Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1085782 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Kangol99(m): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
I wan help many Youths to Dey Make Money Online like I dey I do.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cechic: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
Darkchocolate:
Congratulations to the incoming NYSC otondos ... You should all be proud of yourselves. I just finished my service year in July and I am here to answer any NYsC related questions you might have (to the best of my ability).

Camp confusions
How much you need
How to conduct or not conduct yourself wink
Activities to take up that might be beneficial in determining where you are posted to
Best CDS groups
Etc etc

Are you also a foreign student? Wondering how you will survive those 3 ghastly weeks? You are in the right place then!!!

Ask and it shall be answered!

Disclaimer: I speak from Lagos Camp experiences...other camps in other states and how they function may be different but any answer I provide should give you a general guide. I encourage you to conduct your own research and get a varied source for whatever information you seek.

P.s. Yokiti, how have you been? I've missed you like a fat kid misses cake grin

***New rule
If you want me to respond to your question, it might be advisable to NOT type in shorthand! cheesy ;DD cool

And guys...I have no idea how to access the email links. Im not ignoring you. Just post your message here and i ll try to answer it. smiley
how to skip nysc that is instead of serving you go straight for a job. how should one go about this, what to collect, and what to attach to ones CV as nysc certificate smiley
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2015
Please, my convocation is coming very soon, what's the format for writing a letter requesting for a leave?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by omosi81(f): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Pls if one graduate's at 27 and doesn't want to go for nysc can i apply for exemption.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by omachimyk(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ermmmm I.believe the long awaited 2016 batchA is in febuary abi nah march?

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by biookuta(m): 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
Is there going to nysc presidential award dis year? if yes when is it going to hold
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by nkiru91(f): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2015
Please, do camp officiials give corpers exit to leave camp? I'll be going to camp on the 25th and my university convocation ceremony comes up on the 26th. What are the chances that I'll be given exit to attend the occasion?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2015
utenwuson:
I had an accident and my left hand is affected! after d surgery I don't want any1 to c d scarf which means I don't put on short sleeves! so can I wear white longs sleeves polo on camp?

Long sleeves are allowed.

NB: Abuja camp experience

You are allowed to wear sleeves too
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by lawlarDee(f): 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
KingJB:

u didn't give feedback abt ur experience at abj camp on d thread o
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
lawlarDee:
u didn't give feedback abt ur experience at abj camp on d thread o

On Abuja thread?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ssktn: 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
How to collect NYSC Examption Certificate?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by HomaIle: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Please my friend tried to redeploy from benin back to Rivers state based on his visual impediment but instead he was sent to Enugu, please is there any sure link that can get him down to Rivers state from Enugu?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by HappySmokey(m): 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingJB:

.. Pls o-- can one do his/her ppa in a private university or polytechnic?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
HappySmokey:
.. Pls o-- can one do his/her ppa in a private university or polytechnic?

Do you have a request letter from them?

Submit it when you get to camp.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by deipiero10: 8:13am On Nov 20, 2015
So I went to report to my ppa at jos north LG secretariat and was astonished at the number of coppers there (about 60 or more) in that small place. Most of us got rejected and now have to find another ppa. I'm not familiar with this area so any suggestion will be appreciated. Studied business economics and Finance.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Rossy99(f): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
nkiru91:
Please, do camp officiials give corpers exit to leave camp? I'll be going to camp on the 25th and my university convocation ceremony comes up on the 26th. What are the chances that I'll be given exit to attend the occasion?
yes,they give exit,write a letter on dt nd if possible go to camp with your convocation iv to serve as evidence,with that ur exit is guarantee
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by youngdoctor(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
please can anyone allay the procedure for exempting NYSC for a second degree while in camp??.
Thanks in advance
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by holuwatoseen22: 11:37am On Nov 23, 2015
Who wants to win a galaxy s6 edge?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
omosi81:
Pls if one graduate's at 27 and doesn't want to go for nysc can i apply for exemption.

You are only exempted if you graduated at 30 (first degree).you should have just prolonged it for 3more years grin
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
holuwatoseen22:
Who wants to win a galaxy s6 edge?

What phone do you use? If it ain't a galaxy 6, iPhone 6 or that Samsung with curved edges, feel free to gerrarahia! angry

3 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cleanman(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2015
ssktn:
How to collect NYSC Examption Certificate?
Hello. Please guys with insight should please help on this exemption letter collection issue.
I'm supposed to go for posting with the recent batch B'15 but was exempted due to age issue.
I still have the message on my NYSC portal dash board("your Exemption certificate is being processed"wink
Please how do we go about the collection? and how do we know when its ready?.

please kindly help good Nigerians.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Adeyemi0(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2015
Kangol99:
I wan help many Youths to Dey Make Money Online like I dey I do.
i'm fully interested bro..need more light.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by IghravweIG(m): 11:23am On Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for the good work @Dark chocolate. My question relates to; The issue of choosing from 3 states. Can one chose a state from his geopolitical zone and probably as much as two states from the same zone? I would really appreciate ur answer.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by prettyjo(f): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
there is nothing special about convocation ,so you must not attend.unless you are going to receive a prize

3 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
IghravweIG:
Thanks for the good work @Dark chocolate. My question relates to; The issue of choosing from 3 states. Can one chose a state from his geopolitical zone and probably as much as two states from the same zone? I would really appreciate ur answer.

I believe you can choose any state you like as long as its available. Choosing a state does not by no means guarantee you being posted there. Its probably all a Russ by NYSC to make people think they have some sort of influence in where to serve when they probably don't. ..except by God or man-made connections obviously!!! grin
Goodluck though

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by WoleJibbs: 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Please is there any grave consequence for going to camp a day late. Like camp for stream II Batch B opens 25th but one wants to go on 26th. Is there any consequence for that?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
Darkchocolate:

I believe you can choose any state you like as long as its available. Choosing a state does not by no means guarantee you being posted there. Its probably all a Russ by NYSC to make people think they have some sort of influence in where to serve when they probably don't. ..except by God or man-made connections obviously!!! grin
Goodluck though
choice of states work. SomeOne will only miss his/her choice of states as a result of either of the following:

1. if he or she pick more than one state from a geo-political zone.

2. If only one state is picked.

3. If the states picked are occupied i.e when there is romour that some states are no longer available for selection. If someone pick them when they eventually resurface, you might not be posted there.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Godsglory4: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
EMPOWERMENT FOR NYSC!!!
Are you a Youth Corp member?
Or Do you know any NYSC Member?
Still Serving or finished serving?
Are u still thinking about what is next?
And you want to start something now so that you will not join the "ALREADY SATURATED LABOUR MARKET".
Then, keep Saturday, 28th November, 2015 OPEN as massive NYSC Empowerment Scheme will rock the City of Lagos.
Venue: Prestigious Eagle Hall 21/23, Aromire Avenue, off Allen Bus stop, Ikeja, Lagos.
Time: 10am prompt.
For IV and Seat Reservation: Send/whatsapp "Reserve" with your Name, Phone no. & Gender to o8185760468. (Limited IV & Seat Reservation available).
Gate Fee: FREE but strictly by Invitation.
Opportunity is missed by most CORPERS because it is dressed in Uniform & looks like work!

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
I highly doubt it. ...but if you say so.

Abdul4trust1:
choice of states work. SomeOne will only miss his/her choice of states as a result of either of the following:

1. if he or she pick more than one state from a geo-political zone.

2. If only one state is picked.

3. If the states picked are occupied i.e when there is romour that some states are no longer available for selection. If someone pick them when they eventually resurface, you might not be posted there.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
WoleJibbs:
Please is there any grave consequence for going to camp a day late. Like camp for stream II Batch B opens 25th but one wants to go on 26th. Is there any consequence for that?

No massive consequence except Triple registration stress
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Darkchocolate:
I highly doubt it. ...but if you say so.

it's a fact madam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.