Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 (114354 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Soso990240(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=kheni28 post=38795518]. Omo i too like dat guy..plays ball wit full confidenc.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Flexiano(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
SalC:
Congo go kill Nigeria today
R.I.P NAIJA.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Nellybii: 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Empredboy:

talking and analysing football in the studio is different from coaching a team. oliseh the
way u are going supersport will not want to take u back oooo. played 4,win 1,draw 1
lost 2. total points 4points out of 12.

He played 3, draw 1, lost 1 and won 1 so wait till we lose our next match before announcing results.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by shosky1794: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mprepz:

WTF!! Are you this deluded!! Do you even know his club!! He has been their no.1 for the past like 3 seasons!! Undropped and untouched and he even has the highest number of clean sheets in his league

Must you kids insult before making your point.

To answer you, you don't know more than I know when it comes to his performance at club level. Musa has been a contant performer for his club too in the last 2-3 years playing in the Champions League and winning laurels for his club. What has Enyeama won at club level in those 3 years you talked about and please he doesn't have the highest number of clean sheets in the French league as you talked. He was very close but he didn't break the record. Get your facts right.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Harmony10: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
andyanders:

An input from a man who reason with his anus.

Read my post carefully. I got you covered. You are a fan who allow his emotions to get a better part of him. As a fan it's allowed you can be forgiven.

wink
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Empredboy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Those who think enyeama messed up should not blame him instead his coach who is also the manager cos that is what they call them. Oliseh been the manager of his players ought to know that every player won't reason like him but he has to use their ways of reasoning to get his result. Oliseh should have overlooked enyeama outburst and field him in the match then stop to invite him then that will make Musa comfortable but with what he had done he has
1 put himself into a lot of pressure to perform without enyeama.
2 all eyes will be on Musa and pressure too will step in.
3 senior players of enyeama click will likely sabotage the team just to make oliseh lose his job..
4 he has started losing fans confidence

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Empredboy(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nellybii:

He played 3, draw 1, lost 1 and won 1 so wait till we lose our next match before announcing results.
so u think this fowl will get a draw against the Lions even Eagles can't fight the lion talk less of a fowl. Ask the Eagles of old.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by HHANDM: 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ekaka1:

I have followed both coach oliseh's side of the story and that of Oliseh.
Oliseh made his choice of a new capt and explained his decision to the press . He also said He told the team he did not want to take questions or entertain comments.
Enyeama's version of that story correlates with Hia coach except that He insisted He wanted to say something since this was about him. Oliseh then ordered him to sit down or get out otherwise they will leave the meeting room for him.
Enyeama did not behave well by ultimately walking out but Oliseh has not managed the issue well at all!

Like I said earlier on another thread oliseh should have applied wisdom in handling the matter but preferred wielding the big stick as a deterrent which may eventually lead to his undoing.

Though enyeama may be at fault but what oliseh did is akin to striking the shepherd which is not a wise decision in such situation.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
shosky1794:

Must you kids insult before making your point.

To answer you, you don't know more than I know when it comes to his performance at club level. Musa has been a contant performer for his club too in the last 2-3 years playing in the Champions League and winning laurels for his club. What has Enyeama won at club level in those 3 years you talked about and please he doesn't have the highest number of clean sheets in the French league as you talked. He was very close but he didn't break the record. Get your facts right.

Old man!! , the record he almost broke was the longest mins without conceding a goal and in the. Last 3 seasons he has the highest number of clean sheet!!

Get that into your dull brain!
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by GreatEngineer(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Everything in Nigeria is politics, immediately Buhari won, they start to fix match for kaduna to please him, now they want to give his brother captain to please him, was he the second in command. All these nonsense will not pay us.
I weep for this country sha.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Yujin(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
I rarely make careless statements. Oliseh a politician and not a coach. His tenure will be the worst of all local coaches. Mark this quote.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
dhappyking:
Enyama just spoke on his side of the story on Channels television . I was touched by his words. Truth be told, our local coaches have issues in managing the big boys in the team. And that is destroying the game for this country. Is it Amodu or Siasia or even recently Keshi and now Oliseh? how about the Iheanacho sitting on the bench through a tournament only to go back to Man City to be played in the first team and even score. Shame on our egoes. For goodness sake a good coach should play his enemy if he will give him results. Nigerians expect results not politics from coaches.
It is only the foreigners that can choose the best team and shelve their ego. They know that it is the players that pay their bills and not the other way. Another thing that was obvious from his interview is that Enyama is still willing and committed to playing for the National team if the circumstances are right.

God will surely bless you..

This is the only sensible post I've read tonight

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by ihedioramma: 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Empredboy:
Those who think enyeama messed up should not blame him instead his coach who is also the manager cos that is what they call them. Oliseh been the manager of his players ought to know that every player won't reason like him but he has to use their ways of reasoning to get his result. Oliseh should have overlooked enyeama outburst and field him in the match then stop to invite him then that will make Musa comfortable but with what he had done he has
1 put himself into a lot of pressure to perform without enyeama.
2 all eyes will be on Musa and pressure too will step in.
3 senior players of enyeama click will likely sabotage the team just to make oliseh lose his job..
4 he has started losing fans confidence
boy that is truth . nigerians will tell him to call the man back and he will do but enyeama will make ten much money befor coming . mikel e.t.c did there own but was call back .
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Nellypy: 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh u neva c something
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by vislabraye(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
successinlife:
We don't like truth in Nigeria. It will continue to hunt us till we come to good reasoning and value what we have.Sorry if it pains alot of people but i will repeat it to whoever that cares to listen to the truth. SIASIA is the best indigenous coach we have,nobody is perfect but if you know football a little you will agree with me that,Siasia team score goals,the midfield is compact,his headache then was defense and i believe he would have got it right before he was fired.No African country defeated his team during his short spell as the super eagles coach.Mind you,i don't know Siasia for nowhere but if we continue like this,Chad will defeat the super eagles,God forbid though.

Siasia was a good coach but he was not just lucky. I believe he would have done well if he had stayed longer.
As for now, Keshi is still the best indigenous coach based on hid achievements. When Oliseh was appointed, I felt it was not the best choice for obvious reasons. People were quick to say he would do better than Keshi but the forget that Keshi did not become a SE coach overnight. He understudied someone.
Oliseh should take it easy. Afterall, when he was a player, he was a rebel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Miscellaneous(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
at this point, oyibo is the only way wether you people like it or not. Nigerian coaches have proven themselves to be sentimental, biased, petty, arrogant phucks that place self glory over team success. We need a neutral person

No. Every1 is all those you listed. It all bores down to the degree displayed. . . . We know they are better than we silly blacks but must you rub it in all spheres of our environment? When do we ever get to try until we bring the best out of ourselves, ehh ? The time is ticking . . . . I still remember when Lars Laggerback brought us back home during that tournament. Pls a foreign coach will help us but for how long do we depend on them? I still believe no coach in the world would have been able to stimulate the 2013 team to win that cup. . .there are better keshi in nigeria, better messi and better all. . . .only if we keep on trying and act like boss to these oyibo folks we will continue to play IInd fiddle.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by dckng16(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
It's about Damn Time we Hire a Foreign Coach with good quality pedigree or else we won't qualify for Nations cup and world cup
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Kbs468(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
*claps* bravooo!!!!!

Now answer this Sir....

In view of who Enyeama is to the team and in view of the team's current chemistry, doesn't courtesy and "common sense" demand that Oliseh communicate his "decision on the captaincy" to Enyeama "firstly" and "privately"??

Couldn't Oliseh have taken Enyeama on a walk?? (I.e. Having a private tete-a-tete with Enyeama away from everyone's eyes and ears??)

FANS ARE DIVIDED..... SOME FOR ENYEAMA AND SOME FOR OLISEH. I'M FOR TRUTH...... AND TRUTH IS THIS:

..........OLISEH RE-DEFINED WHAT MESSING UP IS ALL ABOUT.................. "HE SCREWED UP BIG TIME"

Enyeama may have been disrespectful (and I'm sure he had his reasons....) BUT Oliseh was also "disrespectful" and "unwise".... Yeah!!! Wanna know why?

OK HERE IT IS........ SIR, NO MATTER HOW ALL THIS CHAOS TURN OUT........ "HISTORY WILL NEVER FORGIVE OLISEH" WHY AGAIN?

IT'S BECAUSE HISTORY WILL ALWAYS POINT TO THAT "CRUCIAL MOMENT" WHICH OLISEH WOULD HAVE UTILISED.......

History will ask why didn't Oliseh take Enyeama on "that walk"?? Why didn't he apply caution and wisdom by meeting with Enyeama in private??

A "true" leader should swallow his pride sometimes in order to get the results he wants....... MAN MANAGEMENT IS KEY AND OLISEH LACKS THAT............

HE MAY TURN OUT SETTING A RECORD.... AS the coach with Nigeria's "shortest ever reign as Super Eagles coach"

Note: Truth is not always bitter. Sometimes it's sweet. Sometimes it's "tasteless"

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS BUT "NONSENSE REMAINS NONSENSE EVEN WHEN SPOKEN BY SMART OR POPULAR PEOPLE"...... TRUTH CAN'T BE IGNORED FOR LONG.

GOD BLESS Y'ALL......*Big Smiles*

Guy forget wetin don pass. This is a thread for the result of the match today between Nigeria and DR Congo in Belgium. So talk about what you saw.

For me, I summarize everything I saw as below

1 Both goals can beat any goalkeeper in the world and I repeat any goalkeeper

2 The defence line today just confirmed the classification of Nigerian players as 'Average'

3 The midfield had a disconnect with the attack especially Mikel with his poor output at the end after doing everything great from the build up

4 The forward even had more chance than DR Congo but selfishness rob them off of goals. So its high time they key into the coach's philosophy of building a team and not stars by passing to the player in the best position of goal scoring.

5 Above all, there is hope from what I saw on display. Many will be commenting and crusifying the coach just because of the result relative to what transpired earlier today when they did not even watched the match

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by ststyreal(f): 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
Karlovich:
the deed has been done, even if congo spanks nigeria it won't bring enyeama back
It can bring enyeama back oooo, even if we have to apologise to him unbehalf of sunday dagborun. We all know that he left angrily. I just love that guy humility, consistency and skills.we will really miss that dude.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by shosky1794: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mprepz:

Old man!! , the record he almost broke was the longest mins without conceding a goal and in the. Last 3 seasons he has the highest number of clean sheet!!

Get that into your dull brain!

Now I see why Sixty-something year old men will continue to lead the youth wings of our various political parties because who will give positions of authority to this kind people who can even stand a simple civil argument.

I will advise that you learn how to be more civil when you are arguing with people. Nobody will give you any trophy for being abusive and it doesn't add anything to you because you don't even know who you are throwing those abusive words at. Somebody close to you in the real world could be behind that username.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
CAPTAIN MUSA!!!! Shoots the ball wide, as usual
Bad girlgringrin
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by valour13: 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
freshcvvs:

Where are the rest 10 players or do they all bear Captain Musa by name?

Lol.... grin were re oooo....in olamides voice
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
CAPTAIN MUSA!!!! Shoots the ball wide, as usual
gringrin
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by ststyreal(f): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Karlovich:
Enyeama wouldn't have saved those goals, the players probably don't have the morale to play the game well, and the entire defence is crap
Huh! How sure are u that Enyeama wouldn't have saved those goals?. Am ashamed of this global thrashing of d eagles.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
CAPTAIN MUSA!!!....Shoots wide again! Such consistency! What a leader!
gringringringrin
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by olumalcolm(m): 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mr oliseh abi wetin dem call u,u hv spoilt d moral of our players wit ur funny attitude. Fowl
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by Harmony10: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
vislabraye:

Siasia was a good coach but he was not just lucky. I believe he would have done well if he had stayed longer.
As for now, Keshi is still the best indigenous coach based on hid achievements. When Oliseh was appointed, I felt it was not the best choice for obvious reasons. People were quick to say he would do better than Keshi but the forget that Keshi did not become a SE coach overnight. He understudied someone.
Oliseh should take it easy. Afterall, when he was a player, he was a rebel.

Why do we believe so much in luck here in Nigeria!

Ok Keshi was lucky to get us the cup yet our darling super eagles were not really a force to reckon with. Our SE were not playing 'tasty' food. If we understand what quality is we will not wish for some achievements some times.

You can differentiate between the eagles that won Tunisia 94 and the one Keshi coached. The difference is clear. Many nations wanted to engage the former SE in int'l friendlies because they were true match test. Very competitive and entertaining team with lots of individual players.

Now we don't have much of individual player except Enyeama (even Mikel can't make the cut). In such a case you focus on the team effort. That was the difference btw Ivory coast and Egypt.

In my opinion like the other guy said Siasia seems like the man who knows how to work out a team from a group of players based on his way of working.

Keshi gave us a cup but not a good team who can reign for a while. I prefer the latter.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by zuggy: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
PEP GUARDIOLA of Africa is working. Lol
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by bishopDD(m): 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Karlovich:
Enyeama wouldn't have saved those goals, the players probably don't have the morale to play the game well, and the entire defence is crap
but he would have controled his defenders. Enyeama is a true leader, he would have shouted sence into their blocke thick skulls.
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by chicobaddest(m): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
[b][/b]Enyeama don go do otumokpo for naija oh
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by kiochris61(m): 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
InbornGenius:
I wonder why they chose to play the match in Belgium. sad
To open our Nyansh to the world. We should have chosen places like Chad or Ghana, but we went far away to Europe.
See Globally witnessed Bashing.
I no fit laugh,after them eat belle full...dem still go kari 2 buhaha come back [b][/b]
Re: Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 by osile2012: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
[size=18pt]set up grin grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 / Suzy Cortez Tattoos Messi’s Face On Her Groin. Messi Blocks Her On Social Media / Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.