Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers (49776 Views)

FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by emmanuel2015: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
Demmzy15:

To your father mother father's house! undecided

When Jesus returns! undecided

Osogbo Weed!

Yh, I told you earlier. I'm on Oshogbo leaves! undecided

Biafran mosquitoes! undecided

Do you smoke Oshogbo leaves too? How can you be asking me "are you back" When I'm not even gone! undecided

Muri metá undecided
see dis kpomo dey talk abt biafra, mind ur family ooo
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by agarawu23(m): 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
tosyne2much:
Boss i throway salute ooo cool
shocked na God get salute o cool
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by tosyne2much(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Teeboy22:

America all the way nah cool
AMEN BRO

THANKS JAWE MY BIGGEST BOSS8)
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by tosyne2much(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
agarawu23:
shocked na God get salute o cool
I see as una just dey go yankee like say tomorrow no dey cool
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by agarawu23(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
tosyne2much:
I see as una just dey go yankee like say tomorrow no dey cool
baba, na God cool
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by bqlekan(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
I stole this and I think this thread needs it...

Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
Teeboy22:
8. Where do you work?

This one, you must surely hear several times if you use the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. It is almost like the go-to question for attendants. When I hear this question, often I wonder “are there offices whose employees are not allowed to leave the country?” Or has the law blacklisted employees of some companies from travelling? Your answer to this question is usually followed by “show me you ID card.” I once asked an attendant who claimed to be working for the drug law enforcement agency why this mattered to them, and he said drug traffickers would be inconsistent. I perceived his answer as lame. Anyone can claim an office and forge its ID. What if a traveller is unemployed? Would you stop her?

Have you been profiled in any airport across the world? Share your experience

cc: justwise ,lalasticlala, bigfrancis21, seun ,disguy.samhay
WHAT DID U BRING FOR US?
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
tosyne2much:
AMEN BRO

THANKS JAWE MY BIGGEST BOSS8)

yaga..hw ur side?
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by tosyne2much(m): 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
Teeboy22:

yaga..hw ur side?
My biggest boss, my syd just tight oooo

How urz ?
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by ocee31(m): 12:19am On Oct 04, 2015
Teeboy22:

pictures of ur beards or adonbelieveit grin
like i care
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 04, 2015
Teeboy22:
8. Where do you work?

This one, you must surely hear several times if you use the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. It is almost like the go-to question for attendants. When I hear this question, often I wonder “are there offices whose employees are not allowed to leave the country?” Or has the law blacklisted employees of some companies from travelling? Your answer to this question is usually followed by “show me you ID card.” I once asked an attendant who claimed to be working for the drug law enforcement agency why this mattered to them, and he said drug traffickers would be inconsistent. I perceived his answer as lame. Anyone can claim an office and forge its ID. What if a traveller is unemployed? Would you stop her?

Have you been profiled in any airport across the world? Share your experience

cc: justwise ,lalasticlala, bigfrancis21, seun ,disguy.samhay
A silly FAAN staff (lady hanging around the customs checking area asked me why I have a Nigerian surname and foreign nationality. I simply told her it was none of her business. When I gave her a sarcastic reply, the customs staff laughed her to scorn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by wiringdpt(m): 5:27am On Oct 04, 2015
I remember when they asked this questions first time I was traveling now when they see my passport they just let me go without any questions
Teeboy22:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/187267-eight-annoying-questions-nigerian-airport-officials-ask-international-travellers.html

Travelling out of Nigeria can be herculean. Sometimes, not because you’ve got your documentation wrong, but the silly profiling officials at the airport try to make you go through at every desk. Everyone you meet turns himself into some sort of detective profiling you for drugs or terrorism, or just to strike a conversation upon which you would be asked to tip them. Because travellers are usually pressed for time, one tries to avoid confrontations that would cause delays on any counter. Workers at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja are particularly notorious for these, subjecting travellers to annoying profiling.

At the Abuja airport, there is no clear distinction of roles for officials. The attendant who would screen your bag asks you almost the same set of questions as the one who would screen your passport or frisk you before you enter the departure lounge. It appears it is every official’s job to collect information from the traveller.

Here are some of the most common silly questions I have been asked repeatedly, especially in Abuja. Most times, these attendants ask these question with a seriousness that instantly convinces you of the genuineness and the right to know. I really do not see the reason for most of these questions. I am usually amused when I hear some of them.

1. Where are you going to?
I suppose every traveller using the airport has a destination written on their ticket or other travel documents. If the final destination of a traveller has any use for airport attendants, why don’t they just go ahead and ask for tickets or boarding passes?
Sometimes you even get this question after you have handed in your travel documents. The funny thing with this question is that the officials asking do not intend to document the answers in any way; and if a traveller gives the wrong answer, they never bother to crosscheck. Maybe they ask so as to break the ice with you.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by lukmandwise(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2015
U wouldn't understand why Dos questions are asked. they asked for verification purposes. have u ever heard of INAD before?
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Akinrogun(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2015
agarawu23:
no sir! Proudly ijebu
omo yemi....we le drop de won ni port....representing Jebus.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by agarawu23(m): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2015
Akinrogun:

omo yemi....we le drop de won ni port....representing Jebus.
we mo fo owo ijebu ju na grin
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Akinrogun(m): 9:36am On Oct 04, 2015
agarawu23:
we mo fo owo ijebu ju na grin
iyen da o.....na owo ara re......mi fo ko na inakuna o.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by agarawu23(m): 9:44am On Oct 04, 2015
Akinrogun:

iyen da o.....na owo ara re......mi fo ko na inakuna o.
lol oga, seems you can write ijebu well, I am not that perfect o cheesy

Ijebu ibosi ewen ti wa?
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Akinrogun(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2015
agarawu23:
lol oga, seems you can write ijebu well, I am not that perfect o cheesy

Ijebu ibosi ewen ti wa?

ijebu ode....ode nikere ajagbalura!
to b honest....I'm home inclined nw..... I need someone to blow my ijebu phonetics with.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by agarawu23(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2015
Akinrogun:

ijebu ode....ode nikere ajagbalura!
to b honest....I'm home inclined nw..... I need someone to blow my ijebu phonetics with.
ijebu Igbo re Mi wa.

Lol
I do enjoy when I see ppl speak the language but I find it difficult to speak. But I can speak little sha. You can speak with friends that can speak it better
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2015
wiringdpt:
I remember when they asked this questions first time I was traveling now when they see my passport they just let me go without any questions

many countries don disvirgin u now grin hehehe
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2015
VivaVivre:
A silly FAAN staff (lady hanging around the customs checking area asked me why I have a Nigerian surname and foreign nationality. I simply told her it was none of her business. When I gave her a sarcastic reply, the customs staff laughed her to scorn.

hehehhe

re u serious grin
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2015
ocee31:
like i care
u don vex
tosyne2much:
My biggest boss, my syd just tight oooo

How urz ?

fine o..wetn dey now?

happy sunday
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2015
lukmandwise:
U wouldn't understand why Dos questions are asked. they asked for verification purposes. have u ever heard of INAD before?

No..i haven't
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by tosyne2much(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2015
Teeboy22:

fine o..wetn dey now?

happy sunday
I dey inside church dey surf cheesy
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Gabaleve(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
ril19:
I'll just stash enough cash in my bag which i'll use to slap close any mouth thats opening to ask me an annoying question.
buhari must hear dis!!
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by wiringdpt(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
I dey tell you I be bad market for them
Teeboy22:

many countries don disvirgin u now grin hehehe
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
wiringdpt:
I dey tell you I be bad market for them

naso jare..

Well..wetn i notice b say

Dey dnt really disturb travellers going to,Us,canada,australia,Uk nd the likes?

Which country where u travelin to den??
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
tosyne2much:
I dey inside church dey surf cheesy

Surf am well. in Jesus name

grin grin
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by ocee31(m): 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
Teeboy22:

u don vex
anybody wey dey vex for nairaland matter na mutula or sokoto gudali
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
ocee31:
anybody wey dey vex for nairaland matter na mutula or sokoto gudali

naso

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) / See The First 3D Zebra Crossing In Nigeria (Photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.