Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,117 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. (58148 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Pls How Much Will Finish This 2bedroom Bungalow / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
The new lands around the site is being added to the property, clearing of the lands at the front and fencing the land at the back........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
The upper terrace........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Getting more materials offloaded......

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by danny34(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
spyder880:
I am afraid of using white POP materials for screeding the room because of this ugly sight I saw somewhere.......

most people share your view. I dont know the difference between cement screedn and white screedn in terms of cost. But i know for sure that cement screedn is durable and stronger, not easily cracked. Just that when it comes to paint coverage, white screedn covers easily than cement screedn. In the long run cement is best

2 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Nov 04, 2015
danny34:

most people share your view. I dont know the difference between cement screedn and white screedn in terms of cost. But i know for sure that cement screedn is durable and stronger, not easily cracked. Just that when it comes to paint coverage, white screedn covers easily than cement screedn. In the long run cement is best

Exactly my observation.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2015
We have bought another 1000 blocks and more cement to be used for the fence, all workers are active here,

POP ceiling
Wall screeding
Tilers
Bricklayers for fence walls
Plumber for outside pipe laying
Welders for gates, burglary proof and tank stand
Laborers for clearing the new lands

Work goes on.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Dieumerci(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2015
spyder880:
We have bought another 1000 blocks and more cement to be used for the fence, all workers are active here,

POP ceiling
Wall screeding
Tilers

Work goes on.

Great job you are doing sir.
And thanks for all the education.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by dubemcapital(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
spyder880:

POP ceiling
Wall screeding
Tilers

Work goes on.

Good job sir.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
The fencing at the back of this house, today.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
Fabricating the burglary proof

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
Front and side screeding

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dining room, downstairs living room

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by peaceland(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
spyder880:
Dining room, downstairs living room
sir,
help me to understand what the seemingly red soil/sand on the floor are for. Thanks
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
peaceland:

sir,
help me to understand what the seemingly red soil/sand on the floor are for. Thanks

The type of sharp sand we have in this location is reddish, we just add a little cement to get a good mix and then screed before applying the tiles.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
The outside screeding

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by peaceland(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
spyder880:

The type of sharp sand we have in this location is reddish, we just add a little cement to get a good mix and then screed before applying the tiles.
Thanks sir,
That was my initial thoughts until doubt and white sand only knowledge took over. never knew there is reddish sharp sand!

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by danny34(m): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
spyder880:

POP ceiling
Wall screeding
Tilers

Work goes on.

as usual, we are alwz the last to work in a site. We bring out the beauty of all what others have done!

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Nov 06, 2015
The sweet palm fruits at the back of this house, stretch your hand and collect one cheesy

5 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by dubemcapital(m): 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
spyder880:

POP ceiling
Wall screeding
Tilers

Work goes on.

that is the spirit oga spyder... fire on the mountain, every worker must do the running. well done sir

2 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2015
dubemcapital:

that is the spirit oga spyder... fire on the mountain, every worker must do the running. well done sir

Thank you my man, work goes on.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Dieumerci(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
mufutau55:

Can you show this top to bottom... full pic. Thx.

Hajji M.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by chimexview: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
I saw where you quoted the price of the wallpaper tile as 5000 please I want to know the measurement it is been sold for that amount.
Thanks in advance for your assistance. Keep up the good work
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
chimexview:
I saw where you quoted the price of the wallpaper tile as 5000 please I want to know the measurement it is been sold for that amount.
Thanks in advance for your assistance. Keep up the good work

I think it should cover about 5-6 meters space.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
Details of the backyard fence, carpenters move in.......

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
Work on the upper floor living room ceiling POP........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2015
Some rooms are almost complete......

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Downstairs living room, downstairs dining room.........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
Work goes on outside too........

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 4:06am On Nov 11, 2015
Updates on the fence works, updates on the gate construction, updates on the kitchen tiles.......

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Screeding more surfaces

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
More

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Abuja’s Most Expensive Estates / 10 Great Building Designs That Can Fit Into A 50'x50' Plot Of Land. / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.