Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei (439 Views)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose / Corrupt Nigerians Fighting Me With Stolen Wealth, Buhari Laments / Labour Must Lead Campaign For Stolen Wealth Recovery–Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by Ptimes: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in New York called on the international community to urgently redouble its efforts to strengthen mechanisms for dismantling safe havens for proceeds of corruption.

Addressing world leaders at the 70th General Assembly of the United Nations, President Buhari also urged his counterparts to do more to return stolen funds and assets to their countries of origin.

Observing that corruption, cross-border financial crimes, cyber crimes and human trafficking are major challenges of the 21st century which the international community must work collectively to overcome, President Buhari reaffirmed his administration’s determination to frontally confront the twin evils of corruption and illicit financial outflows.

“Let me reaffirm the Nigerian government’s unwavering commitment to fight corruption and illicit financial flows. By any consideration, corruption and cross border financial crimes are impediments to development, economic growth, and the realization of the well-being of citizens across the globe,” Mr. Buhari said.

“Nigeria is ready and willing to partner with international agencies and individual countries on a bilateral basis to confront crimes and corruption.

“In particular, I call upon the global community to urgently redouble efforts towards strengthening the mechanisms for dismantling safe havens for proceeds of corruption and ensuring the return of stolen funds and assets to their countries of origin.”
read more........
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190740-buhari-challenges-world-leaders-to-return-nigerias-stolen-wealth-hidden-in-their-countries.html
Re: Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by Unsad(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
I'll see what I can do
Re: Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by adedayourt(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
Working President
Re: Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by Omotayor123(f): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
Letz watch the drama unfold.
Re: Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by ernesty20(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ptimes:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in New York called on the international community to urgently redouble its efforts to strengthen mechanisms for dismantling safe havens for proceeds of corruption.

Addressing world leaders at the 70th General Assembly of the United Nations, President Buhari also urged his counterparts to do more to return stolen funds and assets to their countries of origin.

Observing that corruption, cross-border financial crimes, cyber crimes and human trafficking are major challenges of the 21st century which the international community must work collectively to overcome, President Buhari reaffirmed his administration’s determination to frontally confront the twin evils of corruption and illicit financial outflows.

“Let me reaffirm the Nigerian government’s unwavering commitment to fight corruption and illicit financial flows. By any consideration, corruption and cross border financial crimes are impediments to development, economic growth, and the realization of the well-being of citizens across the globe,” Mr. Buhari said.

“Nigeria is ready and willing to partner with international agencies and individual countries on a bilateral basis to confront crimes and corruption.

“In particular, I call upon the global community to urgently redouble efforts towards strengthening the mechanisms for dismantling safe havens for proceeds of corruption and ensuring the return of stolen funds and assets to their countries of origin.”
read more........
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190740-buhari-challenges-world-leaders-to-return-nigerias-stolen-wealth-hidden-in-their-countries.html
dull president of the zoo
Re: Buhari Challenges World Leaders To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Wealth Hidden In Thei by utytill(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
hiss...,is dat all?

(1) (Reply)

My Pledge To Nigeria @ 55 / Amnesty for B’Haram / Full Text Of Governor Fayose’s Independence day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.