Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Best Android Launchers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Best Android Launchers (25195 Views)

Best Android Launchers Available On Google Play Store / Let's Show Off Our Phone Launchers, Themes & Cool Apps / 7 Of The Most Amazing Android Launchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Android Launchers by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2015
There Are Tons Of Launchers Available For Andriod — These Are Some Of The Best

Launchers are the way Android users customize their smartphone and tablet experience. There's superficial stuff, like changing screen transitions, icons, and fonts, but the best Android launchers out there enable users to tweak the device's behavior to suit their daily usage, so long as you're willing to put the time into defining those customizations. You can make your home screens as simple or complicated as you wish, while tweaking every little detail or just taking what's given to you by default — but either way you can replace what your phone's manufacturer gives you with the install of a single app.

If you're looking for a change of pace from the out-of-box software experience on your phone, consider a new launcher. I' ve found the best ones available today, and listed all of the pros and cons of each.

1. ACTION LAUNCHER

Action Launcher is a great option that mixes things up and changes the interface paradigm from what you'd expect in a "normal" launcher. There's no regular dock and app drawer, instead replacing it with a slide-in drawer to house your apps. You also get Shutters and Covers, which give you innovative ways to launch into folders and widgets with swipes — it's all about getting to your apps and content quicker.

The newest version, Action Launcher 3.5, takes things up to a new design that fits in with Android 5.0 Lollipop, and introduces a few new features as well. There's a free version of Action Launcher for everyone to try, with a pro upgrade costing just $4.99 — and after you figure out the time-saving features you'll want to unlock it.

2. GOOGLE NOW LAUNCHER

[img]http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/w300h225crop/public/article_images/2015/07/google-now-launcher-revisited.jpg?itok=SVuW0ng-[/img]

The Google Now launcher is the obvious pick for anybody looking for a pure, clean Android experience. It comes right from Google (and is pre-installed on Nexus phones), so you can shear away anything the manufacturer has loaded up in one install. Transitions are quick and clean, and there's nothing superfluous getting between you and your apps and widgets. Beyond that, the left-most home screen becomes Google Now, so you can launch into searches, view cards populated based on the time of day, your location, and general browsing habits, and execute all sorts of hands-free "OK Google" commands. The only real downside here is that you won't be able to enjoy the level of customization available on more robust launchers — you get what Google gives you here.

Use the Google Now launcher if you're looking for high stability and a consistent Android experience. Pair it with the Google Keyboard for the full experience.

3. NOVA LAUNCHER

Nova is a massively popular launcher that offers a whole bunch of animation options, folder views, and desktop behaviors. If you shell out $4.00 for the premium upgrade you can program gestures to perform certain actions, and fully customize unread badges including corner radius, border, background and text color. One particularly cool addition is swipe actions, which allow app icons to act as a folder with a swipe, or a standard app launch with a tap. If that's not enough, you can always explore the wide world of Nova-compatible themes in Google Play to dramatically change the look and feel of your Android device. You'll even find some Android 5.0-style options tucked away in Nova.

Nova is a highly functional launcher that can be as subtle or as loud as you like, making it completely unique if you spend the time.

4. AVIATE

Aviate builds collections of your apps based on different types of activities. You can, of course, tweak those collections manually as well, and Aviate can offer suggestions to fill in collections. Aviate figures out where you are and what time of day it is, and serves up relevant collections in custom-built interfaces called Spaces so you can better handle those activities. For example, if you plug in your headphones, it offers you quick access to media controls and your favorite music apps. Hit the road, and you'll be offered shortcuts to navigation home and to the office.

Aviate excels for having a high amount of polish and requires minimal maintenance, even though you might lose out on some customizability. .

5. GO LAUNCHER EX

The Go Launcher is a particularly flashy launcher with a great range of screen transitions, including 3D ones. Launcher settings are available through a readily accessible drawer that's summoned with an upward swipe from the home screen. There's a dedicated theme storefront app that lets you cruise through available Go Launcher compatible apps and punts you out to the Play Store when you're ready to download. It even has a section of dedicated custom lock screens via the Go Locker app. For $5.99 you can upgrade to Go Launcher Prime, which offers security lock for individual apps, removes ads and adds a few more bells and whistles.

It's impressive that even Go's settings menus manage to stay flashy with all of the functionality the launcher provides.

6. APEX LAUNCHER

Apex offers a similar range of functions as Nova. You can tweak the icon tray size and scrolling, change animations, adjust home screen behaviors, and customize gesture commands for various pinches, taps, and swipes. A plug-in allows notification data to be fed to Apex from a variety of apps, and out to any Android Wear devices, too, so long as you're willing to upgrade to the pro version for $4.49. There are a wide range third party themes available in the Google Play Store which let you change the overall look of your Android experience, but as a functional core, Apex does extremely well.

Android power users will have a field day with the Apex launcher.

7. HONORABLE MENTIONS

Buzz Launcher
EverythingMe Launcher
Solo Launcher
Smart Launcher 2
Themer
Z Launcher

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Android Launchers by Proffdada: 10:01am On Sep 27, 2015
nice collection but i use [size=18pt] 'everything me'[/size] launcher which is superb

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Android Launchers by ADULTBASE(m): 10:03am On Sep 27, 2015
Wow op try gan but the problem is my babalawo said i can't use android

3 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2015
Proffdada:
nice collection but i use [size=18pt] 'everything me'[/size] launcher which is superb
It's all about choice boss

Happy Sunday bro

All the same.. These are the best I've seen... Everything me is a nice launcher
Re: The Best Android Launchers by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:05am On Sep 27, 2015
ADULTBASE:
Wow op try gan but the problem is my babalawo said i can't use android
Lol

But why?
Re: The Best Android Launchers by Justice28(m): 10:27am On Sep 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz pls am using Infinix hot 2, I downloaded Fifa14 version 1.3.6 , I couldn't unlock it, pls can u help me on how I can unlock it, because I don't want to root the phone, any other means to unlock it without rooting....
Re: The Best Android Launchers by ADULTBASE(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2015
He is allergic to it
JayKayMaybachz:
Lol
But why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Android Launchers by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2015
Justice28:
JayKayMaybachz pls am using Infinix hot 2, I downloaded Fifa14 version 1.3.6 , I couldn't unlock it, pls can u help me on how I can unlock it, because I don't want to root the phone, any other means to unlock it without rooting....
Bros, since yhu don't wanna root ya phone.. . Is either you download tge modded version

Or you either use wifi to unlock

1 Like

Re: The Best Android Launchers by ewizard1: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2015
Just [size=20pt]NOVA LAUNCHER[/size]!!!

#cest fini

4 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by Lagusta(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2015
What of apus launcher??

That's what I use tho....

12 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by Justice28(m): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Bros, since yhu don't wanna root ya phone.. . Is either you download tge modded version

Or you either use wifi to unlock
Pls where can I download the modded version??
Re: The Best Android Launchers by encryptjay(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Justice28:
You don't need to root your phone.
Open Google playstore and allow it to load completely I.e allow all the icons to load then minimize playstore.
After minimizing, go and open FIFA 14 then select 'play' section and click check for existing purchase then unlock.
Re: The Best Android Launchers by phiszo(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
'everything me' launcher is cool.
Re: The Best Android Launchers by yusuff4u2c(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
Are you kidding me! If C launcher doesn't top that list, then your list is not complete... .. .... .. ..

2 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by Realgana(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
I de toilet now,i go come modify am later.

1 Like

Re: The Best Android Launchers by bqlekan(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
Where is Holo launcher? undecided
Re: The Best Android Launchers by kennyman2000(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
okay...
Re: The Best Android Launchers by Duuzsz(m): 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
Launchers aren't for me!
i rep www.techpill.net
Re: The Best Android Launchers by Jimfender(m): 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
I've tried APex
Re: The Best Android Launchers by sammieblaize: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
Proffdada:
use that too its perfect

2 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by NaLaugh: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
I remember back when we would void people's warranty for using certain launchers, back in my telecoms day. cheesy
Re: The Best Android Launchers by Ilekeh(f): 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
Don't care. I'm buying an iPhone next.
Probably today.
Re: The Best Android Launchers by xynerise: 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nova Launcher
Re: The Best Android Launchers by priscaoge(f): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
[size=16pt]ZERO LAUNCHER!!!![/size]
Re: The Best Android Launchers by EbirichBen(m): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
All this fake things that will crash your mdcard. that's how I lost my memory card
Re: The Best Android Launchers by Innodon(m): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ok
Re: The Best Android Launchers by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Iro nla
Re: The Best Android Launchers by TaoBalinga: 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
I dont use launchers, i prefer my default phone launcher, im not really a fan of personalization..

Thats why i love i phone, seamless and smooth ! Very smooth !
No stupid launcher that will be making ur phone hang
Re: The Best Android Launchers by augster(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
nice. Contact me to get your gadgets with great discounts
Re: The Best Android Launchers by StepTwo: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
what happened to simplicity?

I enjoy my fone just d way it came

5 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by priscaoge(f): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
APUS Launcher is cool as well

7 Likes

Re: The Best Android Launchers by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Smart launcher cool

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oraimo 27000mah Powerbank Unboxing & Review – Traveler 3 Byte [massive Power] / How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature / Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.