Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers (49772 Views)

FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 05, 2015
I'm damn serious my dear. She really anoyed me that day. My flight was delayed by 4 hours, I was on transit to Amsterdam and there she went taking trash.
Teeboy22:

hehehhe

re u serious grin
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by loomer: 5:39am On Oct 05, 2015
People like us wey neva go airport make we just dey read comments
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by GboyegaD(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2015
omonnakoda:

Not true.

As a matter of fact,The NDLEA and immigration officials are entitled to ask this question.
Any person empowered to do a body search is entitled to ask this too.
Generally when travelling out you are unlikely to have contact with Customs officials most of the time

I don't think so. The customs, may be. Each time I have traveled, I have never been asked at my departure point how much I have except in Nigeria. The only time I know such questions are asked is on the landing form and that question isn't on our landing form.
I have had silly experiences and I will list a few I remember:
2013 December, a customs guy asked me why I returned back having left 4 montha earlier and my response was do you pay for my ticket or how does it concern you whe. I left (this is a rephrase since I can't recollect my exact response). He said he was going to check my luggage thinking he could delay me. At last, he said what did I bring for him and I told him nothing.
Another was when an immigration officer asked that I open my wallet. I told her I only travel with $20 and she was pissed.
I truly don't know why they ask all sorts of annoying questions when they keep no records of our reaponses.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by GboyegaD(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

Exactly but there are exceptions ..when they close counter which is 30 mins before take off in some local flight

Bro u must give ooooo or u miss your flight

Nobody can make you miss your flight. I think it all bouys down to how you address them.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by omonnakoda: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

I don't think so. The customs, may be. Each time I have traveled, I have never been asked at my departure point how much I have except in Nigeria. The only time I know such questions are asked is on the landing form and that question isn't on our landing form.
I have had silly experiences and I will list a few I remember:
2013 December, a customs guy asked me why I returned back having left 4 montha earlier and my response was do you pay for my ticket or how does it concern you whe. I left (this is a rephrase since I can't recollect my exact response). He said he was going to check my luggage thinking he could delay me. At last, he said what did I bring for him and I told him nothing.
Another was when an immigration officer asked that I open my wallet. I told her I only travel with $20 and she was pissed.
I truly don't know why they ask all sorts of annoying questions when they keep no records of our reaponses.
I am talkig about the law and their duties not anecdotal or personal experience. The NDLEA are empowered to ask you questions about anything for the lawful prevention or detection of drug trafficking that is within their power. So Let us leave your biography out of it. They have such power NOT ONLY at airports. They can arrest you in Ogbomosho Market and demand to see your passport or bank account information. What is important is to know the law. The same applies to officers with regard to human trafficking (immigration) Terrorism (DSS) etc . Even the Inland Revenue IF THEY CHOOSE can apprehend you at the airport. They must follow the law but the powers of these agencies are very wide.

What happens routinely or everyday is another matter but because it is not routine does not mean they do not have such powers
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2015
loomer:
People like us wey neva go airport make we just dey read comments

Iffa hear !
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by tonychristopher: 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

Nobody can make you miss your flight. I think it all bouys down to how you address them.

Your true but when counter closes then you are on your own ...I have made it point of duty to be in airport minimum an hour before take off
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by GboyegaD(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
omonnakoda:

I am talkig about the law and their duties not anecdotal or personal experience. The NDLEA are empowered to ask you questions about anything for the lawful prevention or detection of drug trafficking that is within their power. So Let us leave your biography out of it. They have such power NOT ONLY at airports. They can arrest you in Ogbomosho Market and demand to see your passport or bank account information. What is important is to know the law. The same applies to officers with regard to human trafficking (immigration) Terrorism (DSS) etc . Even the Inland Revenue IF THEY CHOOSE can apprehend you at the airport. They must follow the law but the powers of these agencies are very wide.

What happens routinely or everyday is another matter but because it is not routine does not mean they do not have such powers

Oga, I repeat, NDLEA Officials have no power to ask how much I have on me when traveling.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by omonnakoda: 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

Oga, I repeat, NDLEA Officials have no power to ask how much I have on me when traveling.
You can repeat that till Christmas it changes nothing when they ask you repeat it to them.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by GboyegaD(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
omonnakoda:

You can repeat that till Christmas it changes nothing when they ask you repeat it to them.

NDLEA has never asked for such and they never will.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by omonnakoda: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

NDLEA has never asked for such and they never will.
If you say it ,it must be true
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by loomer: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
Teeboy22:

Iffa hear !

I dey tell u
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
loomer:

I dey tell u

i don hear sir grin

hw abt dat day i been see u for arik flight, where ur plane been take off grin

oshodi ??
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2015
bayocanny:
I'm here to read comment
Warriboy, cooboy, dondemex, stewee, honeyad
Come share your story oo
Boss, i saw your mail but can't find it in my box.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Moana(f): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

To your father mother father's house! undecided

When Jesus returns! undecided

Osogbo Weed!

Yh, I told you earlier. I'm on Oshogbo leaves! undecided

Biafran mosquitoes! undecided

Do you smoke Oshogbo leaves too? How can you be asking me "are you back" When I'm not even gone! undecided

Muri metá undecided
I had missed nairaland die! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by iblaw: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mufasa27:

Dollars ?? I thought you said you just returned from the U.K

They dont care where you are coming from ,all they want is dollars
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 8:42am On Dec 11, 2015
any gist
Hope say dose immi niggas no attack u..lol
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Originalsly: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
My advice....they form..you form right back...answer question with question. From the first irrelevant question.. take out pen and paper ask and try to verify their name... take out their pic and share it immediately... then give them your full attention again by asking what do you want to know again? ....while pressing the voice recorder button. I guarantee you there would be no more asking or any begging.
Re: Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers by Teeboy22(m): 6:10am On Jan 21, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.