Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,175 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA (729 Views)

Keep Faith, President Buhari ‘ll Take Us To Promised Land – Femi Adesina / Court Is Overworked, Judges Deserve Rest, Says Saraki's Lawyer / Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by kachysblog(f): 7:07am On Oct 01, 2015
By Michael Eboh (Vanguard)

Abuja—The Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, NACCIMA, yesterday, faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision not to appoint a Minister of Petroleum, saying the President would be distracted and overload himself with excess workload.

Speaking in an interview with Vanguard in Abuja, Mr. Billy Harry, National Vice President, NACCIMA, stated that the President already had too much work to do to saddle himself with a ministerial appointment.

He said if Buhari really wants to bring the change dividend that Nigeria voted for, he should focus on administering all the ministries from a vantage point as President, not as a minister and a President.

He said: “It will distract him and not give him the required space and work time to be able to administer facets of the economy and policies.

“We have so many more issues other oil. Agriculture alone can swallow everything that oil is doing.”

Agriculture alone can give us over 500 per cent of income stream of what oil is doing. So, does it mean that if he wants to curb corruption in that sector, he has to also be minister of agriculture?

“The President has to be very focused on job of supervising the entire economy as a polity. I don’t think I will advise him to saddle himself with additional responsibility.”

Also speaking, Mr. Peter Esele, former President of the Trade Union Congress, TUC, stated that President Buhari would be saddled with a huge volume of work which might likely hinder him from concentrating on some sectors of the economy.

Esele, who is also a former President of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, said, “Theoretically, he can get away with it to a level, but what I am also looking at is the volume of work, because I think that the president has so much clean up to do, not only in the NNPC; with institutionalizing transparency and best practice, not only in the oil and gas sector, but in the entire economy, so that we can move on.”

However, he said the President should be given the benefit of the doubt, stating that, “But no matter what happened, we should give the President the benefit of the doubt. If it works, we all clap for him, and if he fails, he will be criticized.

“I think the bottom line is that he is the president and he is going to appoint minister of state for petroleum, from what I gathered. And between the minister of state and the GMD of the NNPC, they will report to him.

“What we have during the time of Obasanjo, there was no minister of state. He was the minister of petroleum ,and he only had a special adviser on petroleum, which is not the same office as a minister.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/buhari-ll-be-distracted-overworked-as-petroleum-minister-naccima/
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by xreal: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2015
It doesn't matter.

Let him be, all we need and want is positive change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2015
No it won't. My President can multitask!

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by shamack: 7:13am On Oct 01, 2015
Let him be....
Soon petrol will be 30naira
God help him
Happy independence Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by ORACLE1975(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2015
Who tell u?
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by warrior01: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2015
modelmike7:
No it won't. My President can multitask!
Your president that his mouth is already bent; that can't even make a comprehensible speech? You guys are in for a long tjing
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by Tallesty1(m): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2015
Allow him to try.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 01, 2015
kachysblog:
By Michael Eboh (Vanguard)

Abuja—The Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, NACCIMA, yesterday, faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision not to appoint a Minister of Petroleum, saying the President would be distracted and overload himself with excess workload.

Speaking in an interview with Vanguard in Abuja, Mr. Billy Harry, National Vice President, NACCIMA, stated that the President already had too much work to do to saddle himself with a ministerial appointment.

He said if Buhari really wants to bring the change dividend that Nigeria voted for, he should focus on administering all the ministries from a vantage point as President, not as a minister and a President.

He said: “It will distract him and not give him the required space and work time to be able to administer facets of the economy and policies.

“We have so many more issues other oil. Agriculture alone can swallow everything that oil is doing.”

Agriculture alone can give us over 500 per cent of income stream of what oil is doing. So, does it mean that if he wants to curb corruption in that sector, he has to also be minister of agriculture?

“The President has to be very focused on job of supervising the entire economy as a polity. I don’t think I will advise him to saddle himself with additional responsibility.”

Also speaking, Mr. Peter Esele, former President of the Trade Union Congress, TUC, stated that President Buhari would be saddled with a huge volume of work which might likely hinder him from concentrating on some sectors of the economy.

Esele, who is also a former President of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, said, “Theoretically, he can get away with it to a level, but what I am also looking at is the volume of work, because I think that the president has so much clean up to do, not only in the NNPC; with institutionalizing transparency and best practice, not only in the oil and gas sector, but in the entire economy, so that we can move on.”

However, he said the President should be given the benefit of the doubt, stating that, “But no matter what happened, we should give the President the benefit of the doubt. If it works, we all clap for him, and if he fails, he will be criticized.

“I think the bottom line is that he is the president and he is going to appoint minister of state for petroleum, from what I gathered. And between the minister of state and the GMD of the NNPC, they will report to him.

“What we have during the time of Obasanjo, there was no minister of state. He was the minister of petroleum ,and he only had a special adviser on petroleum, which is not the same office as a minister.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/buhari-ll-be-distracted-overworked-as-petroleum-minister-naccima/
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 01, 2015
warrior01:

Your president that his mouth is already bent; that can't even make a comprehensible speech? You guys are in for a long tjing
...... Its so obvious you have a bent brain, for you to comprehend and assimilate, you better switch on the light in your room and look for your brain under your bed! Happy Independence!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:22am On Oct 01, 2015
Is Buhari complaining?

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by wildchild1: 7:29am On Oct 01, 2015
by what?

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by Nnemuka(f): 7:30am On Oct 01, 2015
GMB is a clown

OrlandoOwoh:
Is Buhari complaining?
He doesnt need to complain, Nigerians are complaining on his behalf. His performance so far is very poor and every right thinking Nigerian would expect him to focus on governance especially at his age.
He already told Nigerians not to expect much from him at his age, so i believe his age wont allow him perform better if he decides to also become a minister.
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by nwanwaoge(m): 10:34am On Oct 01, 2015
warrior01:

....laffin ma a** out..wtf
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2015
Of course...because JONATHAN was so daft that he cldnt multitask, it sure means others are dunce like you, right?

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:45am On Oct 01, 2015
Nnemuka:
GMB is a clown

He doesnt need to complain, Nigerians are complaining on his behalf. His performance so far is very poor and every right thinking Nigerian would expect him to focus on governance especially at his age.
He already told Nigerians not to expect much from him at his age, so i believe his age wont allow him perform better if he decides to also become a minister.
how are Nigerians complaining?

Oh..I knw...

1. Improved electricity.. At least by 1%...

2. Increased allocation to state?

3. Positive foreign reserve in spite at $40/barrel

And so on...

Lol...

I knw those who are complaining...

The wailers like you...

I hope you all get squashed in thi ;Ds new found hatred of yours...

Buahrii...Harry bubu...naughty general...

By the way...I no even hear from Asari... That pig, your god down south...

grin
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by jmoore(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2015
He will stabilize world oil price. Let him be so he can achieve it.
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by Dannyset(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2015
I think so too. And now is when we need his total concentration on general governance.
Re: Buhari 'll Be Distracted, Overworked As Petroleum Minister - NACCIMA by TheFreeOne: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2015
The concerns should be is it lawful, is he capable and will he subject himself to screening by NASS

(1) (Reply)

See What Nigeria Police Is Doing To Inocent Nigerian / See Face Of Fake Army General Who Sponsors Boko Haram-vanguard / I'm Disappointed With This Ministerial List, Pre Buhari Could Have Done Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.