Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? (17885 Views)

Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) / Would You Buy This 1982 Peugeot 504 Station Wagon For ₦6million? / How Good Is Used Peugeot 407 For A Beginner... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by psych1: 7:35am On Sep 27, 2015
I came across two Tokunbo Peugeot 407 of 2004/2005.
First is black 407 salon, second is brown 407sw. Both are sweet looking grin
Am a novice when it comes to Peugeot brands.
What is the reliability, drivability, and part availability statistics from Nigerian perspective.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Ikenna351(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
psych1:
What is the reliability, drivability, and part availability statistics from Nigerian perspective.

Peugeot 407 is a nice reliable Lion.

For the petrol engines, the 407 comes with EW7, EW10J4, EW10A, EW12 & ES9A (V6). That is, 110 hp, 138 hp, 145 hp, 170 hp & 211 hp (horsepower).

They come with manual and auto transmission option. For the manuals, the manual one with EW12 comes with 6-speed manual gearbox, while the rest have 5-speed.

For auto transmission. 407 auto transmission with EW12 engine comes with ZF HP20, while the rest of the petrol 4-cylinder engines have BVA_AL4 transmission.

However, all 407 with ES9A V6 engine have Aisin AM6 6-speed auto transmission.

They are all reliable, depending on how you use them.

Ikenna, the Lion King

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by psych1: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2015
Deeply appreciate you for the information.
Any Nigerian user experience is welcome
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
psych1:

Where do you live?
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by chucky234(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Where do you live?
lol you wan kidnap am Sha remember me if the ransom land
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
chucky234:
lol you wan kidnap am
Sha remember me if the ransom land

Hehehehehehe you will be notified.

Kaduna, lagos, abuja, kano roads are fair, parts abound.
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by chucky234(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Hehehehehehe you will be notified.
Kaduna, lagos, abuja, kano roads are fair, parts abound.

Lagos go do
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
psych1:
Flee Peugeots l repeat flee.... The people who have been advising you are Peugeot mechanics hence you're potential atm ..... Buy a car anyone and everyone understands... Flee Peugeots.... Bad brakes.... Silly bsi.... Everything evil.... While others were working towards reliability Peugeots have been largely unconcerned buy another car I repeat do not let the mechanics here fool you.....

8 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
angels09:

Flee Peugeots l repeat flee.... The people who have been advising you are Peugeot mechanics hence you're potential atm ..... Buy a car anyone and everyone understands... Flee Peugeots.... Bad brakes.... Silly bsi.... Everything evil.... While others were working towards reliability Peugeots have been largely unconcerned buy another car I repeat do not let the mechanics here fool you.....

There is still time for you to edit your post and also apologize, if ikenna catch you dising peugeot without reliable evidence, then you are done for.

As for op when I bought this nissan Almera 1.5L manual transmission, I was crucified by everyone that it's a rubbish car, overheats an highly unreliable piece of crap from a loser manufacturer, why did I buy it?. Well since I had done my due deligence in checking the car out, I am enjoying it till date infact driving a manual uphill in traffic now is no beggie and I am enjoying that nissan as I enjoy my toyota. There is no MAGGIC in reliability

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
nurey:

ther ther still time for you to edit your post and also apologize, if ikenna catch you dising peugeot without reliable evidence, then you are done for.

As for op when I bought this nissan Almera 1.5L 1.5L manu transmission, I was crucified by everyone that it's a rubbish car, overheats an highly unreliable piece of crap from a loser manufacturer, why did I buy it. Well since I had done my due deligence in checking the car out I am enjoying it till date infact driving a manual uphill now and no beggie and I am enjoying that nissan nissan I also enjoy my toyota. There is no MAGGIC in reliability

I didn't mince words no room for apology... If am called out I will say more
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by samally: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
angels09:

I didn't mince words no room for apology... If am called out I will say more

Am not sure of what you mean sir!
Because people are using 406 here and it has been a sweet story from them...
how come yours? kindly elaborate and let learn from you.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by gambus007(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
angels09:

Have you use any peugeot before?i just need to know.
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
angels09:

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Ikenna351(m): 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
nurey:

There is still time for you to edit your post and also apologize, if ikenna catch you dising peugeot without reliable evidence, then you are done for.

As for op when I bought this nissan Almera 1.5L manual transmission, I was crucified by everyone that it's a rubbish car, overheats an highly unreliable piece of crap from a loser manufacturer, why did I buy it?. Well since I had done my due deligence in checking the car out, I am enjoying it till date infact driving a manual uphill in traffic now is no beggie and I am enjoying that nissan as I enjoy my toyota. There is no MAGGIC in reliability

I am happy for you for becoming aware.

My mission on Car Talk Nairaland is to create awareness for people interested. It's not for everyone. I mean, awareness of what Peugeots truly are, what I have found out and still find out about them, and things or what I apply that enables me to enjoy them. How one chooses to interpret my mission is up to the person.

@ Op,

Difference between a poor man and a rich one or one that desire wealth is, Poor man wish for economy while rich man wish for good life. Solomon in the Bible wished/asked for wisdom which is priceless, the same way good life is priceless, and that's why abundant wealth became his reality. But the poor man or one that wants to remain poor would always seek or wish for economy, which simply means less spending. And that's why they will continue to have the experience of not having enough to spend less, because that's what they want or wished for. When all your energy or attention is on "Reliability", what exactly do you think you are seeking? Economy? Asking for less spending, right?

If i had listened to or paid attention to negative reviews online about Peugeot 505 V6, I wouldn't have gone for one and be enjoying mine. I recently did a trip with the lion where it consumed less than 20 liters of fuel for over 200 kilometers. This is a Lion produced in 1986 and has been with me for the past 5 years. Ask me how many things I have replaced on the Lion since I got him?

I am embarking on a journey with one of my V6 Lions in few days and I am mounting 4 brand new Michelin tyres on the Lion for the journey. That tells you how I planned to enjoy the lion on the road and the entire journey. Like I have always said, while some are busy looking for negative comments to make about Peugeot cars online to discourage others from buying them, some Peugeot owners are busy enjoying theirs. And most importantly, adding more and enjoying other good lifes added.

What many people don't know is, everyone now wants to drive a Peugeot 406, to the point that some are willing and buying even the RHD-LHD converted ones they know may likely have some issues since their factory designs/settings have been tampered with, but because they are cheaper, they want to have a taste of the Lion, which same amount would have gotten them other brand of cars. The lack of awareness is that Peugeot 407 has the same powertrain Peugeot 406 it succeeded/replaced has. Let me put it in another way. Peugeot 407s have the same engines and transmissions that Peugeot 406s have. Difference is on the body, because the late Peugeot 406s have the same Multiplexing electrical systems in Peugeot 407s. So if Peugeot 406 parts are available where you stay, what is your worry? Brake pads, brake discs, etc? How often do you change these things? 1,2, or even 3 years? Suspensions? How many times have you heard a Peugeot user/owner complaining he/she replaced his shock absorber?

Anyone that complains about how unreliable his Lion is to him/her, visit and take a look at the lion he is complaining about. Do we talk about abuse some do removing their Lions cooling system thermostats? Do we talk about abuse of bypassing factory radiator electric fan connection these people that complain do on their Lions? What people don't know when they bypass these factory fan connections in Lions is, the engine ECU in these Lions is what controls the radiator fans through the signals it receives from CTS. So any short circuit or wrong connections while doing the bypassing, over time, clashes or sometimes instantly harms/destroy the engine ECU, such is the BSI unit, which happens to be the Vehicle immobilized as well. Most Nigerians have formed the habit of removing batteries or swapping batteries in their Lions while engine is running and expect the BSI unit to smile at them for such abuse, and they turn back and blame Lions for that?

It's simple, don't ever give another man the permission to choose your happiness for you, otherwise you live a miserable live. We all here on planet for different purposes. You have to find your own purpose. Opposite of conformity is freedom. Conformity is when you live by peoples approval or seek for their approval for your own happiness. Freedom is when you seek for or choose your own happiness. A decision and consequences that lies on everyone.

Peugeot 406 & 407 parts are very much available in Nigeria, if that's your concern psych1.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by gambus007(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
Op let me share my short story.sometimes last year i posted topic about honda and toyota both 1999 model which i wanted to buy but gat love for peugeot 307.i told kazeem about my plans of getting 307, reply from him was "that car way dey get electrical problm,the brainbox dey spoil blah blah...i was confused and unhappy.i contacted ikenna about my love for peugeot cars.he gave me his advice added me to peugeot group and connected me with someone in france.i got my car from france.i used it for 2weeks or so i got anti-pollution..hmmmmm i was not happy with that.i contacted ikenna i was told to go scan the car which i did.problem was bad injector(cylinder 4).Op i now fix my car myself.you have to love what you drive.never abuse peugeot...if you love to abuse cars abeg go for toyota.

10 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 28, 2015
gambus007:

Have you use any peugeot before?i just need to know.

Yes when the heads of the people at Peugeot was still hung in the right direction....

504 bestline
505 SRD Diesel powered
505 Petrol
Peugeot 206....

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 28, 2015
gambus007:
Op let me share my short story.sometimes last year i posted topic about honda and toyota both 1999 model which i wanted to buy but gat love for peugeot 307.i told kazeem about my plans of getting 307, reply from him was "that car way dey get electrical problm,the brainbox dey spoil blah blah...i was confused and unhappy.i contacted ikenna about my love for peugeot cars.he gave me his advice added me to peugeot group and connected me with someone in france.i got my car from france.i used it for 2weeks or so i got anti-pollution..hmmmmm i was not happy with that.i contacted ikenna i was told to go scan the car which i did.problem was bad injector(cylinder 4).Op i now fix my car myself.you have to love what you drive.never abuse peugeot...if you love to abuse cars abeg for toyota.
Now you're a mechanic... Op I told you! The mechanics are here to change your destiny

15 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2015
You heard them one calls himself the lion king when he cannot even manufacture a spark plug... That name is derived from ability to empty your pockets without a choice since its known that your choices are limited..... Please buy a Toyota or any other brand that will give you choices

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by gambus007(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2015
angels09:

Now you're a mechanic... Op I told you! The mechanics are here to change your destiny
Mr man i dont fix cars only...i fix alot of things like laptops,phones etc.i love to fix my stuff.whatever you say will not stop people from buying peugeot cars.i see more peugeot drivers with smile in dia faces. grin

9 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2015
gambus007:

Mr man i dont fix cars only...i fix alot of things like laptops,phones etc.i love to fix my stuff.whatever you say will not stop people from buying peugeot cars.i see more peugeot drivers with smile in dia faces. grin
Smiles unless you're in Abuja Lagos or kaduna
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by nurey(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2015
angels09:
You heard them one calls himself the lion king when he cannot even manufacture a spark plug... That name is derived from ability to empty your pockets without a choice since its known that your choices are limited..... Please buy a Toyota or any other brand that will give you choices

I have two cars at my disposal, a Nissan almera 2000 and a toyota sienna 2000, I change my sienna bulbs my self, side mirrors when faulty or broken, oil change and filter also I have the Haynes manual for both vehicles does that also make me a mechanic.

Fixing my car myself gives me pleasure and confidence that the said car would reach Mars if the road was available. Besides if your ride dissapoints you know how to fix it incase there is no one around. Also it will enable you bypass kazeem's trial and error and you earn respect from neighbours, family and friends

9 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Sep 28, 2015
angels09:

Comedian grin

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Schwarzenegger: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
Guy go for the 407 SW Nice ride. Forget about that angel of a guy. I am enjoying my 406 SW EW12 Engine.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by DGD1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
angels09:

loools
You are one of a guy!

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by eminikansoso(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
i just bought a tok Peugeot 307 auto for Idrl Kabil festival and i really enjoyed it.
it took me less 6 hrs from onitsha to ilorin and consume less fuel of #4500 only.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
eminikansoso:
i just bought a tok Peugeot 307 auto for Idrl Kabil festival and i really enjoyed it.
it took me less 6 hrs from onitsha to ilorin and consume less fuel of #4500 only.
You just bought a disaster in waiting

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Homguy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
angels09:

lools. Why the hate? Care to spill your past experience with Peugeots?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by diportivo: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
Angels09 tho

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
angels09:

Tell your story of peugeot abuse, let's hear.
Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by eminikansoso(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
angels09:

i don't buy disaster but a ride
meanwhile mind the way you talk to people because for your own good.
Buying car is very good and maintenance culture is very important.
I did not buy the car to maintain itself rather it is my responsibilities to do the maintenance and keep it in proper shape.

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Ikenna351(m): 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
eminikansoso:

Congratulations. I am happy for you.

If you have joined The Lion Community already, I will do my best to continue to share my knowledge on Lions with members in the community, because those tips/knowledge have been the source of my happiness owning those Lions. They are truly amazing; outstanding animals. I love them all.

Ikenna, the Lion King.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? by Raymie(m): 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
angels09:

angels09:

And yhu are......?
Please state what evilness reside in Peugeots that the OP can't buy one or forever hold what's left of your peace.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? / Advice Needed On Toyota Sienna Car / Six Ways To Kill Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.