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by chudionu58(f): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2015
sammyj:
This target is a welcome development since it will put the refineries workers on their toes to make things work for the good of the refineries! !!
No TAM again? loooooool!!
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by chudionu58(f): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2015
sammyj:
No TAM again? but targets *big grin*
Re: Any Refineries That Fail To Work Optimally By December Will Be Sold, Says NNPC by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2015
The story keep changing. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Court Stops Diezani From Leaving UK Till Next April / God Save Us All. Bokoharam Claim Victory / Bukola Saraki Received 2nd Batch Of Ministerial List. See His Tweet Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.