Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,334 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (13074 Views)

See What Americans Are Saying On Muslim Ban In The US - Cramjones / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" / Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by nobilis: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
fuckerholic:

Am not a blind religious follower anyway..I just wanted to fire back at you hoping you are a moslem because one thing about them is being so uninformed or having a more advanced secular thought.am a free thinker born and bred in Christianity.religion is not the mind that use me because I have met so many of it.
Tell me about you let's reason more or send Mr your email let's connect directly from there.thanks

I'll send you a bbm request.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 12:07am On Nov 30, 2015
nobilis:

You are still running away from the point.
The things that ISIS does are outlined in the Law of Moses.
The same Law that Jesus said he didn't come to abolish but to uphold.
So why do the actions of ISIS horrify Christians?
You guys should be hailing them because they are upholding the Law and getting rid of sinners.

(NB. Jesus never said he was abolishing the Law and bringing grace to replace it. It was Paul that said that. Or are you trying to say that Christians are ignoring Jesus' teachings and holding onto Paul's?)
let me ask you a question, what is Jesus fullfiling in the law and the prophecy? The mosaic law are for the Jews and not christians.

The truth is that, Jesus is fullfiling the prophecies made by the prophets in the old testament. Firstly, what is the law, and what is its purpose?
The law is a manifestation of the perfect
holiness of God, and was given to us
(humanity) to show how utterly unable
we are to meet God's standard by our
own means, strength or works (Romans
7:7). It shows us our sinfulness as a
contrast to God's holiness. Old Testament saints who were called righteous relied upon the grace of God for their right standing with God, not their success at keeping the law.

When Jesus is said to have fulfilled the
law, , it means HE PERFECTLY KEPT THE LAW , and never sinned (1 Peter
2:22).

You see, Jesus is the greatest teacher ever to walk on this planet. If you study the sermon on the mount, we are not to follow the LATTER of the Law with physical mind , but in spiritual way, the latter say "thou shall not kill" but instead Jesus find the CAUSE of killing and demand from us that we are not to HATE our brother. Also the latter say "thou shall not commit adultery" but Jesus demanded from us that we should not look at a woman with LUST. What Jesus did was that He divide the Law into two (1)relationship toward man and God and (2) relationship with our neighbors. And He settled it with Just ONE WORD LOVE.( If you love God you will not worship other gods and if you love your neighbor you will not steal from him or lust over his wife or even kill him. we are not just following the latter of the law, we are following it INNATELY.

The latter kills but the spirit give life. When Moses received the 10 commandments on mount sinai , almost 3000 Jews died. when Jesus died and ressurected, on the day of penticost , when the holy spirit came on the apostles, almost 5000 Jews were saved.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 12:19am On Nov 30, 2015
nobilis:

I'm sorry to say it but I think I know more about Christianity than you do.

Jesus did not abolish the Law of Moses.
It simply means the Law of Moses still applies
Simple and short.

No matter how uncomfortable it makes you, that is the truth.
NO!! The law of Moses are for the Jews, the new testament supersede the old testament.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by nobilis: 4:06am On Nov 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO!! The law of Moses are for the Jews, the new testament supersede the old testament.

Did Jesus abolish the Law of Moses, yes or no
It's a simple question.

In your other long post, u mentioned how Jesus focused on following the Law spiritually instead of the letter of the law.
Meaning that, still, the Law is still the foundation of his teachings.

So what are you trying to prove??

If the Law is made for Jews why do you teach your Christian children to recite the ten commandments??

You, Christians, always feel so good to do away with one part of your bible's teachings just to favour whatever warped thinking you might be holding at that moment.

For example,
Paying of tithes was not a Christian injunction, it was meant for the Jews. But Christians are paying tithes today.
Jews today don't even pay tithe anymore because the temple of Jerusalem hasn't been rebuilt yet.
But still, Christians pay tithe.
So why are you guys obeying an injunction meant for the Jews, yet you come out here to boldly tell me that the Law was made for the Jews??

That's is one point.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2015
t[/email]
nobilis:

Did Jesus abolish the Law of Moses, yes or no
It's a simple question.

In your other long post, u mentioned how Jesus focused on following the Law spiritually instead of the letter of the law.
Meaning that, still, the Law is still the foundation of his teachings.

So what are you trying to prove??

If the Law is made for Jews why do you teach your Christian children to recite the ten commandments??

You, Christians, always feel so good to do away with one part of your bible's teachings just to favour whatever warped thinking you might be holding at that moment.

For example,
Paying of tithes was not a Christian injunction, it was meant for the Jews. But Christians are paying tithes today.
Jews today don't even pay tithe anymore because the temple of Jerusalem hasn't been rebuilt yet.
But still, Christians pay tithe.
So why are you guys obeying an injunction meant for the Jews, yet you come out here to boldly tell me that the Law was made for the Jews??

That's is one point.
read my post again, did my post indicate christians are not to follow the law? The law is writing in our heart, we are not to followed the latter, which Law did adam and Eve follow? But they know what is good and bad INNATELY. What is Jesus fullfiling in the law and the prophet? Name one prophet who can boast of ever perfectly kept the law? Others prophet did not make this statement of fullfiling the law ONLY Jesus, why?

The Law cannot earn you perfect holiness God required from us ,the law only show the PERFECT holiness of God and how human effort cannot obtain it.

Christians are only advice to learn from the old testament:
Romans 15:4
“For whatever things were WRITING
BEFORE were written for our LEARNING
that we through the patience and
comfort of the Scriptures might have
HOPE”

God has already given us A New covenant and command us to follow

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31“The days are coming,” declares the
Lord, “WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW
COVENANT WITH THE PEOPLE OF ISREAL
and with the people of Judah. 32 It will
NOT BE LIKE THE COVENANT I MADE
WITH THEIR ANCESTORS when I took
them by the hand to lead them out of
Egypt, because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[ a] them,[b]”
declares the Lord. 33“This is the
covenant I will make with the people of
Israel after that time,”declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their MINDS and
write it on their HEARTS. I will be their
God, and they will be my people.34No
longer will they teach their neighbor,or
say to one another, ‘Know the
Lord,’because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.“FOR I WILL FORGIVE
THEIR WICKEDNESS AND WILL
REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE .”

First, God say He will give the isrealite a NEW covenant and then He will write the Law in their mind and heart, what does that mean ? I will forgive their wickedness indicate GRACE.

Which creed incite christians to recites the 10 commandments? And for your information ,some christians don't pay tithe.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by nobilis: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
t[/email]read my post again, did my post indicate christians are not to follow the law? The law is writing in our heart, we are not to followed the latter, which Law did adam and Eve follow? But they know what is good and bad INNATELY. What is Jesus fullfiling in the law and the prophet? Name one prophet who can boast of ever perfectly kept the law? Others prophet did not make this statement of fullfiling the law ONLY Jesus, why?

The Law cannot earn you perfect holiness God required from us ,the law only show the PERFECT holiness of God and how human effort cannot obtain it.

HOPE”

First, God say He will give the isrealite a NEW covenant and then He will write the Law in their mind and heart, what does that mean ? I will forgive their wickedness indicate GRACE.

Which creed incite christians to recites the 10 commandments? And for your information ,some christians don't pay tithe.

Keep on running round and round. I will help you run you round and round.

Does the new covenant mean abolition of the old covenant?
Answer me.
If you say it abolishes it, then we will take the discussion to another level.
But if you say it does not, then it means the old covenant is still in effect and is not obsolete.
So it still applies.
And if it still applies, then the old covenant is still to be respected and adhered to.

So answer the question:
Does the new covenant abolish the old covenant?
Yes or No.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
nobilis:

Keep on running round and round. I will help you run you round and round.

Does the new covenant mean abolition of the old covenant?
Answer me.
If you say it abolishes it, then we will take the discussion to another level.
But if you say it does not, then it means the old covenant is still in effect and is not obsolete.
So it still applies.
And if it still applies, then the old covenant is still to be respected and adhered to.

So answer the question:
Does the new covenant abolish the old covenant?
Yes or No.
what do you understand by the word "supersede"?
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by kodded(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
t[/email]read my post again, did my post indicate christians are not to follow the law? The law is writing in our heart, we are not to followed the latter, which Law did adam and Eve follow? But they know what is good and bad INNATELY. What is Jesus fullfiling in the law and the prophet? Name one prophet who can boast of ever perfectly kept the law? Others prophet did not make this statement of fullfiling the law ONLY Jesus, why?

HOPE”

nice

I wish a lot of Christians understand the word like you do smiley

keep it nup

but one question were you an atheist or a muslim before now ?
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by nobilis: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
what do you understand by the word "supersede"?

Please, sir, do not answer questions with questions.
Just answer my question straightforward.

Does the new covenant abolish the old covenant
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
nobilis:

Please, sir, do not answer questions with questions.
Just answer my question straightforward.

Does the new covenant abolish the old covenant
you are still asking this question ? Do my post say the law is useless? Did I not say christians are to learn from the old testament law? Romans 15:4
BEFORE were written for our LEARNING that we through the patience and
HOPE”
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
kodded:

nice

I wish a lot of Christians understand the word like you do smiley

keep it nup

but one question were you an atheist or a muslim before now ?
bless you my brother.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by kodded(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
bless you my brother.
but you still haven't answered my question

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by nobilis: 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
you are still asking this question ? Do my post say the law is useless? Did I not say christians are to learn from the old testament law? Romans 15:4
BEFORE were written for our LEARNING that we through the patience and
HOPE”

Cool.
So the Law of Moses wasn't abolished and isn't useless.
That is the point I've been trying to prove since.

Thanks for helping me out
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
nobilis:

Cool. So the Law of Moses wasn't abolished and isn't useless. That is the point I've been trying to prove since.
Thanks for helping me out
you are welcome.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
kodded:
but you still haven't answered my question
I was born into muslim family.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by Patterson504(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
I'm a Black American... Ben Carson DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE... MARK MY WORDS... He was a great surgeon but that's about it... I personally don't care for him. A Muslim will never be elected due to fear of the American people and propoganda. I was born Christian like most I'm America but have fought in both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Islam ISN'T a violent religion if you actually take the time to READ and UNDERSTAND. IT'S so hypocritical of Christians to talk badly about Islam when historically and even now no organised religion in the world has spilled more blood then so called followers of Jesus... The radicals in Islam make up about 1% of practitioners.. As far as biblical doctrine Jesus said he didn't come to change THE LAW.. Christians have a tendency to pick and choose... Jesus WAS A JEW.. A good JEW at that.. Case in point... Americans love to attack Islam because of polygamy. . Jesus spoke about all types of sins. .. NOT ONE TIME did he speak badly towards those who practice polygamy... NOT ONCE... Surely he lived amongst many polygamist. .. King Solomon not only had wives but SEVERAL CONCUBINES at his disposal. .. He is regarded as highly favored by God... I can go on and on about biblical text.. Jesus said he didn't come to change the law... Am I not to interpret that literally? There is no concrete evidence to dispute this claim. ...
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Patterson504:
I'm a Black American... Ben Carson DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE... MARK MY WORDS... He was a great surgeon but that's about it... I personally don't care for him. A Muslim will never be elected due to fear of the American people and propoganda. I was born Christian like most I'm America but have fought in both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Islam ISN'T a violent religion if you actually take the time to READ and UNDERSTAND. IT'S so hypocritical of Christians to talk badly about Islam when historically and even now no organised religion in the world has spilled more blood then so called followers of Jesus... The radicals in Islam make up about 1% of practitioners.. As far as biblical doctrine Jesus said he didn't come to change THE LAW.. Christians have a tendency to pick and choose... Jesus WAS A JEW.. A good JEW at that.. Case in point... Americans love to attack Islam because of polygamy. . Jesus spoke about all types of sins. .. NOT ONE TIME did he speak badly towards those who practice polygamy... NOT ONCE... Surely he lived amongst many polygamist. .. King Solomon not only had wives but SEVERAL CONCUBINES at his disposal. .. He is regarded as highly favored by God... I can go on and on about biblical text.. Jesus said he didn't come to change the law... Am I not to interpret that literally? There is no concrete evidence to dispute this claim. ...
the life and deed of muhammed are recorded in the hadith, muhammed kill and force people to accept his religion.if you read the hadith ,you will see for yourself what am saying.

The followers of Jesus spill blood? Did Jesus sanctions such behavior? Jesus even command His followers to Love not only their neighbor, but there enemy also. I challenge you to provide a single verse from the quran were Allah command muslims to love their enemy? Allah made it clear that he hate the unbelievers, infact the 99 names of Allah , love is absent.

The mosaic law is not for christian, according to the law of Moses, the adulterous woman soppose to be stoned to death, but instead Jesus gave her a second chance, "go and sin no more" if christians are to followed this law, Jesus would've allowed the Jews to stone her.

" If you are without sin cast the first stone at her" can you boast of never have sin ? Can anyone boast of not breaking the law? The mosaic law give sinner the chance to kill sinners. All those wicked act you see the muslims are doing (stoning of adulterys ) can any of them boast of being holy? Read the story of Naboth and jezebel. jezebel take advantage of the law of Moses when she frame naboth of blasphemy against God.

The term 'Christian' was used to describe a follwer of Christ in terms of the WORLD,from the world’s POINT OF VIEW. The pagans at Antioch called the apostles "Christians" first (Acts 11:26; 26:28) and used it derogatorily because the apostles didn’t follow the commercial world of the pagans. The substance is NOT in the word "Christian", the substance is in the HEART OF THE MAN it is attempting to describe, and which the pagan user cannot see.

Solomon marriage to many wives was against the commandments of God, stop mixing CONTEXT together, the context which talk about how God favour solomon was about his relationship with God and the context which talk about solomon polygamy is about worshipping other gods. Infact it was his wives that lure him into worshipping idols. God favour is in solomon because of his ancestors (Abraham Isaac Jacob) Jesus talk about marring ONE wife "and the two shall become ONE"

You are not qualify to interpret the word of God, your knowledge concerning the bible is shallow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by Patterson504(m): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
the life and deed of muhammed are recorded in the hadith, muhammed kill and force people to accept his religion.if you read the hadith ,you will see for yourself what am saying.

The followers of Jesus spill blood? Did Jesus sanctions such behavior? Jesus even command His followers to Love not only their neighbor, but there enemy also. I challenge you to provide a single verse from the quran were Allah command muslims to love their enemy? Allah made it clear that he hate the unbelievers, infact the 99 names of Allah , love is absent.

The mosaic law is not for christian, according to the law of Moses, the adulterous woman soppose to be stoned to death, but instead Jesus gave her a second chance, "go and sin no more" if christians are to followed this law, Jesus would've allowed the Jews to stone her.

" If you are without sin cast the first stone at her" can you boast of never have sin ? Can anyone boast of not breaking the law? The mosaic law give sinner the chance to kill sinners. All those wicked act you see the muslims are doing (stoning of adulterys ) can any of them boast of being holy? Read the story of Naboth and jezebel. jezebel take advantage of the law of Moses when she frame naboth of blasphemy against God.

The term 'Christian' was used to describe a follwer of Christ in terms of the WORLD,from the world’s POINT OF VIEW. The pagans at Antioch called the apostles "Christians" first (Acts 11:26; 26:28) and used it derogatorily because the apostles didn’t follow the commercial world of the pagans. The substance is NOT in the word "Christian", the substance is in the HEART OF THE MAN it is attempting to describe, and which the pagan user cannot see.

Solomon marriage to many wives was against the commandments of God, stop mixing CONTEXT together, the context which talk about how God favour solomon was about his relationship with God and the context which talk about solomon polygamy is about worshipping other gods. Infact it was his wives that lure him into worshipping idols. God favour is in solomon because of his ancestors (Abraham Isaac Jacob) Jesus talk about marring ONE wife "and the two shall become ONE"

You are not qualify to interpret the word of God, your knowledge concerning the bible is shallow.
nThe Bible is FULL of contradictions. Jesus NEVER said polygamy was sinful... PRODUCE THE VERSE. Solomon nor David was chastised for having multiple women in their lives. It simply not fpund in the Bible speaking AGAINST POLYGAMY..The Quran teaches to fight your enemies but if they cease show mercy. The Quran teaches compassion and the idea of no compulsion in religion... Anyway, I'm not here to necessarily defend Islam but to point out the fallacy in Christian interpretation of the Bible. Jesus is recorded as saying he came not to change the law.. That's fact regardless if he made exceptions in some cases doesn't negate that. You mention one man becoming one with one woman in the union of marriage. Why can't a man become one with 2 women for example? You believe in the trinity which basically states 3 separate being yet one right? Father, son, holy spirit right? You can't crap on another religion when the Trinity concept can't be logically explained. God in the bible says "I am not the author of confusion"... Jesus on the cross asking God (himself) To have mercy on himself? If I talk to myself I'm a schizophrenic... Your bible tells you the sin if the father shall not be passed to his son... YET we are damned and in need of a saviour because Adam sinned? You want to talk compassion? If you kill a man should your son die for it? Is that justice? NO IT IS NOT. Your Bible tells you the Jews are the chosen people. Wow how convent is that since the Old Testament was written by Jews. Again, doesn't sound like a fair God. The Bible has been used to enslave people. .. Its a reason why the slave masters in the U.S took everything away from the Africans and fave them Christianity... The Bible isn't perfect.
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
Patterson504:
nThe Bible is FULL of contradictions. Jesus NEVER said polygamy was sinful... PRODUCE THE VERSE. Solomon nor David was chastised for having multiple women in their lives. It simply not fpund in the Bible speaking AGAINST POLYGAMY..The Quran teaches to fight your enemies but if they cease show mercy. The Quran teaches compassion and the idea of no compulsion in religion... Anyway, I'm not here to necessarily defend Islam but to point out the fallacy in Christian interpretation of the Bible. Jesus is recorded as saying he came not to change the law.. That's fact regardless if he made exceptions in some cases doesn't negate that. You mention one man becoming one with one woman in the union of marriage. Why can't a man become one with 2 women for example? You believe in the trinity which basically states 3 separate being yet one right? Father, son, holy spirit right? You can't crap on another religion when the Trinity concept can't be logically explained. God in the bible says "I am not the author of confusion"... Jesus on the cross asking God (himself) To have mercy on himself? If I talk to myself I'm a schizophrenic... Your bible tells you the sin if the father shall not be passed to his son... YET we are damned and in need of a saviour because Adam sinned? You want to talk compassion? If you kill a man should your son die for it? Is that justice? NO IT IS NOT. Your Bible tells you the Jews are the chosen people. Wow how convent is that since the Old Testament was written by Jews. Again, doesn't sound like a fair God. The Bible has been used to enslave people. .. Its a reason why the slave masters in the U.S took everything away from the Africans and fave them Christianity... The Bible isn't perfect.
can you mention the contradictions ? (do it appropriate the way I can response) David and solomon married to multiple wives was against the command of God, read the bible, David and solomon pay for their sins, David watch his sons died, All his sons died prematurely because of his sins.

Regarding the trinity;

genesis1:26
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in
our image, in our likeness...

The verse say "US" and then went on to
say "IMAGE" if God is three separate
being, the verse should've say images.

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the
Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send,
and who will go for US?" Then I said,
"Here am I. Send me!"

The verse say "WHOM SHALL I
SEND" (ONE GOD) and the verse continue "WHO WILL GO FOR US" (three
personalities)

The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God exists as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
However,these three persons are not
three separate gods, but ONE GOD. This
Trinitarian concept of God might seem to be contradictory from a HUMAN
standpoint, but is perfectly logical from
GOD'S EXTRADIMENSIONAL EXISTENCE.

Anti-Trinitarian heresies elevate
humans to the level of God or demote
one or more persons of the Godhead to
non-God status. Don't fall into one of
those traps!
"Go therefore and make disciples of all
the nations, baptizing them in the name
of the Father and the Son and the Holy
Spirit" (Matthew 28:19)

When I debate with muslims, I understand the teaching of islam, Allah love is conditional unlike the true God, who first love sinner before sending His son.

Listen: The truth shall set you free.600 years later someone came with a contradicted message, why will Allah waited soo long before sending muhammed to contradicte the bible? Does that mean the Jews have been following a false doctrine? Before 600 years , most of this Jews would've died before muhammed came, who will be healed responsible for their unbelief ? Offcorse is Allah who make them to believe Jesus was crucified.

Surah 4:157: And their saying: Surely
we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of
Marium, the messenger of Allah; and
they did not kill him nor did they
crucify him, BUT IT APPEARED TO THEM
SO (LIKE ISA) and most surely those
who differ therein are only in a DOUBT
about it; they have no knowledge
respecting it, but only follow a
conjecture, and they killed him not
for sure. (Shakir)

So Allah waited for 600 years before
reveal this to muhammed? And he clear
their doubt? Indeed muhammed is a
false prophet, the devil is a liar!!
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by malvisguy212: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Patterson504 The Trinity states that: (1) there is only one God by nature (2) there are three Persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) who all share the divine nature. (3) and that all three Persons are distinct.Jesus, the Son,in His incarnation took upon Himself a human nature and was 100% God and 100% man. When He worshiped God was he worshipping Himself? When He was praying to God was He praying to Himself? No, in His human nature he was worshipping the Father who was God, because that is the proper duty of man. There are things God the father know that Jesus in his Human nature do not know, for example if you notice a demon possessed man being healed, prior to his healing, he act strange, he speak with uncontrolled voice, and he say words which in his real sense would not say, but the time he get healed, when you told him what he say, he will deny saying such things and acting in such a way, why? Because his demonic nature and human nature are DISTINCT from each other ( just as God and Jesus was ). so Jesus is a man who was possessed by God, here are proof: Jesus claimed to have many of the attributes that God alone possesses. Jesus claimed to have sent the prophets: Matthew 23:34 "Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city. However, the Old Testament indicates that God sent the prophets. Therefore, Jesus was claiming the authority that was previously reserved only for God. Jesus claimed that His origins are from heaven, whereas men are from the world: John 3:13 "And no one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, even the Son of Man. Jesus also claimed to have existed "before the world began": John 17:5 "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." This statement is an obvious claim to deity. Not only did Jesus claim to exist before the creation of the universe, but He claimed to share the glory of God! Jesus also claimed that He had "all authority... in heaven and on earth" and that everything of God was His. Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Jesus accepted the title of God. Not only did Jesus claim the attributes of God,but He even accepted the title GOD, Thomas the ever-skeptical disciple, was unconvinced that Jesus had risen from the dead and wanted to see direct proof. However, when the Lord Jesus appeared to him, his only reaction was "My Lord and my God!" John 20:28-29 Thomas answered and said to Him, "MY LORD AND MY GOD !" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." What was Jesus' reaction to the title of God? Did Jesus rebuke him for calling Him "God"? No! In fact, Jesus praised Thomas for his belief. And the belief that Thomas exhibited was that Jesus was LORD AND GOD . If Jesus were not God, accepting such a statement for truth would be a grievous sin. Either Jesus is God or He would have to be a sinner!
Re: Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones by gists: 7:42am On Mar 14, 2016
Now that our dear respected and beloved Carson has been disgraced out of the race to the white house (someone pls remind me of his performance in the primaries grin grin ) and has even fo0lishly declared support for the diarrhea-mouthed hitler-incarnate Drumpf (who refused to denounce KKK), I hope y'all can see the fo0lishness in trying to profit from religious and race divides in gaining political power. This just reminds me of a certain ineffectual buffon who tried to do the same here in Nigeria and was also disgraced out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. / Liberia Blocks Social Media Amid Anti-corruption Protests / Second Israeli-linked Ship Hijacked Off Yemen Coast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.