Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married (3250 Views)

How I Was Saved From An Accident Yesterday!...my Story! / Dv 2011 American Lottery Results Finally Out / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by samday: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2009
Nairalanders,  I have just won a DV lottery for 2010 but I was Single When I prayed it and I will be getting Marry on May 16, 2009. Can I still include my Spouse name or not? I need your professional advice. Thanks
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by bidibudi: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2009
is the dv lotto played last year out?
well i guess u can only do that after u must ve gone b4 u can file for ur spouse.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by sparta(f): 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
Waoh, thats on my bday. Thats is oh so beautiful. Anywayz, i think the embassy willl b in a better position to advise you.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by justlaw(m): 6:58am On Apr 21, 2009
hello

Please, was it the DV lottery scheme of last year that, the result is out?

Kindly throw more light on this

Because i entered for it too

Thanks
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by chinyce(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2009
hi'
congrats and best of luck. pls is this tha same dv-lottery played last year 2008. pls more info.
chinyce
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by fmbasic: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2009
@Samday:

Congrats on your dv lottery. As per your question, there are two ways to go about it:

1. As Single
Since you applied as a single person, it is advisable you go first and then you can file in for your spouse. That means you will still fill single in all the forms sent to you and which you are asked to fill and return back to Consular Office. You will need to return the forms to them in time. Am sure you will have seen details of all these in the parcel sent to you. The probability of gettig a visa as a single person is higher than married.

2. Married
If you are going to fill the form as married including the name of your spouse, you will need to provide all evidences of marriage i.e marriage certificates, other relevant documents and attach them together with those forms you will be sending back. That implies you will get married first before you send those forms back. I will advise you dont delay in sending the forms back. It is better you go together than you filing for her later, but the probability is not as high as a single person.

Good luck
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by samday: 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2009
Thank you very Much for the contribution,I think the best thing is to include her in the form becaus I can just wait for the Next five years without her in my life.Thanks once again.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by Thadude(m): 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2009
You cant include ur spouse if you didnt include him or her on the application, dont allow urself to be thrown out for ever!!!
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by JerryAdams: 5:44am On Apr 22, 2009
samday:

Nairalanders,  I have just won a DV lottery for 2010 but I was Single When I prayed it and I will be getting Marry on May 16, 2009. Can I still include my Spouse name or not? I need your professional advice. Thanks

Samday you are a L-I-A-R , do you get a kick out of making up stories or just crave the attention? The result for the DV lottery isn't due out until May and July 2009! Find as follows a copied information on the issue from the US Embassy:

Visa Services
Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery Program

The DV-2010 Lottery on-line registration ended at Noon EST on December 1, 2008. No further applications can be accepted after that date.

DV-2010 Lottery Instructions  - PDF format.

Diversity Visa Applicants Must Meet Eligibility Requirements

For more information on the Diversity Visa Program visit the Department of State's Consular Affairs website on the Travel.State.Gov http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html.

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is administered on an annual basis by the Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The program provides a maximum of up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DV) each fiscal year to be made available to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

The annual DV program makes permanent residence visas available to persons meeting the simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. A computer-generated random lottery drawing chooses selectees for diversity visas.

After the individuals have been selected at random from among all qualified entries through the State Department E-DV lottery computer program, they will NOT be notified by email. Those selected will be notified only by letter through the mail between May and July 2009 at the addresses listed on their E-DV entry. Only the randomly selected individuals will be notified. Persons not selected will NOT receive any notification. U.S. embassies and consulates will NOT be able to provide a list of those selected to continue the visa process.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by samday: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2009
I felt bad for you to have said I am lying anyway I am not,all that I need is advice on the issue o.k
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by JerryAdams: 4:12am On Apr 23, 2009
samday:

I felt bad for you to have said I am lying anyway I am not,all that I need is advice on the issue o.k

I've provided proof with a link to the US Department web site (above on my previous post) stating that results for DV2010 will not be out until May and July of this year (2009), even if you are from a different planet, with a time zone of a month ahead of everyone else, you will still have to wait for the proposed date and time set by the US DV Lottery. I therefore stand to be corrected and challenge you to to vindicate yourself by providing proof.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by next2u: 6:53am On Apr 23, 2009
jerryAdams why are you saying he lied about him being among those sellected.Do you work in kcc.i have seen about five people who had received the notification letter of DV2010 with contact one to one with their notification letter.

This is not your field of specalization.what you are not sure of please do say ok.i don,t like replying post like this but i just want to clearfy that the result is out DV2010
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by realcool: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2009
the lottery is out and at the end of the 2 months after all the mails has been sent,starting from this year the winners will be posted on the site, so just in case your mail got missing along the way.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by oncolor: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ JerryAdams
People started receiving their DV 2010 results in the U.S from Late March. I know people in Naija that received last year's lottery notification letters in April.

@ Poster
Congrats on your selection
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by cvibe: 6:19am On Apr 24, 2009
@ poster, if there is a space on the form for your spouse, simply fill in her details so that it is on record. You can always file for her later after getting your GC.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by JerryAdams: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2009
next2u:

jerryAdams why are you saying he lied about him being among those sellected.Do you work in kcc.i have seen about five people who had received the notification letter of DV2010 with contact one to one with their notification letter.

This is not your field of specalization.what you are not sure of please do say ok.i don,t like replying post like this but i just want to clearfy that the result is out DV2010

oncolor:

@ JerryAdams
People started receiving their DV 2010 results in the U.S from Late March. I know people in Naija that received last year's lottery notification letters in April.

@ Poster
Congrats on your selection

I still maintain my stance on the issue that results for the DV2010 Lottery is not yet out, please desist from hear say and deal with fact! To anyone wishing to confirm can do so by calling the Kentucky Consular Center on +1 606-526-7500 or go to the web address on http://travel.state.gov
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by chichii: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2009
a
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by ugoabidjan: 7:08pm On May 01, 2009
hi chichi,
This Ugochukwu from abidjan.I WANT TO BE YOUR NEW FRIEND
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by stkris(m): 9:23pm On May 01, 2009
congrats, there have been other people with similar issues, but its a tricky situation coz a lot of folks exploit the opportunity to claim a spouse n all. avoid those over here saying they can help you if u contact them. below is a link to a forum where nigerian DV winners have been discussing and helping each other out with information for a few years since 2006. you should find whatever answers u seek concerning the whole process from people there.

just patiently read through the latest thread for 'DV2009 winners from nigeria" before posting a question coz its all been discussed. good luck

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=276910
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by Paulash(m): 2:26am On May 09, 2009
What you have to do is inform KCC of your marriage.Scan the appropiate marriage documents and send it to them via email. Your spouse also has to fill out the DS forms/other forms
Like st-kris said, just go to www.immigrationportal.com. You will find more than enough info there.Go to the DV lottery section and search for "DV 2009 Lucky Winners from Nigeria". There are also threads for 2007, 2008, 2010
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by bjluv: 8:55am On May 15, 2009
Results out in May-June. You getting yours in April is kinda tricky though
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by rnknm: 6:55am On Sep 28, 2009
Hi,

so far i heard and browsed about USA green card lottery. but one of my friend received a mail concerning DV-2010 diversity immigrant program for fiscal year (June 2009, to January, 2010). did any one hear about 2010 D.V. UK Green Card Scheme?? do you think its not a spam?
and the mail stating that my friend is getting opportunity to being choses for it.

Look forward to hear your suggestions and opinions.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by justwise(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2009
rnknm:

Hi,

so far i heard and browsed about USA green card lottery. but one of my friend received a mail concerning DV-2010 diversity immigrant program for fiscal year (June 2009, to January, 2010). did any one hear about 2010 D.V. UK Green Card Scheme?? do you think its not a spam?
and the mail stating that my friend is getting opportunity to being choses for it.

Look forward to hear your suggestions and opinions.

Scam !!!!!!!! scam!!!!!!!! scam!!!!!! Uk don't do Green Card Sheme!! nd USA visa lottery is free!! becarefull.
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by MrGOAT: 7:36pm On Apr 20
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by eseka12(m): 3:51am On Apr 21
MrGOAT:
Eseka12,,,, good evening sir.... I saw that u messaged me on my other account and I'm banned there and have also forgotten my gmail,,,, I was shocked 😲 😲 to see dat Boss Eseka messaged me.... to what do I owe this great privilege?😊😊😁 I can give you my WhatsApp number if it something private u want us to talk about

I look forward to hearing from you sir
Alright, hit me up on my ig.... esekasunday
Re: 2010 DV Loottery: I Was Single, Now I'm Married by MrGOAT: 6:56am On Apr 21
eseka12:

Alright, hit me up on my ig.... esekasunday

Alright sir!!!!!! Will do that right away..

(1) (Reply)

Places On Earth That Could Have Been Made By Aliens / Please I Need Directions From OSHODI To LASPOTECH SURULERE. / Can I Come Back And Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.