Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) (20018 Views)

Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) / Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by chesterlee(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2015
Paedophile!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by eddyslim(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2015
How that one take concern me na? Mtchew
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2015
gajerian:

But she is over 18

its not bout being 18 now, but d age diff btw d she nd d he

###SORRY BOUT DIS MEAN NO DISRESPECT.
imagine ur precious dad coms home wit an 18 nd calls her d new wife, hw u gonna feel bout it

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by salissmg(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2015
Mufasa27:
Bunch of terrorist
take a look at ur self b4 commenting on someone. This man has gone far beyoung ur expectations and I believe taking a leave out of ur arrogance and been illitrate will help you enongh to understand much about socio cultural way of living.
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Naff24(f): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2015
Mutuwa:
long live the king..

HRH MUHAMMADU SANUSI II's RESPONSE TO HIS MARRIAGE WITH 18 YEARS OLD PRINCESS.

" I am sure NC members all have their views and have kept quiet out of (appropriate) deference to our right to make our individual choice.
Obviously, I do not need to explain anything to anyone in a purely personal matter but a few points are worthy of note:

1. The lady in question is 18 and therefore legally of age to marry under all laws and certainly under Muslim law.

2. She is proceeding for her undergraduate education in the UK in January. She had an A in computer science in her O levels and plans to get a degree in computer science.

3. each and everyone of my wives is a university graduate and some have worked and then stopped and in each case the choice was purely theirs.

4. It is a tradition in Kano that emirs and princes in choosing wives consider issues beyond the individual. The family is in every sense a social unit. My predecessor was married to princesses from Ilorin, Katsina and Sokoto.

5. The relationship between the late Lamido of Adamawa Aliyu Musdafa the father of the current Lamido is well known. Lamido Aliyu was the first Emir turbaned after Emir Sanusi I and they remained close until Sanusi's death.

6. My own relationship with the current Lamido dates back to 1981 when he was Ciroma and commissioner for works. By the way the Lamido and I are not illiterates we know what we are doing and he does have a PhD in Engineering.

7. My own mother was married in Adamawa and
lived there for more than two decades and I have eight younger brothers and sisters from there.

8. it is therefore natural that if I choose to marry from another kingdom Adamawa would be the first choice for me and I am extremely happy to strengthen these long historical bonds.

9. The young lady in question gave her free consent and even after the contract the wedding will not happen for a few years. By then she may be 21. If she freely consents to this I do not know on what moral grounds anyone has a grouse. She is an adult, she gave her consent, her education is not being in anyway interrupted.

10. The real issue is that people do not accept cultural difference. And you can see it in the approach to these issues. I am supposed to be urbane and western educated. Yes but i am not European. I am a northern Nigerian Fulani Muslim brought up in a setting exactly like the one my children are being brought up in.

If you read this and it improves your understanding of this issue that is fine. If it does not just remember it is gbnot your life, it is not your daughter and you are not my wife therefore it is not your business.
I obviously cannot stoop to the level of responding publicly to these kinds of articles. I have always been an advocate of girls marrying after maturing. I personally like the minimum age of 18 even though i understand those who say 16 is fine and indeed this is the law in most so called @advanced@ countries. Is this something that I expect a European or western trained or feminist mind to appreciate or endorse? Not at all. But has any american been bothered about my views on men marrying men or women marrying women which frankly I find primitive and bestial? No and my views do not matter. These are cultural issue.

Even in Nigeria I have heard all this stuff as in Pius article about "north" and northerners. Again it is a failure to respect difference. There are parts if this country where parents expect their daughters to live with their boyfriends for years and actually get pregnant before they marry. It has become culture. We do not have that in the north and if your daughter gets pregnant before marriage she brings nothing but shame to the name. But we do not issue condemnations. We agree that this is how they choose to live. And i can give many other examples.

When people use the term libido they do themselves injustice. First of all it shows how they view women and marriage. Women are nothing but the object of sexual desire. Marriage is nothing but sexual gratification. Well I am sorry but in my tradition it is not. Beauty and attraction rank third after religion and lineage in the choice of a wife. They see an 18 year old young lady. I see a princess of noble birth whose mother is also a princess, and who has been brought up in a good Muslim home. This is the kind of woman that is prepared for hiving birth to princes and bringing them up for the role expected of them in society.

Marriage is both social and political. Expanding the links of Kano which have already been established by my predecessors through
intermarriage with Katsina, sokoto, Ilorin, Katagum, Ningi, Bauchi etc to Adamawa is an important and significant step and this is obvious to anyone with a sense of how royal families work and Ibn Khaldun's sociological concept of Asabiyyah. When the emir of Kano marries it has to be something beyond what he personally desires to what is appropriate for that position and the expectations of the people he represents. You don't just pick up any girl on the street. And by the way for those who shout libido sex is cheap and available everywhere in all shapes and sizes and all colours if that is what they want. And all ages too. Marriage is a very different proposition. The mother of your children has to be something other than, or at least much more than a mere object of sexual fantasy. But if you do not know that you need to buy yourself a brain.

I have daughters. And they know they can only marry from certain backgrounds. I always prefer family. When my daughter wanted to marry Mouftah baba Ahmed's son and she asked me, knowing my views on family, i told her Mouftah is family. And this is not about me and Mouftah or me an Hakeem or Nafiu. No. It goes back to Baba Ahmed and Emirs Sanusi and Bayero. And the same rule applies to my sons. And it applied to me as well.

It is I am sure very strange that I should even bother to comment on this. But it would be hypocritical for me to just keep quiet so long as these things are being posted and commented upon explicitly or in a snide manner.
There was no secrecy in the marriage Fatiha. The date was fixed and it was to be done in the central mosque after Friday prayers. The day before we had a tragedy in Saudi Arabia and decided the Fatiha must be very low key as a mark of respect for the dead. All traditional rulers in Adamawa were there, as were governors and commissioners, members of my own emirate council and Adamawa people. There is nothing here to hide or be apologetic about.

The emirs of Adamawa have shown love to my parents and grandparents and it is a sign of my appreciation of their love that i marry their daughter. This is the highest statement of friendship and loyalty on both sides.
Again if you understand this this is fine. If you do not buy yourself a brain, A la Pius.
Guess u were outta data or ba3 for u to knw we have read this yesterday
Ok, we yaf hear u.... Next post pls!!!
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by teadrake(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2015
Mufasa27:
Bunch of terrorist
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen -Anonymous
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 9:19am On Sep 30, 2015
adedayourt:

its not bout being 18 now, but d age diff btw d she nd d he

###SORRY BOUT DIS MEAN NO DISRESPECT.
imagine ur precious dad coms home wit an 18 nd calls her d new wife, hw u gonna feel bout it
what do you mean?...what is coerced into it?...No!!....is she of age ?...Yes!!!..are both families hppy bout it?.. Big Yes!!!...if you don't like it..move on..dis man owes no one an explanation!!!...let's mind our business!!!!
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by anonimi: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2015
Is this awarded to him because he has cleared his name of alleged FRAUD while he was governor at our CBN despite the protection secured for him by VP Osinbajo

barcanista:
Since I was born, I have never witness the kind of hypocrisy, double standard and demonisation that is currently perpetrated by Muhammadu Buhari, the APC, Alhaji Sanusi, Osinbajo and their "good governance crusaders" against the person of President Goodluck Jonathan, Allison Madekwe, and other government officials.

Alhajis Buhari and Sanusi and APC have been going about using every platform to talk about a "missing $20b", cheered by their hypocritical followers that pride themselves as good governance crusaders. They have deliberately gone blind over the fraud of CBN under Sanusi as outlined by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria report in February 2014.

Sanusi Indicted And Removed For Fraud
According to the report (see below) Sanusi was indicted for Gross Misconduct that bothers on fraud and financial recklessness among other offence. The FRCN subsequently advised Mr President to remove Lamido Sanusi from office for further investigation and probe after the explanation of Sanusi appeared more like a tale and outrightly illogical according to FRCN. The council indicates that the explanation provided by Sanusi is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.”

The council advised the President to exercise the powers conferred on him by Section 11(2)(f) of the CBN Act 2007 or invoke Section 11(2)(c) of the said Act “and cause the governor and the deputy governors to cease from holding office in the CBN.”

April 2014: VP-elect Yemi Osibanjo Filed Case To Stop Sanusi Probe
Rather than Sanusi to prove his innocence in court, he filed a case in Federal High Court, Lagos to STOP FRCN and Other Security Agencies from investigating and prosecuting him through three Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, Dr. Kanyinsola Ajayi and Kola Awodien.
http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=24587

13 May 2014: Lagos Judge Tshoho Grants Sanusi Prayers
High Court Judge John Tshoho rather than uphold the constitutional powers of FRCN to investigate probe Sanusi, he granted the prayers of Lamido Sanusi and BARRED FRCN from further investigation or probing Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. In his own words...
“Prejudice is very pronounced in the language of that document. The language of the briefing note (transmitted by the FRCN to the presidency) conveys a sense of the defendant desperately goading the presidency to deal with the plaintiff,”
“The plaintiff submitting himself for investigation (by FRCN) is like the cockroach finding itself in the midst of fowls. Such a cockroach cannot be innocent,”.

http://www.tv360nigeria.com/?p=11923

Despite the fact the President Jonathan commissioned PWC to audit NNPC books to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of Sanusi's claim, Buhari, APC, Sanusi and their online agents that parade themselves as good governance and anticorruption apostles have been crying blue murder but refused to comment on the FRCN report nor the APC's VP elect role in shielding Sanusi for probe.

April 26, 2015: Buhari's Display of Hypocrisy
In his usual hypocrisy, General Buahri vowed to re-visit the $20b allegation but said NOTHING about the FRCN report. In his own word... “Imagine a situation where the former CBN governor who by God ‘s grace would later become the  Emir of Kano raised an  issue of missing billions of money, not in Naira but in Dollars, $20 billion.
“What happened, instead of investigating to know whether it was true that the money was missing or not, they simply found a reason to remove him. So these are the issues we are talking about…"

Contrary to the lies of Alhaji Buhari, Sanusi wasn't removed because he raised alarm, he was removed because he was indicted by FRCN. Jonathan also never kept mute, he commissioned PWC to audit the books. Buhari was also blind to talk about prosecuting Sanusi for the CBN fraud. Perhaps the Emir is as "incorruptible" as him(Buhari)

[size=14pt]The FRCN’s report on Sanusi[/size]

The decision to suspend the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Sanusi Lamido was based on a report of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria dated June 7, 2013.

The report was made after a review of Sanusi’s response to the query issued to him by the President over the apex bank’s financial statement of 2012. His response was dated May 20, 2013.

According to a copy of the report obtained by our correspondent on Thursday, the council indicates that the explanation provided by the suspended CBN governor is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.”

The council advised the President to exercise the powers conferred on him by Section 11(2)(f) of the CBN Act 2007 or invoke Section 11(2)(c) of the said Act “and cause the governor and the deputy governors to cease from holding office in the CBN.”

The report read: The particulars of the infractions against Sanusi are:

Persistent refusal and/or negligence to comply with the Public Procurement Act in the procurement practices of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

(A) By virtue of Section 15 (1)(a) of the Public Procurement Act, the provisions of the Act are expected to comply to ‘all procurement of goods, works and services carried out by the Federal Government of Nigeria and all procurement entities.’ This definition clearly includes the Central Bank of Nigeria.

(B) It is however regrettable that the Central Bank of Nigeria, under his leadership, has refused and/or neglected to comply with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act (PPA). You will recall that one of the primary reasons for the enactment of the PPA was the need to promote transparency, competitiveness, cost of effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/the-frcns-report-on-sanusi/
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Naff24(f): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2015
jethro2013:
Emir of Kano here and there,is he the only man in Nigeria presently??..pls give us news that can change the price of garri and that of pure water in my area..
Even if ur father wins Trillion dis very moment, it can never change d price of garri nd pure water in ur area not to talk of Nigeria as a whole.
Na read we go read am nd pass by. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by breakeven: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2015
Award for extremism and terrorism? undecided
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
what do you mean?...what is coerced into it?...No!!....is she of age ?...Yes!!!..are both families hppy bout it?.. Big Yes!!!...if you don't like it..move on..dis man owes no one an explanation!!!...let's mind our business!!!!

dropping a comment doesnt i aint minding my biz.
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 9:24am On Sep 30, 2015
salissmg:
take a look at ur self b4 commenting on someone. This man has gone far beyoung ur expectations and I believe taking a leave out of ur arrogance and been illitrate will help you enongh to understand much about socio cultural way of living.
Lol....this comment shows how foolish you are.. And infact you even had difficult time spelling “illiterate”..... I don't talk to clowns, I prefer mature minds...
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2015
teadrake:

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen -Anonymous
Clap for yourself fool...
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Mutuwa(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2015
Naff24:

Guess u were outta data or ba3 for u to knw we have read this yesterday
Ok, we yaf hear u.... Next post pls!!!

I don't come cheap like you bimbo..
I enjoy a sustained internet access at my discretion,which I have over the decade afforded to subscribe.
this shows how cheap and irrelevant you are,writing about data...poor chump

who cares if you'v read the article? It wasn't posted for you,but for your acquaintance and to allow your intellect (if you have any) to flow and attune your inconsequential self with reality. wink
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Bambless1(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2015
uselessgoat:
THE IGBOS ARE THE ONE'S SUPPORTING BUKOLA SARAKI A yoruba/fulani MAN WHILE THEY VOTED AGAINST BUHARI WHO IS AN hausa/fulani. ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT TODAY THEY SHOUT BIAFRA, TOMORROW THEY WANT SGF. THE NEXT DAY THEY ARE BEHIND SARAKI AS SENATE PRESIDENT AS IF HE IS AN IGBO MAN. THE REASON THEY KEEP SUPPORTING THAT COMMON THIEF IS JUST A WAY OF ENSURING TINUBU'S INFLUENCE IS DIMINISHED. NO MATTER WHAT, TINUBU REMAINS THE BEST POLITICAL STRATEGIST IN NIGERIA COS HIS IDEOLOGY AND MEDIA MIGHT DEFEATED A RULING PARTY OF 16YEARS. SARAKI IS A BABY COMPARED TO TINUBU AND HE WILL BE BOOTED OUT OF THAT STOLEN SEAT BY FIRE BY FORCE. THE IGBOS CAN ONLY WATCH AND WAIL undecided undecided undecided
Right Post In A Wrong Thread Uselessgoat Indeed #OffTopic tongue

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by jethro2013(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2015
Naff24:

Even if ur father wins Trillion dis very moment, it can never change d price of garri nd pure water in ur area not to talk of Nigeria as a whole.
Na read we go read am nd pass by. tongue tongue tongue
just bcoz you lost your father when you are 2yrs old now gave you a yardstick to be insulting someone's father...watch your tongue fool...
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Forwetinnah: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2015
...yeah yeah!! Something to accompany his new wife
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by YUSUPH1986(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2015
doublewisdom:
Well deserved afterall he's an authority on Islamic terrorism.
haba! Y ar u people like dis
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by lanrehamd: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2015
doublewisdom:
Well deserved afterall he's an authority on Islamic terrorism.

Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2015
uselessgoat:
THE IGBOS ARE THE ONE'S SUPPORTING BUKOLA SARAKI A yoruba/fulani MAN WHILE THEY VOTED AGAINST BUHARI WHO IS AN hausa/fulani. ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT TODAY THEY SHOUT BIAFRA, TOMORROW THEY WANT SGF. THE NEXT DAY THEY ARE BEHIND SARAKI AS SENATE PRESIDENT AS IF HE IS AN IGBO MAN. THE REASON THEY KEEP SUPPORTING THAT COMMON THIEF IS JUST A WAY OF ENSURING TINUBU'S INFLUENCE IS DIMINISHED. NO MATTER WHAT, TINUBU REMAINS THE BEST POLITICAL STRATEGIST IN NIGERIA COS HIS IDEOLOGY AND MEDIA MIGHT DEFEATED A RULING PARTY OF 16YEARS. SARAKI IS A BABY COMPARED TO TINUBU AND HE WILL BE BOOTED OUT OF THAT STOLEN SEAT BY FIRE BY FORCE. THE IGBOS CAN ONLY WATCH AND WAIL undecided undecided undecided
KEEP RANTING LIKE A DOG WITH RABBIES, WHILE SARAKI KEEPS GATHERING MOMENTUM FOR 2019 AND HIS KIDS KEEPS ATTAINING GREATER HEIGHTS ..U MIGHT JUST DIE OF HATE FOR NDI-IGBO WHO ARE THE ECONOMIC BACKBONE OF THIS NATION....QUOTE ME AND GET A HISS
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by lanrehamd: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Bambless1:
Right Post In A Wrong Thread Uselessgoat Indeed #OffTopic tongue

it"s wot mentioning...
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by lanrehamd: 9:38am On Sep 30, 2015
remember007:
KEEP RANTING LIKE A DOG WITH RABBIES, WHILE SARAKI KEEPS GATHERING MOMENTUM FOR 2019 AND HIS KIDS KEEPS ATTAINING GREATER HEIGHTS ..U MIGHT JUST DIE OF HATE FOR NDI-IGBO WHO ARE THE ECONOMIC BACKBONE OF THIS NATION....QUOTE ME AND GET A HISS

Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Ofornaira: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2015
uselessgoat:
The reason for the support is because ur local champion whom u see as a god wants to remove him simply because he opposed his mergency as the vp.
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by teadrake(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Mufasa27:

Clap for yourself fool...
I find your condition deplorable and therefore wouldn't want to compound your pathetic state of misery.
I will be obligated not to be wasting my precious time contending issues with an advanced slowpoke like you
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 30, 2015
adedayourt:
Congrat Sir

but i still dey vex for u 4 dat child abuse mess of a thing
dnt let his dressing deceive you,the fr cbn chief is a young man 30-40
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2015
udeagbalaC:
dnt let his dressing deceive you,the fr cbn chief is a young man 30-40

dats even too old fr 18
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2015
teadrake:

I find your condition deplorable and therefore wouldn't want to compound your pathetic state of misery.
I will be obligated not to be wasting my precious time contending issues with an advanced slowpoke like you
Lol... for your mind you sabi speak english..... I can't just stop laughing at your show of shame...
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by ERAKAMUS: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2015
only a terrorist knows a terrorist.
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by hope43: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2015
adedayourt:
Congrat Sir

but i still dey vex for u 4 dat child abuse mess of a thing
so when does an 18yr old becomes a child
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
only a terrorist knows a terrorist.
why are you people always like this? I guess you might probably have a friend that's a Muslim and he'll think you're a nice guy but you aren't. The internet is not a shield for you
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by asumo12: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Congratulations Sanusi! Buh how e take concern me? lipsrsealed undecided

kiss
Re: Emir Sanusi Bags Award In Bahrain (Photos) by ERAKAMUS: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
why are you people always like this? I guess you might probably have a friend that's a Muslim and he'll think you're a nice guy but you aren't. The internet is not a shield for you
what do you mean?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Immigration Re-Opens Seme, Illela, Maigatari & Mfum Land Borders / Sunday Igboho Not Criminal – Soyinka Rebukes DSS, Buhari Govt / Photo Of President Buhari With Boss Mustapha, The New SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.