Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1068029 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
unlimitedelite:
Just 5 more days to go for 2015 Batch B PCM
To work on your posting to your favorite states apart from Lagos and FCT both are filled up now ,
Age exemption and
NYSC exclusion problems

NO more FCT and LAGOS available...
. 5days to go? Are you a magician? And which other States are really favourites though apart from Lagos and FCT... Better go and open your own thread before I sweep you outta here... angry

8 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Meklex(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Well... The older the wine, the ... Bla bla bla (Can't remember the rest but I'm sure you know it) smiley
..... The better it tastes, me sef like 'em vintage.
My name na Meklex, I am still myself and I like you,, talk your own grin cheesy
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Chomzy19(f): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

1. OBS is one of the popular most sort after groups and getting into it can be tough. Are you an engineer, DJ, or have any other technical skills that can benefit them? Your entry might be easy... If not, you might have to compete for a place (re the announcers, editors, etc)... It depends on your camp really. I know we had to do writing essay competitions for those who wanted to get into our Lagos obs...we had over 100 applicants!

2. 2nd week, I believe! Depends on your camp too. So have enough to see you through the 3rd week in case it isn't paid till then. Besides, most camps have portable ATM machines. You can always withdraw money if you are running short!
oh thanks. Did nt know there were atm machines there.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by freegaza(m): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
1. Is there a place to watch football/Movies(say a cinema )? 2. I studied Agric. can i be still posted to a school? Am an introvert i don't like been in a crowd

4 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chomzy19:
oh thanks. Did nt know there were atm machines there.

In Lagos there is...don't know about others though
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
freegaza:
1. Is there a place to watch football/Movies(say a cinema )? 2. I studied Agric. can i be still posted to a school? Am an introvert i don't like been in a crowd

You don't like crowds Are you sure NySc camp is for you? grin

In Lagos camp, they did set up a television that plays the football (if in season) or a movie every now and again...I can't remember if it was every night though so I didn't watch it.

With Agric you could be posted anywhere...but default is always a school so assume you be been posted to a school as a worse case scenario (not really worse case for some people though cow they love teaching).
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jaybiz007(m): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
Good job op. I have some few questions to ask though.
1. If posted to a tertiary institution (first class), can the university provide accommodation for such corp member?
2. Is it possible to reject a posting for a better offer in a private firm.
3. Lastly, how viable do you think Abuja is for an engineering graduate?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by toyomars(m): 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
How can one scale through is such a person does not have a residential permit from the country he/she schooled in? It's a requirement one must meet when filling the online form
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Donpizzle(m): 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
adakoleagbenu:
Hi Darkchocolate. Hv a couple of questions. 1. Must d white sneakers be pure white? Az in no single logo? 2. My skool collects our I.D card b4 issuing certificates and don't give any temporary I.d. And some camps ask for I.D. With certificate and other documents are we good? 3. Does the class of degree (aside first class) determine PPA? 4. I have a degree in Geology and Mining and chose Enugu,Akwa Ibom and Lagos. Can u guess a likely PPA? 5. I'm into theatre. So will drama troupe be ideal? 6,Can I take beverages like Milk,Milo,Flakes etc to camp? 7. Will reporting early,like a day to camp be allowed? And will it ease registration stress? 8. How lively is the drama troupe in and after camp? 9. Your lips are lovely. U get any single friend for me?

jst 9 questions?? U shuld hv made it 20 nah.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by kenp20(m): 5:33am On Oct 02, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Well... The older the wine, the ... Bla bla bla (Can't remember the rest but I'm sure you know it) smiley
the older the wine the sweeter it gets
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DeNoble1(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2015
Good morning OP. My questions are few:
1 during your time, what was the interval between the day your posting came out and the camp opening date? I want to know so as to prepare well.
2.Is the camp opening date the same thing with the orientation commencement date?
3.Does one need to present any original document in the camp? If yes which and which?
Thanks.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 7:45am On Oct 02, 2015
jaybiz007:
Good job op. I have some few questions to ask though.
1. If posted to a tertiary institution (first class), can the university provide accommodation for such corp member?
2. Is it possible to reject a posting for a better offer in a private firm.
3. Lastly, how viable do you think Abuja is for an engineering graduate?
Thanks in anticipation.

1. I really don't know. I guess it will depend on the institution

2. You don't reject posting...the place you are posted to rejects you. I hope that makes sense. So you may ask them to reject you and see if they oblige. If they do, you can do to nysc secretariat with your letter of request from new company and letter of rejection from old company and see if nysc will post you to the new company. Can be a lot of hassle. Some people just come to some sort of arrangement with the old company and still work at the new place. disclaimer: always do what is legal by nysc standards. Don't come and say "DC told you so" grin

3. I have no clue. If you want to be in engineering, you should probably be aiming for states with a lot of engineering companies. I doubt Abuja is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2015
toyomars:
How can one scale through is such a person does not have a residential permit from the country he/she schooled in? It's a requirement one must meet when filling the online form

It is either you have a residential permit, are a citizen (dual) or have a student visa... Anyone of these will suffice. Abi did you sneak yourself in on a plane booth? cheesy. Goodluck wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Meklex:
..... The better it tastes, me sef like 'em vintage.
My name na Meklex, I am still myself and I like you,, talk your own grin cheesy

Awwww.... How lovely ... smiley

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2015
kenp20:
the older the wine the sweeter it gets

Thanks for completing it for me. wink
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2015
DeNoble1:
Good morning OP. My questions are few:
1 during your time, what was the interval between the day your posting came out and the camp opening date? I want to know so as to prepare well.
2.Is the camp opening date the same thing with the orientation commencement date?
3.Does one need to present any original document in the camp? If yes which and which?
Thanks.

1. About a week

2. Orientation date is the day you officially start your registration and it will be on your call up letter and it is the day camp opens (technically some camp open the day before to allow for long distance folks but registration does not start till date on letter)

3. Please visit nysc website for the complete list of the documents you need and Yes, They all have to be originals.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 8:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Donpizzle:

jst 9 questions?? U shuld hv made it 20 nah.
More on d way....... .....typing.......
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2015
adakoleagbenu:
More on d way....... .....typing.......

I should start charging for anyone who wishes to ask more than 5 questions. angry
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jossy874(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2015
pls where can a computer science student be posted for ppa?

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by dejt4u(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2015
The OP is doing very well here.. Even better than most MTN customer care agents..

Keep it up..and thanks so much

7 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Meklex(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Awwww.... How lovely ... smiley
it's always lovely helping people out... You go soon receive alert
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Darkchocolate:

I should start charging for anyone who wishes to ask more than 5 questions. angry
ops ur doing a gud job here even though sum r asing silly ques,,,mi sef get que wan i want to ask 1.hw many caual wear can one take along,2.for we ladies,i heard dat color undies r obvious under white shirt xo r we to go wit only either black or white undies,3.hw fun cn d camp b?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by youngsahito(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Darkchocolate:

No... I believe you can get posted to education, rural infrastructure, health and agriculture. Your area of study also makes a huge difference in where you will eventually be posted to.

I hope this helps smiley
do dey consider ur grade b4 posting u to anywhere?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by youngsahito(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Joining the Band, winning the marching (being the best marcher abi most dedicated marcher,), OBS/Editorial&Publicity (can be very competitive), Red cross, medical team (you obviously have to be a doctor, pharmacist, nurse or something medical...don't go there is you studied fine art Ooo), ...basically any groups that are headed by a platoon inspector or nysc official or groups that facilitate the smooth sailing of camp in general and its activities ... these are the ones I'm sure of. Don't know about any others. Feel free to add to the list if you know.

Joining these groups means that the officials in charge may ask you to write down where you would like to serve and your wish could be granted.

If not, just be ready for a teaching role or have your letter of request ready.

Oluwaisaac, does this answer your question too?

There are also the VSO (if in lagos), Martial arts, drama/social, sports, HIV, Etc... These are all good groups to join.
will they allow me join d red cross group cos I was a red cross member in my uni?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ayorwizz(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
@OP...I dunno if dis is a ryt question...buh biko indulge me
Are we to go wit all white sweaters too...coz am d typ dt gets cold easy...so I definitely wuld be needing my sweaters

Den again....must it be waist pouch...coz wot I own is a small backpack....and its actually camou #whispers...hope dose sojos no go mend my life finish

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Moshmustapha(m): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sup, 1. Do I need my transcript
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by kenp20(m): 12:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Thanks for completing it for me. wink
ur welcome
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 1:38am On Oct 03, 2015
youngsahito:
do dey consider ur grade b4 posting u to anywhere?

No your grades are not considered.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2015
Moshmustapha:
Sup, 1. Do I need my transcript

Please refer to an earlier post. I believe this has already been answered by a few people.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2015
ayorwizz:
@OP...I dunno if dis is a ryt question...buh biko indulge me
Are we to go wit all white sweaters too...coz am d typ dt gets cold easy...so I definitely wuld be needing my sweaters

Den again....must it be waist pouch...coz wot I own is a small backpack....and its actually camou #whispers...hope dose sojos no go mend my life finish

Thanks in anticipation

No sweaters...white or otherwise. You khaki jacket is there for a reason. Wear it!!!

It can be a small backpack or sling over . doesn't have to be a waist pouch. As for colour, it can be any colour however I'm not sure about the army/camoflague colour because I have heard Nigerian soldiers have a big problem with non-army personnel wearing it. But...you could argue though that nysc is a para military arm of society (and corpers may be called upon to take up arms in the event of war...bet you didn't know that...hmmm) hence it may be allowed (after all, your khaki is green)... Anyways...try your luck and let us know how it goes!!! I would genuinely want to know cheesy
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2015
jossy874:
pls where can a computer science student be posted for ppa?

A school, maybe? Goodluck! wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (392) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.