Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,485 members, 7,836,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments (2975 Views)

Owner Of Afe Babalola University Reject Ministerial Appointment / Don’t Use Ekweremadu As A Sacrificial Lamb – Ohanaeze Warns Buhari / Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 3:03am On Sep 29, 2015
By Francis Igata
ENUGU—The apex Igbo socio-cultural group,Ohanaeze Ndigbo,yesterday,appealed to the Igbo nation to remain calm in the face of seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Ohanaeze was reacting to the strident outcries that have attended the appointment of the president’s ‘kitchen cabinet’.
President General,Ohanaeze Ndigbo,Chief Enwo Gary Igariwey, spoke at the Ohanaeze National Secretariat in Enugu during an appraisal meeting on the Igbo nation.
Chief Igariwey said,”we had a meeting of a select group with Ohanaeze NEC to discuss Igbo day celebration. It will be held on a low key. Branches are free to celebrate as they want. But Ohanaeze national will mark Igbo day on a key.

Igbo Chiefs
“It will be a day of retreat,tact and unity. The theme of this year’s celebration is ‘Akonauche na Njiko’ (tact and unity).
On the issue of appointments, the PG said,”we ask our people not to be disappointed on the seeming lopsidedness of appointments  made  so far by the president.
“Our people should remain steadfast, think of home, and galvanise efforts towards the development of Igbo nation because nobody will do it for us. We have helped in building Lagos and Abuja among others. It is time to do the same in our own place.
“We should recreate that zeal and develop our place. This years’ celebration is not a time of festival and masquerades,but a tiime for rethink.”
Also, former Secretary General of Ohanaeze,Chief Joe Achuzie,who was miffed by the lopsided ‘kitchen cabinet’ appointments, charged Ndigbo to remain strong and form a veritable opposition that will take over power come 2019.
According to the former scribe,”having known that the president has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the president. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed  minister,he or she will be a mere servant.
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him,to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the president will survive. So,Igbo should not take ministerial position.”

...... Vanguard
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by HungerBAD: 3:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Chief Joe Achuzie the Tortoise.

I say lets give him a Ministerial post, and lets see if he can say no.

Out of Spite, for the President, you are telling the Ibo Nation not to accept any Ministerial position. Hopefully, there are Ibo people out there, who can stare you straight in the eyes, and tell you, your advice stinks like those toilets at Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) Ife.

The Ibo's rejecting Ministerial Positions, is tantamount to them committing a political Harakiri.

But, if they insist they don't want. Then the more Ministerial positions for other regions,the merrier. I know the Ibo's are very smart, and will not follow another man BLINDLY. Not especially after the Ojukwu Debacle of the 60's.

My Eastern friends, be wise. And do not let Chief Joe Achuzie be THAT man, that wants to cause confusion.

9 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 3:53am On Sep 29, 2015
May be he and his family members will not accept it?

4 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by LoveMachine(m): 3:53am On Sep 29, 2015
HungerBAD:

Out of Spite, for the President, you are telling the Ibo Nation not to accept any Ministerial position. Hopefully, there are Ibo people out there, who can stare you straight in the eyes, and tell you, your advice stinks like those toilets at Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) Ife.

The Ibo's rejecting Ministerial Positions, is tantamount to them committing a political Harakiri.

But, if they insist they don't want. Then the more Ministerial positions for other regions,the merrier. I know the Ibo's are very smart, and will not follow another man BLINDLY. Not especially after the Ojukwu Debacle of the 60's.

My Eastern friends, be wise. And do not let Chief Joe Achuzie be THAT man, that wants to cause confusion.

Don't worry those old men are blowing hot air and treading water.

8 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by pet4ril(f): 4:06am On Sep 29, 2015
It has nothing to add to the economy. . Because stealing is now corruption, so it's better to thread carefully grin

4 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by DaBullIT(m): 4:08am On Sep 29, 2015
Last I checked inciting citizens against government is still a felony

9 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by nobilis: 4:12am On Sep 29, 2015
That was how they stupidly told Igbo people not to support Buhari's presidential bid and then when Buhari later won, they were among the first people to go and congratulate him and were the very first to start lobbying for positions in Buhari's government.

Now they're talking another trash.

My happiness is that no Igbo man holds any respect for that group of stupid, idiotic and self-seeking old men.

I'm not surprised, though.
After all, it is a sociocultural association, and not a sociopolitical one.

15 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 4:17am On Sep 29, 2015
DaBullIT:
Last I checked inciting citizens against government is still a felony
Incitement of citizens against government is no longer punishable in Nigeria sine GEJ's tenure

11 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 29, 2015
If una give me I go collect ooh..

I be Igbo grin

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Pavore9: 4:42am On Sep 29, 2015
Give Chief Joe Achuzie a ministerial position, he would gladly accept it and would stoutly defend that his earlier statement was 'quoted out of context'........... Chameleons! angry

9 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by MayorofLagos(m): 4:45am On Sep 29, 2015
Who listens to Ohanaeze these days?
grin grin

7 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Burger01(m): 4:48am On Sep 29, 2015
I've never seen people who are disunited, confused and direction less as these Ndigbos Ohanaezesundecided

6 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 5:14am On Sep 29, 2015
Burger01:
I've never seen people who are disunited, confused and direction less as these Ohanaezesundecided

Rephrase that statement
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by DaBullIT(m): 5:29am On Sep 29, 2015
Its Buhari now lol

at least i have read about more than 4 bloggers arrested in different parts of the country

Freedom of speech is not so free anymore , we are responsible for what we say or post
dexpee4life:

Incitement of citizens against government is no longer punishable in Nigeria sine GEJ's tenure
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Ikology(m): 5:32am On Sep 29, 2015
Please kindly highlight where it was stated that Igbo people should reject the Dullard.s ministerial appointment.
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 6:05am On Sep 29, 2015
According to the former scribe,”having known that the president has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the president. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed  minister,he or she will be a mere servant.
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him,to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the president will survive SO, IGBO SHOULD NOT TAKE MINISTERIAL POSITION".
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Jaideyone(m): 6:32am On Sep 29, 2015
I wonder when these people will stop wailing. you told your people not to vote for him and they didn't. he won and you were the first to congratulate him. he made a few appointments that didn't go your way. do you expect someone you told your people not to support to give you SGF and Chief of Staff? those positions should go to a loyalist of the president. IBO have gotten two other appointments but these phoolish divisive old men will always find a way to paint the Fulani man black. Ohaneze is a joke.
little wonder our ibo brothers are struggling to find direction. shior

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 6:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Jaideyone:
Ohaneze is a joke.
little wonder our ibo brothers are struggling to find direction. shior
Use wisdom in your comments

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by kingdompropty: 6:40am On Sep 29, 2015
Any Igbo that takes such filthy position is on his own. Arewa started it.

2 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 29, 2015
We Igbos should reject the ministerial positions

Let Buhari be given a long rope of ethno religious hypocrisy to kill himself since he believes his backward region has morw competent people grin

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by omenka(m): 6:49am On Sep 29, 2015
The man obviously forgot to give an ultimatum to all those currently engaged by the government.

...And when are they recalling Ekweramadu

I can wager my next pay cheque this man would jump at a Minister of State II offer with both hands and legs if given.

4 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by omenka(m): 6:51am On Sep 29, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
We Igbos should reject the ministerial positions

Let Buhari be given a long rope of ethno religious hypocrisy to kill himself since he believes his backward region has morw competent people grin
Tell us you won't disown your own father if his name is on that list and he contemplates rejecting the offer.

5 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2015
nobilis:
That was how they stupidly told Igbo people not to support Buhari's presidential bid and then when Buhari later won, they were among the first people to go and congratulate him and were the very first to start lobbying for positions in Buhari's government.

Now they're talking another trash.

My happiness is that no Igbo man holds any respect for that group of stupid, idiotic and self-seeking old men.

I'm not surprised, though.
After all, it is a sociocultural association, and not a sociopolitical one.

If the election is repeated , we will vote GEJ again.

The light you enjoy today is Jonathan's slight

True or False.

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 29, 2015
omenka:
Tell us you won't disown your own father if his name is on that list and he contemplates rejecting the offer.

My family had rejected positions of such before. cool

2 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

If the election is repeated , we will vote GEJ again.

The light you enjoy today is Jonathan's slight

That is A BIG TRUTH

True or False.
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by lincolnj88: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2015
hmmm
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Beremx(f): 7:01am On Sep 29, 2015
These ediots should stop disgracing the Igbo race with their incessant wailings.

Ndi obe akwa!

4 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by ishiamu(m): 7:03am On Sep 29, 2015
Beremx:
These ediots should stop disgracing the Igbo race with their incessant wailings.

Ndi obe akwa!

Rule 15 broken. Lalasticlala seun ishilove
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by dexpee4life(m): 7:07am On Sep 29, 2015
[quote author=ishiamu post=38484337]

Rule 15 broken. Lalasticlala seun ishilove [/quote
Copied
Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2015
HungerBAD:

YORUBASTARD,You dont have any eastern friend , you are a snake.... when one Ohaneze youth group said Igbos should not leave Nigeria you were here Jubilating, this one said we should not be part of this Zoological government you are here crying.... yet your HATRED for the IGBOS Nation is impeccable with passion, what an IRONY

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Onyejiuwaokoh: 7:14am On Sep 29, 2015
The north and Buhari don't believe in oneness and unity of Nigeria, they are only interested in oil and wealth of this nation. They openly tell non hausas in their land to go back to their states of origin, see how they hijacked the leadership of the national Assembly both lower and upper chamber, even their so called allies were tactically cornered by the side.

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 29, 2015
Beremx:

Ndi obe akwa!

He knows the Igbos he is talking about not ppl like NGIGE and Okorohausa.... he can double as a minister and a governor and efuluefu like you can support them, nobody will question them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar's Daughters' Wedding / Nigeria: The Wakanda That Could Have Been / Breaking: Court Declares Senator Hope Uzodinma Wanted (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.