Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims (10804 Views)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
@enieme,rilwayn will never stop insulting people, insult dey e blood.

Rilwayne001 your nightmare.. Oh oh! I miss my moniker grin grin

Rilwayne001 will be back this weekend cheesy tongue
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
this evening, I was watching a christian programme (faith TV) Joycemeyer . A muslims girl came home and told her parents, "I am now a christian" they ask why, the girl reply, "because God love me that is why he FIRST send His son to die for my sin " she was not tough that Allah love her , she was only tough to OBEY Allah . Yes that what islam is about , obey allah , love allah and his messanger , don't ask question.

@ All muslims , has your Alfa or imam ever told you, Allah love you ? ( If you lie ,deep inside you, you know the truth ) NO muslims can BOAST Allah love him .
Bros Rilwon, are you seeing what I'm seeing?! shocked grin grin

**faints**
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

**faints**

grin grin I kuku see am. Na god go save us from malvisguy.. Hin matter don taya me walahi.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Rilwayne001 your nightmare.. Oh oh! I miss my moniker grin grin

Rilwayne001 will be back this weekend cheesy tongue
**runs to market to buy Turkey for the celebration of Return of Rilwayne001**

tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

grin grin I kuku see am. Na god go save us from malvisguy.. Hin matter don taya me walahi.
Lmaooooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Can you please list them and reference how they were appointed?
go and read the bible, it was God himself who was calling them .Moses was even far away with his sheep when God call him, in Jeremiah chapter one it say"The Lord said to me, “Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I CHOSE YOU . And in first Samuel 3:10 it say "Then the Lord came and stood nearby,CALLING as he had previously done,Samuel Samuel"

God in His wisdom chose men who would obey Him faithfully and He gave them authority to speak on His behalf.
Prophets were not chosen or elected by
men, and they were not permitted to
inherit the title or regard it as an official
post to be filled by a man specially
trained for it. Notice also that God told them what to do.

But muhammed was not chosen by God, it was through the angel Gabriel ( a spirit being who act different from bible angels) muhammed received his revelation.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
go and read the bible, it was God himself who was calling them .Moses was even far away with his sheep when God call him, in Jeremiah chapter one it say"The Lord said to me, “Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I CHOSE YOU . And in first Samuel 3:10 it say "Then the Lord came and stood nearby,CALLING as he had previously done,Samuel Samuel"

God in His wisdom chose men who would obey Him faithfully and He gave them authority to speak on His behalf.
Prophets were not chosen or elected by
men, and they were not permitted to
inherit the title or regard it as an official
post to be filled by a man specially
trained for it. Notice also that God told them what to do.

Okay, if you can't tell me how God choosed them all. Can you please list atleast 20 prophets of the Bible?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Okay, if you can't tell me how God choosed them all. Can you please list atleast 20 prophets of the Bible?
I gave you example on how God called his prophet and you still don't get it, do you think this men go for interview ? maby you don't understand, let try it like this. Did this prophet chose themselves ? Did they call God and say they want to be a prophet ? “Father of the Faithful.” it was God himself who gave Abraham this title, Abraham did not give himself. David was in the field when God call him to rule over isreal .
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
I gave you example on how God called his prophet and you still don't get it, do you think this men go for interview ? maby you don't understand, let try it like this. Did this prophet chose themselves ? Did they call God and say they want to be a prophet ? “Father of the Faithful.” it was God himself who gave Abraham this title, Abraham did not give himself. David was in the field when God call him to rule over isreal .

Robot [size=20pt] List atleast 20 prophet of the bible. [/size]
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

hmmm, u nko?
read my post on nairaland and paste were I insulted anyone. People who insult and make noise on the internet are very shy in real life, they just use the internet to unleash their arrogance.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Robot [size=20pt] List atleast 20 prophet of the bible. [/size]
you're not even ashamed to call the numbers even when the arab have just ONE self proclaim prophet whose message contradicte the others prophet message . Go through the bible and study how God revealed his messages to his prophet, before God revealed his message to them He will make known to them who Is He ,for example " the God of your father, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob " He want the prophet to know who they are encounting , the true God. But in the case of muhammed, it was different , the angel even begin with violent conduct , infacte, muhammed thought he was possess.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 6:11am On Sep 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
you're not even ashamed to call the numbers even when the arab have just ONE self proclaim prophet whose message contradicte the others prophet message . Go through the bible and study how God revealed his messages to his prophet, before God revealed his message to them He will make known to them who Is He ,for example " the God of your father, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob " He want the prophet to know who they are encounting , the true God. But in the case of muhammed, it was different , the angel even begin with violent conduct , infacte, muhammed thought he was possess.

List atleast 20 prophets in the bible, is dat too hard for you?
What if you are asked this same question in WAEC, will your answer be the above balderdash?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:16am On Sep 29, 2015
Rilwon:

List atleast 20 prophets in the bible, is dat too hard for you?
What if you are asked this same question in WAEC, will your answer be the above balderdash?

The problem is they won't answer your questions directly they will start narrating how the cat killed the rat grin

Robots
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 7:44am On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

The problem is they won't answer your questions directly they will start narrating how the cat killed the rat grin

Robots
do you really expect me to list 20 prophet ? For what ? If you want to know the number of prophet , check google.
malvisguy212:
the bible never mention Isaac as a prophet . your answer indicate you agree with the talmud, do the talmud mention muhammed as a prophet ? Why will the Jews have soo many prophet and only one came from arab with different message? And the manner in which All this prophet received their revelation is different from muhammed. All prophet encounter the Almighty God when receiving there revelation, only muhammed received his own through an angel . Why ?
mubarakopeyemi:

Robots
do you really expect me to list 20 prophet ? For what ? If you want to know the number of prophet , check google.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:56am On Sep 29, 2015
Rilwon:

You are mixing things up old man. When I said the bone of contention, I wasnt talking about the only message/revelation or the same revelation.. What I mean by 'bone of contention' is the main issue i.e. the most important message being revealed.. Jesus in Mark 12:29 laid emphasy on this when he said 'the most important commandement is to understand the God is ONE...
Please don't get me wrong.

I have addressed this up there, only that you just want to remain stiffnecked. The record is not our concern if not what is in it, Quran 19:55 already made it clear that is in the record.

Now, let me ask you: Where is the story of Prophet Iddo written?

Thats your opinion, and that you typed it here doesnt make it true. My response so far is enough for any sane individual that your assertion above is nothing but lie.

Do you know all the Prophets sent by God? If yes - Please start by telling us their names and their wives..

Trash!!!

You have no place to hide.

Is quran 19:55 the revelation allahh claimed he gave to Ishmael?

Was it Ishmael allahh spoke to in that verse or Muhammad?

Now look at this:

[Quran 19:54 Pickthal] And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of Allah), a prophet.

Where is the SCRIPTURE OF ISHMAEL that contains the revelations given to him?

You are hereby proved wrong that quran 19:55 is the revelation given to Ishmael.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2015
Demmzy15:

**faints**
am I lying ? Can you list verse were Allah love unbelievers ? NO!!
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you really expect me to list 20 prophet ? For what ? If you want to know the number of prophet , check google. do you really expect me to list 20 prophet ? For what ? If you want to know the number of prophet , check google.

grin grin I see
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
Good morning sir, my question is are you 100% sure that your god loves all people, both past, present and future?!
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2015
malvisguy212:

ALLAH HATES UNBELIEVERS:

If muslims talk nice or behave good to those they term infidels or unbelievers, they are pretending. Their god does permit being good to unbelievers.

Slay the
unbelievers
wherever
you find
them
(2:191)

Make war
on the
infidels
living in
your
neighborhood
(9:123)

When
opportunity
arises, kill
the infidels
wherever
you catch
them (9:5)

Kill the
Jews and
the
Christians
if they do
not convert
to Islam or
refuse to
pay Jizya
tax (9:29)

Any
religion
other than
Islam is
not
acceptable
(3:85)

The Jews
and the
Christians
are
perverts;
fight them
(9:30)

Maim and
crucify the
infidels if
they
criticize
Islam
(5:33)

The
infidels are
unclean;
do not let
them into a
mosque
(9:28)

Punish the
unbelievers
with
garments
of fire,
hooked
iron rods,
boiling
water; melt
their skin
and bellies
(22:19)

Do not
hanker for
peace with
the
infidels;
behead
them when
you catch
them
(47:4)

The
unbelievers
are stupid;
urge the
Muslims to
fight them
(8:65)

Muslims
must not
take the
infidels as
friends
(3:28)

Terrorize
and
behead
those who
believe in
scriptures
other than
the Qur’an
(8:12)

Muslims
must
muster all
weapons to
terrorize
the infidels

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:43am On Sep 29, 2015
malvisguy212:

Quran 1:1 - In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

Gracious

adjective gra·cious \ˈgrā-shəs\

a : marked by kindness and courtesy <a gracious host>

b : graceful

c : marked by tact and delicacy : urbane

d : characterized by charm, good taste, generosity of spirit, and the tasteful leisure of wealth and good breeding <gracious living>

Merciful

adjective mer·ci·ful \ˈmər-si-fəl\

: treating people with kindness and forgiveness : not cruel or harsh : having or showing mercy

: giving relief from suffering

That is the first verse in the Quran, out of the numerous places where it is mentioned that Allah is loving, merciful, gracious, forgiving, helping etc
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Gracious

d : characterized by charm, good taste, generosity of spirit, and the tasteful leisure of wealth and good breeding <gracious living>

Merciful

: treating people with kindness and forgiveness : not cruel or harsh : having or showing mercy

That is the first verse in the Quran, out of the numerous places where it is mentioned that Allah is loving, merciful, gracious, forgiving, helping etc

How can you believe allahh is gracious to infidels with his statements as I have cited above? You need a lot of explaining to convince right-thinking persons.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Gracious

Merciful

[Quran 48:29] Muhammad is the
messenger of Allah. And those
with him are HARD against the
disbelievers and MERCIFUL among
themselves......

Allahh is not GRACIOUS to unbelievers but HARD/HARSH against them.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Trash!!!

You have no place to hide.

Is quran 19:55 the revelation allahh claimed he gave to Ishmael?

Was it Ishmael allahh spoke to in that verse or Muhammad?

Now look at this:

[Quran 19:54 Pickthal] And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of Allah), a prophet.

Where is the SCRIPTURE OF ISHMAEL that contains the revelations given to him?

You are hereby proved wrong that quran 19:55 is the revelation given to Ishmael.

Rilwon
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2015
truthman2012:

How can you believe allahh is gracious to infidels with his statements as I have cited above? You need a lot of explaining to convince right-thinking persons.

In the case of christianity, an unbeliever that died without believing Yahweh killed his son is going to Hell fire, is this true or not?

Are dead non-christian/unbeliever going to hell or not??
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

In the case of christianity, an unbeliever that died without believing Yahweh killed his son is going to Hell fire, is this true or not?

How relevant is your question?

The bible says God is not pleased with the death of a sinner but him to come to repentance (Ezekiel 18:23, 32).

God's grace and love endure till the end of a human life.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:52am On Sep 29, 2015
truthman2012:

[Quran 48:29] Muhammad is the
messenger of Allah. And those
with him are HARD against the
disbelievers and MERCIFUL among
themselves......

Allahh is not GRACIOUS to unbelievers but HARD/HARSH against them.

@ mubarakopeyemi

Yes or No?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:24am On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Gracious

Merciful

we call this beautiful nonsense!!
This are attribute to Allah alone, however this verse was not talking about Love .

"The love of God is the chief attribute of
the biblical God as revealed in such
places as John 3:16.God has feelings for
his creatures, " But when we turn to the Quran, we do not find love presented as the chief attribute of Allah. Instead, the
transcendence of Allah is his chief
attribute."Neither does Allah 'have feelings' toward man. That concept is foreign to Islamic teaching. That would reduce Allah to being a mere man -which again is blasphemous to a Muslim." read more https://www.nairaland.com/2541133/what-love-quran

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Jesus say, "I Am the way the truth and Life, no ONE come to the father except through me" what you muslims don't understand is that this statement is an invitation to both believers and unbelievers. An unbeliever will always have the opportunity to repent as long as Jesus died for ALL PEOPLE , if the unbeliever reject this gift, we call this "a choice" (freewill)

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Demmzy15:

Good morning sir, my question is are you 100% sure that your god loves all people, both past, present and future?!
Good morning to you too and happy sallah in advance. God love everyone of us ,he say to Jeremiah "before you were born ,I chose you .
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
Good morning to you too and happy sallah in advance. God love everyone of us ,he say to Jeremiah "before you were born ,I chose you .
Thank you, you don't seem to get me. I said does god love those of past, present and future as you tried to portray in one of your posts?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2015
Demmzy15:

Thank you, you don't seem to get me. I said does god love those of past, present and future as you tried to portray in one of your posts?
Yes. Bible say He first love us before we love Him.

My battery is low, I may reply you later.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2015
truthman2012:

How relevant is your question?

The bible says God is not pleased with the death of a sinner but him to come to repentance (Ezekiel 18:23, 32).

God's grace and love endure till the end of a human life.

Not a convincing argument. You brought up verses in the Quran showing Allah (swt) does not love those who disbelieve in Allah, those who are unjust, etc... We both agree on this point as the verses explicitly states. Allah (swt) extends his love to everyone, and only those who cast aside Gods love are those who God does not love. So rather, God loves everyone, except those who decide to dismiss or reject his love. Satan would be the perfect example. God extended his love for satan when he was in heaven with the angels, but when Satan challenged and disobeyed God did God not love Satan. Another quick point I had to make is that even the bible shows that God did not love everyone. Romans 9:13, Psalms 5, etc... are good examples showing God hating not only the sin but the sinners. So here is a question for you, Did Yahweh Love EVERYONE?

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Psalm 5

1 Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament.

2 Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

6 you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, Lord, detest.

7 But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongues they tell lies.

10 Declare them guilty, O God! let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad (allah's Peace & Blessings Be Upon Him) Is Light / Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? / What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.