Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls (3295 Views)

Couple Who Have Been Married For 65 Years Share A Kiss In Beautiful Photos / "She Lied To Me For Six Years" Heartbroken Man Cries Out After DNA Result / Court Dissolves Marriage Over HIV Positive Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls by Jahblessme: 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Who wants to bet that this man got hiv by sleeping around? I'd bet my big toe.If it was through other means he would have been more forthcoming.

So he wants her to stay abi? Yet was a heartless monster by not telling her for months and probably hoping shed catch it so he'd pin it on her naija style.Na God catch am,wicked soul! He should have given her the option to stay or go by confessing and coming clean.Imagine if it was her that was infected first, hed have thoroughly disgraced her and thrown her out.

Have seen soo many cases where the hiv patient would try to coerce the doctors into forcing medication on their spouses and also telling heavy lies to cover up.I refused to take part in such.Even cases of the infected partner refusing to tell the spouse ( more rampant in men). So depressing.

Thank God for STD trace here.It is a crime to purposely infect someone.If you have an STD,you are counselled and asked to inform your partner. If you refuse or are not comfortable, the clinic invites the partner & all sex ual contacts, runs tests and administers treatment.If una reach house make una kill una self but an epidemic must be prevented.

Abeg woman pack your things and gerrout. No children ontop so what's the point in staying.Next thing you'll wake up to see him hovering over you with a syringe filled with infected blood. This man de find who go de change him pampers when gbege go set.Totally against him cos he was playing Russian roulette with her life.Wicked thing.

5 Likes

Re: Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls by thorpido(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2015
dominique:

If reverse was the case, the men here will advise that the husband should send her packing at once. Nigerians and double standards.
That's not true.I work close to the HIV clinic so I know it's not true.
Perhaps you meant Nairaland men and double standards.
SAMBARRY:
are you surprised . In fact the whole family and neighbours will know grin

what I'm surprised about is why bible quoters have not come to quote bible in 1st corinthians that love is patient and kind and endures through every circumstance grin
Indeed love is patient and kind.I have seen a few cases where the man is negative and the wife is positive.They have kids and the man loves his wife and wants to keep his family together.He chooses to support his wife.
By the way,sex is not the only way to get HIV.Some have gotten it through blood transfusion or the case i know from contacts during an accident.
ayab66:
The was not aware of the sickness until when the was seriously sick and they went to hospital and the husband got to know and still he did not inform the wife.it was after like three months after the wife saw the letter given to from the hospital referring him to him to teaching hospital about his retroviral status that makes him to confess And start begging her not to leave him when the wife went for her own test and she is negative,maybe he was thinking both of them are positive only god knows what was on his mind.and him already has a grown up daughter.

This is where I have a problem.The man hid his status from the woman and only confessed becauseshe saw the letter.He would have been having unprotected sex with her during that time.Sheer wickedness.
The woman should leave if she wants to.Good thing they don't have kids yet.

The woman is not yet clear though.She has to run another test in 3 months' time.
Re: Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls by MARKone(m): 8:48am On Sep 28, 2015
ayab66:
The was not aware of the sickness until when the was seriously sick and they went to hospital and the husband got to know and still he did not inform the wife.it was after like three months after the wife saw the letter given to from the hospital referring him to him to teaching hospital about his retroviral status that makes him to confess And start begging her not to leave him when the wife went for her own test and she is negative,maybe he was thinking both of them are positive only god knows what was on his mind.and him already has a grown up daughter.

After reading your first post, I was like they can manage the crisis with understanding and empathy till I saw this your second post. Like someone had said, the woman should just jejely pack her stuff and leave, no sentiments here. Because if the role is reversed, I won't waste time sending the woman away, not because of her Status, but for lying and not opening up about her status.

There should be no assumption with something as delicate as HIV, what the man should have done, max 3 day of knowing, is to tell his wife and take her for test, what the man did was wrong, there are things you do not hide from your partner.
Re: Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls by dominique(f): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2015
thorpido:
That's not true.I work close to the HIV clinic so I know it's not true.
Perhaps you meant Nairaland men and double standards.
Indeed love is patient and kind.I have seen a few cases where the man is negative and the wife is positive.They have kids and the man loves his wife and wants to keep his family together.He chooses to support his wife.
By the way,sex is not the only way to get HIV.Some have gotten it through blood transfusion or the case i know from contacts during an accident.

My first sentence put emphasis on the men.

1 Like

Re: Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls by 5minsmadness: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
dominique:

If reverse was the case, the men here will advise that the husband should send her packing at once. Nigerians and double standards.
[size=18pt]
I dare you to show me a similar thread where such advise was given. [/size]
Re: Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls by gidjah(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
Going by his antecedents,i shall advice the woman to leave o, even if she chooses to stay with him, i just hope on day he dosent poison her food or drinks!!pls let her leave,though its not gonna be a easy thing to do,lots of pple would see different reasons to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Talk. / (pic) New Born Baby Thrown Into A Dustbin In PH / Baby Mama Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.