Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101633 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lyoncrescent:
I contacted Professor euba via mail. Even he has no idea where she is but he reckons she probably lives in the USA. Email exchange below:

FUNMI ADAMS INQUIRY
Inbox
x

Ademola Adedeji
12:15 PM (9 hours ago)

to aeuba
Hi,

I am a big fan of your work and i know you did some work with funmi adams in the 80s. Myself and some young ones born in the 80s created an online thread on the whereabouts of funmi adams. The thread can be visited on https://www.nairaland.com/2636772/hunt-funmi-adams-1-updated

We will be grateful if you can shed some light on her recent whereabouts and her career as no one seems to have seen or heard from funmi adams for decades.

Thank you sir.

Olatunji Akin Euba
6:56 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
Iam sorry I have no information on Funmi Adams.She lived in
Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania and probably still does, where I live, but I have
not heard from or seen her for some years.
Akin Euba

Akin Euba, Ph.D.
Andrew W. Mellon Professor Emeritus of Music,
University of Pittsburgh, USA

Woooooow
cool cheesy

God bless you for these great info...time.to bombard the yellow pages and directory of Pittsburgh because from his response m sure she's still alive.. But why did she bone and ignore all of is jus like that am.sure she must have checked online at some time and see how people have been searching for her.. Pls can u kindly mail the prof again and ask him that when was the exact year he saw her last and does he have any of her music videos? Thanks Much..also we need to find out if any narialander is studying in Pittsburgh.. My peeps are far away from.there would have send them.to go see the prof.. Wish I had a way would have flied over there tomorrow grin

10 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
i will be having some cool updates for you guys soon cheesy..
lemme give you one of them..

I was told that aunty funmi performed at muson center in 2010 at the 50th independence day celebration,was also told ltv and galaxy covered the event then
source: a friend of one of the KC Boys that performed in Nigeria my beloved country video,he was her backup singer.. cool when i locate him i will let you guys know

cc: ocatvo, Lyoncrescent , deife ,georgee,shadrach77,LordofWar, Mattin, Deblow,Alonzoiv,sexybaby22, beright,Kam0007,judedwriter,sharks776,shagking, Nezero,mildflame,mbatuku1, pitipom,xavierxo, ziggy3579, Agbaletu,THMT,

16 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Lyoncrescent: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
That's great news. I contacted professor akin euba again and he said he doesn't have any of her songs and that he last saw her in 2007 or 2008. He doesn't know if she was married when he last saw her. I asked him about her marital status just in case her surname has changed from Adams to something else. I also contacted uchenna ikonne who runs comb and razor blog and he said he has some of her songs that he hopes to digitize soon. He also promised to ask people on her whereabout.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lyoncrescent:
That's great news. I contacted professor akin euba again and he said he doesn't have any of her songs and that he last saw her in 2007 or 2008. He doesn't know if she was married when he last saw her. I asked him about her marital status just in case her surname has changed from Adams to something else. I also contacted uchenna ikonne who runs comb and razor blog and he said he has some of her songs that he hopes to digitize soon. He also promised to ask people on her whereabout.

Thats awesome seems she might be alive afteral,and she appears to be a very private person and kept too much to herself which is why no one knows if she was married or had any kids,her crew members have met so far said the closest person to her then was prof euba and now prof euba doesnt even know much,these is super serious,i mailed a great nigeria blogger over there and lover of arts to she lives in the pittsburgh area and she promised to get back to me soon,im sure by the end of the year all these will be settled and we will have many of her clean clear videos.. smiley..

7 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
warrenweste:
i will be having some cool updates for you guys soon cheesy..
lemme give you one of them..

I was told that aunty funmi performed at muson center in 2010 at the 50th independence day celebration,was also told ltv and galaxy covered the event then
source: a friend of one of the KC Boys that performed in Nigeria my beloved country video,he was her backup singer.. cool when i locate him i will let you guys know

cc:
We are getting there...

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by LordofWar: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Wow. Nice and encouraging updates. welldone Warrenweste, Lyoncrescent and everybody. Just like Octavo said, we are getting there...

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
Quick update..

Aunty funmi is alive and in USA according to a church member who claimed to worship in the same church with her elder sister.. He promised to feed me back soon..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by lovegeneration(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
happy to hear this ooooo cus i cant wait to see her on interview
warrenweste:
Quick update..

Aunty funmi is alive and in USA according to a church member who claimed to worship in the same church with her elder sister.. He promised to feed me back soon..

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Adekdammy: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
warrenweste:
Quick update..

Good news

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Seylad2009(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2016
Following patiently........
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ofemigeorge(m): 2:57am On Nov 02, 2016
She is the most talented,private,popular, musician ever. But why did she go into"hidding". She sold enough records, she was recognised. Extrovert turn introvert overnight. Nigeria self no dey try. We too dey forget heros. She has go a lot of explanation to give, don't she like her own country that made her reside in the u.s
So many question s. Her song is the most deep, meaningful, soul touching ever. One love funmi

9 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Emnyte(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2016
thank God she is alive

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ccffwx: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
Yes thank GOD she is alive. I'm working on a jingle that promotes Nigeria unity and peace and intend to incorporate a portion of her song, Nigeria My Beloved Country. Please I'm really interested in her whereabouts. Thank you guys for your determined efforts. Ekuse!

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
warrenweste:
Quick update..

Good news! We need videos of her songs oooo. Don't forget that.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
OCTAVO:

Good news! We need videos of her songs oooo. Don't forget that.

sure i wont..we are getting there.. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by LifestyleTonite: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
warrenweste:

sure i wont..we are getting there.. smiley
pls, tag me when you finally contact her.

I loved that woman's songs when I was a kid. My Beloved Country was my favorite cos it brought tears to my eyes every time it's being played. I also love omo lasho.

We must bring her back to Nigeria cos she's worth celebrating.

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by georgee(m): 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
warrenweste:
Quick update..
Best news so far

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Agbaletu: 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
warrenweste:
Quick update..

God is good!

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by zabadii(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Hey, dnt say that. She is married to an evangelist, now Funmi Aragbaiye & both of them are running their ministry 'somewhere' in S/W.....u all shld know that age is non longer on their side..

I like her classics too- 'letter Ayo'
indomi generation. fake info

8 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by folasayolyn(f): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
I hope she is really alive
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by deife(m): 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
OCTAVO:

We are getting there...

We are, bro. smiley
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by deife(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
warrenweste:
Quick update..

Wow! warrenweste and gang, you're da best. Your tenacity has paid off. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shagking: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2016
Well done guys
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by newpisces: 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
My friend and I talked about Funmi Adams and all those lovely songs that only children born in the 80s can enjoy.
Her songs are some of the loveliest nostalgia of my childhood.
Big thanks to everybody working tirelessly to find the heroine of our childhood. And I think my stubborn and unfailing belief in Nigeria despite all the negatives is due to the ideals that her songs have set into my unconscious mind.
Funmi Adams is one of the best ever.

6 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by rakaasta(f): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2016
Just stumbled on this topic now.
Funmi Adams is a strong MFM member from the last time we saw her. She was in the MFM choir a strong one indeed. Infact,I couldn't believe she was the one d last time I saw her cause she has really changed. I learnt later she travelled out of the country. But since @warrenweste can get her contact there,that's fine. I would have directed you to MFM h/q maybe to see Sister Banke the choir mistress she can might have her contacts.

14 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
rakaasta:
Funmi Adams is a strong MFM member from the last time we saw her. She was in the MFM choir a strong one indeed. Infact,I couldn't believe she was the one d last time I saw her cause she has really changed. I learnt later she travelled out of the country. But since @warrenweste can get her contact there,that's fine. I would have directed you to MFM h/q maybe to see Sister Banke the choir mistress she can might have her contacts.
Very good info.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
rakaasta:

Really? Thanks much.. Can u help us with sister bankes number? Which year did you see aunty funmi and also sister banke last?

Do you have any of aunty funmi's video?

Hoping to hear from u soon..
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by rakaasta(f): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
@warrenwest. Sister Banke Ademola is still the choir mistress at MFM h/q and I don't have her number cos we moved out from that side of Lagos. If I was still staying around there it would be better. I think aunty Funmi was her assist,I'm not sure.
I don't have any of her videos. But anytime you get to mfm headquarters till tomorrow, everyone knows sister Banke Adetokunbo Ademola. Aunty Funmi was close to Dr. olukoya cause she was an active member then

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2016
rakaasta:
@warrenwest. Sister Banke Ademola is still the choir mistress at MFM h/q and I don't have her number cos we moved out from that side of Lagos. If I was still staying around there it would be better. I think aunty Funmi was her assist,I'm not sure.
I don't have any of her videos. But anytime you get to mfm headquarters till tomorrow, everyone knows sister Banke Adetokunbo Ademola. Aunty Funmi was close to Dr. olukoya cause she was an active member then

ok will create a time to go there..may i ask which year you saw aunty funmi last ? and sister banke? and you mind telling me your name just for reference?

Thanks much

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 12:03am On Nov 22, 2016
warrenweste:
Quick update..

A standing ovation for Warrenweste. May God bless you sir. God bless the team. God bless Aunty Funmi too cheesy

15 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 12:20am On Nov 22, 2016
It seems these US based Sahara reporters guys e.g Dr Damages (Rudolph Okonkwo) might be helpful. I'm just confused about how to go ask them lipsrsealed
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by rakaasta(f): 1:16am On Nov 22, 2016
@Warrenweste. Sister Banke is the choir mistress of mfm and still there. But its been quite long I saw Aunty Funmi Adams.
But I tot you mentioned your sister or someone said she's a member of their church abroad and would get her contact soon.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

2face Idibia Flees To America, Annie Cries, Vows To Scatter Everything / Mike Ezuruonye Weds Nkechi ‘keke’ Nnorom In Grand Style With Exclusive Pictures / Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.