Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain (1330 Views)

Spain's Crisis Re-ignited As Catalan Separatists Win Vote / Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain / Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 28, 2015
BARCELONA, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Separatists have won a clear majority of seats in Catalonia's parliament, preliminary official results showed on Sunday, in an election that set the region on a collision course with Spain's central government over independence.

"Catalans have voted yes to independence," acting Catalan regional government head Artur Mas told supporters, with secessionist parties on track to secure 72 out of 135 seats in the powerful region of 7.5 million people that includes Barcelona.

The strong pro-independence showing dealt a blow to Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy, three months before a national election. His center-right government, which has opposed attempts to hold a referendum on secession, has called the separatist plan "a nonsense" and vowed to block it in court.
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by basilo101: 3:37am On Sep 28, 2015
Up next is Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by ezeagu(m): 3:38am On Sep 28, 2015
Happy birthday Catalonia.

4 Likes

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by ezeagu(m): 3:38am On Sep 28, 2015
basilo101:
Up next is Biafra

"Biafra" of a thousand tongues or which one? Because I can tell you Catalonia is for people who speak Catalan. "Biafra" is for...?

2 Likes

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by wytecat: 3:43am On Sep 28, 2015
Now this is how it's done. Not by crying around street corners and dark alleys like EGBERE ibos!

3 Likes

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by PentiumPro(f): 4:25am On Sep 28, 2015
wytecat:
Now this is how it's done. Not by crying around street corners and dark alleys like EGBERE ibos!

Do you think the current agitation for Biafra is truly genuine? It's just another way of expressing frustration resulting from emotional deflation caused by electoral loss.
Insulting the Nigerian government and Nigerians by biafrans is not the same as seeking Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by PRYCE(m): 4:43am On Sep 28, 2015
I Hope it doesn't happen at least for the sake of Football!
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by cocoduck: 6:50am On Sep 28, 2015
PentiumPro:

Do you think the current agitation for Biafra is truly genuine? It's just another way of expressing frustration resulting from emotional deflation caused by electoral loss.
Insulting the Nigerian government and Nigerians by biafrans is not the same as seeking Biafra.
Now you know how serious we are! It is our right to demand for freedom! I supported GEJ because despite the unnecessary and avoidable mistakes, he was moving Nigeria away from the bondage of the wicked Brits, but the daura bastard chose to take us back to the suffocating stranglehold of the Brutal Brits, simply because he craves the presidency, I am for anything tht will remove us from their wicked grip, and you people also like to play slaves to them, of course Buhari cannot even sneeze without Cameron's approval. Yes Kwame Nkruma was right, neo colonialism is more dangerous than the original form of it, because the slave doesn't know he is a slave ( THIS IS A PROBLEM OF YORUBA) Hausa fulani is that since the Brits use them to despoil Nigeria they feel they are the ones that own the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by kingthreat(m): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Was there any violence to achieve this progress? Biafrians, Massob, Ipob and followers of that anarchist Nnamdi Kanu, take note..
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by zendy: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2015
ezeagu:

"Biafra" of a thousand tongues or which one? Because I can tell you Catalonia is for people who speak Catalan. "Biafra" is for...?

You are asking that question when you know that Nigeria is a country of over 300 languages? Congratulations to Catalonia as they continue their journey towards self determination. I hope Biafra follows suit and we Igbos along with the minorities who have fellowship with us go the same way and we peacefully leave Nigeria without a shot fired

1 Like

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by SOUNDKING: 7:19am On Sep 28, 2015
ezeagu:

do you think people didn't vote no during the referendum?/////Biafra is for those who were Biafrans before the whites came,was there Nigeria before the whites came?.

1 Like

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by chiefmidwife: 7:33am On Sep 28, 2015
No amount of discouragement pr intimidation will stop Biafra
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by PentiumPro(f): 7:41am On Sep 28, 2015
cocoduck:
Now you know how serious we are! It is our right to demand for freedom! I supported GEJ because despite the unnecessary and avoidable mistakes, he was moving Nigeria away from the bondage of the wicked Brits, but the daura bastard chose to take us back to the suffocating stranglehold of the Brutal Brits, simply because he craves the presidency, I am for anything tht will remove us from their wicked grip, and you people also like to play slaves to them, of course Buhari cannot even sneeze without Cameron's approval. Yes Kwame Nkruma was right, neo colonialism is more dangerous than the original form of it, because the slave doesn't know he is a slave ( THIS IS A PROBLEM OF YORUBA) Hausa fulani is that since the Brits use them to despoil Nigeria they feel they are the ones that own the country.
This is all Biafra is all about l. Insulting and calling people names out of frustrations.
The truth is iboes are the greatest beneficiary of one Nigeria as presently structured.
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by cocoduck: 8:04am On Sep 28, 2015
PentiumPro:

This is all Biafra is all about l. Insulting and calling people names out of frustrations.
The truth is iboes are the greatest beneficiary of one Nigeria as presently structured.
when someone tells you the truth you call it hate, please is the truth sweet, no it is very bitter, That you as a human refuse to think and act like a human is very unfortunate, once you begin to think properly he will tone down his voice. For me I think a that as human you are, should counter his arguments not dismiss it as hate speech. You do that because he is speaking the truth, and you know very well thst it is the embarassing truth, so to cover their tracks they quickly dismiss it as hate speech. You should provide a different narrative to his. What benefit are you talking about? Stup1d
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by PentiumPro(f): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2015
cocoduck:
when someone tells you the truth you call it hate, please is the truth sweet, no it is very bitter, That you as a human refuse to think and act like a human is very unfortunate, once you begin to think properly he will tone down his voice. For me I think a that as human you are, should counter his arguments not dismiss it as hate speech. You do that because he is speaking the truth, and you know very well thst it is the embarassing truth, so to cover their tracks they quickly dismiss it as hate speech. You should provide a different narrative to his. What benefit are you talking about? Stup1d
Please take my mention away from your bitterness on a Monday morning. You can keep rolling on it all day.
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by BlackBaron: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2015
The vote wasn't an actual referendum vote on itself, rather it was a principality election in which a pro Catalonian party beat others.

However, 52% of Catalonians were opposed to them which if we're to use the elections as a yardstick shows a split within the population. So until Madrid allows an actual vote on the referendum itself, there's no new country of Catalonia yet.
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by cocoduck: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2015
BlackBaron:
The vote wasn't an actual referendum vote on itself, rather it was a principality election in which a pro Catalonian party beat others.

However, 52% of Catalonians were opposed to them which if we're to use the elections as a yardstick shows a split within the population. So until Madrid allows an actual vote on the referendum itself, there's no new country of Catalonia yet.
you are telling lies
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by BlackBaron: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2015
cocoduck:
you are telling lies
I can't fight with your inability to read through and understand clearly.

The first line of the article clearly states what the elections were about. The independence stuff was clearly in quotation and you can do a simple math of percentages with the results quoted in the same article. A motion for independence would need a majority which at the moment isn't there.

Don't blame me for your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by Appleyard(m): 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
zendy:

You are asking that question when you know that Nigeria is a country of over 300 languages? Congratulations to Catalonia as they continue their journey towards self determination. I hope Biafra follows suit and we Igbos along with the minorities who have fellowship with us go the same way and we peacefully leave Nigeria without a shot fired
You never fit vote for ordinary elections finish, na come referandum you go get to vote?

My brother, Nigeria is not Spain o!
Re: Victorious Catalan Separatists Claim Mandate To Break With Spain by wytecat: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
I know they don't really want biafra. I was just pointing to what they could learn from when they are ready to go grin

PentiumPro:

(1) (Reply)

Putin’s Downfall: The Coming Crisis Of The Russian Regime / No Empire Lasts Forever. / Xenophobia: South African President Blasted For "Catching Cruise" On National TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.