Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (1790 Views)

Ben Ayade: 'I Married My Wife A Virgin' / MKO Abiola’s Grave 18 Years After (Photos) / MKO Abiola's Grave 18 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by midolian(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1NhbnVzaWVxYWV3cWUuanBnfDY2MA==[/img]
54-years old Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi II has explained why he took an 18-years old princess from Adamawa as his new wife.

The said response was posted by the Emir in a private mail group and not initially meant for public consumption, but The Paradigm laid hold of the response and decided to publish.

Find his response below:

“I am sure NC members all have their views and have kept quiet out of (appropriate) deference to our right to make our individual choice. Obviously I do not need to explain anything to anyone in a purely personal matter but a few points are worthy of note:

1. The lady in question is 18 and therefore legally of age to marry under all laws and certainly under Muslim law

2. She is proceeding for her undergraduate education in the UK in January. She had an A in computer science in her O levels and plans to get a degree in computer science

3 each and everyone of my wives is a university graduate and some have worked and often stopped and in each case the choice was purely theirs

4. It is a tradition in Kano that emirs and princes in choosing wives consider issues beyond the individual. The family is in every sense a social unit. My predecessor was married to princesses from Ilorin, Katsina and Somoto

5 The relationship between the late Lamido of Adamawa Aliyu Musdafa the father of the current Lamido is well known. Lamido Aliyu was the first emir turbanned after emir Sanusi I and they remained close until Sanusi’s death.

6. My own relationship with the current Lamido dates back to 1981 when he was Ciroma and commissioner for works. By the way the Lamido and I are not illiterates we know what we are doing and he does have a PhD in Engineering

7. My own mother was married in Adamawa and lived there for more than two decades and I have eight younger brothers and sisters from there

8. it is therefore natural that if I choose to marry from another kingdom Adamawa would be the first choice for me and I am extremely happy to strengthen these ling historical bonds

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/36159/56/why-i-married-18-years-old-princess-54-years-old-e.html

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by HungerBAD: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
First he leaked this article to the press himself.

In as much as the girl in question, is legally right to get married, even if she was coerced, forced or willingly walked into it.

The two things that disturbs me here is (A) the age difference (B) the Religious undertone.

The only reason I detest the likes of Ojukwu, Iwuanyanwu, and now this Emir, is the simple reason that they practice what I call a modern day, Sex Slave Trade with minors.

You can call it any name like I.e marriage, but the truth is, the pedophilia instinct in this men, is what pushes them to babies that could be their Grand Kids.

Reminds me of the owner of Playboy Magazine, who is the only legal pedophile in the United States.

Even if he is in his 70 ' s , he some how happen to attract girls just turning 18, to become play girls in his perverted mansion.

And then there is the Religious part. I don't know why people who practice Islam, think it is their right to be modern day pedophiles.

Especially in the Northern part of Nigeria, like Zamfara and Kano, and they do it while claiming some irrelevant part of the Quran.

And we wonder why those Child Brides of the North, die of V.V.F more than anywhere in the World.

I don't care what anybody says.

The Emir of Kano is a pervert.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Kastonkastroll(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
I believe people judging you are hypocrites and what not. My mum(a Yoruba woman) got married when she was 18 and same thing happened to her sisters. In Nigeria where teenagers of 15, 16 get pregnant anyhow, under their parents roof and watch, I don't know what moral justification some people have to judge a man marrying a girl of 18yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by epatant(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
lipsrsealed mouth seal, wetin concern me
Re: Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by absoluteSuccess: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Overhyped
Re: Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by midolian(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
Sanusi shouldn't have replied the hypocrites that criticized him on social media (twitter especially)

1 Like

Re: Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by baralatie(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
midolian:
Sanusi shouldn't have replied the hypocrites that criticized him on social media (twitter especially)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘Only Ijawland Is In The Niger Delta And We Are Biafrans’ -Asari Dokubo / Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode / Nigeria's Electricity Generating Supply Should Ideally Be...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.