Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,415 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Could Your Wife Be The Reason For Unanswered Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Your Wife Be The Reason For Unanswered Prayers? (487 Views)

Reasons For Unanswered Prayers / Sex Between 12-3am Leads To Unanswered Prayers - Pastor / Could Your Husband Be The Reason For Unanswered Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could Your Wife Be The Reason For Unanswered Prayers? by marriagearian: 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
“The same goes for you husbands: Be good husbands to your wives. Honor them, delight in them. As women they lack some of your advantages. But in the new life of God’s grace, you’re equals. Treat your wives, then, as equals so your prayers don’t run aground.”
-      I Peter 3 vs. 7 (MSG)

I was discussing with my friend who recently got married and he shared with me how his life changed drastically (for the better) after he got married. Being childhood friends, I knew where he was coming from and how awesome it was for him to experience those miraculous events.

It however got me thinking. I know of many other men who got married with high hopes, but didn't get any miracles. Some blamed themselves, their village aunties and some have even gone as far as blaming their wives for their predicament (anyone remember Pastor Arowolo?).

One difference I observed about the miracle-laden friend (let's just call him Mr. Miracle) and the others was the way he spoke about and treated his wife. It’s one of a kind. He always has something great and prophetic to say about his wife. Could that be why he always got favourable answers to his heart’s desires?

This brings to mind 1 Peter 3:7 which tells the husbands how to treat their wives, else their prayers won't be answered.  Apparently, God is very mindful of how you treat his daughter! Treat her good? He listens to and answers your prayers. Treat her bad? No answered prayers for you. As one of God's princesses, I feel so special right now.

Considering that you have a long prayer list, and there are many obstacles to receiving answers, I believe that it only makes sense to reduce the obstacles by at least one – be a good husband to your wife!

Using Mr. Miracles as a case study, I will share with you, 3 easy steps you can take to become a better husband for the Mrs.:

1.       Think it - one thing I've learnt in recent times is the potent power of the human mind. Practically anything can be achieved once you conceive it in your mind.

While talking with Mr. Miracles on my way to work one morning, I decided to prod a little further and understand the secret to his happy home. One of the things he mentioned was that he made up his mind to live and understand his wife to the fullest. He convinced himself he could achieve it and ensured he constantly worked at it. He admitted that it was not an easy ride, but believing he could do it, he learnt to actively relate with his wife in love and honour every single day.

I've come across many many jokes about the impossibility of understanding women.  As hilarious as the jokes are (I laugh at the jokes too), they are very false. Mr. Miracles proved them wrong didn't he?

You can also do same, but you have to start from your mind. Determine today to learn to love and understand your wife.

2.      Say it - The tongue is another powerful organ in the body. So powerful, the Bible tells us it holds the power of life and death (Proverbs 18 v. 21). In other words, you can either speak life or death to your ability to live peaceably with your wife.

Mr. Miracles had perfected this as well. Every time I asked about his wife, he always answered 'she is blessed and highly favoured!' Why won't he be testifying every day?

Can't say the same for many other husbands... typical answers are 'she's fine', 'she dey jare', 'all you these women sef, ‘is she the only one you can ask about?’ and some refuse to respond.

It may sound cool and manly to refuse to voice your emotions, but who will you rather be - a man with answered prayers or a mere manly man? Mr. Miracles chose the former, and you should too. Use every opportunity to speak great things to and about your wifey!

3.      Do it. So you've created in your mind. You have spoken life. What next? You need to act it out. The Bible uses the words 'be' or 'treat' and in some versions ‘live’, that's a verb, so it requires action on your part.

Mr. Miracles was a pro in this area. He will do anything and everything to make his madam happy. He was always on the lookout for how to treat her better every day, and will then go home and practice it.

I encourage you to emulate this. Make a conscious effort to do things to keep your wife happy.

I believe that by living with your wife in understanding and treating her as God's vessel of honour, all your prayers and heart desires will be answered! 

Yours in relationship building,
Marriagearian

www.marriagearian.com

Like us on Facebook - Marriagearian

Follow us on twitter - @marriagearian

(1) (Reply)

Types Of God / Which Scripture Do You Think Is The Most Quoted In The Old Testament.? / Answer By Fire In Jesus Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.