Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria (5388 Views)

Badoo Dating / Inside Lagos Strip Clubs..... The Fun, Fantasy And Dangers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by dantewest: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
The dangers of internet dating is still prevalent in Nigeria despite huge cries from many singles and attached Nigerians. Mind you, the gruesome murder of Cynthia is still fresh in the minds of many Nigerian parents who are always worried about the way their daughters are glued to their smartphones 24-7.

There are many internet dating apps out there apart from Facebook which helps single guys and girls to find love and companionship on the internet. Among a few includes 2Go (Popular with youngsters), Twitter (Microblogging), Flirchi, Tinder, Grindr (Gay lovers), Tango, NAIJing, and of cos, Badoo, one of the kings in the business.

As a single introvert kind of guy, meeting ladies is mostly done through social media. Don’t get me wrong, I meet ladies on the street all the time, but there is this thing about internet dating that makes life simple and easy. Besides, we are all familiar with antics of Nigerian girls you meet on the street. They can be as sweet as a honey and be vampires as well. Internet dating is indeed God sent to guys like me. It gives us a ample supply of ladies to choose from.

I met a lady on Badoo recently, the chat was pretty good, collected her number and migrated the chat to whatsapp. After finding out the things we had in common like been down to earth, indulging in things people find as anti social, you know, getting high on weed and pills, which was mostly fun stuffs, we decided to meet. On getting to her place as she requested, she wasted no time in loading up shisha and some packs of Skunk which I gleefully rolled up nice and long.

After a few drags, I felt it was time to get to business, mind you, I said business, not sex. Anyway, I tried getting to know her as usual, but she wasn’t encouraging any sort of discussion. All I gathered from her was that she loves real niggers, whatever that means. The the phone calls started coming. She started pleading with a guy to forgive her and not to be angry with her, as a sharp guy, I had a feeling I was been set up, so I quickly set my alarm to 6pm as a safety measure to get the hell out of her room.

The call to me sounded like I was attempting to rape her and shit, I have read enough book to read people’s body language and I was getting serious bad vibes from her. I have smoked with weed with a lot of guys and ladies, but for some reason, I didn’t trust this particular lady. So I also got talking about me wanting to leave soon and stuff, making sure my voice was equally as loud as hers, just in case someone was out there to cause trouble.

After she noticed I was agitating to leave, the begging and forgiveness phone calls stopped. I was still on the edge, I honestly wanted to leave right there, she then brought out her old albums for me to go through, mind you, she has a smart phone where we could just exchange phones and talk about past lives and past friends. You know, exchanging love war battle stories… Along the line, she told me she was expecting another friend, a guy, who according to her is her close friend but has never visited her apartment before. Alarm bells started ringing loudly again.

Is this an honest coincidence or what, truth be told, I do not believe in coincidences, so I kept my cool and waited. As the guy came, we all smoked up together while I engaged myself with writing an article for my blog. After a while, the guy made a call and was directing his friend over to where we were. Ghen ghen ghen, mind you, all these while, their conversation was in Yoruba language. I had been pretending I don’t understand the language so they felt very comfortable in communicating mostly with it while thinking I was been left out of the plan.

A while later, the guy got up and said he was leaving, I got up as well that I was leaving, but they both pretended not to hear me. Anyway, I got up and started lacing up my shoes only for the lady and the guy to quickly leave the room without waiting for me. Anyway, I laced up, left her room and waited for her outside her gates, after 30 minutes, this babe hasn’t come back yet. I started getting worried, then I located an elderly woman, greeted her and engage her in a conversation to get a bearing of what this environment was like. The old woman looked at me dead in the eyes and said, young man, I can see you are from a good family, but this area is too rough for someone like you to be visiting, if you like yourself, better head for the main road and disappear.

I was shocked! Wtf was she talking about, anyway, I quickly added her warning to the list of bad vibes I was getting and quickly disappeared. Can you imagine, the moment I was on the bike, she started calling. I ignored the call till I got to a safe distance and politely told her I was grateful for her company but I don’t think I can be friends with her. She laughed on the phone and promptly told me never to call her anymore. Whew, I was relieved.

Internet dating is a beautiful thing, but its more beautiful if we all use our brains and common sense to know the kind of people we are meeting, for Christ’s sake, its also semi blind dating. Who knows if I didn’t follow my instinct, would I have been able to share this story?

Be smart, question more and be vigilant!

Source: https://dantewest./2015/10/01/coded-and-open-dangers-in-badoo-dating-app-in-nigeria/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by debris: 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
U damn lucky bro

As for badoo

The site is deadly as poo I rather trust someone on Facebook to badoo.

1 Like

Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by dantewest: 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
debris:
U damn lucky bro

Thank you dear.
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by ozy4christ(f): 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
Bro, just look at the Name

1 Like

Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by ihatebuhari(f): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by dantewest: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Hmmmmm

Singing.... SPEAK OUT!!!
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by 400billionman: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2015
You do not even have instincts.

God just saved you.

When someone starts making useless calls or another person walks in, just leave...

1 Like

Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
Guy, na God save u o.. Men gat to be vigilant, no dull ur head on any date . Safe bro
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by proxillin(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
U were lucky. You dragged too long. What if the new launch the real plan?
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by zainabicy: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Is it just me ? I didn't c d danger.

Wat r d 'bad' scenarios dt dt story could hav ended in ?
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by proxillin(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
zainabicy:
Is it just me ? I didn't c d danger.

Wat r d 'bad' scenarios dt dt story could hav ended in ?

You need a microscope?
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by ruggedtimi(m): 4:56am On Oct 05, 2015
bros...even i dnt trust badoo gals....bt u dnt hv to visit one alwys make sure u control the meeting point and also @ ur area, for safety reasons. I have only been scammed for N750credit card all d sake of sendng credit to be sold and used for transport to visit me, she blcked me in whtsapp afta i sent d credit. Anyway she ws worth tryng for , wat if she had visited me cool.
Re: Coded And Open Dangers Of Badoo Dating App In Nigeria by Intanet(m): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
This post has been deleted permanently

(1) (Reply)

7 Powerful Things That May Happen If You Stop Having Sex / [video ] Watch And See How Popular Hausa Fim Actor Rahama Sadau Kissing Someone / South African Lady Shares Bedroom Photos With Her White Lover Touching Her Chest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.