Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Is Nigeria Really This Bad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Really This Bad? (3421 Views)

Are Nigerians Really This Hungry? (pics) / Is Nigeria Really The Gaint Of Africa? / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2009
Nigeria announces plan to build railline -Noooooo, it is nt necessary, many will become millionaires thru the project, hence it is not necessary

Lagos plans to install CCTV - Noooo - CCTV will never work in a country like Nigeria - it is for develed countries alone.

Lagos plans to build 10 lane expressway - Nooooo - it is not necessary, many people are hungry out there, no need for roads

World Bank plans to invest in project to improve power supply nationwide - Noooo,we dont need it, we want food on the table.

Speaker house of rep buys 4 bullet proof jeeps - Noooo - he is a thief, why des he want four jeeps

Government plans NHS scheme and welfare scheme for the un employed - Nooooo - it is not necessary, it is food we want, we dont want health or welfare

Yar Adua - says why is Nigeria not part of G20 - oh nooo - he is a fool - who does he think he is? We are backwards, so why does he want us invited!

Nigeria launches satelite - Noooooooo- what is satellite for, we havent gotten enough food to eat, we dont need satellite.

Nigeria bids to host comonwealth games - Nooooo - it is a white elephant project, we dont nee to host the world - we need to eat first, we are a bunch of hungry fellows.

We are all hngry fellows, we a all dieing daily due to lack of food, we only need food in this country and nothing more, food, food, food, Yar Adua bring food and nothing else,we dont need good rail system, we dont need welfare, give us food.

Is it this realy bad?
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2009
I would have made a detailed post, but then you never come back to post a reply when needed. smiley

Couple of questions though. Do you think it is acceptable for people to get rich from projects that are meant to serve the interest of the public and funded by tax payers money? Have you ever ventured outside Nigeria for over a year or more? [Trust me, it is relevant to the debate]
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRufai

If it makes you happy, I have lived legally in the UK for close to seven years.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ikeyman00(m): 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2009
i-laugh

sorri its stupid morons like u makes nigeria; has been and is being makin nigeria bad

yaradumb lamentin g20 thing, when we no get light, roads oh yea that one no de worri, u no if yarafufu be oyibo he fordone build  like 3 world standard hospitaol for niaja and dedicate his name on that, na so he de go fly go germany!!! i-laugh u are truly a slowpoke

kano-lagos rail yes; do u know many lives that died in onitsha-lagos highway, check this the busiest road ever in nigeria with so much pot-belly holes; everytime i visted nigeria there is always accident on its, in some cases dual carraige are used a single lane, what is wrong with morons like u

the plain truth is deal with all the existin road to 3 " to 4 tared with gravel and saftey divides, then u can talk about that illegal project
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2009
Ikey

When your father was screwing your Mum - he said to her - this stupid man here wants some moronic pussy.

Ikey,

You have lots of issues - now you call holes on roads "pot belly" - if not that my small daughter said i shouldnt call you names, i will easily have said you are a buffon and a boffun, roads have pot holes and not pot belly holes. hahahahahaha. Sugomu.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ikeyman00(m): 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2009
Ikey

When your father was screwing your Mum - he said to her - this stupid man here wants some moronic pussy.

i[b]-laugh[/b]

u got 24 hrs to withdraw that satement and appologies

slowpoke, dnt bring my family in here angry
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
@I_laugh.

Cool. I will ignore the cheap shot. smiley

Once again I see you refuse to answer the other question. Here is my reason for asking - If you lived in the UK for seven years, then it would be no surprise to you how there is respect for rule of law, there is accountability and public fund mismanagement are frowned upon.

We are yet to have these things in Nigeria, we are more or less operating a rudimentary form of government and it is compounded by the "naija mentality" we have. You see, things are really bad in Nigeria that we really need to go back to the drawing board in other for us to move forward. Let us see a respect for rule of law and order, let us see more accountability, let us see more openness, let us see that 68million dollars was budgeted and every penny is accounted for.

Until we see these things, people will be very sceptical about alot of things we want to do.

Also, you are aware of what is called a Credit check here right? Now imagine the world bank doing a credit check on Naija, We will never pass because of our previous history of unaccountability etc.  The point is, you really cannot ignore the problems and want a solution. You need to address the problems to arrive at a good solution.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRufai

And your point is? that Nigeria is all that bad? ok - noted. You have said, no good thing can ever come out of Nigeria - u r noted.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

i[b]-laugh[/b]

u got 24 hrs to withdraw that satement and appologies

slowpoke, dnt bring my family in here angry

Cool, then dont call me slowpoke, I am also a father to someone, and I also have families - do as you would be done by - edit your post and I will edit mine.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2009
Once again you are missing the point.

You know, you really are displaying that Naija mentality I am talking about.

Nigeria have good things and good side, however the bad eggs spoils the good ones is the popular saying.

Once again, I put this question to you - Do you really not see anything wrong with how Nigeria haven't progressed much in over 40years? Malaysia had their independence around the same time as us, yet they have done more than we can ever dream off. How come they can achieve this and we some how cant?

Besides, twisting my words is a bit weak and lame on your part, you know.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRazur:

Once again you are missing the point.

You know, you really are displaying that Naija mentality I am talking about.

Nigeria have good things and good side, however the bad eggs spoils the good one is a popular saying.

Once again, I put this question to you - Do you really not see anything wrong with how Nigeria haven't progressed much in over 40years? Malaysia had their independence around the same time as us, yet they have done more than we can ever dream off. How come they can achieve this and we some how cant?

Exchange Nigerians with the citizens of those countries you mentioned, and see how those countries will turn for the worse in three months, and how Nigeria wll turn out for the good in exactly those three months.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ikeyman00(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2009
i-laugh

like i said u got 24 hr

but u are a slowpoke cuz u reason like 1

angry
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2009
i_laugh:

Exchange Nigerians with the citizens of those countries you mentioned, and see how those countries will turn for the worse in three months, and how Nigeria wll turn out for the good in exactly those three months.

Once again, you ignored the questions, I wonder why. smiley

It makes no sense what you are saying am afraid. Why should we do an exchange of citizens? It makes no sense to the debate at hand. Are you saying Nigerians are the problems? Surely this is one of the many things I mentioned before and you appear to disagree.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
Ikey

Only a slowpoke can say there are bot belly on Nigerian roads -it is called pot holes and not pot belly.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2009
El Rufai

I have always said it, the problem with Nigeria is with Nigerians.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ikeyman00(m): 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2009
pot-hole is the few one u see in oversea

the ones in nigeria na pot-belly holes= killer hole

slowpoke wise up i laugh
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2009
i_laugh:

El Rufai

I have always said it, the problem with Nigeria is with Nigerians.

My name is ElRazur. You know, acting obtuse on a forum is so 1980.  smiley

Obviously, Nigerians will be the problem as Nigeria is incapable. If you see my people as the problem, why do you have so much problem with post suggesting an improvement in the mentality of our people, so as to aid progress overall?
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2009
El Rufai

I have lost your point sir. You are in advertedly agreeing with me.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2009
i_laugh:

El Rufai

I have lost your point sir. You are in advertedly agreeing with me.

My point all along is how you seem to have a problem with anyone criticizing your beloved country. Yet you seem to agree there is a problem with Nigeria, as caused by Nigerians. Your stance is more or less a inconsistent and somewhat ironic you see. All of these are evident in all the thread I have seen your post today. smiley
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2009
ElRufai

Thanks very well.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by blacksta(m): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2009
i see people are getting along here
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ElRazur: 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2009
i_laugh:

ElRufai

Thanks very well.

You are welcome. Keep up the Ad homen arguments.  Another trait of Naija mentality.  smiley
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2009
Nigeria is bad, yes!! Even worse than you described.

But you are not right. People don’t say no to sustainable development and ask for ‘food’ instead. True, the illiterate minority might mention food anytime you try to find out that they need, but I think Nigeria has come to a point whereby people don’t care how much you embezzle as far as you get the job done.

In Anambra State today, people are calling for the return of Chris Ngige because in the 34 months he spent as the Governor of the State, he was able to construct good roads in the State. The fact that a he made himself and a lot of other people rich in the process is irrelevant. Gov. Obi on the other hand who’ s busy saving money, investing money and returning balance of Government allocation is considered a failure. Why? Because the physical and infrastructural development is just not there.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2009
NEPA BRING ON THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by asha80(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

But you are not right. People don’t say no to sustainable development and ask for ‘food’ instead. True, the illiterate minority might mention food anytime you try to find out that they need, but I think Nigeria has come to a point whereby people don’t care how much you embezzle as far as you get the job done.

In Anambra State today, people are calling for the return of Chris Ngige because in the 34 months he spent as the Governor of the State, he was able to construct good roads in the State. The fact that a he made himself and a lot of other people rich in the process is irrelevant. Gov. Obi on the other hand who’ s busy saving money, investing money and returning balance of Government allocation is considered a failure. Why? Because the physical and infrastructural development is just not there.

The people calling for the return of Ngige in my own opinion are short sighted and do not know the real Ngige.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2009
asha 80:

The people calling for the return of Ngige in my own opinion are short sighted and do not know the real Ngige.

I agree with you. But the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know. I think Anambarians learnt thar lesson with Peter Obi.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by asha80(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

I agree with you. But the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know. I think Anambarians learnt thar lesson with Peter Obi.

Why do you think so?
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

VIPit Toilet no longer considered Accomplishment ?? Roflmao!!!
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by asha80(m): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
Sometimes i wonder what is the true situation of things in anambra.I keep hearing very divergent views.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by ilaugh1: 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2009
I go slap all of una - dem tell you say this thread is for Anambra State?
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2009
asha 80:

Why do you think so?

Well, when Ngige was the Governor, people thought Obi will do better because Ngige’s was a stolen mandate and Obi claimed to be the redemption of the State. But now 3 years after he took the seat from Ngige, people are wishing Ngige back because Peter Obi is not the person they thought he would be.

asha 80:

Sometimes i wonder what is the true situation of things in anambra.I keep hearing very divergent views.

Politics in Anambra very complicated. Don’t believe everything you hear. The present Government is full of propaganda. Ngige might not be a saint, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as this.
Re: Is Nigeria Really This Bad? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

VIPit Toilet no longer considered Accomplishment ?? Roflmao!!!

Will you just take that your sacarsm and shove it down your throat. tongue

Like I said, people want development, no matter how meager. VIP toilets might be dismissible, but that’s one of the highlights of Peter Obi’s administration.

i_laugh:

I go slap all of una - dem tell you say this thread is for Anambra State?

Sorry Sir!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saharareporters: Kidnappers Seize Son Of Court Of Appeal Judge, Iheme-nwosu / Reps Move To Curb Cbn’s Supervisory Role / Celebration Thread For APC Member On Emergence Of Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.