Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... - Dating And Meet-up Zone (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... (225431 Views)

ABUJA, Ladies And Single Mums Can Contact For Hook-up / Single? Let's Mingle / If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2015
@graciousolo
Lol. Happy birthday bomboy...lol

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by NiRfreak(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2015
I am one of the secret scouts and watchers on this thead..........watching out for the good ladies out here....
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2015
Good morning to everyone, forgive me for shouting but I have to.

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE T0 QUOTE ANYONE EDIT THEIR ORIGINAL TEXT AND KEEP IT SHORT & SIMPLE. DO NOT QUOTE THE ENTIRE LENGTHY TEXT.

SECONDLY, PLEASE MINIMIZE THE SHORTHAND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND WRITE IN GOOD, PROPER ENGLISH. THE SHORTHAND IS SO JUVENILE.

Looking forward to your cooperation on this, thanks.

5 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Bhella5(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2015
@bhella
How shd the single ladies take the bull by the horn ooo Hmm...[/quote]
You know the proper way of making an entry na! My name is lagbaja and my mission here is so so and so... Remember how we used to do it on yahoo messenger; ASL
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Bhella5(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2015
@Siamia

@bhella How shd the single ladies take the bull by the horn ooo Hmm...[/quote] You know the proper way of making an entry na! My name is lagbaja and my mission here is so so and so... Remember how we used to do it on yahoo messenger; ASL
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by SexyStrawberry(f): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2015
undecided
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 10:12am On Oct 02, 2015
@bhella
Wish it were so simple...lol
I think this thread just allows people to sit back, kick off their shoes and just relax in the company of like minded people, without fear or favour. Look at it like a coffee lounge. If sparks fly btw folks, that's a bonus. But if u read thru the posts from the beginning, u'll notice that there's this camaraderie among all of us. Everyone is comfortable. Everyone desires to join, whether they are of age or not. But if u see someone u like, by all means, pitch ur tent.
The best relationship is btw friends. Even if u find a date or spouse here, u'll know u found him/her among friends. Tell me what's better than that? Hmm?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by torqque7(m): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2015
@Siamia that's OK sha but I have a concern and that is a lot of our beautiful ladies don't want us to know what they look like and you are not excluded too smiley,am sure I speak for all the guys in the house when I say we would appreciate it if we av an idea of what the person we are interested in looks like..there are a lot of guys here already interested in Op..
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Bhella5(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2015
@siamia
OMG...! You are so calm and collected. Do you happen to have someone like you for me? Lol!

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
@torqque
A lot of guys here are interested in OP Ahhhhh!!!!!!! I doubt it ooo.
And to clarify things. If ur interested in the beautiful sisters here, pls say so on open platform. I be OP naa. I go run intervention for u. If the lady likes ur show of hand, move to her profile and send her an email. Shikena. Then we'll come and eat ur rice.
U don't need a pic to kno what a person looks like. Beauty is in the spirit. Its in the personality. A frog cannot hide for long. Quote me...by their posts, u shall know them.
I love all the ladies on this thread and I fully recommend them to any serious minded man who has genuine intentions.

@bhella
How old are u sef?

@all the men here
Pls use style to declare ur age ooo.
Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Bhella5(m): 10:33am On Oct 02, 2015
@Siamia I'll be 32 in Nov.

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2015
At Martins 301,

You asked why older women discriminate against younger men, I'll gist you a bit about my personal experience and hopefully you may understand.

Early last year (2014) at 32, I attempted to date a guy 5 years younger than me - first time ever I would attempt such a feat. The experience was for the most part an unpleasant & annoying one.

Daniel ( not his real name) wanted sex practically all the time and he had this obnoxious habit of calling incessantly at all hours of the day - common like who does that?

He would call at 5 am on his way to work - when I was either having my quiet time with Heaven, working out or just trying to wrap my mind and head around a new day. He would call during working hours when I was seriously pressured with tasks, and call again in the evenings.

This was someone I informed early on, that if you call me twice and I don't answer, pls send a text message and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Did he listen - no he didn't he just wore me out with calls. I felt severely harassed at the frequency of his calls and I am not exaggerating about the calls or this entire story.

Our phone conversations were often like this:

Me: Hi how was your day and what's happening with you.
Daniel: I am feeling Hot when was the last time you had sex.
Me: Can't we have a meaningful conversation without you bringing up sex?
Daniel: Ok, fine my day was ...... so what are you wearing now?

Exhausting conversation right? As if that wasn't bad enough the dude would ask me to come see him at his office after working hours during the week when you are trying to beat traffic and get home. Seeing him on a Friday would have been cool cos there's no work on Saturday but he never thought that way.

These are just a few incidents, the dude was too immature & unreasonable in how he conducted himself. I mentally cringe when I recall things and I say to myself - girl what the hell were you thinking?

I am extremely wary of men younger than me, Daniel put a sour taste in my mouth about that. That whole affair with him didn't last more than 4 months but I still cringe. I wasn't dating him for marriage's sake, I was just being spontaneous, trying something new & different.

I mean no offence to younger men but very often we are worlds apart in our emotional & mental maturity as well as in other things. I still prefer my men older than me - the older the better.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Bhella5(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2015
@Sihom
your experience is a heart wrenching one. I dated a much more younger lady but her arrogance is out of this world. For me I think the older the better just like wine.

4 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2015
siamia:
If u are 30 plus and single, we shd have our own thread to meet and talk.
Some of us are single, educated and ably employed. We are mature, responsible, gainfully employed, christian and godfearing. Some of us have kids that we are training and bringing up. We are involved in church, in impacting the lives of others, and contribute to the wellbeing of the society, But for one reason or the other, we are still single.
I have a lot of respect for nairaland, and I think its Nigeria's version of facebook, only better.
So if ur 30 and above, let's talk and see if the sparks will fly!
Pls note: no rude comments. Respect attracts respect. Nairalanders are great people. smiley

nice one.... u look 30 anyway

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2015
Bhella5:
@Sihom
your experience is a heart wrenching one. I dated a much more younger lady but her arrogance is out of this world. For me I think the older the better just like wine.

Lol, I feel you. Daniel wasn't arrogant and he could carry on a sensible conversation when he put his mind to it but too often his mind was in the gutter with sex, sex, sex and more sex.

I guess men at his age are sexually active & vibrant so I won't hold that against him too much. In another 3 or 4 years he just might be a more refined gentleman with better social skills.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by torqque7(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2015
@Siamia..hahaha I know u r Op na,and trust me a lot of guys are interested in You,I remember reading someone asking you to hook him up with someone like you,and yes picture is not a must but everyone knows the male specie is moved first by what he sees while female what she hears but I understand and respect ur point sha..@sihom my dear we all have had one bad experience or the other but if we use that as a yard stick to conclude on people then we are not being fair and you also limit yourself,but like you know age is just a number,I just think you were not too lucky with The guy u met.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2015
@figo
Hahahahahaha...thanks love.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2015
@torqque... smiley

@sihom
Torqque is right.
I've tried the younger man thing, and was shellshocked by the time I came out of it. If I wasn't OP, I wud have told u all the story. One bad egg won't spoil the crate, but it will give the other eggs a bad smell (and odour ooo).

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by fairlyisabel(f): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2015
@ siamia, you look good. Indeed black is beautiful. You did a nice job for creating this thread. I pray it doesn't get abused by guys below 30 and the ones that are 30plus but on assignment to do harm. Guys should also upload their pix(s) so that ladies can compliment them and chat them up too.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by torqque7(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2015
@siamia..am not sure how the email thing works here cos I tried sending to you..@fairlyisabel..but you don't have a pic up on your profile o hmm there is God o
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by joebeckz(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2015
I dont know how this might look, I would suggest everyone give a brief bio about himself/herself. include age, what you do,where you reside, your origin, one or two likes and dislikes. anyone who likes your Bio should feel free to ask for your contact and become friends and that might lead to lasting friendship or relationship. no lies, no false asset declaration like saraki. lolz.
very brief in one quote so the thread wont be disorganized. My suggestion sha. Goodmorning all and Sia.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by midehi2(f): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2015
figo05:

nice one.... u look 30 anyway
hmmm
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2015
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU @graciousolo
@siama how was your night?
I have a question to ask all matured minds here o, how can a guy be nice to ladies and not get tagged a maga? I am tired of being taking for granted, just broke up with a lady I've been dating for 8 months, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what she saved my name with on her phone." UNCLE ROLAND" why is it hard for some women to be blunt about their intentions? Am gonna be 40 on 14th of Feb, am a single dad and truly needs a woman that's understanding and matured. Am based in Abeokuta.

4 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Donpenny(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
jst following bible principles" in all ur getting get knowledge "

though i still have 2 decades to clock 40
just praying dat curiosity dat kill cat will not kill me
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
@dosunmu
How u dey?
U can be nice to a woman and not be a maga. U just need the right woman.

2 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by dinosmiles(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
so no hope for me cos am 25....buh of a truth,d whole age barrier will b really out of place..WO says 30+ are more mature ?or those in their 20s are not serious in their quest for a relationship dat will lead to marriage?I get ur drift about kids tryna hijack the thread buh still ur bar is still very high..I.E 33...some younger guys love older women and I don't mean those that go after them for money or personal gains...

ANYWAYS,I will say goodluck to d lucky ones , and commend the op for dis well thought-out idea..it is very intelligent,I must say
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
siamia:
@dosunmu
How u dey?
U can be nice to a woman and not be a maga. U just need the right woman.

@siama, I just sidon here dey observe matters o, the right woman? Abeg is there anyone out there by that name? Lol... Hmmmm, honestly I am tired of searching for her, tired of all these packaged RGs all around, even in churches that you would expect to find THE RIGHT WOMAN! Na lie.. ABEG RIGHT WOMAN ABEG DIRECT YOUR SAILING COME MY SIDE OOO... @ siama, how ur day dey go? Gist me

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
dinosmiles:

so no hope for me cos am 25....buh of a truth,d whole age barrier will b really out of place..WO says 30+ are more mature ?or those in their 20s are not serious in their quest for a relationship dat will lead to marriage?I get ur drift about kids tryna hijack the thread buh still ur bar is still very high..I.E 33...some younger guys love older women and I don't mean those that go after them for money or personal gains...

ANYWAYS,I will say goodluck to d lucky ones , and commend the op for dis well thought-out idea..it is very intelligent,I must say

Bros.. Maturity has nothing to do with how many calendars you don swallow, its got to do with how good you making use of your brain and how well you represent your sur name.

2 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Fejok01(f): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
I like this. God bless the OP.

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
@fejoko1
Thanks...and amen ooo

@ dosunmu
I prophesy, the next woman u will meet will be heaven sent. She will wipe away every bad memory and bad experience, iJN.

@dino
Abeg leave that thing jare. 25!!! Frog no dey jump pass him shadow. No matter how mature u think u are, what u probably have is wisdom more than ur peers. Maturity be like wine. It has to age to taste good.
Just siddon dey read, with ur pen and jotter ooo. smiley

4 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by dinosmiles(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
@op

lolz...u got me laffing on this one..I hear u ooo,make I go carry my pen and paper...
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
@dosunmu
If ur a Mr Right, just relax urself and keep busy in u daily activities. Ms Right will jam u. And be more flexible with ur standards. Be amenable to constructive criticism, to positive compromise, to forgiving faults and mistakes. Don't let looks and sex becloud ur judgment when choosing a lady. Take time to be a friend so that u study her xter, her upbringing, her values and culture, her family background. And if a certain age group doesn't understand u, go for another. E.g. U may chooser a younger or older age group and see how it works for u. Be active in church. Isaac worked for God, and He brought rebekah to him.
Of course there's nothing I've said that u don't already know...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (138) (Reply)

I Need A Sugar Mummy Urgently / Meet New Cool People And Just Make Friends / Best 10 International Online Dating Sites Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.