Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo (3638 Views)

Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) / Fayose On His Knees As Eze Akaji Of Igbo Land Prays For Him At Ekiti Govt House / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
olawalepopoola:

Hmmm! Na international recognition we de talk about here! No be national! Americans de study Yoruba! What about that!

International what??

Igbos don't need Yoruba or any other language to validate ours. Igbos are highly intelligent and very literate. We can speak, write and communicate in any language be it Yoruba, Finnish, mandarin or even Yanomami.

No obstacles stops our people from communicating effectively with the rest of the world.

Stop celebrating. Yoruba being there is just to help your illiterate and unexposed people to communicate and see the light.

There are Igbos all over South Africa communicating in Zulu, Xhosa. They are in East Africa speaking Shona, Swahili. They are in China speaking mandarin and Cantonese.
They are in Borno communicating in Hausa, Fulani, kanuri. I have cousins who can speak and write tiv. I have a kinsman who spent years in Kano and kaduna and can write Arabic very well.
Friends and relatives are in Lagos. They speak Yoruba better than you. Two of my cousins can teach Yoruba in secondary schools.

We are very 'sharp' we can use sign languages, makaton, morse, nsibidi if need be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo by patrick89(m): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
gbosaa:

International what??

Igbos don't need Yoruba or any other language to validate ours. Igbos are highly intelligent and very literate. We can speak, write and communicate in any language be it Yoruba, Finnish, mandarin or even Yanomami.

No obstacles stops our people from communicating effectively with the rest of the world.

Stop celebrating. Yoruba being there is just to help your illiterate and unexposed people to communicate and see the light.

There are Igbos all over South Africa communicating in Zulu, Xhosa. They are in East Africa speaking Shona, Swahili. They are in China speaking mandarin and Cantonese.
They are in Borno communicating in Hausa, Fulani, kanuri. I have cousins who can speak and write tiv. I have a kinsman who spent years in Kano and kaduna and can write Arabic very well.
Friends and relatives are in Lagos. They speak Yoruba better than you. Two of my cousins can teach Yoruba in secondary schools.

We are very 'sharp' we can use sign languages, makaton, morse, nsibidi if need be.
Don't mind those clannish short minded dirty vultures, igbos are expanding their dominance across the globe, from Gabon, to Liberia, to SA tocarrebian to UK to Poland, to guinea to China, soon you will have an igbo man become president of SA.. FYI igbo is widely known by catholics across the globe mumumus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo by Duru1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
olawalepopoola:
Recently I wanted to register for something on an American website and found on their list of internationally recognised languages - Yoruba as with Spanish and English. I couldn't figure out the secessionists language. Yet they claim they are recognized by the United Nations. Omo Yoruba se se bere ni o. You na never see anything! We no de cry and wail to be recognized!

Per the bolded, do you mean USA's government website or USA's corporate website?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo by Obikodo(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Obikodo:
Yes is true because most of the 419 guys speaks yoruba so police are asked to learn it to combat crime. Eko is the land of Gee boys so when you call you contact and speak yoruba the police understands .
someone seems to be using my account
Re: Yoruba Language Is Now An International Langauge - What Of Igbo by Abdulrahman25(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
WORLD YORUBA CONGRESS.... REUNITING THE YORUBA NATIONS.
The Yoruba Communities all over the globe will be coming together as a nation to discuss ideas and dialogue on some key issues which their postulations and approach is expected to bring a lasting solution to the emancipation of the Yoruba race from political and socioeconomic incarceration.
The world's cultural event is been organized and packaged by El-Green International Services, Ghana, which will be showcasing the Yoruba rich culture where logical and important issues will be share in order to add values to our language, tradition and heritage and proffer solutions to the Yorubas political and socioeconomical instability.
The Congress which is the 4th edition has been scheduled to hold in Kumasi, Ghana between the 9th & 11th of March, 2017.
While addressing the journalist @ a press briefing,the Convener and the CEO,EL -GREEN INTERNATIONAL SERVICES, Miss Yewande Green,reiterate
d the importance of this congress and elucidated further the reason for choosing the theme for this annual event....." PRESERVING THE RICH CULTURAL HERITAGE OF YORUBA ".
This 3 days event has been endorsed by the african foremost monarch, HIM,Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Akande Ogunwusi, Ojaja II,Ooni of Ife and is also expected to be the Royal Father @ the event.
The ever ravishing and elegant damsel had left no stone unturned as many traditional institutions,corporate firms,organisations,government agencies and individuals has been invited from both Nigeria and Ghana to grace this occasion which will further strengthen the bi - lateral relationship between the two (2) countries.
This Congress will not only promote the socioeconomic and trade relationship of the duo countries but will also foster Peace and Unity between the Federal Republic of Nigeria,the Republic of Ghana and the whole world @ large.
WORLD YORUBA CONGRESS...." Let's heed our mother's clarion call... ".

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Kill, Install Their Emir And Dominate You – Femi Fani-kayode / See Why Yorubas Are More Matured / 3 Years After, Is This The Oil Discovered In Lagos? - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.