Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) (27968 Views)

Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead / Blogger Ojo Emmanuel Arrested By Hon. Adebiyi Adeleye (Pics) - Sahara Reporters / Blogger Arrested Over Facebook Post On Gov. Amosun Wife Remanded In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Dannyset(m): 7:31am On Sep 30, 2015
When somebody calls you thief openly without proof and it's damaging to ur repute, image and name, the next umbrella to hide under is "Freedom of speech"? I wonder if we truly know the difference between left and right.
This is a time where anything can be used against anybody. So it's better to clear everything openly too. But Amosun shouldn't interfere in judicial process.

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2015
What did they write about her that has resulted in the arrest of the blogger;is it up to what they wrote about mama peace.ojuyobo(dieziani) or even the so-called clueless one..? Did they ever arrest anyone? So Nigerians should not air their views abi!
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by anonimi: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2015
juicee1:
I tire o!

Is this the change we voted for? Imagine, it even happened in an APC state.

APCheat don wayo us with their FAKE promises just as their megida carry FALSE asset declaration give us.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2510983_twimg20150606110224_jpeg5c1c6f8907ece26082a279a94e87412c
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by jaybeekay(f): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2015
how pitiful! I believe other bloggers should learn to not post info at the expense of their integrity.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by whizpa(m): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2015
pappilo:
It is such a shame that 95% of people on this thread think libel is a criminal offence. Are you people illiterates or just dumb?

Anybody can say anything as long as you are not shouting fire in an airport or instigating violence.

If anyone feels aggrieved by a story, then the right thing is to go to civil court and sue for defamation/libel. The police have no business arresting a citizen journalist.

Even Jonathan did not do this.

Bruh, God will bless you. You hit the nail on the head. It doesn't matter what he has said, His rights have been violated. This could have easily been been me, you or anybody. It's a democratic government, not military.
The governor could have easily turned the left cheek, denied it or at worse, contested or sued for defamation of character.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by rio8484(m): 7:36am On Sep 30, 2015
Ghandi12:
Human right lawyers in the house should rise-up to this young man's defense. If truly he's granted bail Gov. Amosun has no locus standing under Nigerian law to effect otherwise.

How come he is being paraded in hand-cuffs as if he is Saraki that is alleged to have stolen Billions of Naira.

The Federal Government better wade into incessant misappropriation of power by State Governors. Saraki and likes are stealing and walking shoulder-high while an accused young-man is being treated as criminal without any pronouncement by the court. Interestingly TVC has not deemed it fit to air this trial live.

This is not the change we want. Actions like this are just sowing seeds for future youth revolt against the high and mighty.

The guy pushed his luck too far and the Governor isnt sparing him this time.I know how he being an agent of the previous Governor of ogun state fights dirty with APC boys on facebook and has been publishing lies about the incubent Governor ever since the administration started. I do not know him personally neither am i APC but he just pushed his media freedom too far this time, even his PDP cohorts have apportioned blames on him. I just pray the Governor tamper justice with mercy on the young dude.

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by reiddecuti: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2015
tobimillar:
As much as I detest bloggers for their lies and manufactured stories with all their "click this link for more pictures" or "click this link below for naked pix" etc, I would say categorically that the governor of ogun state governor ibikhnle amosun is a disgrace to APC.

For all I care the guy's report about the governor's wife stealing millions of dollars may be right. Why can't they sue the guy if they think he committed a crime...? why intimidate him with the police?

I will make sure I stay glued to Tvc tomorrow and call them till they pick my call...this is totally unacceptable

If this case is properly investigated, u might not be surprise that Mrs Amosun committed such crime but because her husband is in corridor of power. Wait until they leave power and disobey party rules like Saraki, then this case will be raised, then it'll be witch-hunt.
We're watchin. The truth shall be made public one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by talk2hb1(m): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2015
Where is the guy blog self?
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by banio: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2015
Even U reading, commenting and discussing about blogs will be arrested. So be careful of ur responses on social media. I have spoken
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2015
reiddecuti:

If this case is properly investigated, u might not be surprise that Mrs Amosun committed such crime but because her husband is in corridor of power. Wait until they leave power and disobey party rules like Saraki, then this case will be raised, then it'll be witch-hunt.
We're watchin. The truth shall be made public one day.
exactly bro, I know there is a small chance that it might be true... the rich oppressing the poor since 4000bc

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2015
tobimillar:
As much as I detest bloggers for their lies and manufactured stories with all their "click this link for more pictures" or "click this link below for naked pix" etc, I would say categorically that the governor of ogun state governor ibikhnle amosun is a disgrace to APC.

For all I care the guy's report about the governor's wife stealing millions of dollars may be right. Why can't they sue the guy if they think he committed a crime...? why intimidate him with the police?

I will make sure I stay glued to Tvc tomorrow and call them till they pick my call...this is totally unacceptable
If the guy is sure of his story, let him sue the state government if not, I pityThe blogger cos he is guilty of spreading falsehood, defamation of character etc. Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to say things that can incite the public or a group of people against one especially if it's false

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by intrepid: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2015
They just confirmed that bloggers can really get to them.Blogs really have tremendous impact,even though some write nonsense.

They have just lifted this guy to a certain status and its an advert for his blog,if he is smart he can cash on this and explode traffic and cash.

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Smh!
Whatever happened to freedom of expression ?

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by vivypretty(f): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2015
Uncleodi:
Freedom of Speech.
freedom of speech not freedom of slander. If he can prove that what he said is true then there is no wrong done
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by onioladele(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2015
if the governor of Ogun state is a common man, will he have act this way? otunba Gbenga Daniel is far better than senator ibikunle Amosun . The truth is that Amosun is not human friendly .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by tgmservice: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2015
Brown new sealed blackberry Q10 for just #36000. Contact me if interested on 08170736942 or BBM 29943BBB
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by histemple: 8:06am On Sep 30, 2015
Ghandi12:
Human right lawyers in the house should rise-up to this young man's defense. If truly he's granted bail Gov. Amosun has no locus standing under Nigerian law to effect otherwise.

How come he is being paraded in hand-cuffs as if he is Saraki that is alleged to have stolen Billions of Naira.

The Federal Government better wade into incessant misappropriation of power by State Governors. Saraki and likes are stealing and walking shoulder-high while an accused young-man is being treated as criminal without any pronouncement by the court. Interestingly TVC has not deemed it fit to air this trial live.

This is not the change we want. Actions like this are just sowing seeds for future youth revolt against the high and mighty.

There is need for us to establish that the blogger didn't publish a falsified, fictitious or defamatory article, before he can be assisted.

Yes! There is freedom of expression as enshrined in our constitution, but there are also laws guiding the dissemination of information. That is why you can't just write that Mr "A" is a thief if you can't legally prove it.

Anybody is free to publish ONLY what he/she can prove to be true, or risk being sued for libel/criminal defamation of character. Some people have been sued and made to pay millions as damages for this offence.

As for the handcuffs, it is not right, although not unconstitutional anyways, provided that the police can prove that the suspect tried to either evade arrest or flee from custody.

There is no gainsaying that our policing is more accusatory than investigatory. An average accused person in Nigeria is made to defend himself more than proving his innocence, and it sometimes, subject suspects to torture--------both emotional, psychological and physical.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by paralistic(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2015
jimi4us:
he should be jailed for life. so that other bloggers will learn lesson that you just don't sit in your house and be destroying peoples name with your PC. he has no case, because he's not a journalist. In abroad they have paparazi, their work is to go out of their comfort zone look for celebs snap and upload on their blogs. That's quality content. But our own people want to just sit down and kill someone reputation from their bedroom without moving a muscle.
the guy collect ya girlfriend...
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2015
juicee1:
I tire o!

Is this the change we voted for? Imagine, it even happened in an APC state.

he should have weighed the consequences before blogging, now he will be flogged. sad
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2015
sad Wetin him do? make dem free the guy NOW abeg freedom of information IS NOWWWW!
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Pataki: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2015
For those calling this guy a blogger, can you provide us his blog site?

He is not a blogger, he is someone who allowed himself to be used as a political tool on fb by OGD and his devils.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Souljaboi1: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2015
dominique:
He has posted the bail, the police has no right to keep detaining him. Amosun wants to be a military dictator or something.

This will serve as a lesson to bloggers who churn out stories without proper investigation.

We should also consider the fact that the Blogger who is reporting this could also be lying. Those guys in the picture are personnels of the Prison Service.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by busayochic: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2015
There has to be something wrong with this amosun fella.

This is the same governor that sacked teachers cos of the kind of examination questions they set.

This time he has gotten a young man arrested for posting stuff on FB. Why is the man in cuffs? Even the boko haram kingpin that was recently paraded wasn't cuffed.

Dear Ibikunle, serious minded governors that have serious work to do in their states do not have time to start chasing bloggers and school teachers around. That is not why the people of Ogun state voted for you.

See the state of roads in Ogun State.... U will not believe that state has a governor.

You just need to tune to eye report on rainbow fm (8.30am mon-fri) to listen to the cries of people living in Ogun state and how deplorable the state of the their roads are. Basic amenities are lacking in your state yet you have all the time in the world to chase bloggers and school teachers. Shame on you Sir!

1 Like

Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2015
tobimillar:

Your post is contradictory. When you think a crime has been committed, you summon the police.

I'm not defending Amosun, I'm commenting on your post.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by hibee4uall(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2015
I pity all of you shouting freedom of speech for you half knowledge. For your info, the same our Law that creates freedom of speech is the one that creates Defamation/libel and its punishments. Freedom of speech doesn't give anyone freedom to defame another person. Better ask if u don't know.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by waldigit: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2015
agohmamuda:
This aint about freedom of speech, for those asking above. His info was filled with perfidy, mendacity and decimation of character. *Dont use ur freedom to disturb others. Period.

Allow the court to use those grammar now, for the sake of civilisation
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Your post is contradictory. When you think a crime has been committed, you summon the police.

I'm not defending Amosun, I'm commenting on your post.

Really, oya I tobimillar caught juandedios stealing money and fvcking olosho at the public square..oya sue me to court...

My point is there are too many stories out there some are false or most...and that is because of freedom of speech.. everyday on Nairaland,tonyebarcanista or barcanista manufacture lies about the govt of the day and nobody arrest him...

Even AIT, NTA all made false allegations against Buhari, yes NTA and AIT are both still operating.

My point is that I don't support the nonsense the bloggers are doing but senator ibikunle amosun just proved that he is a dictator
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by davidayn(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2015
Ghandi12:

first of all ! Its called "locus standi " and this doesn't fit the context which u used it for , it simply means "right to solicit,or represent a plaintiff in court "
and again Even though lawyers r to talk , it will be all to no avail , because he's case is with the office of the executive governor of Ogun state not with Amosun , or have you forgotten a president down to councilor can't be sued while in office ..

there are other ways his lawyer could go about this though
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by Pataki: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2015
histemple:

There is need for us to establish that the blogger didn't publish a falsified, fictitious or defamatory article, before he can be assisted.

Yes! There is freedom of expression as enshrined in our constitution, but there are also laws guiding the dissemination of information. That is why you can't just write that Mr "A" is a thief if you can't legally prove it.

Anybody is free to publish ONLY what he/she can prove to be true, or risk being sued for libel/criminal defamation of character. Some people have been sued and made to pay millions as damages for this offence.

As for the handcuffs, it is not right, although not unconstitutional anyways, provided that the police can prove that the suspect tried to either evade arrest or flee from custody.

There is no gainsaying that our policing is more accusatory than investigatory. An average accused person in Nigeria is made to defend himself more than proving his innocence, and it sometimes, subject suspects to torture--------both emotional, psychological and physical.

You are very correct about the handcuffs. He was approached by a police officer and asked to report to the police station. He tried to abscond. His friends with him at that time beat up the police officer who called in for back-up.

If he claims to be innocent, why try to escape?
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by waldigit: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2015
walozanga:

Freedom of speech wen u accuse people falsely to tanesh their image
Don't highjack judiciary now. Chei there was a people.
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by bamac(m): 9:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Please anyone with the link to his news? Let's check and help him gain traffic to get enough pay to fight this battle...
Re: Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) by phameous: 9:11am On Sep 30, 2015
Uncleodi:
Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of speech? Yes
Freedom after speech?? Not guaranteed.
Naija4u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Will Win Next Year Presidential Election - Saraki Boasts / The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) / Burial Of Ime Sampson Umanah In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.