Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man (7148 Views)

Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Founded Niger-Delta Avengers – Ex-Militants' Leader, Akpodoro / Governor El-Rufai Sitting On The Floor At A Town Hall Meeting...(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by FreshGuy2(m): 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
Do You know that the Town Kwankwaso in Kano State, the Home of
the former State Governor, Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was founded by an Igbo
Trader, Mr Okonkwo about 90years ago?
The Story.
An Igbo trader called Mr. Okonkwo found a convenient farm gate site
along the railway track leading to Kano where he could buy, thresh and
mill groundnut. He set up his thresher and mill and erected a signboard
reading "OKONKWO & SONS ENTERPRISES". Soon he started getting
patronage from neighboring villagers and farmers who found it convenient
for trade because of proximity to the railway. With time, the spot became
lively with business activities and people started erecting huts and market
stalls.

source>>
www.naijajaw..com/2012/09/kano-town-was-founded-by-igbo-trader.html
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
LIAR! Kwankwaso's father was a prominent man in Kwankwaso. Are you trying to say that he migrated from somewhere to join an Igboman in his town in Kano? @OP why do yu want to start sectarian crisis in Kano?

In fact, Sokoto Caliphate was founded by an Ijawman named Sotonye. Kano Emirate was founded by a man from Kwale. Benin Kingdom was established by Uthman Danfodio. Okrika Kingdom was founded by a man from Maiduguri.

9 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by journerman(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
And he chose to name "his town" kwankwaso rather than okonkwo

4 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by 175(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
Who then founded Daura Don't tell me it's The Buhari Dynasty o o o
But If u say it's the Dauradinho, I fit gree. . .cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by armadeo(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
journerman:

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by galadima77(m): 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
So who founded Otukpo? Let me guess, hmm......

Op you can fit to lie o!!
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Walahi, I trust my hausa people die, na only go dem hear, dem no dey hear come. grin

By the time dem butcher all the Igbo folks in Sabon Gari finish, una go know say the 1956 pogrom wey happen for kano get season 2. grin

Make una continue.

5 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Onyejiuwaokoh: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Historical liar(op)
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by bugzbunny: 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
LIAR! Kwankwaso's father was a prominent man in Kwankwaso. Are you trying to say that he migrated from somewhere to join an Igboman in his town in Kano? @OP why do yu want to start sectarian crisis in Kano?

In fact, Sokoto Caliphate was founded by an Ijawman named Sotonye. Kano Emirate was founded by a man from Kwale. Benin Kingdom was established by Uthman Danfodio. Okrika Kingdom was founded by a man from Maiduguri.

Chill....no be everytin man dey vibrate over
haba
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by bugzbunny: 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Zoharariel:
Walahi, I trust my hausa people die, na only go dem hear, dem no dey hear come. grin

By the time dem butcher all the Igbo folks in Sabon Gari finish, una go know say the 1956 pogrom wey happen for kano get season 2. grin

Make una continue.
grin grin grin......suya tins

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
op quit doing onitsha weed 4d gud of all please...lemme guess, its okonkwo n sons enterprises,rc 967005 right?
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by laffytaffy1: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
It's a known fact that Igbos Open up towns, a good example who be Lafia in Nassarawa State, the town was opened up by the Igbos who stop there to get gas and something to eat, because of that, Lafia is now a state capital. Also all the small towns between Abuja and Nsukka are now springing up because of the Igbos going home from Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by disumusa: 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
FreshGuy2:
The Story.
stalls.

source>>
pls why did ibo like other peoples town .

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by nwannaeto: 12:17am On Sep 29, 2015
disumusa:
enyi jee GUI akwukwo.I bu itiboribo
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 29, 2015
disumusa:
Hhaaaaaa! grin

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Pavore9: 1:07am On Sep 29, 2015
Who owns the place before Mr. Okonkwo went there 90 years ago? l just hope no one goes there and begins to make noise that it is a no man's land.....his or her family will not even see a corpse to bury!

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by laffytaffy1: 1:10am On Sep 29, 2015
disumusa:

Simple!! because we see other towns especially the ones in the south west as backwards and a potential to make money so we head out to these towns and open them up to the real world. You my friend should be grateful to the Igbos for opening your town.
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by FreshGuy2(m): 1:11am On Sep 29, 2015
journerman:
that's because they couldn't pronounce the name correctly...from kwonkwoson to kwankwaso .. hope you got it
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by basilo101: 1:20am On Sep 29, 2015
Zoharariel:

Make una continue.
when a coward talks u kw, u tink everybody is scared of primitive machete wielding abo.kis like u ppl who dashed them Ilorin? Is dat why ur ppl cant venture beyond Niger state? see how u r depending on ur masters to carry ur out hateful desires. Igbos have claimed lagos several times, go and butcher those in Lagos by urself. Northerners kw wat every crises cost them and hv put in everything now to avoid it. If i like i claim to own the whole of new york. There is freedom of expression.
The OP is high on dried paw paw leaf though

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by FreshGuy2(m): 1:22am On Sep 29, 2015
disumusa:
bro that's hustling if you don't know.. #afia ga nele gwogwo
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by MayorofLagos(m): 4:58am On Sep 29, 2015
FreshGuy2:
The Story.
stalls.

source>>

Oh God....Oh God...Oh God, please when next you create Ibo on the planet give them abundance sense to be able to see and hear past their ego.

Kwankwaso in Hausa means bottom part of the body, i think the waist or pelvic area. It has nothing to do with Okonkwo. Some of your people made a similar claim about being the first settler of a town in Katsina State, it turned out the town was non existent in the year they claimed settlement on it.

I don.tire for these people. angry

3 Likes

Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by HZNjnr(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
This is a big lie...
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by apholaryn: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
lands grabber
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Emmypure: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2022
That's true
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Bendeco02: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2022
FreshGuy2:
The Story.
stalls.

source>>
What's the need of this thread bro, if I may ask.
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2022
Hehehehe
Kwankwaso = Okonkwo
Kikikikikiki
Re: A Town In Kano State Founded By An Igbo Man by Positivist: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
MayorofLagos:

Oh God....Oh God...Oh God, please when next you create Ibo on the planet give them abundance sense to be able to see and hear past their ego.

Kwankwaso in Hausa means bottom part of the body, i think the waist or pelvic area. It has nothing to do with Okonkwo. Some of your people made a similar claim about being the first settler of a town in Katsina State, it turned out the town was non existent in the year they claimed settlement on it.

I don.tire for these people. angry

Can you give a breakdown of how the word was formed to become Kwankwaso?

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Okorocha & His Son Inlaw That Got People Talking / Pengassan To Withdraw Their Services Starting From January 9th / Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.