Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,710 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) (30913 Views)

Rep Storms Out Of Plenary Over Motion For FG To Present Record Of Recovered Loot / Dino Melaye Wore Academic Gown To Senate Plenary Today (Photos) / Lawan, Akume Lead Anti-saraki Senators Out Of Plenary In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Ryabcool(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Best Senate President ever!
no longer David Mark? You hungry pdp supporters will never cease to amaze

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by 48noble(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sail on,the coast is clear and ur captains are now in high morale.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Bimpe29: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
The speech is so captivating and all encompassing.

In a nutshell, He said ''We must not be held down by unnecessary politicking. The enormity of our national challenges at this time does not give room for pettiness or politics of vendetta.''

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by 989900: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
CCT

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by GOODNESS2020: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
How does this affects his trial

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by tolexy007(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
laurel03:
Lagos Lion vs Kwara Emirate..... Who is going to win the fight?? With the support of officials #teamLagos may win ...
my money is on Kwara Emirate cheesy cheesy
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
As Buhari refused to sponsor pilgrims for hajj in mecca,those in kwara came up with a plan.since they could not go to mecca to stone the devil their,they decide to stone the devil in their mist.Don't bother to ask me who the devil was#gbamsmileysmileycheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by bigpsalmy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Letn the law have its course. Former senate president
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by UmarNajim: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Iton ni yen!
Justice must be done.
bigpsalmy:
Letn the law have its course. Former senate president
Iton ni yen!
Justice must be done.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by UmarNajim: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Iton ni yen! Justice must be done.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by ayeniblessing(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Muhylonaire:
why should I read a looter's speech??
why must u comment on looter's thread
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Missmossy(f): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
He looks so worn out!!!

He wasn't forced to be the minister anyway, moreover it goes beyond giving mere speeches.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
Extracts from the Great Speech by the SP

As we resume today, we must demonstrate clearly to Nigerians that we are prepared to fulfill our mandates and put Nigeria first in all that we do, no matter how we feel about anything else. To behave contrary will amount to a betrayal of the confidence repose on us by our constituencies and our country as a whole.
Sadly, some touts in the degenerated chambers failed to adhere to his admonition.

We must think hard and work hard with the Executive to achieve greater clarity in policy direction and interventions. We shall therefore commence immediately, a review of the 2015 budget and begin now to lay down the fundamental principles that would determine the 2016 budget and the philosophy of our economy in times like this.
Even the blinds can see clearly that there is no policy direction at the moment.

Like I mentioned earlier, legislative agenda must take precedent over all other things in this Senate.
Not for those whose pay masters are with their remote controls outside, putting them on play and stop modes whenever it pleases them.

We are here to proffer policy solutions and minimize hardship amongst our people. Any other objective must be secondary. The externalized distractions we have had recently have been unhelpful.
FACT

As we await the list of ministerial nominees this week, I believe the presence of ministers will create the space for greater policy engagement with the Executive Arm of government and enable us to begin to respond in a more systematic manner to the various economic and social challenges before us, especially through our various Committees that will also be constituted soon.
FACT

We must not be held down by unnecessary politicking. The enormity of our national challenges at this time does not give room for pettiness or politics of vendetta.
Sadly, some touts in the house where sent in there by their pay masters purely for the purposes of politics of vendetta

I have no iota of doubt that I am on trial today because I am the president of the Nigerian Senate, against the wishes of some powerful individuals outside this Chambers. But what is clear to me also, is that the laws of Nigeria, and the rules of the National Assembly give consideration only to the wishes and desires of those of you who are here today as members of the Senate, to elect as you wish, one of your peers as President of the Senate.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

The laws of Nigeria do not give any consideration to any other forces outside the Senate in the election of its President and to yield the ground on this note, is to be complicit in the subversion of democracy and its core principles of separation of powers as enshrined in our constitution.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

This is why we must once again, commend President Muhammadu Buhari, for refusing to interfere in the election of the National Assembly leadership even in the face of enormous pressures on him to do so. He has proven quite concretely that he is indeed a born-again democrat.
THE STATEMENT ABOVE IS INCORRECT

Ultimately, our legacies would not be defined by how long we stay here and in whatever position; but by what we did with this great opportunity that our people have given us by the grace of Almighty God.
NIGERIAN POLITICIANS DO NOT HAVE ANY POSITIVE LEGACIES SIR, EVEN YOU INCLUSIVE.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Esperooke(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
Wonders will never end. Saraki is trying to curry favour through oratory prowess...... Tell that to the marine Oga Bukola......

When you were busy syphoning Kwarans resources, you never thought of nemesis

when you converted most of Kwara State's properties to your personal belonging you forgot nemesis

Now that you have risen to higher elevation through what you know how to do best, and your past is catching up with you, you are now looking for who to blame.

I know you must be surprised when Ilorin people were shouting 'Ole!' 'Ole!' at you while pelting you with stones and sachet waters, you will be suprise not because you have not stolen from them but because you thought you have them in your pocket.

Blame Tinubu no more, Its nemesis at work.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by friends4ever(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
Too long for me to read...can someone summarise it for me...huh
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by favourlove1: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
zicoraads:
I know most of the people that have commented so far didn't even read the whole article. cheesy cheesy

Well, so far so good, a very good speech. It captured the main events in the country, Africa and the world at large. And I also love the fact that he didn't dwell too much on his trial, but also made sure the distinguished Senators understood that he is being tried because he went against the party to emerge the president of the Senate.

In a way, he is trying to tell them that 'I might be the one being hounded today, but then, it might be you tomorrow'.

That said, I can't wait for Buhari's ministerial list. May God help anyone who has a little blemish on that list. This Senate will literally chew them up and toss them out.
so true. Bukola don tey for this business. He is also smart. I love the part about his trial. He nailed it.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by favourlove1: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
LocalChamp:
The Face of Criminal Fraudster and Bank Robber Saraki
same finger u point at someone for unconfirmed accusations shall be pointed at you

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by padrey(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
Nigeria politician with this their sweet mouth tins sha... Nice speech...how i wish all what he has said d Senate are going to work on it not with just only a mouth talk....
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by 3kay945(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
I enjoyed the speech. You missed if you didn't read.
Anyway, I spotted a paragraph where it sound inciting other senators.

The author is good.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by frank442: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Easier said than done

Taking what does belong to you makes you thief

A sinner will not go unpurnish

Saraki I am putting. It to you that God is not with you again

Game over surrender your cards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by genpriest(m): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
When people say these politicians are corrupt, I wonder whether they did not vote and if they did, is it not the same politicians they are now calling corrupt. During defection, campaign and electioneering, Sen. Saraki didn't have issues, now just 'cus he is having the lions share, he is corrupt. Well, i'd love to think of them as Smart and intelligent. He has shown in his speech.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
laurel03:
Lagos Lion vs Kwara Emirate..... Who is going to win the fight?? With the support of officials #teamLagos may win ...
Many thought Goliath was going to strike david to death,but reverse was d case...
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Joshuaemenike: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Bukola Saraki is a detribalized Nigerian Leader, Apc witch hunters shld allow him to carry out his constitutional functions for d gud of our neccent democracy.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2015
eyesofgod:

We shall therefore commence immediately, a review of the 2015 budget and begin now to lay down the fundamental principles that would determine the 2016 budget and the philosophy of our economy in times like this

Bukky, your driving economic principle so far, from what I've seen , is private diversion of public funds.
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2015
frank442:
Easier said than done

Taking what does belong to you makes you thief

A sinner will not go unpurnish

Saraki I am putting. It to you that God is not with you again

Game over surrender your cards
Re: Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) by michelism(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2015
Dr. Bukola, this is what happens to someone whose vien is full of blood betrayal. The party wanted someone else for a Senate president but you played a fast one on them by showing your chameleon character to hurt the party. Now that you have bit more than you can take, you are lamenting in the Senate concerning the leaders in your party.
Thank God you know that they are 'powerful'. Next Senate President please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Adamu Ciroma / Walk For Tinubu In Kano Organized By Seyi Tinubu & Ganduje's son (Video) / Governor Rotimi Amaechi's 50th Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.