Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group (22155 Views)

Bring Back Our Girls Protest To Aso Villa / Hadiza Bala Usman: Bring Back Our Girls Group Exposed As APC Activist Wing / Where Is The Bring Back Our Girls Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2015
That they are not being tear gassed doesn't mean they are no longer active

That the president does not see them as enemies that must be silenced does not mean they don't exist

That the police and army no longer disrupt their gathering does mean that the media has neglected them.

Day 500

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 04, 2015
Day 536

1 Share

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2015
Lagos group

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2015
They are in government hence their unruly behaviors are no longer in play.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2015
Day 520
16yrs old presents artwork

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:02am On Oct 04, 2015
Defense spokesman, Gen. Chris Olukolade has written a very touching personal letter to Obiageli Ezekwesili, front-liner of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

See letter below:

''Indeed, there is still room for more merciful and robust engagement or interface between you and the government and security agencies in the drive to secure the return of our girls. Enough of undue hate campaign and antagonism.

''I have followed your activities with due interest. I personally have nothing against your organisation or its advocacy concerning efforts to recover our girls from captivity of terrorists. I believe that someday, both your efforts and that of the Nigerian military will be duly understood and appreciated.

''It is unfortunate that some have sought to equate our efforts to give accounts of activities on the nation’s war on terror as propaganda or cover-up. This is not true. We know the difference. The fact is that the battle situation around could be very fluid and susceptible to rapid changes. The situations around the battle could also change accordingly in an inexplicable manner.

''This trend is also compounded by various perspectives that have been employed to seriously polarise the understanding of the situation along the line of all kinds of sentiments and biases prevailing in the environment. We cannot engage in a shouting match with those who have other motives. We can only try to explain situation to the best of our understanding and available information.

''The report we present on situations are based on the available information and observance of the elements of propriety, security, policy and accuracy, which has remained our guiding principles. It is really not true as you have been made to assert repeatedly that the Defence Headquarters and myself are the only sources of information on the operation.

''The sweeping judgement and insistence that we must do things in a particular way or your claim that we do not follow best practices as well as your remarks comparing our approach to that of other armies is very unfair.Indeed, you must know that no two military operations are the same, and the conduct must endeavour to reflect the realities and peculiarities being confronted in the field.

''Your allegations or claim that we lack transparency is definitely not well informed neither is it being expressed in good faith.

''Be assured that nobody has been restrained from accessing the mission area in the ongoing operation except when there is clear case of undue interference with safety and operational environment. Infact, occasionally, we conduct the media on tour of the operational area.

''Our concern remains the issue of safety for anyone in search of information. Much as we want to assist genuine seekers of information, we do not feel obliged to devote scarce resources to satisfying the fancy of pleasure seeking adventurers or the curious and mindless critics who just want to roam around with questionable motives.

''We should not be blackmailed into compromising the security of information and operations in the name of undefined idea of transparency. We have strived to keep the populace informed in the best way possible in the circumstances we find ourselves.

''No one has been through this same path before. We keep improving and seeking how to cope with the enormous challenges. You may recall that although it was in the line of duty, I was the first and perhaps the only military officer who against all odds have addressed your leadership and the group as a whole when you marched to the Defence Headquarters at the early stages of your campaign.

''I believe we had cordial interactions all through at that period. It is noteworthy that this gentleman, my sworn antagonist, was not present at that interactive meeting. We really have no reason to engage in deception as your forum is always quick to allege – apparently with a view to discrediting us and our efforts.

''Your assertion, claiming that we have credibility problem is only in the imagination of those pursuing the hate campaign against us. It is definitely not in the view of the generality of the populace who still trust, depend on and utilise the outcome of all our efforts to inform the public on the counter terrorism campaign.

''The ceaseless criticism we continue to get from you has been so uncharitable and could ordinarily be discouraging. We however derive a lot of inspiration from the appreciation and commendation we keep getting from other well meaning individuals and organizations who continue to urge us on.

''The patriot and God fearing person in us will not yield to blackmail and malicious criticism of those using the platform of your otherwise noble organisation, to run us down and plan on how to disgrace us in the pursuit of an agenda to humiliate and ridicule the Nigerian Armed Forces.

''Being in the forefront of the efforts to disseminate information is a job I do with passion and sense of responsibility. I do not deserve the hatred and mindless antagonism your organization has continued to unleash on me.

''I certainly have a life out of here and it is unfair to work purely for the purpose of destroying my reputation and years of committed and unblemished record of service to my country. Despite the regular focus and disdainful reference to all communication from me as prompted by those who are so determined to ruin other people’s name and career, I have maintained the restraint required of me both by training and upbringing.

''The belief is that your organisation has the determination to ruin the name, career, and reputation of some targeted military officers among whom I have been specifically marked for such cruel treatment. I can only leave such matter to God and the good judgement of people who read or hear you. I am so sure I will enjoy the blessing of being vindicated at last.

''Meanwhile, I wish your team will consider my point here and spare me and the Nigerian military the undue attacks we have continued to be subjected to in the name of monitoring or calling for accountability. We call for fairness as against the present campaign that is fraught with calumny and promotion of one man’s malice against us and anything government.

''This is more likely, considering the determination and unhidden hatred of those who have been acting with a view to drawing me out for a street fight. I can assure you that I will not react or join issues under whatever provocation. I will be leaving all such sworn enemies to their conscience and God if they believe in Him at all.

''To you as an organisation, please save your platform from being used to perpetrate this injustice as inspired by the prominent and phony member of your #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 04, 2015
More

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by warrior01: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2015
Where were they on Oct. 1? No where to be found right? More so, why is it that we don't have actual pics and names of the 'missing' chibok girls or are they ghosts? Yeye dey smell. The BBOG group being a propaganda wing of the APC have finished the role assigned to them and are shutting down their operations and eagerly waiting to have the appointments promised them. Please you guys should stop deceiving yourselves, it's becoming stale. Where are the major actors today? The principal has been duly rewarded with a permanent secretary post, the other one appointed a commissioner in Kaduna and Oby is earnestly waiting for her own appointment by Buhari. May God save Nigerians from this evil cult called a party

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2015
Affiliate group in maiduguri

1 Like

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Tolexander: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2015
Obiagelli:
Day 536
so the only thing to prove the existence of their being active or refusal to be passive is just an image of a town hall meeting

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by warrior01: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2015
Obiagelli:
Affiliate group in maiduguri

Lol..... Story that touches the heart. Continue deceiving yourselves

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
They are in government hence their unruly behaviors are no longer in play.
What have they do differently other march and sit out

2 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by chymystique(f): 10:09am On Oct 04, 2015
Obiagelli Please Cry me a River!! All these pictures you posting here doesnt change the fact that #TheBringBackOurGirls Campaigners are now in power and as such Slumbering... Where is the Madam Oby the chief social network activist that was carrying it on her head like gele... Since PMB came to power, your activities ve winded down to mere sitting in open space and gist! The only thing this govt and their propaganda outlets knows how to do is to take pictures like their lives depends on it. #Hypocrites!

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2015
Tolexander:
so the only thing to prove the existence of their being active or refusal to be passive is just an image of a town hall meeting
No it should have been image of them in sambisa forest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2015
chymystique:
Obiagelli Please Cry me a River!! All these pictures you posting here doesnt change the fact that #TheBringBackOurGirls Campaigners are now in power and as such Slumbering... Where is the Chief Madam Oby the chief social network activist that was carrying it on her head like gele... #Hypocrites!
I thought the other thread said they no longer exist. Shame on y'all

8 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by warrior01: 10:12am On Oct 04, 2015
Really missed their crocodile tears.. @ Obiagelli, how much were you guys paid and I must confess you guys did a wonderful job; just that the script writer is in dilemma on how to finish the script. #hypocrites

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by chymystique(f): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

I thought the other thread said they no longer exist. Shame on y'all

To most Nigerians your group no longer exists cause since APC came into power you all ve gone AWOL. unlike when GEJ was in power and you were all shedding crocodile tears for the camera like say he was the one that took the gals. This is a proof that BBOG organisation was just a tool used by the then opposition party that is now in power, for their propagandas.. BTW, I dont believe that Chibok Gals Kidnap story undecided

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

What have they do differently other march and sit out

Don't even go there, the woman was demoralizing the military and traveling around the world to badmouth our Security Forces for petty political gains.

In sane climes, citizens are united against terror but in Nigeria, terrorism has become a tool for power grab hence the politicisation.

Instead of protesting against Bokoharam terrorists, Ezekwesili made a profession from protesting against Goodluck Jonathan's government without condemning Bokoharam the real monsters.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2015
As far as am concerned, bringbackourgirls campaign was political. Why is it that the former honourable minister twitter handle is longer effective when there is a bomb blast? Abi, snice the "messiah" took over, there is bomb blast? Why is it that no more name calling of Military by her group? Why is it now that the bringbackourgirls outings are now done in low keys unlike before? Until my questions are answered and am satisfied, bringbackourgirls remain political tool used to tanished GEJ and honest Nigerians

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by naptu2: 10:22am On Oct 04, 2015
Dumebi Ifeanyi™ @dumebiifeanyi

Are the chibok girls back.....? No....@obyezeks has gone completely dumb....her band of red cap wearers have suddenly vanished into thin air

Oby Ezekwesili @obyezeks

When you are done with your DAILY wailing, come over to Unity Fountain with your own red cap. We'll be waiting for you. | @dumebiifeanyi:

1:13 AM - 2 Oct 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/obyezeks/status/649859761488445440?p=v

DAY536 of OUR #ChibokGirls. Thanks to our @BBOG_Nigeria Lagos Family. Wailers in Lagos can JOIN THEM EVERY SATURDAY.

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CP00MRvWUAAz6Ne.jpg:small[/img]

https://mobile.twitter.com/obyezeks/status/649861727572635649?p=v

Oby Ezekwesili @obyezeks

Thanks! In Lagos, Marina Park WEEKLY SATURDAYS In Abuja, Unity Fountain DAILY. | @AmosMercy3: @obyezeks @BBOG_Nigeria where is d venue pls

1:32 AM - 2 Oct 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/obyezeks/status/649864471834435584?p=v

1 Like

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Don't even go there, the woman was demoralizing the military and traveling around the world to badmouth our Security Forces for petty political gains.

In sane climes, citizens are united against terror but in Nigeria, terrorism has become a tool for power grab hence the politicisation.

Instead of protesting against Bokoharam terrorists, Ezekwesili made a profession from protesting against Goodluck Jonathan's government without condemning Bokoharam the real monsters.
What did she say that is different from what alex badeh confessed to at the end of his tenure

3 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by CyberWolf: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2015
That you guys still give this inconsequential and hypocritic ediot i.e OP attention shows that you have enough time to waste angry

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 04, 2015
naptu2:
Dumebi Ifeanyi™ @dumebiifeanyi

Oby Ezekwesili @obyezeks

1:13 AM - 2 Oct 2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/obyezeks/status/649859761488445440?p=v

Thank you naptu2

1 Like

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2015
History has always recorded that, while others take a stand and make efforts, there are some whos contribution is to sit back, do nothing but find faults.

6 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by tucky200(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2015
[s]
warrior01:
Where were they on Oct. 1? No where to be found right? More so, why is it that we don't have actual pics and names of the 'missing' chibok girls or are they ghosts? Yeye dey smell. The BBOG group being a propaganda wing of the APC have finished the role assigned to them and are shutting down their operations and eagerly waiting to have the appointments promised them. Please you guys should stop deceiving yourselves, it's becoming stale
[/s]what is dis one saying ? undecided
Btw @ obiagelli. Are u part of d movement ?

2 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by donholy28(m): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2015
So some people re still bent on scamming Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by warrior01: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2015
Obiagelli:
History has always recorded that, while others take a stand and make efforts, there are some whos contribution is to sit back, do nothing but find faults.

Please who are the 'missing' Chibok girls? What are their identities with proof?

13 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2015
tucky200:
[s][/s]what is dis one saying ? undecided
Btw @ obiagelli. Are u part of d movement ?
Unfortunately i am not. I wish i had the will and resilient of these people, that's why i was so pained when i saw the other thread on the front page this morning

3 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2015
Dis APC goons, u guys are really paid well o... because ds una job no easy... buh u pple shud know nothing last forever....

9 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by omotayo9177: 10:34am On Oct 04, 2015
Mrs Oby, your attention is needed on nairaland asap

1 Like

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by warrior01: 10:34am On Oct 04, 2015
Kudos to the APC and their BBOG wing for scamming Nigerians. Respect to you guys

14 Likes

Re: Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group by naptu2: 10:34am On Oct 04, 2015
[size=14pt]Nigeria's Buhari meets Chibok girls campaigners[/size]

8 July 2015 Africa

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has for the first time met those campaigning for the release of more than 200 girls abducted by Islamist Boko Haram militants last year.

His predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan, declined to meet the Bring Back Our Girls activists.

Mr Buhari promised them that troops for a regional force to fight the militants would be in place by the end of July.

The kidnap of the girls from a school in Chibok sparked global outrage.

The mass abduction sparked one of the biggest social media campaigns of 2014, with the Twitter hashtag #BringBackOurGirls being used more than five million times.

Boko Haram has stepped up attacks since Mr Buhari took office in May vowing to tackle the insurgency "head on".

In the last week, more than 220 people have been killed in suspected militant attacks.

The Nigerian military has said it has arrested "the mastermind" behind two recent attacks on the northern towns of Jos and Zaria in which almost 70 people were killed.

'How the mighty have fallen'

Addressing members of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign group and the media, the president said that the government was doing all it could to tackle insecurity, but did not refer directly to the 219 Chibok girls abducted in April 2014.

Earlier, the activists had marched through the capital, Abuja, on their way meet Mr Buhari at his official residence.

One of the founders of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign group told the BBC that "there was no time left" for the government to act.

"The rescue of the Chibok girls would be the strongest statement this government could make for having respect for the sanctity and dignity of every Nigerian life," said Oby Ezekwesili.

In his speech, Mr Buhari spoke of the "paradox" of Nigeria asking its neighbours for help, despite itself providing help to so many other countries in the past.

"How the mighty have fallen," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-33446305

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Arrest Notorious Militant ‘general Eagle’ / Abe: What APC Senators Have Against Saraki / INEC Offices In Ebonyi Burnt By Unknown Persons (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.