Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active (2267 Views)

Unexploded Civil War Bomb Discovered In Oji River / Police Discover Unexploded Bomb In Enugu Farmland / Rechargeable Blasting Device For Unexploded Bombs Unveiled By Army - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Abbeyme: 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mum used unexploded bomb as a vase for 30 years without realising it was still live

A woman was shocked to discover a wartime shell she had used as a vase for 30 years was still live.
Kathryn Rawlins, 45, had found the shell buried in the playing fields at her school when she was 15.
Assuming that it safe, and thinking it would make a nice vase, she had kept it filled with her favourite flowers for more than three decades until she saw a TV documentary and realised she may have actually been sitting feet from an unexploded bomb.

After calling the police, MoD experts were brought in to take away the vase and safely remove the explosive - before returning the casing to her.
Warks, said: “The police said the shell had the potential to have killed anybody within about 20 metres of it and could have taken the house down.
“It’s funny to think that I had it on my mantelpiece the entire time - it’s just become a part of my family now.
“I have had the shell on the mantelpiece for three decades now and even took it to university. I used to stick plastic roses out of the top of it when I was dancing around to Madonna.
“Luckily my husband Chris just thought it was funny.”

Kathryn said: “I made the strangest call to the police non-emergency hotline. I started off the conversation by telling them not to panic and attempted to describe the shell that I had.
“I told them it was 12 inches in length and three inches across at its base. The top of it has a conical tip, which can be unscrewed.
“I used to unscrew it and put the flowers out of the top.
“It’s really heavy to hold and has some writing that looks like it could be German around the top.”
“In the end I just sent them a photo of the shell I’d been using as a vase. After the police saw that, they had an officer at my house within the hour.
“The situation then became very serious after the police told me that they would have to take the shell to the local barracks as the Ministry of Defence needed to examine it.
“It was a little bit worrying.
“The police brought it back to me when they assured me the shell had been made safe though, so I’ll carry on using it for my flowers.
“I took it into school to show the kids - they loved it.”

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/10/mum-used-unexploded-bomb-as-vase-for-30.html?m=1

Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by adejaresalami1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Iror por.....I refuse to believe....abi wetin even concern me sef.
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by JewelRegi(f): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
Living with death. God fights our unseen battles.

6 Likes

Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Greyworld: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Of all the things to vase her flowers na bomb.......

In short na every thing she see nai she go pick?
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by egift(m): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Extreme Risky Companion. Am glad nobody got hurt over the years.
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Magician1503(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
Literally sitting on a keg of gunpowder
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by RockMaxi: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Wow, she was living daily on the brink of death for 30years and finally God saved her.

Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Republlican(f): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
Dumb ass Lady undecided
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by adjoviomole(m): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
O lord as u saved dis woman, all bokoharam's bomb dat dey want to use to take ppl's life, God make it powerless like dis one in Jesus mighty name.

All weapon fashioned against me and all dat clicks like will nt prosper in Jesus name amen!

2 Likes

Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by absoluteSuccess: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
Living day by death.
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Pappyjim: 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
Ex President Jonathan shopping by himself at Tesco stores in london dis afternoon

Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by McCarlito(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
That clearly explained the saying that Wetin Man No Know; No Know Am

Not by Power or By strength
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by gebest: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
this is unbelieveable, and the police still give u the shell u collect am, what is wrong with u for goodness sake, God just saved ur life.
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Starships4u(m): 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thanks Giving Mode
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thank God that it wasn't someone like the incompetent Buhari that attended to her.. grin

My APC brothers should take that for humor
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Lobolintin(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
Snoring
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
I have been in a situation where I was playing with 'fire', without knowing. God simply did not allow the 'fire' to know me.

God is too much.

1 Like

Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by permsec: 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Thank God that it wasn't someone like the incompetent Buhari that attended to her.. grin

My APC brothers should take that for humor
Watch them rain fire and brimestone on you. They no nothing about humour.
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
permsec:
Watch them rain fire and brimestone on you. They no nothing about humour.
I Ðe pray 4 dÉm
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Abbeyme: 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
It looked very pretty as a flower vase but deadly as a bomb device.

Thank God she didn't drop that carelessly, it would have exploded and one ISIS commander would claim responsibility. Mtshwww...
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by LoveMachine(m): 2:44am On Oct 05, 2015
white people
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Abbeyme: 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
20pounds:
I have been in a situation where I was playing with 'fire', without knowing. God simply did not allow the 'fire' to know me.

God is too much.

Lucky you.
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by PRYCE(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
God really loves you ma'am!
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by WHOcarex: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
Thank God for your ass
Re: Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active by Singingbae(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
God saved her p***y

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ambode Lists His Achievements In Lagos State So Far (READ) / Inferiority Complex Behind Jabs At Senator Bruce / Buhari Is Incompetent, Hopeless And Useless - El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.