Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival (58882 Views)

FG Names New Sambisa Shooting Range After Late Lt. Col. Abu Ali / Sola Adeyeye On Why Ben Murray-Bruce Was Prevented From Greeting President Buhar / Excess Sleep Causes Buhari To Miss Meeting Pope - breaking times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by berrystunn(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2015
jsb:
Not only was Buhari made to come in late to the meeting because of untidy arrangements, he also took a wrong gate rather than the one reserved for presidents and heads of state...WRONG GATE...

THE TRUTH IS, THERE WAS NO PLAN TO MEET THE POPE BEFORE LEAVING NIGERIA BUT JUST LIKE THE LAST MINUTE ARRANGEMENT
BUT YOUR PRESIDOO WAS TOO OLD TO MEET UP.......
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by ArodewilliamsT: 12:20am On Sep 28, 2015
Forget all the grammar and diplomatic excuse, The holy father knows the dullard is also a terrorist who has wasted lives trying to seek power after calling zoogerians dogs and baboons. Biafrans educated the vatican about the dangers of shaking hands with the dullard shariaist and the pope complied.t The pope also condemned the destruction of churches in nigeria after that on CNN . No smoke without fire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by dukecharles(m): 12:27am On Sep 28, 2015
adioolayi:

Thank you...so why the noise if a President didn't meet a Head of State as scheduled... Can't they meet other time? Besides... it was clearly stated Nigeria's mission failed in their responsibilities to detailed PMB fully...I think he shouldn't be blamed totally and this is being blown out of proportion.

UN Members saw it as an honour, to have the Pope who represents Jesus Christ in the world in their meeting, that was the reason for the hand shake.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by aresa: 12:29am On Sep 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
Forget all the grammar and diplomatic excuse, The holy father knows the dullard also a terrorist who has wasted lives trying to seek power after calling zoogerian dogs and baboons. Biafrans the educated the vatican about the dangers of shaking hands with the dullard shariaist and the pope complied. The pope also condemned the destruction of churches in nigeria after that. No smoke without fire.

Unfortunately for you biafra villagers, until you get your biafra village, you, your kind and all the people in your life are zoogerian dogs and baboons.

Unintelligent losers..
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by dukecharles(m): 12:42am On Sep 28, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
is that d reason, she should mess up

If it was GEJ, you guys will accuse him of being a drunk, but now is your Saint PMB, the great achiever with only body language is involved, you are blaming it on Nigerian UN Mission. In the fullness of time, Nigerians will know that APC won election by lies and propaganda.

The Party of the lying liars and cover up.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by ademusiwa9: 1:31am On Sep 28, 2015
[size=38pt]That is not the correct story.

The real story is. When I did complain about the violent going on to the international community and the issue of the country of the kingdom of western nigeria. Goodluck Jonathan use ex governor fayemi to deceive the pope as if fayemi was me.... that what I believe.

I am a famous person, knew by over 1 billion people.
Nigeria sense
They are running away from the truth
[/size]
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by DedeNkem: 2:12am On Sep 28, 2015
Nigerians are terrible in managing anything, except looting.
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by repogirl(f): 3:00am On Sep 28, 2015
...just a tip of the iceberg on the way Buhari and cohorts will mismanage every sector of this country. He can't even get his itinerary right! Na wa angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by Osezzua(m): 3:12am On Sep 28, 2015
kasay:
A clear case of sabotage. The Nigerian permanent Representative to UN is one Joy Ugwu appointed by Dumbo-GEJ. All the while GEJ was president and attended such events, she never messed up. But suddenly, she can't plan simple itinerary for PMB. If PMB should fire her, Biafra and wailers will claim PMB hates the Ibos. But these Mad CoWs don't see anything wrong in her sabotaging and embarrassing PMB. We are watching. Time shall tell.

Don't u think if we had a minister of foreign affairs we would b having a different conversation right now?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by omonnakoda: 3:20am On Sep 28, 2015
dabigwalls:
Truth in my opinion is that the personal capacities of Mr. President now as he has rightly affirmed is that there is a limit to the efficiency that he can demonstrate. At his age, and having undergone terrible human conditions of living, (some of which he contributed to) in a world of military dictatorships and economic squalor induced by the military and their civilian cohorts, it is foolhardy to expect superlative performance from Mr. President.

We should thank God for his integrity but can he work out budgetary allocation on a spreadsheet?
What is the logic of what you have written? That protocol arrangements were messed up is down to Buhari. That even if it is down to Buhari it is down to his age? Young people do not make mistakes?
That it is down to the terribe human conditions he has experienced
What are these terrible human conditions

How come Mugabe has not made the same error? Do you know how old Ronald ReagaNon was?

What about Mandela??

It is one thing to bring prejudice to a situation it is another to THINK . Not everyone with a head can do it .It is not as easy as it sounds

Here is how...

Who is making this report?
Is it true
What is Buhari;s side of the story
We do not have that so we should wait for it

Assuming it is true why not blame Buhari's height,he is very talll after all
One thing the internet does for sure is it gives plenty of eediots a voice.
Two days ago I was watching RT and the UN ambassador from Russia was being interviewed ,one of the questions he was asked was how would he judge Putin's visit a success. The amount of preparation that went into preparing fo Putin's visit to the US was impressive. Any one who has visited a mission of Nigeria knows what the staff are like totally devoid of professionalism. This has gone on for years but people are appointed by sentiment and are not trained. This is ,IF TRUE ,embarrassing but we should be asking why is it happening and what is the solution not coming up with stuupid talk like Buhari's age and hard life. Many of Our people cannot think. They react like laboratory rats and monkeys and that is the only explanation I have for why your fetid emission garnered so many likes. We are in trouble
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by christinie(f): 3:22am On Sep 28, 2015
He missed the UN meeting on Boko Haram because it was "not official", meanwhile it was.
He couldn't see the pope because he was late due to late information.

Hmnnnnn.

Appoint Ministers, NO!

Have competent S.As, NO! "I must affoint fiffle feyi feyi close to me geograpically".

Nigeria is a country of many intellectuals and our leaders must be very articulate at all times.

We don't want excuses all the time; we want good governance.

God bless Nigeria!
IamNat:
I just love this man,he knew he was late due to late information and yet,he choose to attend the meeting and be tagged "late comer" because if he didn't,some people will start saying,he avoided the pope cos of his religion,after all,it is better late than never.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by appini: 3:32am On Sep 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
What is the logic of what you have written? That protocol arrangements were messed up is down to Buhari. That even if it is down to Buhari it is down to his age? Young people do not make mistakes?
That it is down to the terribe human conditions he has experienced
What are these terrible human conditions

How come Mugabe has not made the same error? Do you know how old Ronald ReagaNon was?

What about Mandela??

It is one thing to bring prejudice to a situation it is another to THINK . Not everyone with a head can do it .It is not as easy as it sounds

Here is how...

Who is making this report?
Is it true
What is Buhari;s side of the story
We do not have that so we should wait for it

Assuming it is true why not blame Buhari's height,he is very talll after all
One thing the internet does for sure is it gives plenty of eediots a voice.
Two days ago I was watching RT and the UN ambassador from Russia was being interviewed ,one of the questions he was asked was how would he judge Putin's visit a success. The amount of preparation that went into preparing fo Putin's visit to the US was impressive. Any one who has visited a mission of Nigeria knows what the staff are like totally devoid of professionalism. This has gone on for years but people are appointed by sentiment and are not trained. This is ,IF TRUE ,embarrassing but we should be asking why is it happening and what is the solution not coming up with stuupid talk like Buhari's age and hard life. Many of Our people cannot think. They react like laboratory rats and monkeys and that is the only explanation I have for why your fetid emission garnered so many likes. We are in trouble

Yes! You're in trouble. This is how Lie Mohammed started. It's well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by CashVessel(m): 3:58am On Sep 28, 2015
SenseiX:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-nigerian-mission-embarrassed-buhari-pope-francis-un-meeting

ARE YOU SURE HE WASN'T drunk with burukutu? They better tell us the truth now...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by omonnakoda: 4:03am On Sep 28, 2015
appini:

Yes! You're in trouble. This is how Lie Mohammed started. It's well
Now I get you Your world is PDP or APC . I am not a Buhari supporter and I have no affiliation to APC . There are Nigerians like that ,I know that may be difficult for you to comprehend ,everything for you is about scoring childish points while some of us are solution focused.How do we improve our country.? So I have no reason to hate Buhari or any other person occupying that office. If you clear ypur mind of hatred then you can start to think clearly.
What are the issues and discussion points of this story.? I do not see any reason to look at Buhari's age. No more that I would blame players of the Super Eagles for botched protocol arrangements it is the job of civil servants
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by eligibility: 4:24am On Sep 28, 2015
dabigwalls:
Truth in my opinion is that the personal capacities of Mr. President now as he has rightly affirmed is that there is a limit to the efficiency that he can demonstrate. At his age, and having undergone terrible human conditions of living, (some of which he contributed to) in a world of military dictatorships and economic squalor induced by the military and their civilian cohorts, it is foolhardy to expect superlative performance from Mr. President.

We should thank God for his integrity but can he work out budgetary allocation on a spreadsheet?

JUST WAIT AND SEE WHETHER HE CAN PERFORM OR NOT. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NOT STOLEN NIGERIA MONEY .
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by tsdarkside(m): 4:36am On Sep 28, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

Look at the akobata Fulani slave, look for a suicide mission and do the needful angry angry angry angry

and you are the white-peoples slave......
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by IamNat: 4:47am On Sep 28, 2015
frankyychiji:
What about the all important boko haram meeting?

I guess it must have being due to the same reason,for crying out loud,PMB is in NY because of this meetings,why in the world would he miss out any of them intentionally. A lot of people just want to prove that PMB is no better president and that is why they are trying to put all the blame on him,PMB missed the Boko haram meeting cos he probably do not have it on his schedule,later got to hear such a meeting hold and he tried to ask questions on why he didn't have it on his schedule and the only excuse he was given was that,the meeting wasn't official?

Those who prepared the schedule are the once to be blamed and not PMB and i don't think PMB was responsible for their appointment in the first place,someone else is.
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by Jay5000(m): 5:31am On Sep 28, 2015
..and what will shaking the Pope's hand do for Nigeria and Africa? The continent is in dire sraits and all we are worried about is handshakes and group selfies. what a people!
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by Realist2: 5:33am On Sep 28, 2015
SenseiX:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-nigerian-mission-embarrassed-buhari-pope-francis-un-meeting

If it were GEJ, Sharia Reporter will tag it ' GEJ drank himself to stupor and missed out on UN crucial meeting ' .
Garba shehu and Alhaji Lar mohammed are competing fervently for world famous Liars of the year award. To
divert attention, Garba always emphases on '' modest delegation '' for gullible ones to jump and shout sai baba.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by Obiwiz(m): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2015
If you like, codedly refuse to go to heaven(and choose hell, instead), na ur wahala be dat. All we want is, SANITISE THE SYSTEM and leave after four years.
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by Easyfutco: 6:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Some refinements in FIFA 15 are worthwhile

EA has gone live with another batch of special cards for FIFA 15 FUT. The big surprise that everyone is talking about is a Record Breaker Crouch FUT card. For those that are not aware, Crouch is now the owner of the title ‘most headed goals scored in Premier League history’ with 47 - beating a certain Alan Shearer in the process. Now EA has acknowledged this feat too and you can get your hands on this special card which comes with a rating of 77. With your good teams in FIFA 15, avoid playing matches without a greater reward. Quick games, team of the week matches, these can be fun, but confer no greater rewards. Spend your time in seasons and tournaments. Online play is an especially egregious risk. Remember that you're going to be going up against people on cellular and wi-fi connections that aren't always stable, and your connection can have issues! These games are incredibly risky to play, even though there are rewards to be had.

For any trade on the Transfer Market in fifa 15 EA Games will take 5% of the final sale price. This is important to remember when you're selling players. Only the seller has to pay the 5% tax. Before selling/reselling your player or consumables remember to include a minimum of 5% to the buy now price or sale price. Of course, more than 5% is even better because otherwise you won't make profit. It's better to have some patience and not use the buy now button all the time. It will cost a lot of which is not necessary. The trick is to search for players you want to buy, and search for the lowest prices. Bid on a few of them (for example bid 200 coins on 5 the same players), some will be overbid but most of the time you'll get one or two players for a good price.
http://www.easyfut.co/
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by frankyychiji(f): 6:18am On Sep 28, 2015
IamNat:

I guess it must have being due to the same reason,for crying out loud,PMB is in NY because of this meetings,why in the world would he miss out any of them intentionally. A lot of people just want to prove that PMB is no better president and that is why they are trying to put all the blame on him,PMB missed the Boko haram meeting cos he probably do not have it on his schedule,later got to hear such a meeting hold and he tried to ask questions on why he didn't have it on his schedule and the only excuse he was given was that,the meeting wasn't official?

Those who prepared the schedule are the once to be blamed and not PMB and i don't think PMB was responsible for their appointment in the first place,someone else is.
So if the meetings were not official or were not listed on Buharis itinerary, what then did he and his entourage go there to do in the first place? Did he just get wind of the meeting while he was already in NY and decided to force himself or his handlers decided to smuggle him in?
Your suggesting that his handlers are those not employed by him is baseless because we have never heard that these handlers messed up the itinerary of the last president.
Buhari has stubbornly refused to appoint ministers who would have made liason of the foreign and local handlers easier, so wait till you hear from the side of the NY handlers before you solely cast the blame on them.
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:25am On Sep 28, 2015
Atmmachine:
And we were out in the cold guarding the pope.
A whole president of a country made it late to meeting the pope.

Nigerians, enjoy your dullard president.
who send you?
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by frankyychiji(f): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2015
Jay5000:
..and what will shaking the Pope's hand do for Nigeria and Africa? The continent is in dire sraits and all we are worried about is handshakes and group selfies. what a people!
Sorry for you! The government of Apc is already a govt of selfies and it one of their achievements in that NY trip.
The Pope was in NY as a Head Of State and not in his capacity as a religious leader and he delivered an all important speech. Buhari on got to the venue when the event was winding up and other world leaders were already lined up to shake hands with the August visitor who made a rare appearance to the event.

As you rightly said, the shaking of the popes hands is of no consequence, but what about the missing out on the Boko Haram and IDPs meeting??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2015
Atmmachine:
And we were out in the cold guarding the pope.
A whole president of a country made it late to meeting the pope.

Nigerians, enjoy your dullard president.
who send you go guard pope, are you the one that had been guarding him in Rome?
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:32am On Sep 28, 2015
donphilopus:

Shut up! You have nothing tangible to contribute to this thread. Maybe you skipped the place where the reason he didn't go in time was stated. Read it now!

Now ask yourself "Who are the Nigerian UN mission staff? Who is to blame? Buhari? Or them?" Why didn't they brief him? Those people are so incompetent. If Buhari decides to sack those Nigerian UN mission staff when he's back to Nigeria now and appoints a competent Northerner who he trusts, you and your fellow wailers would still wail and shout marginalisation and favouritism!!

They should get ready for their sacking. It must happen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2015
AFRICAN TIME is a disease.
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by donphilopus: 6:41am On Sep 28, 2015
TroubadourM:

I was actually reading your comment until you said "Competent Northerner"

I purposely wrote that Northerner. The person may come from any part of the Country. But since most of his appointments are from the North and the wailers always wail whenever he appoints a Northerner (who he feels s/he's competent) that's why I wrote that!
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 28, 2015
He has missed bringing the Holy Sees blessings down to Nigeria. This PMB and his entourage only God will help them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by dyn1800: 7:09am On Sep 28, 2015
Thank God is Pope not God ...... Cos I see no special issue in not seeing the Pope
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by akinjosh(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2015
olamilian:
I no get wetin to talk na

U no go bash PMB or the incompetent staff at the UN mission office? A pretty calm woman has a lot to say o!
Re: Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:18am On Sep 28, 2015
DDeliverer:
....is he not an ABOKII?
Yes o! And the Aboki is your president, a position your 20th generation might never enjoy!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Most Handsome Nigerian Presidents Since 1960(photos) / Oyo: Folarin, PDP Candidate Removes Transformer Donated To Community / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.