Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (39656 Views)

Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher? / Who Is Your Favourite Popular Pastor Or Preacher? / Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2007
Truth hurts, im only advising u, don't judge men of God ok?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by segoye2(m): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2007
@ Queen2,

I now believe you don't like listening to the truth. Am not a judge so don't say am talking nagetively about your idols.

If you ask for my opinion in this regard, Seun is still the best.
Reason:
You get spiritual food here free of charge even while his spending 500 naira everyday to keep him and the site alive online.

I bet non of this listed fellows will do such all in the name of the gospel.

Wise up, am not fighting you! I just made my comment, if not ok by you, then don't read it a bit.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2007
segoye2:

@ Queen2,

I now believe you don't like listening to the truth. Am not a judge so don't say am talking nagetively about your idols.

If you ask for my opinion in this regard, Seun is still the best.
Reason:
You get spiritual food here free of charge even while his spending 500 naira everyday to keep him and the site alive online.

I bet non of this listed fellows will do such all in the name of the gospel.

Wise up, am not fighting you! I just made my comment, if not ok by you, then don't read it a bit.

Why wont i read it, ofcourse i will and remember seun isnt a pastor
Yes and if we are not here to contribute, seun's payment of money will be in vain.
I'm not fighting u either.

Why are u betting , don't talk as if uve experienced it with them before. . . . . I don't know why u people go straight into conclusion
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nella(f): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2007
All those 9ja's pastors or preachers r all fake!! they r just looking 4 chup money!!!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Everbright(f): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2007
gentle one thank God u specified who the daddy G.O is, if not, i wud hv been scared of prettyh
u know, i wud hv tot she is one of those people that keep their beards, kiss u understand abi
that's how they address or addressed their mentor
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nella(f): 11:54pm On Feb 22, 2007
segoye2:

@ Topic,
Well for me, I will vote for non of them. 94% of the listed pastors are pocket scrappers.

If their teaching are bible based, then they worth calling men of God. But if , ,
the other way round.

I will rather vote Mr. Seun (nairaland site admin) as the best man to the subject matter

yup!! AGREEE!!! ABSOLUTELY!! NOT EVEN 94% BUT 99.9%!!!!!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 3:35am On Feb 27, 2007
Nella:

All those Nigeria's pastors or preachers r all fake!! they r just looking 4 chup money!!!

We should learn to tame our tongue oh cos we cannot judge.

Bishop David Oyedepo
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by puree: 12:31am On Mar 15, 2007
Let somebody shout halleluyah!!!

who says this?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2007
LOL.

Papa Adeboye.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by agnesoseka: 11:10am On Mar 19, 2007
Pasto E.A Adegboye.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 4:37am On Mar 21, 2007
Very Crucial Very Vital

Who says this?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by anusule(m): 7:54pm On May 12, 2007
@Seun

wat are the criteria you used in selecting them, there is no spiritual church pastor there like the CCC's and C&S's angry
The list tells me ur biased 4 real. im very angry. or wat are you tryin to insinuate? pls amend it, if possible list all the shepherds in nigeria there.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 14, 2007
@Nella
All those Nigeria's pastors or preachers r all fake!! they r just looking 4 chup money!!!

That's not true, Nella,  There are still some real MEN OF GOD in this nation! Mind you, I think some of them still deserve some respect.

Pour Moi, I appreciate the Spirit in Pastor W.F Kumuyi, He's my favorite and Pastor Mrs. Juanita Bynum of the U.S

I'd rather not say what i'm absolutely unsure of, than to blaspheme God and His servants
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nestle(f): 3:41pm On May 26, 2007
BISHOP DAVID OYEDEBO Is my favorite pastor whom preaching i love not to miss.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by olutomiwa(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2007
its a pity my pastor,s name is not there,my pastor is REV FATHER DR PASTOR EVANGELIST PROPHET OLUSEGUN OBASANJO{OBJ} the general overseer and founder of OTTA FARM BIBLE CHURCH.He is a REAL MAN OF GUN. grin
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by obonyunmi(f): 5:10pm On May 26, 2007
shut up.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by olutomiwa(m): 5:13pm On May 26, 2007
obo_nyunmi:

shut up.
@obo_nyunmi that,s for who
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by obonyunmi(f): 7:19pm On May 26, 2007
for all of u.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 5:27am On May 27, 2007
olutomiwa:

its a pity my pastor,s name is not there,my pastor is REV FATHER DR PASTOR EVANGELIST PROPHET OLUSEGUN OBASANJO{OBJ} the general overseer and founder of OTTA FARM BIBLE CHURCH.He is a REAL MAN OF GUN. grin

LMAO

Funny
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2007
me
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 30, 2007
@quote
its a pity my pastor,s name is not there,my pastor is REV FATHER DR PASTOR EVANGELIST PROPHET OLUSEGUN OBASANJO{OBJ} the general overseer and founder of OTTA FARM BIBLE CHURCH.He is a REAL MAN OF GUN.

@quote from obo_nyunmi
shut up

You guys made my day, cos u made me laugh real good.

Funny you grin
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by TellyB(m): 6:12pm On May 30, 2007
Kai! This is even harder than Cambridge exam! grin

There are a few names up there that enrich my spiritual life. Tunde Bakare and Gbile Akanni have some perculiar way of sharing Biblical insights. Others are familiar names who are gifted in their rights as well. smiley
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Itse(f): 10:06pm On May 30, 2007
My favourite Pasto is Pastor Nkechi Ene of the Carpenter's Church, Port Harcourt. She is loaded in the Word, a good teacher at that, she is the assistant pastor of our church
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2007
Bishop David Abioye too
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2007
funny cos growing up i went through different stages of my spiritual heroes!

when i was in pry school, it was our catholic church's priest. got me wanting to join a seminary and all. then i started reading the likes of JOHN KNOX, PRAYING HYDE, WATCHMAN NEE (not advisable at that age to be honest! LOL) .after that in secondary school it was BENSON IDAHOSA cos word of faith was close to my secondary school. then it was DUNCAN WILLIAMS (Ghanian), then it was PAUL ADEFARANSI (he was my spiritual dad for a while just before i left naija), then it was COLIN DYE, then it became JESUS! lol

now, i just want to be like HIM (not out of fear but love!)
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2007
Nice one there. smiley

But i hope u got a pastor over you now.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2007
@ donnie,

yeah i do actually (father-in-law pastors a church) but its too far! i need to get a nice local aseembley to myself but sometimes knowing what you know can be a problem when looking for a nice local church to attend.

then again, i have Carlton Williams as A pastor over me.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by olutomiwa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2007
my favourite pastor is REV KING of KIRIKIRI MAXIMUM MINISTRY grin
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by TV01(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2007
donnie:

I know, this is getting tedious, but I'll say it once again.

God (in Christ Jesus), does not put a "Pastor" (or a rev, bishop, go, cardinal, superintendent etc etc) over anyone. Men cannot and do not cover men, flesh cannot and does not cover flesh.

NT Christians grow up into the head who is Christ, hear His voice and follow Him and are led by His Spirit. Period.

Please unshackle yourself from redundant OT mores and strictures (along with man-made and self-imposed religion). Avail yourself of the true liberty in Christ, the One who truly sets free.

1Corinthaians 7:23 - You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of
men.

God bless
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by TayoD(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2007
@Telly B,

Kai! This is even harder than Cambridge exam!

There are a few names up there that enrich my spiritual life. Tunde Bakare and Gbile Akanni have some perculiar way of sharing Biblical insights. Others are familiar names who are gifted in their rights as well.
Gbile Akanni was instrumental to my growth as a Christian. In short, he changed my life when he came to our church and taught on Christian Maturity with inspiration from 2 Peter 1:1-11. Blessed be those days!!! I was in an Anglican Church at that time and funny enough, I left the church after hearing Gbile Akanni teach there. His teaching made me realise I could not attain the level of maturity and zeal for Christ that I saw ahead of me within that local assembly!

One of the best teachers of God's Word that I know is one Pastor Gbade. I can't even remeber his last name and what church he pastors. I know he pastors a church in Ibadan at the Agbowo Shopping complex about 7 years ago. He was in our church to teach on healing, and men the guy is sound. Very simple in his delivery of the scriptures but still articulate and precise.

Personally, I gravitate towards teachers of the Bible and I see very, very few around!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2007

I know, this is getting tedious, but I'll say it once again.

God (in Christ Jesus), does not put a "Pastor" (or a rev, bishop, go, cardinal, superintendent etc etc) over anyone. Men cannot and do not cover men, flesh cannot and does not cover flesh.

NT Christians grow up into the head who is Christ, hear His voice and follow Him and are led by His Spirit. Period.

Please unshackle yourself from redundant OT mores and strictures (along with man-made and self-imposed religion). Avail yourself of the true liberty in Christ, the One who truly sets free.

1Corinthaians 7:23 - You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of
men.

God bless

well, almost every one i tell ends up asking if i have a pastor over me now, funny that.

its all good
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by ricadelide(m): 4:46am On Jun 08, 2007
@TellyB,
Telly B:

There are a few names up there that enrich my spiritual life. Tunde Bakare and Gbile Akanni have some perculiar way of sharing Biblical insights. Others are familiar names who are gifted in their rights as well. smiley
very funny cos if i had to mention prominent names, it would be those two - i attended LRA until i left naija. Likewise Gbile (like we used to call him) was our regular back in UI, he's really a challenge for young guys like us.
Alongside those there have been very many non-prominent men that have shaped my life. the level of spiritual knowledge and understanding many of them pocess is however not reflected by their popularity or lack thereof. they are so many but i'd just mention one Pastor Awolusi who is a missionary in the villages of Ondo state; he was (and still is) a real blessing to my life.

@TayoD,
TayoD:

One of the best teachers of God's Word that I know is one Pastor Gbade. I can't even remeber his last name and what church he pastors. I know he pastors a church in Ibadan at the Agbowo Shopping complex about 7 years ago. He was in our church to teach on healing, and men the guy is sound. Very simple in his delivery of the scriptures but still articulate and precise.
small world indeed. Pastor Gbade Ogunlana pastors BCC (Bible city church) in Ibadan. He's no longer in Agbowo shopping complex; he's now in a larger place in Bodija. He used to come around to my faculty fellowship back in UI many times and share the Word with us. If there's anyone i've met that knows how to break the word to the level in which ANYBODY can understand, it is him.
I really miss those times back in nigeria. That's why i cant but disagree with those who generalize that nigerian preachers are fraudulent and what not; Nigeria is really blessed indeed, but many times we need to look in the obscure places to find such true men of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Archbishop Polycarp Sunday Reveals Winners, Losers Of Governorship Election / Rev Fr. Mbaka Arrives At St Andrew’s Abbey, Monastery, Los Angeles (Pix, Video) / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars As Church Member Dedicates Quadruplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.