Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1086299 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
DopeMonies:
nice work darkchocolate sometimes I wonder who pays you for this nice job. God will reward you and oda low key heroes around the country. I wanna ask if its compulsory to fill mobilization form with your school b4 mobilized or by jus going thru d normal clearance exercise. graduate of UNiben.
now this depends on the school. Just ask peeps in Uniben. Some school already have info of graduates but still ask them to fill the form so that they make sure every detail is correct. Some schools don't. Some schools don't even mobilize those who didn't fill mobilization form. Just ask around in Uniben and be updated
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Cent91:
Question pls.
According to the Mob time table, before when should we do our clearance in school and collect statement of result to avoid missing out? For example, is it before collation of prospective corp members' data by CPI Pls forgive me for the question is confusing.
I don't know of your school,but in most schools,clearance is independent of Mobilisation. As far as you fill mobilization form in your school(if they do) then you will be mobilized. Clearance is only done so that you can obtain your Certificate or testimonial or Statement of Result. And of course you need it in NYSC Camp. So if you don't do your clearance you can't have these documents and you cont go for NYSC even if you are mobilized
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
jayloms:

God No! but you got to admit ya lips gives us some serious imaginations

Anyways, does the service year actually last up to a year (12 months) and do corp members get off periods? if as a corp member I have some urgent activities to tend to, which will of course require me to take a leave of absence, where would be the right place to go for the LOA and how long can I be absent? If unfortunately I happen to exceed the time frame what's the worse that could happen? Please If these questions are answered on the NYSC handbook, don't stress yourself answering, I'll probably read it anyways.

Also, does NYSC regulate through its officials, the amount/kind of work given to CMs at their PPA or they just allow the employers at the PPA to do whatever they like with CMs. I'm asking cause I can't imagine being turned into a slave because of N19,500.

God bless you. cool

Service Year is approx 12Months,though its like 1 or 2 weeks short of 12months. Unless stream 2 who spend 11Months and some days..... Off periods? Hmmm... I doubt it,unless you serve in a school and they are on holiday. And in that case you are still expected to be in your state of service.... Well the off-period allowed is immediately after camp,for like 2Weeks or so,and in that case you still need to take permission before you leave. "Leave of Absence" is big english. Let's just call it "permission to travel" lol. Yes you may be permitted to travel if its urgent,even if its not really urgent. This depends on your LGI/CLO(don't worry,you'll understand meanings soon). Some are cool,kind and will allow you. Some are as if they are hell sent and won't budge. You have to apply through your LGI and also inform those in your PPA. Usual period of absence is like 2-3 Weeks and could be more,depending on the urgency,or the scope of your "lie" and your LGI... If you exceed it with due permission,no probs,but if not,you will/may be queried and this may lead to extension of service.......... Well that takes the grace of God o. NYSC does not give a shit Bleep!!... Just pray for favour at your PPA. But if your workload is unreasonably too much and you have a kind LGI,something can be done.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
benELOHIM7:
I am yet to clear, will it stop me from been mobilized? What is this mobilization about and what proactive steps can I take towards it?
Not being cleared....yet shouldn't stop you na. Just try and start the process so you can obtain your statement of result or certificate or testimonial early enough. Mobilization in schools is the collection of data of Prospective corps members by schools . Procative steps- Make sure say you no spill,make sure you fill a mobilization list if your school asks you to do so. Make sure your details are correctly sent from your dept in school to your school's Student Affairs Office.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
adakoleagbenu:
Service Year is approx 12Months,though its like 1 or 2 weeks short of 12months. Unless stream 2 who spend 11Months and some days..... Off periods? Hmmm... I doubt it,unless you serve in a school and they are on holiday. And in that case you are still expected to be in your state of service.... Well the off-period allowed is immediately after camp,for like 2Weeks or so,and in that case you still need to take permission before you leave. "Leave of Absence" is big english. Let's just call it "permission to travel" lol. Yes you may be permitted to travel if its urgent,even if its not really urgent. This depends on your LGI/CLO(don't worry,you'll understand meanings soon). Some are cool,kind and will allow you. Some are as if they are hell sent and won't budge. You have to apply through your LGI and also inform those in your PPA. Usual period of absence is like 2-3 Weeks and could be more,depending on the urgency,or the scope of your "lie" and your LGI... If you exceed it with due permission,no probs,but if not,you will/may be queried and this may lead to extension of service.......... Well that takes the grace of God o. NYSC does not give a shit Bleep!!... Just pray for favour at your PPA. But if your workload is unreasonably too much and you have a kind LGI,something can be done.

Thanks sir, you're too kind.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cent91: 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
[quote author=adakoleagbenu post=41675353] I don't know of your school,but in most schools,clearance is independent of Mobilisation. As far as you fill mobilization form in your school(if they do) then you will be mobilized. Clearance is only done so that you can obtain your Certificate or testimonial or Statement of Result. And of course you need it in NYSC Camp. So if you don't do your clearance you can't have these documents and you cont go for NYSC even if you are mobilized[/] thank you,I appreciate.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cent91: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
adakoleagbenu:
I don't know of your school,but in most schools,clearance is independent of Mobilisation. As far as you fill mobilization form in your school(if they do) then you will be mobilized. Clearance is only done so that you can obtain your Certificate or testimonial or Statement of Result. And of course you need it in NYSC Camp. So if you don't do your clearance you can't have these documents and you cont go for NYSC even if you are mobilized
Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by lekside05(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good evening Mr adekoleagbenu, nice job u are doing here.. my prayer is that God will reward u and perfect everything that concerns u..
I check my admission status on jamb site and it was showing "no admission given yet" I checked my result, it's intact.. my question now is that hope my admission status on jamb Will not affect my mobilization process... cos I heard someone saying something like jamb regularization.. kindly advice me on what to do... thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by katerine7(f): 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
Darkchocolate:

I believe you will need your certificate to register. That is what shows you are a graduate after all and eligible for nysc!!! You friend needs to get her certificate. I don't know if they will even let her sign up without it. They might admit her temporarily on the condition that she presents her certificate by the end of the first registration week. (You have to be sworn in as a nysc-ite to be decamped though...so can't get decamped if you aren't registered in the first place). She should really get her institution to release it or find out why they are not ...and make efforts to remedy the situation. Goodluck

I think she can go with her statement of result because my sister went with her statement of result
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
lekside05:
Good evening Mr adekoleagbenu, nice job u are doing here.. my prayer is that God will reward u and perfect everything that concerns u..
I check my admission status on jamb site and it was showing "no admission given yet" I checked my result, it's intact.. my question now is that hope my admission status on jamb Will not affect my mobilization process... cos I heard someone saying something like jamb regularization.. kindly advice me on what to do... thanks
ahh! A Huge Amen to that. Well,the job is mostly done by darkchocolate though.(Shallat to you dc). I just try to "ease" her "workload". Well,one thing I can say is that NYSC does not need your admission letter,also they don't need your course of study from JAMB as they can readily obtain your course of study when you institution submits it to them. What NYSC needs is a VALID Jamb no. They crosscheck it with Jamb database to obtain your full Names,Age/date of birth and State Of Origin. From what you wrote,it means you wrote and passed JAMB right? If yes,when you were registering,you supplied the details like name,state,dob, etc. So they are in JAMB database already. This is what NYSC obtains. I'm trying to explain because so many prospective corps members are making JAMB richer by the second. I'm a batch B corps member serving in Lagos and my admission status also reads "no admission yet". I couldn't even check my result,and yet I had no issues with JAMB number. Its mainly those who paid through their schools and didn't update their JAMB status that usually have Jamb no issues. I'm not advising you to forget about regularization. Just do it to be on the safer side. Or take the risk like me!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Abegg wetin b d alawee for akwa ibom delta lagos bayelsa
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by torpedodaezy(f): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2016
How many batches do we have this year
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cent91: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2016
From the reports we've gathered-there should be three(3) batches this year.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Topekay(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
Please if one registers the same day the nysc portal is opened, is it possible to choose 3 states, all from the same geo-political zone?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by An0nimus: 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hello Darkchocolate and others, for someone that missed his batch but had already done all the clearance and online registration how does he reapply again?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
katerine7:

I think she can go with her statement of result because my sister went with her statement of result

Alright. Thank you smiley
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
tuffpivot:
Abegg wetin b d alawee for akwa ibom delta lagos bayelsa

I believe all states in Nigeria should pay the standard federal state allowance (unless your state decides to skim a little off the top). Your individual ppa pay may vary though.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
ThNn youuu...I definitely need patient people like you to help me out...otherwise I would have just stopped at page one. grin

adakoleagbenu:
ahh! A Huge Amen to that. Well,the job is mostly done by darkchocolate though.(Shallat to you dc). I just try to "ease" her "workload". Well,one thing I can say is that NYSC does not need your admission letter,also they don't need your course of study from JAMB as they can readily obtain your course of study when you institution submits it to them. What NYSC needs is a VALID Jamb no. They crosscheck it with Jamb database to obtain your full Names,Age/date of birth and State Of Origin. From what you wrote,it means you wrote and passed JAMB right? If yes,when you were registering,you supplied the details like name,state,dob, etc. So they are in JAMB database already. This is what NYSC obtains. I'm trying to explain because so many prospective corps members are making JAMB richer by the second. I'm a batch B corps member serving in Lagos and my admission status also reads "no admission yet". I couldn't even check my result,and yet I had no issues with JAMB number. Its mainly those who paid through their schools and didn't update their JAMB status that usually have Jamb no issues. I'm not advising you to forget about regularization. Just do it to be on the safer side. Or take the risk like me!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
This thread has been so helpful
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
Darkchocolate:
ThNn youuu...I definitely need patient people like you to help me out...otherwise I would have just stopped at page one. grin

loll... Happy to help
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
adakoleagbenu:
loll... Happy to help

Pls bro, if it's not too much trouble, can you just help with a brief description of how d rooms in camp (at least ur camp) are structured.

I'm sort of picturing, worst case scenario, a room/hall with two tier bunks, no locker to keep stuffs and also like 20+ occupants. Am I right?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by An0nimus: 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
An0nimus:
Hello Darkchocolate and others, for someone that missed his batch but had already done all the clearance and online registration how does he reapply again?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by lekside05(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
adakoleagbenu:
Thanks a bunch...
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=An0nimus post=41824404][/quote] you are to do Registration for Revalidation' which is required only for corps members that have been deployed in a previous NYSC batch but did not go to camp.... You should be able to do this online... You should see in when the nysc site open for registration. Still call NYSC helplines sha o. This is just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
jayloms:

Pls bro, if it's not too much trouble, can you just help with a brief description of how d rooms in camp (at least ur camp) are structured.

I'm sort of picturing, worst case scenario, a room/hall with two tier bunks, no locker to keep stuffs and also like 20+ occupants. Am I right?
to be mentally prepared,just picture the worse. In some camps there aren't even bunks and you'll just put your mattresses on the floor. Some camps have smaller rooms crowded,and some camps have larger rooms crowded!! Some camps don't even have toilet/bathroom facilities. I had my orientation course(camp) in Lagos and the camp has rooms divided into rooms with almost 30people in a room,the rooms also had two tier bunks and there were wardrobes to put your possessions in too,though this didn't go round everyone in a room,only those who came to camp early enough. Lagos camp has running water and the toilets (WC) were working,also the bathrooms had showers working too with significant hours of electricity,especially at evenings/nights. Guess we were lucky!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
adakoleagbenu:
to be mentally prepared,just picture the worse. In some camps there aren't even bunks and you'll just put your mattresses on the floor. Some camps have smaller rooms crowded,and some camps have larger rooms crowded!! Some camps don't even have toilet/bathroom facilities. I had my orientation course(camp) in Lagos and the camp has rooms divided into rooms with almost 30people in a room,the rooms also had two tier bunks and there were wardrobes to put your possessions in too,though this didn't go round everyone in a room,only those who came to camp early enough. Lagos camp has running water and the toilets (WC) were working,also the bathrooms had showers working too with significant hours of electricity,especially at evenings/nights. Guess we were lucky!

Chai!! my zeal to go this camp don dey die small small O. Anyways, Tanx boss, you're one of a kind.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
adakoleagbenu:

Chai!! my zeal to go this camp don dey die small small O. Anyways, Tanx boss, you're one of a kind. cool
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=kapablefrank post=41818655]Pls I need urgent answer. My friend is seriously at cross road.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by abumuhammad19: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
hi. Pls i have a very big problem that needs urgent answer. I ws mobilised for the 2015 batch B, but i did not knw till last week. I havent registered, not collected my call up, iv done nothing. But i can still see my name in NYSC portal. I went to my school they said i should just wait for the time for registration and just go ahead and register. Please i want to know more about my situation cuz i dont want to miss 2016 batch A.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=kapablefrank post=41856127][/quote] what did he use for his NECO result? And why so many discrepancies in year of birth? Na wa o. I think if he used the 1986 in NECO,he may not have a problem,but I not certain at all. They usually use WAEC scratch cards to correct it. I don't know of NECO. In any case,you may have to wait till online reg starts. If you log in and see "exemption letter is being processed" then you may have to correct it. Best thing is to call NYSC Helplines or continue asking via their twitter handle @nysc_ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.