Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:04 AM

Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (39544 Views)

Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher? / Who Is Your Favourite Popular Pastor Or Preacher? / Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2005
King,

Your advice was quite frank and meaningful. I have actually learnt from it. Thanks.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by SirKay3(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2005
King, sure ur talk is the right thing. Let God be their JUDGE
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by debola(f): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2005
OFF CAUSE EVERBODY KNOWS IS BISHOP OYEDEPO he preaches like a divine teacher from above to teach and make us uderstand he talks with examples....baba GOD[size=8pt][/size] thank you for annointing him.....
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by gentleone(f): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2005
i love pastor bimbo for her single&married fellowship
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Enigma(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2005
None of the above.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2005
Enigma, does "none of the above" have a real name?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Enigma(m): 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2005
Oh Seun

None of the above, the son of nobody. grin

Seriously, none of the preachers listed has much respect in my eyes in terms of accurate Bible teaching. Unfortunately, Nigeria has succumbed to the sad aberration that is the "prosperity gospel" and virtually everyone in the list propagates it. This is not to say that some of them have not made useful contributions in other respects; just that as "pastors" (biblically speaking, which really are supposed to be pastor-teachers if you read Ephesians 4 and elsewhere in the Bible carefully), the people in the list do not cut it for me.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by prettyH(f): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2005
Any day anytime, daddy G.O is da bomb. Gosh d ease he preaches with is wat i admire most. Pple won't understand. I'm catholic but i still appreciate his relationship with God. Though ma friends say he's boring but i say its the word nt d individual. Also love Pastor Bimbo cos she says it like it is and this has helped me in ma relationships.

Enigma:

Oh Seun

Seriously, none of the preachers listed has much respect in my eyes in terms of accurate Bible teaching. Unfortunately, Nigeria has succumbed to the sad aberration that is the "prosperity gospel" and virtually everyone in the list propagates it. This is not to say that some of them have not made useful contributions in other respects; just that as "pastors" (biblically speaking, which really are supposed to be pastor-teachers if you read Ephesians 4 and elsewhere in the Bible carefully), the people in the list do not cut it for me.

Pls tell us which church u go to. cos it seems u do not. Anyway pastors r just vessels used by God like parents. At some point in life u'll go out but at least u need some guidance and thats whats pastors do spiritually. But still i believe in fellowship with other believers forgetting whether a pastor is it or nt.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by queen2(f): 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2005
Who's daddy G.O?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by gentleone(f): 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2005
Pastor E.A Adeboye is Daddy GO. He is the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2005
Of course i know hes the general overseer, now i get it, sure i love his ministration...
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by loveth(f): 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2005
that's true my dear.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Jo: 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2005
All the pastors have different areas of calling. You dont have to compare the pastors. For example, you hace apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelist e.tc.. So you have deliverance minister, holiness preacher, Prosperity etc. God is the only one that can judge

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by goodguy(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2005
Gosh!! I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread. shocked MATTHEW ASHIMOLOWO is damn too good. I love and prefer his preaching any day, any time. C'mon, y'all should just watch winning ways one of these days and u won't regret doing so cheesy. In as much as I don't like listening to preachings on TV, whenever Matthew Ashimolowo is on, I'll remain glued to TV till the show ends. The man preaches the SOLID WORD of God. He also adds humour to his preaching grin Oyahkilome too is not bad. Okotie, I love his grammar grin

But Matthew is the best!! cool
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by layi(m): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2005
Jo:

All the pastors have different areas of calling. You don't have to compare the pastors. For example, you hace apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelist e.tc.. So you have deliverance minister, holiness preacher, Prosperity etc. God is the only one that can judge

Beign a pastor is a calling. There are no sub-callings. General Overseers of churches are pastors
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2005
There is nothing like deliverance ministry. It is not among the five-fold ministry gifts(Apostles, prophets,evangelists, pators and teachers). Casting out devils is for every christian and not for some chosen so- called demon-chasers. There is no special annointing to cast out devils. Those christains who continually seek deliverance never seem to find an end to their demon possession.

I have strong reservations concerning the new wave of trying to centre one's ministry on some minor aspect of the gospel. That is not right.

We are to preach the whole councel of God! ...and not the 'holiness' councel or the 'marriage' councel of God.

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by loveth(f): 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2005
@DONIEE
As if you know wetin be inside my mind.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by loveth(f): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2005
smiley
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by loveth(f): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2005
where is every one.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by nicetohave(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2005
@ donnie...and what is the whole counsel of God? do you know? can you tell me?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2005
The whole message of the gospel, and not some part of it. The totality of what Christ's death burial and ressurection has brought us who believe in him. The message of Eternal life which was in the father which was manifested to us in christ.

Eternal life has not only given us righteeousness and holiness but it has given us all that we could not get when we were in bondage to sin. Divine health, prosperity, victory and success are alll in the package.

Life and immortality have been brought to light through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We who have recieved christ have already been delivered...we don't need any further deliverance from satan... he has been defeated! I know deliverance ministers would not like to accept this but it is true.

Colossians 1:12-13:
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The christatin is in the kingdom of God and needs no deliverance from satan. The deliverance he needs is the deliverance into his inheritance and that is through knowledge.

Proverbs 11:9 (Whole Chapter)
An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered

The christian is born into the holiness of God. He has been given the nature of God which is righteousness. He needs to be made to see who God has made him to be rather than to be told how a useless and hopeless sinner he is, headed for hell.

When he knows who he is, he will live and act that way. If he dosnt know that he has recieved righteousness as a free gift from God, he will never be able to live right without condemnation because he will be struggling to get what he has already been given.

2 Corinthians 5:21:
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Phil 3:10
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

The moment one is born again, righteousness is imparted into his spirit. It is a free gift.

Righteousness is the nature of God that gives us the ability to stand in his presence without any sense of guilt, inferiority or condemnation. It puts the rightness of God in our spirits and causes us to do right.

A good understanding of this will lead to more preachers preaching the whole councel of God in the proper way.

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by nicetohave(m): 3:59am On Dec 12, 2005
Nice attempt...and the Lord will increase you more...we need the Holy spirit more in this time and age, to teach us more of God and lighten our path always as we draw nearer home.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by lowo(m): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2006
BABA KUMUYI I JUST LIKE THE MAN SO MUCH
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by NWABUIKE(m): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2006
I do not have any difficulty picking pastor Kumuyi; the uncompromising holiness preacher the world has ever seen since the days of John Wesly.

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by gentleone(f): 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2006
We are to preach the whole councel of God! , and not the 'holiness' councel or the 'marriage' councel of God.
of course we should preach the whole gospel but everyone still has a calling and even though they preach the whole gospel, they would focus more on their area of calling and would have more insight into issues concerning the area of their calling.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Backslider(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2006
@ Donnie,

You should find out what is sin. When man sins and he goes to church there is a lot of grace wasted and there is condemnation if there is no conviction.

The deeper life issue you raised did not warrant at all. There is nothing like Holiness ( No Substitute) and this is for people which sins have been forgiven. There is cleansing and there is holiness. There some people that say the concept of sin and that we have to understand that all men sin but i tell you no Sinner can enter the kingdom of God.

If you are holy You can not seen because you have the mind of the holy one Jesus. Harlots that go to church 419ers that go to church armed robbers that go to church have the same and one master Satan.

I was reading the very words of Jesus one day and I was afraid and I hope i could get holiness and never loose it again. Jesus said The way to heaven is difficult. Jesus was asked by a man that he wanted to follow him but Jesus answered and said go and sell all your property.

If some of the preachers are told to leave their churches and become ordinary members how many will do this only Jesus knows. People that go to church must be holy.

We dont have power on this so we must strive to make this. I have chance to be pastor but i dont want i will wait for the holy Ghost
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by priscer(f): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2006
I think papa David O.Oyedepo and papa David Abioye are my favorite popular preachers in Nigeria. Nigerians and the whole world know about it even witches and wizards can also testify.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by kodewrita(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2006
I don't have any favourites. Why? because i go to church not for the pastors but for the word itself. I have a tendency to sift out the wheat from the chaff when listen to sermons and i have found out that they all seem to have a lot of chaff mixed in with their wheat.

I believe you shouldn't have favourite pastors. Remember what Paul said about Appolos and him. he said they were both working for the same God and it was wrong for people to ally themselves with different pastors when attaining heaven is the most important thing (mind you i am paraphrasing what he said).

Just set your heart on seeking God and don't try to join any pastor's Fan Club.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Gkings(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2006
Dr. Daniel Kayode Olukoya, he preaches the whole word of God laying emphasis on holiness within and without. Afterwards I like Baba Enoch Adeboye, Evang Uma Ukpai, Dr. W.F. Kumuyi, et, al, and Pastor Seun Osewa

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tafari(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2006
I choose pastor Tunde Bakare . He is the father of prophetic apostolic.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by dolliepie(f): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2006
i gat 2 favourites actually.one not in d list.
pastor femi emmanuel.i so so much love dat pastor,never missed his early morning turning point for anything.i miss nigeria for all of this. cry cry cry
then, baba abiara,he prophesied into my life and it came to pass.hmmm and other strong pastors frm cac agbala itura.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Douzy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2006
The only pastor I can afford to sit down and listen to is Pastor E. Adeboye (not that I'm even a member of his church).

A friend of mine use to say that whenever he wishes to see some (religious) drama on TV, he would tune in to Pastor Chris' broadcasts (Particularly, Atmosphere of Miracle), no be me talk am oo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

About The High-rate Of Sexual Immoralities In The Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman In A London Church, Looking Majestic (pictures) / Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.