Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members (27869 Views)

Kaduna Corpers & Ex Corpers Protesting Non-Payment Of Allowances (Photos) / NYSC Denies Launching Portal For Payment Of N75,000 To Ex Corps Members / NYSC Gives Conditions For Payment Of Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Physika(f): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
@butanep am yet to register o, I plan doing it tomorrow. Pls suggest states I cn choose. Btw, am still expecting the money o. Lolz
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
83lagosroad:

ure just been hyprocritical by ur writeup. i think youre just lucky to have been sent to school. myfriend fingers are not equal, i mean some cant afford the luxury your parents put you through. if. a local government councillor earns above #100,000. and a gradute cant be paid #5000. hummmmm. i cry for this change parttern
Well I understand the state of affairs in terms of the economic situation But that doesn't change the law. There is nowhere in the NYSC act book that State shall pay Corps members allowances. ONLY EMPLOYERS....
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by butanep(m): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
Physika:
@butanep am yet to register o, I plan doing it tomorrow. Pls suggest states I cn choose. Btw, am still expecting the money o. Lolz

I suggest you choose state(s) closer to where you reside. It is better that way!

Don't eye the state alawee because most state don't pay alawee nowadays. Think of where you can serve and also add value to yourself.

Life of a corper is not easy.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Physika(f): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
butanep:

I suggest you choose state(s) closer to where you reside. It is better that way!

Don't eye the state alawee because most state don't pay alawee nowadays. Think of where you can serve and also add value to yourself.

Life of a corper is not easy.

#Points noted.
Thanks alot.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Bizgold: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
yes now igbo ofcos
Maxcollins042:
Everything about Ogun state is cheat,dem too like money,later dem go say na Igbo men like money pass,this disdainful development calls for a protest.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

There is NO injustice here... NYSC pays Corpers... State allowance is just a bonus and not mandatory of the states. It's just an incentive, That's Why some states Don't pay (Imo, Edo, Benue, etc)...

So Mate, there is NO injustice here. It's a Christmas gift that stopped coming... You can't blame Santa
If you are a corper you will see on the posting letter that the employer is to pay or provide an equivalent to accommodation to the corp member

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by UnimkeAk(m): 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

There is NO injustice here... NYSC pays Corpers... State allowance is just a bonus and not mandatory of the states. It's just an incentive, That's Why some states Don't pay (Imo, Edo, Benue, etc)...

So Mate, there is NO injustice here. It's a Christmas gift that stopped coming... You can't blame Santa

So easy for you to type ; cuz u aint in their shoes.

But ur right tho
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by bamac(m): 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Life is still better in Ogun my people... What about others in rural states like benue wey no dey get state allawe? They are even suffering more than those in southwest yet they don't collect any state allawee. Please just take heart and pray for POP to come and go for you to set your mind in one place.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
UnimkeAk:

So easy for you to type ; cuz u aint in their shoes.

But ur right tho
That's all that count...
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

If you are a corper you will see on the posting letter that the employer is to pay or provide an equivalent to accommodation to the corp member
I didn't argue that....
That doesn't mean state Allowee is necessary...
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by prodiG(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
warrior01:

Oh I thought Ogun state is the most 'industrialized after Lagos , so what happened to the big IGR generated. The chicken is gradually coming home to roast as most APC states have continued to prove again and again that they have nothing to offer but only propaganda. God save us from this evil party
As in eh
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

I didn't argue that....
Allawee is important.
We were not given accommodation neither money for accommodation. It is against the NYSC stipulation
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Well I understand the state of affairs in terms of the economic situation But that doesn't change the law. There is nowhere in the NYSC act book that State shall pay Corps members allowances. ONLY EMPLOYERS....
But when state is the employer nko?
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by samguru(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

But when state is the employer nko?

Federal Government is the Employer
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Maxcollins042(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
prodiG:
Apart from abeokuta,I won't advice any corper to go there because I know what we in the villages are passing through. Anyway am just counting the days so I can split from this hellhole cool
Apart from the capital city Abeokuta, Ado-Odo Ota is another good place,better than Abeokuta sef.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by MrGerald(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
This amusu sha
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Pque(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
My plea to the state government is that, they continue to support the youth in the programme. Please, don't dash our high hope.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Pque(m): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
smada13:

see this guy, wey me dey charge #800 for primary and #1200 for secondary for all subjects o...wey u dey collect #2000 u no happy..

this crack me lol... Lesson: in every condition u find urself, u just have a reason to thank God. Many are in worse situation than you are and will b happy to be in your shoe. All u can do is to continue to strive positively 4 better position. Let d struggle continue.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by smarttm: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Remember that the said state gov allowance is nt your right...so please u don't have to protest...its a pity....take heart and pray for good job...
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
samguru:

If FG is the employer, it won't be written on the posting letter

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by MrRhymes101(m): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
Take heart bro, I also served in Ogun state and during my time d state government decided 2 pay some dat 55k and left others, claiming that those that served in d "city" do not deserve d pay. Its so sad that corpers are practically handicapped in situations like dis
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by angeltolly(f): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
lakaplonto:
I did my service in Ogun state. I did not receive any 55000 from any state government. I rounded up my service in the year 2014. Batch A.

Served in a village under yewa south. 2014 Batch A.... I was paid my 55k but some of us didn't get it.... They kept posting them that they will pay as they were paying in batches. All na lie..... That was wen the irregularities started. I heard they didn't pay 2014 batch B. Too bad. If you ever served in those villages you will know that that 55k is the only consolation you've got.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by dimarket(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
NyscBobo:
Lalasticlala seun obinoscopy supermods! Help

Imagine! chosed Ogun state as my first being that is closer to lagos where I schooled and lived! This shouldn't be true!
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by tunde4top(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
samguru:

i think you are doing to know here sir (i am sorry if that is harsh). It is boldly written on the nysc posting letter that at the place ppa, corpers must be provided with good accommodation, or good monthly allawance as substitude. The ppa boss saw it, attested to it, and the corper took the result to nysc. Why is now the government standing as the ppa boss rejection the law it attested it ?. Why did not the government reject corpers from serving in there public school, if they know they do not respect there service ?. In the nysc bye lay, ppa boss is to provide conducive environment for corper (majorly centered on good accommodation or pay the corper equivalent to provide that for himself), and corper then mandated to render selfless service.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by ojay2053(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
Op, I feel ya pain. I (we) suffered the same thing, 2013/2014 batch A. They didn't pay us a dime. We felt used after serving that ugly state. It's well, pick up your piece and move on, cos what's out there is greater than their damn 55k change. Soldier on, son.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by dam4wummy(m): 6:28am On Oct 05, 2015
Freemanan:

Well it never stated alloance being compulsory, but it clearly states that all employers must provide accomodation. Thats why they dont pay those in private firms.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by mactoni91(m): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2015
Freemanan:

I didn't argue that....
guy, ve been reading ur replies in silence...
U're just too being hypocritical

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by EmmyDe25(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2015
Don't know what my uncle's problem is. I guess he feels he could just be acting anyhow since he's on his final term as governor. The LEAST set of people any politician should ever think of cheating or ripping-off are corps members.
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by don4real18(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2015
See what my state had caused..... We need leaders we can hold accountable
Re: Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 06, 2015
NyscBobo:
Lalasticlala seun obinoscopy supermods! Help

Imagine! I chosed Ogun state as my first being that is closer to lagos where I schooled and lived! This shouldn't be true!
AHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! busted! so u worked ur nysc abiii?? na God catch u tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Corper: 'My Mother Made Me A Graduate With Fish Selling' / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth / Thread 4 Corpers Posted To Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.