Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,717 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest (785 Views)

Charly Boy To Protest For Diezani Alison-Madueke's Extradition / Stanley Lawson Purchased Le-Meridien Hotel In Port Harcourt For Diezani -SaharaR / Journalists Waiting For Diezani In Front Of UK Police Station (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest by vivianblog(f): 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest

Reported arrest of Diezani Alison-Madueke in London might become one of the loudest cases of a top Nigerian official prosecution.

Personality of the former petroleum minister has been associated with a series of corruption scandals and controversies.

The arrest comes days after President Buhari met with senior UK’s officials David Cameron and Gordon Brown in the course of his visit to New York. It should be recalled that during that very US trip the Nigerian leader also named himself as petroleum minister.

Vivian Blog considered major unresolved cases that might serve as reasons for Diezani’s persecutionMrs.-Diezani-Alison-Madueke.

1. Private jets purchase
The minister was once accused of having spent N10 billion of public funds to charter, operate and maintain a jet for her private use.

The lawmaker who filed the motion said the expenditure would be only “a tip of the iceberg” adding that many more billions could have been frittered on flying the jet all over the world “obviously for the leisure”.

Alison-Madueke, however, strongly denied the allegation, characterising sthe stories as mere fabrication.

2. More embezzling
About a year ago Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who was at that time the acting CBN governor, said Diezani was among those who should be held responsible for disappearance of $20 billion in oil revenues from the national treasury.

3. Indian commissioner has a say
The Indian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam, has recently insisted that the NNPC had used intermediaries in the annual $14 billion deal instead of just signing a long-term agreement with New Delhi during Diezani’s term in office.

“How many years is it? Nine years. Even to get the concession is not possible, and the money is not refunded to us. For nine years your country has been sitting on this, and they make us go round and round and round. We buy $15 billion worth of crude oil per year and we have the potential of importing $50 billion worth of crude oil from Nigeria.”

READ ALSO: Alison-Madueke Finally Breaks Silence On Shady Oil Deal With India

4. Generous $250 million from Deizani to Buhari?
The former minister was said to have offered this huge amount to the federal government in order to receive immunity from prosecution and investigation of any kind.

An APC members, who pleaded for anonymity, said:

“Mr President considers the $250 million as ridiculous considering the amount of money Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke is suspected to have diverted into her pocket and those of others.”

5. Asylum seeker
One of the facts that might serve as prove of the illegality of the ex-miniter’s activities is that following Buhari’s inauguration, Diezani was seeking an asylum abroad. It was reported that she had been refused on by at least six countries.

Her official media aide dismissed stories saying she had never even applied for any asylum.

source http://www.vivianblog.com/top-5-reasons-for-diezanis-arrest.html

Re: Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest by donholy28(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
That one concern them
Re: Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest by bosa1(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest by Dannyset(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Too many Yokes on her shoulders that anointing has refused to break. If the cross isn't too heavy for her, let her carry it.
People should be brought to book for atrocities, especially stealing. So that it will send signals to our politicians(young n old). We are in financial mess today because some people don't give a Damn yesterday.
Let people be dealt with, with total cooperation from all geopolitical zones.
Re: Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest by Glowstone(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
I know this off topic but I have to

oga seun wetin this one mean? I saw an advert in one of the section which reads "see the car wash where girls strip fully naked to provide service while customer watches shocked shocked 0booy see speed wen I take click ads only to be redirected to one mumu site and I don dey plan how I wan take my pali car show dier mehn see disappointment oo infact I no dey click any ad from today
Re: Top 5 Reasons For Diezani's Arrest by Skillz4u(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Let her dance to the music too, nobody is above the law

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Presidency Is The Biggest Blessing To Niger Deltans / Diezani’s Bribery Trial: Efcc Heads To London With Documents Found In Her House. / Apc-led Government Gradually Killing Ijaw People - Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.