Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? (2264 Views)

Old Palace Of Afonja Of Ilorin / Is Bukola Saraki Fighting A Lost Battle? / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by GANDALF1(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Just thinking and it hit me that they share a lot in common.

1. Afonja founded ilorin. Bukola Saraki is from kwara (ilorin)

2. Afonja was a General (Aare ona kakanfo) and head of Ilorin. Bukola was also a governor of kwara (ilorin).

3. Afonja rebelled aganst his boss (Alafin), while Bukola rebelled against his party, Asiwaju, and GMB.

[img]Afonja.jpg[/img]

4. Afonja's special adviser was Alimi (a fulani), while Saraki's political adviser is Atiku

5, Afonja employed the fulani strangers to fight against his boss. On the other hand, Saraki employed PDP strangers to prosecute his plan.

6. The Fulanis soldiers became very powerful and wanted more power. Also, the PDP senators have become powerful that you can't succeed in the house without them.

Now, these similarities has left me thinking that history repeats itself and also, that HE Bukola Saraki might be a direct descendant of Afonja.

Just that I wont want to see him loose his position to PDP.

Feel free to add your own observed similarities and differences (if any)

[img]Senator-Bukola-Saraki.jpg[/img]

1 Share

Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by DONSMITH123(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2015
if i hear lipsrsealed
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by GANDALF1(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2015
DONSMITH123:
if i hear lipsrsealed

Spacebooking not allowed
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by eleko1: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2015
Dis yo Bukola is a crook.Are U telling us that Afonja is a thief like the Sarakis undecided?

1 Like

Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by DONSMITH123(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2015
GANDALF1:

Spacebooking not allowed

take time lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by GANDALF1(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2015
eleko1:
Dis yo Bukola is a crook.Ae U telling us that afonja is a thief like the Sarakis undecided?

Never said any of them is a crook. Just comparing their history.
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by Pangea: 7:29am On Oct 07, 2015
Afonja ko,
Ephialtes ni!
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by kossyablaze(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2015
I bet my left hand

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by GANDALF1(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2015
kossyablaze:
I bet my left hand

You bet your hand that?
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Mind u, Bukola is frm Ogun State not Kwara. Just the way Obama frm Kenya.
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by MrZachs(m): 7:36am On Oct 07, 2015
indeed!!
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by Cadillac15(m): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2015
There's that Afonja trait in every SW politician. Quest for power blinds their reasoning and leads to betrayal.
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2015
"Bukola saraki is the alimi 1 of nigeria, he he's the true descendant of alimi, who in this modern world destroyed the afonjas(tinubu and co)
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by bewla(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2015
afonja is warrior from old oyo state which i will like to mention that history have that the sarakis are also from oyo i stand being correct if am wrong but he is a resilient warrior
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by GANDALF1(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2015
habby51:

Thats not true. He would not have been voted in. This is Nigeria o
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by kossyablaze(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2015
GANDALF1:

You bet your hand that?
my balls infact!U wan take am?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by GANDALF1(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2015
bewla:
afonja is warrior from old oyo state which i will like to mention that history have that the sarakis are also from oyo i stand being correct if am wrong but he is a resilient warrior

Thats my point. He might just be a direct descendant of Afonja.

But remember what Afonja's betrayal cost the ilorin yoruba' people?
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by Cadillac15(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2015
habby51:

Indeed! Saraki is a full blooded Oyo man
Re: Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? by ayandafatai: 10:39am On Oct 07, 2015
habby51:
Ogun State ko
nugO State ni
Make una free this man and him family abeg

(1) (Reply)

In Response To APC Calling A Constitutionally Setup Probe Panel Report IDIOTIC / Lost My Precious Mum Today / Why Did Bukola Saraki Squeeze This Musician's Hand In This Pictures?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.