Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate (12688 Views)

Poll: Is This A Good Initiative?

Yes: 77% (35 votes)
No: 22% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Migrants Trying To Enter Kiev Under Guise Of Football Team Detained At / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / An Illegal Nigerian Immigrant Arrested In UK After Living For 20years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by tjadeba(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2009
good deal?
read:

Switzerland has offered to pay any Nigerian living illegally in that country who is willing to return home, about 6,500 dollars (N961,000).
This was part of a Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Federal Government and Switzerland in 2004 on the Voluntary Repatriation of Nigerians illegally residing in that country.

“Under the agreement the Swiss Government is providing nearly 6,500 dollars as assistance to each of the nearly 1,000 Nigerians who want to voluntarily leave Switzerland to start off life after their sojourn,” the Nigerian Ambassador to Switzerland, Martin Uhomoibhi, said in Abuja weekend.

Uhomoibhi said the two countries were currently collaborating to ensure that the process of implementing the MoU conformed to international best practices and standards on agreements.

He said that currently, there were more that 4,000 Nigerians residing in Switzerland.

“They are not just throwing this money at them; they ensure that they have a viable business model or viable initiative.

“The process of implementing these businesses is being monitored by the Swiss authority in Nigeria, the International Organisation of Migration and officials of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and there are success stories.

“We are trying to encourage the Swiss Government to identify these success stories and see how we can popularise them because it will do a great deal of confidence building for both countries,’’ he said.

Uhomoibhi, who expressed the hope that Nigerians would not capitalize “on this laudable gesture by migrating en masse illegally to Swiss just to benefit from the grant”, said some mechanism had been put in place to check such abuses.

“I hope this would not happen because this gesture has underscored the goodwill of the Swiss Government and the swiftness in Nigeria’s diplomacy in entering into such partnership,” he said. The envoy further said that migration should not be seen as a negative thing, but, “rather the end use which sometimes could be very negative”.

“Human beings have to move from time to time, from one place to another so it is with Nigerians. What is important is to ensure that such movements are legal, constructive and fosters bilateral relations,’’ he stressed. (NAN)

http:///switzerland-nigerians
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by vikiviko(m): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2009
Its an opprtunity for any illegal to collect the cash and leave peacefullt.Because there will a be a manhunt now and if you are caught, thenext available flight to Nigeria without naira and kobo.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Thadude(m): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2009
Oh boy do u know how long it takes to get d money,I wanna fly in frm yankee collect the $6500 and return back 2 base. Pls send me d source of d news before I purchase my ticket. And I'd also like 2 know how long d process will last for.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Kc0022000(m): 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
@poster.

How current is this news? I would like to visit them and collect my own share,spend some time in Naija and back to location.Are they taking finger print and ID, details plz
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by benincitys(f): 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2009
the ideal is not to bad i will think about it grin grin
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by showbobo(m): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2009
Dollar is about 175naira now and 6500USD would be about 1,137,500naira. . . . . . Abeg,ya'll illegal immigrants should consider this oooo. . . . .It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity undecided
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by MrCrackles(m): 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
You guys shouldnt be mistaken, there is a catch!

The money is not just going to be doled out freely like that!

The will want to know what the money will be expended on!

Anyone in such circumstances will be back in Naija and left out of pocket!!! cheesy

Illegals pack your bags ready and go back home, the money will go a long way in resettling you all! grin

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by cabali(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2009
it's a trap period! grin
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by waterworks(f): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
at mr crackles i dont think so. i think the catch will be something like they cannot return for about 6 years or even better they will store all thier names somewhere and make sure they never give them visa! nothing goes for nothing oh!
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
most deffinately a trap!now lets see just how stupid nigerians are. grin
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2009
be rest assured that there'd be an influx of people to switzerland should this be real.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by hackney(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2009
No be Abacha money wey them seize them dey dish out so? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hei!!!!! stop there!!!!! LMAO
Oyibo no dey waste anything ooo!!! cool cool cool
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by radiovibe: 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
Abeg give me clue, I am just a state away.  tongue . Make i no as I wan take waka because na recession opportunity be dis o.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by PurestBoy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2009
wish i were i swiss
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by toosoon(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2009
dis na our national cake, wey dem loot ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Hauwa1: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2009
this is good, for a poor student like me, 6500 is a good catch money wise, can a student collect too? see dollar rain cool

6500, nice one! with all this rent/mortg, bills in and out, tax on even my fish, costly groceries etc who like abroad again grin
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2009
GOOD! BETTER! BEST!!

YAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by seun001(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2009
Dollar is about 175naira now and 6500USD would be about 1,137,500naira. . . . . . Abeg,ya'll illegal immigrants should consider this oooo. . . . .It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity

unfortunately,with the naira at 175 naira/$1,ur purchasing power has eroded and inflation has hit an all time high.and that is wot economists have been tryin to explain to ur dumbass cbn gov when he decided to devalue the naira.

also,it seem the money will not be handed over thru cash but u need to come up with a business model and hw u r gonna expend the money, so u illegal immigrants had better stay holed up in ur hideouts. grin grin grin
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by tallrock(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
Hello to all Nigerians living illegally in Swiss! Don't ever go near the Swiss to accept this offer, It's a pure death trap. Those people are the most selfish nation in Europe. You'll end up at KIRIKIRI Lagos because both cash and your FT is not from Swiss Govt, it's actually coming from Nigerian Embassy, so you'll pay with your head when you arrived at ML and you'll at same time not be able to travel to any European Country in next 10years because your Biometric information will be taken. The offer is not for those that didn't ask asylum in Swiss, so, they will first check if you have asked asylum in Swiss.
If you are a booby thinking that you will get this money; better think of something else because Swiss are mean people.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by GeorgeD1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
If it is true, then this is the best thing to ever happen to any nigerian
illegal immigrant any part of the world. Anyone who is wise will go and
collect the money and come back home. With proper planning, that
sum is enough to establish any serious minded individual in business. It
may not seem like much, but think about it, what if the nigerian govt can
give even a quarter of this amount to its jobless citizens? There will be
a drastic reduction of nigerians stowing away in ships or travelling through
niger or chad republic just to escape from the country. Because they
will prefer to stay here and do business rather than go to another man's
land to wash toilets, sweep gutters and the like.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by tallrock(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2009
George_D:

If it is true, then this is the best thing to ever happen to any Nigerian
illegal immigrant any part of the world. Anyone who is wise will go and
collect the money and come back home. With proper planning, that
sum is enough to establish any serious minded individual in business. It
may not seem like much, but think about it, what if the Nigerian govt can
give even a quarter of this amount to its jobless citizens? There will be
a drastic reduction of Nigerians stowing away in ships or travelling through
niger or chad republic just to escape from the country. Because they
will prefer to stay here and do business rather than go to another man's
land to wash toilets, sweep gutters and the like.

Bros, Do you know that it's better to live illegally in another man's land than to live illegal in your own land? Why would a white man enjoy precedence over you in your own land? I am sure that even if you had 1st class results you will never beat a common Arab man to get a job in your Nigeria. It's better to go there, wash toilets and you will be respected; get your salary at the end of the month instead of coming back to Nigeria. Let's not pretend ok? things are not going the way it's supposed to be in nigeria otherwise Nigerians wont be taking shits from anybody in the world because they are blessed.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by tobaina: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2009
*singing*
i smell trouble,
No free money anywhere o!
Not even birthday gifts r free these days. My people think twice!!!
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by RichDad1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2009
Hmmm,I smell trouble.illegal immigtrants use ur head ,this is too good to be true.remember O.Y.O well i trust my naija peeps sha!
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by DoubleN(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2009
If it is not CASH,no deal!
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2009
tallrock:

Bros, Do you know that it's better to live illegally in another man's land than to live illegal in your own land? Why would a white man enjoy precedence over you in your own land? I am sure that even if you had 1st class results you will never beat a common Arab man to get a job in your Nigeria. It's better to go there, wash toilets and you will be respected; get your salary at the end of the month instead of coming back to Nigeria. Let's not pretend ok? things are not going the way it's supposed to be in nigeria otherwise Nigerians wont be taking shits from anybody in the world because they are blessed.

While it's true that discrimination goes on even here in nigeria, i'm not sure it's totally correct
that the best way to be respected is to work slavishly in the white man's land.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by GoldCircle: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
tallrock:

This indeed portrays the level of moral decadence that pervades today's Nigeria especially with the youth! I mean how can some1 make such comments! I can smell low self esteem here (no harm intended), but please nobody will bring you down if don't put your self down for them to trample on! I am a first class citizen in Naija & I am don't foresee any1 from my immediate generation washing toilets for anybody overseas!
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Honda29: 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2009
GoldCircle:

This indeed portrays the level of moral decadence that pervades today's Nigeria especially with the youth! I mean how can some1 make such comments! I can smell low self esteem here (no harm intended), but please nobody will bring you down if don't put your self down for them to trample on! I am a first class citizen in Naija & I am don't foresee any1 from my immediate generation washing toilets for anybody overseas!

Thank your stars that you belong to the parasitic 5%. Thousands of our people get drown in the sea every year in their effort to escape to Europe to do that toilet cleaning job. That is the choice your Nigeria have made available to them. If I am a graduate from Nigerian university and my father or uncle or their friends are not shareholders in MTN, Glo or the money laundering banks and none of my relative is a top evil (sorry civil) servant in the public sector or a politrician (sorry politician) and I have wasted years after graduation searching fruitlessly for jobs that are not there for those who have no connection with or link to our crooked elites, I would gladly take an offer to become a toilet cleaner in Europe. You know what? In Europe toilet cleaners buy houses, buy cars, travel abroad on holidays and bring up their kids in a sane society. Besides, doing the toilet cleaning job is just a means of starting all over again. Many end up retraining and becoming highly paid professionals. I respect those people thousands times more those "my father's friend got that bank job for me" types because the former are overcomers having faced adversity and confronted it head on.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by glamore: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2009
Nah wah o. There is always some kind of catch to these kind of deal. With this age of finger printing and interlinking of every countries databases, it might be a little difficult trying to get visa to anywhere else in the world.

Its something to think about. grin

www.glamorebags.com
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by lastpage: 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2009
Am just wondering and l am not claiming any "sainthood" myself but, what is it with us (Nigerians), that under any circumstance, the first thing that crosses our mind is how to "abuse any law or oppurtunity"? Are we the only ones suffering on this mother earth?
, And to read about the "glee" with which we discuss such criminal tendencies makes me think something is definitely wrong with our moral fiber  

First, like someone observed, "Oyinbo" is not stupid, , not even in a recession for that matter!
The money is actually a good gesture to assist those who are "trapped" in Switzerland (and get rid of what they think are 'nuisance' foreigners). They have no future there since they are illegals and as with most illegals, coming home is not a very attractive option since there is nothing to fallback on, at home yet, life abroad is worse than slavery at times angry it could become a matter of life or death
This "bail-out" is to provide a "second-chance" for such people - a win-win situation for everyone involved.

The 'illegal' will be re-settled into a "viable business" back home in Nigeria ( not cash at hand) and the Swiss embassy will monitor such person's business progress.
Such initiative is obtainable in other European countries also. (U report yourself to immigration for voluntary deportation, they "facilitate your departure" with such funds, including a plane ticket). That to me, is better than "crating people" and choking them to death en-route as in Spain and U.K recently. This project needs encouragement, NOT CRIMINAL ABUSE.

Now, for the "sharp shooters" who think they are the smartest con-men on earth, finger prints, eye-scan, pictures and possible micro implant will ensure that you cant go back not only to Switzerland, but you can not enter any European country, Scandinavian country or America and Canada since they now have and operate a "joint database" of "exposed illegals". So, think twice about your fast moves, you might end up in some remote jail and dont turn around to blame the Nigerian Government for that also  grin

But for those living illegally in that country, l will suggest you show-up and sign-on for the opportunity. Around #1.3Million+ can not be picked on the roadside!
You can invest the money in  "Recharge-Card Sales" business. You can start small by opening ur own Barbing saloon with a Portable Generator  grin
With the money you can opt for a "Provisions shop", how about selling food stuffs? If you have any technical skills, a furniture shop, Mechanic workshop, plumbing or even selling electrical parts might just start you off!
And you never can tell, with hard work, honesty and dedication, God might just have answered that your prayer for success in life after all, we all have brilliant ideas on how to make money but getting the capital to start is the 'koko' of the matter - dont mention Nigerian banks for now, their own matta is for another day.

Forgive me but its time we stop focusing on the "criminal side of life, how to make one "fast illegal buck" here and there, it does not give us any inner satisfaction nor integrity but l guess "extreme poverty" and "integrity" are not bed-fellows!
Nigerians are one of the most brilliant people God created but we need to channel that 'mental energy' into doing positive things, having positive thoughts - I know the empty barrels ruling our country are making such rational thinking almost impossible, -  but we need to keep trying.
We can not give up on ourselves and turn our country into another Somalia, we are too blessed, too big, too diverse, too smart and too proud a nation , and people
I know l will get a lot of flak for what l have written above - it runs contrary to current mood and thinking  tongue - but hey, its the truth.

Okay, c'mmon, give it to me, kick my butt and call me names. Its okay with me, go ahead pls.  grin

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by arogbowei: 12:04am On Apr 23, 2009
Actually i have met at least two persons who have collected this sum from the Swiss government in the recent past. Guess what? Shortly after returning to Naija, one traveled to Britain, then he won this US visa lottery, and is currently in Obamaland (USA). I am sure, the second person is equally processing his papers. Wish him well.

There is actually, a NGO that was hoping to work with the Swiss government to that effect, it was supposed to monitor voluntary returnees, amongst other activities, and yours' sincerely was supposed to be their Coordinator.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by sherifatou: 3:17am On Apr 23, 2009
@ lastpage

wise words.

@ topic

switzerland is a tiny country. Cant blame them if they get unfriendly when too many foreigners come in. A lot of places are starting to get tired of the constant hard luck stories coming out of Africa in general and Nigeria in particular. Especially with this credit crunch.
Re: Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 23, 2009
guys i need to enter switzerland and collect my own $6,500. can anyone tell me how to enter there illegally and collect the money and then leave.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Turkish Embassy. / Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident / Luxembourg Enquiries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.