Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? (2340 Views)

Catholic Reverend Sister & Muslim Sister In Hijab Hug In Jos.see Reactions(pics) / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by butanep(m): 9:42am On Sep 27, 2015
Reverend sisters are those with immaculate white heart of Mary the mother of Jesus according to the catholic faith. They are perceived as holy sisters because of the sacrifices they lay down to serve the Lord.

As a young growing boy back them, I used to see them as sisters that are 100% spiritual and flawless. I saw them as people with healthy and good character to mimic from in all aspect.

The stories is becoming different of recent with the attitude of some reverend sisters. Some are just " harsh and hostile " for no reason. I had an encounter with one few weeks ago. I was just trying to make my point in a polite manner, the next thing I heard was really annoying and shocking. She was just shouting on top of her voice. In my mind, is the lady a sister? Who can't control her temperance?

Another incident happened when I took my baby sister to school. Due to the traffic on the road, we arrived the school gate 3mins past the time with sweat all over my body. On getting to the school gate, I meet this reverend sister, Good morning ma, sorry she came late, the traffic was bad. The women didn't even bother to listen. After much pleading and begging with explanation, she ordered us to leave the school premises. I was so disappointed. There was no sign of sympathy. Why is this women so strict in my mind? The other sister came, instead of her to appeal on our behalf, she added salt to injury, she threatened to expel her if we don't go home. I almost cried after the whole drama. Why will a christian behave like this? Not that the children have started classes. With frustration and anger I left.

Three day ago another incident happened to close friend. He was absent from work due to serious illness. He called the lady that morning on his present predicament, that he will be visiting the hospital. He called and wrote a letter that was submitted by a colleague. To his greatest surprised, he was not allowed to resume work the following day. He was sacked. I was so annoyed.

The respect I have for them has began to declined. The modern reverend sisters we have today have no human feeling and sympathy. They are just too hostile. I know we still have good ones among them but the " hostile ones" are making people believe they are all the same.

Why are most of them really harsh and hostile without human feelings?
Re: Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by Proffdada: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2015
it's called discipline

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by BALLOSKI: 9:57am On Sep 27, 2015
Don't joke with women who live their lives without sex- they can be harsh.

I haven't met a harsh rev sis, so I cant judge. But all I know is that, they are good people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 27, 2015
I've never met a Revrend sister o.... So they exist in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by shiinihost: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2015
built-up konji.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by Aizenosa(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2015
Lol why look at the bad side dey are also humans, for the 1st reason maybe she was wrong, for the 2nd she was right, Catholics ordained don't play with time, my primary school 1 min past 8am just go home don't bother, dat makes them instill discipline and time management into someone, moreover the child will learn to do things in time.
Den about the last one I guess she was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? by Mariagorreti: 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
each and everyone of them has their own human nature becos they are human being.

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Ask God One Question / Is Alcohol A Sin? / Hilarious Church Posters !!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.