Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be (52071 Views)

Bankers/Ex-bankers In The House, A Newbie Needs Your Wealth Of Knowledge / How Much Do Bankers Earn In Nigeria? / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Tunesh(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wow wow

Interesting and at the same time scary.

Just play your cards right, know when to exit if/when neccessary

Svelte98 thanks for digging out this thread

1 Like

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Svelte98(f): 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
[b][/b]
Tunesh:
Wow wow

Interesting and at the same time scary.

Just play your cards right, know when to exit if/when neccessary

Svelte98 thanks for digging out this thread
Exactly what I got from it too. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by engrzico(m): 1:26am On Jun 16, 2019
cana882:
Currently at workforce 4 a bank interview & trust me, all dis comments are nt helping.

Mayb i'll jst go home cry

You better reconsider of you are to work as a DSA or SSE.
Especially of you are to work in ....
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Auto200: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
thank God i found this forum ..lol. cos i don die finish

please my friend did wire transfer for me from his account in dubai {national bank of abu dhabi} to my own naira account in stanbic since june 12th . till now , although they have debited him , they are yet to credit my account .

i have complained, pleaded and written to stanbic online on their instagram , even via email . they asked for the telex copy till now , i have not gotten the money

im very very worried . please what might be the problem . ?? HELP A BROTHER WITH UPDATE. happy sunday/fathers day
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Frezhkid10(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
Wow..a lot of experience in these thread shaa.. especially that of the Y2k.. although I really need advice on a particular decision am about to take..
Am a fresh HND engineering graduate...I received 2 offer of employment in which one; is to work in ecobank as a contract staff and the other as a technical trainee in Néstle with a 50% probability of retainment at the end of the training period..now I don't know which one to choose as my reason for seeking for a job was to raise some money before going for service as the hope of an HND graduate of securing a good job after service is bleak..
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Qualcoms(m): 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Wow..a lot of experience in these thread shaa.. especially that of the Y2k.. although I really need advice on a particular decision am about to take..
Am a fresh HND engineering graduate...I received 2 offer of employment in which one; is to work in ecobank as a contract staff and the other as a technical trainee in Néstle with a 50% probability of retainment at the end of the training period..now I don't know which one to choose as my reason for seeking for a job was to raise some money before going for service as the hope of an HND graduate of securing a good job after service is bleak..

Nestlé straight up bro! Wateva will make u take banking job, never let it be Contract staff..

4 Likes

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by olasquare22: 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Frezhkid10:

U don't need to think this twice, pls quickly rush sign the Nestle offer even if there isn't any retainment clause in it. Being an Engineering graduate, accepting that banking offer could mean u are loosing focus on ur career.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Frezhkid10(m): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
olasquare22:

U don't need to think this twice, pls quickly rush sign the Nestle offer even if there isn't any retainment clause in it. Being an Engineering graduate, accepting that banking offer could mean u are loosing focus on ur career.
.. To thought as much buh the ecobank money is tempting 70k..compared to nestle 20k.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by airsaylongcon: 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
Frezhkid10:

Nestlé without a doubt
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by olasquare22: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
Frezhkid10:
.. To thought as much buh the ecobank money is tempting 70k..compared to nestle 20k.

Nothing is tempting about 70k my brother. I started with 250k as a graduate trainee in bank but later opted to earn 86k just to pursue my career. Today, I earn far better than the so called mouthwatering salary I earned as a graduate trainee and I am fulfilled with my profession. Sacrifice is key here. Trust me, u won't regret u did.

7 Likes

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Lukapo: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Am currently working in a bank .....though i just started last month......and i have this offer to change my current role to either operations (teller) or Marketing......pls i need advice on this asap
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Operations for me any time any day. With marketing, you're under pressure of meeting up wuth target except that u may have time to do something while out for marketing.
Lukapo:
Am currently working in a bank .....though i just started last month......and i have this offer to change my current role to either operations (teller) or Marketing......pls i need advice on this asap
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Lukapo: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
moyinoluwabun:
Operations for me any time any day. With marketing, you're under pressure of meeting up wuth target except that u may have time to do something while out for marketing.
Thanks for your contribution..... the fear of shortages in operations is also there to look out for.....seems it not a thing of being smart to overcome
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Runtown07: 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
The truth is that if you work in the bank as core staff you earn much better than working as contract staff, core staff in the bank I work before(ET) 240k, whereas we contract staff earn peanut., my take is that the salary is commensurate with what the core staff earns yes, u start planning your exist on the first salary you have., cos like me I work in the operations, the job is hell, u u resume 7:15 in the morning to close sometimes 9pm is as bad as that, you also need to work in the ATM weekends 8am - 6pm, as a core staff, if you work like maximum 5years I believe is enough for you to gather yourself and seek for better alternative like doing your personal business or equip yourself more educational and seek a better option., like seriously the job takes all your time, everything about you is the job.,another thing been a contract staff is the worst, that one you have no future although no promotion, no prospect, your salary increment can just be like addition 3 or 5k to it after like every 2 or 3 years, I work 6 years and my salary before I left is not more than 81k so you can imagine, where as core staff that started with 240k if promoted let say after 3 yrs earns nothing less than 350k, this include so many other benefits., so the bottom like is as individual the earlier you prepare the better, we were thinking we have job that the mistake we did., not knowing we just doing a slavery work, I mean for contract staff ooo., but line staff I believe with such pay if you work within the period of 5 to 6 years is enough to start another good phase of life only if u have dream oo., cos most are just stuck there. Presently am not working but I enjoyed freedom I must say and am looking forward to a more better job offer or start my personal business soonest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Chrbhny: 12:30am On Apr 19, 2020
Good day everyone.

During these trying time when it seems the worst is on us, I wish everyone good health and endurance.I hope everyone comes out strong, healthy and ready for a wonderful future.

I need your advice.

I'm a recent graduate and an engineer.
I started a bank's training school which is to end this month and we are paid allowances each month, a good sum by the way.
However I just got a new engineering job and a better pay which is to start June. I have accepted the job offer and signed all relevant documents.

I don't want to quit the training school untill it is over, the reason being that the allowance is important for my survival and I am also enjoying the training school.

do you think it is right for me to stay till the end of the training school, receive the allowance then quit the job, or should I quit now and forfeit the allowance of the training school?

All advice is welcomed. Thanks
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Pato5(m): 7:06am On Apr 19, 2020
Chrbhny:
Good day everyone.

During these trying time when it seems the worst is on us, I wish everyone good health and endurance.I hope everyone comes out strong, healthy and ready for a wonderful future.

I need your advice.

I'm a recent graduate and an engineer.
I started a bank's training school which is to end this month and we are paid allowances each month, a good sum by the way.
However I just got a new engineering job and a better pay which is to start June. I have accepted the job offer and signed all relevant documents.

I don't want to quit the training school untill it is over, the reason being that the allowance is important for my survival and I am also enjoying the training school.

do you think it is right for me to stay till the end of the training school, receive the allowance then quit the job, or should I quit now and forfeit the allowance of the training school?

All advice is welcomed. Thanks
Continue with the TS and keep getting your allowances, give them a 2 weeks notice just before you resume the new job. Anything can happen so don't put your hope on the job. I believe your offer letter states you should give a 1 month/2wks notice before resignation.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Chrbhny: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
Well the bank hasn't giving me an offer letter yet, so I'm not yet a staff, but a trainee.
Pato5:

Continue with the TS and keep getting your allowances, give them a 2 weeks notice just before you resume the new job. Anything can happen so don't put your hope on the job. I believe your offer letter states you should give a 1 month/2wks notice before resignation.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Pato5(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chrbhny:
Well the bank hasn't giving me an offer letter yet, so I'm not yet a staff, but a trainee.
You will be given at the end of the training...
My point not quit yet till 2wks to your resumption at the new firm.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Chrbhny: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Pato5:

Alright... Thanks.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Breadfruit: 2:52pm On May 01, 2020
Chrbhny:
In my set, we had like 3 who finished TS and even went to the headquarters for the final lap who then dropped out. They never resumed banking duties.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Kylexy21: 4:37am On May 14, 2020
pleasoo...who knows the whereabout of last page.. we need his contributions
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by DuchessGloriana(f): 7:40am On May 14, 2020
Pato5:

Hi dear, how can I go about the management Trainee position? I’m tired of applying online
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by Emkojo: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2020

6 Likes

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by ezzylee(m): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
Emkojo:

Just bumped on this my post and thought to share my update.

I got a job in January this year with another Bank, a better offer, a better professional and relevant unit in the Head office which I could easily switch to another sector. The road was rough but God is awesome... Whatever you are going through in your struggles on the or job hunting or under employed, there is hope. To think I almost jumped into third mainland bridge due to depression. God is great.

Congrats boss.
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by beau49: 12:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Emkojo:

I got a job in January this year with another Bank, a better offer, a better professional and relevant unit in the Head office which I could easily switch to another sector. The road was rough but God is awesome... Whatever you are going through in your struggles or on the job, or job-hunting or being under employed, there is hope. To think I almost jumped into third mainland bridge due to depression. God is great.

Congrats on the new job
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by FREDDi(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
Emkojo:

I got a job in January this year with another Bank, a better offer, a better professional and relevant unit in the Head office which I could easily switch to another sector. The road was rough but God is awesome... Whatever you are going through in your struggles or on the job, or job-hunting or being under employed, there is hope. To think I almost jumped into third mainland bridge due to depression. God is great.
congrats!
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by frank950(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2021
olasquare22:

Nothing is tempting about 70k my brother. I started with 250k as a graduate trainee in bank but later opted to earn 86k just to pursue my career. Today, I earn far better than the so called mouthwatering salary I earned as a graduate trainee and I am fulfilled with my profession. Sacrifice is key here. Trust me, u won't regret u did.

Hello, what is your advice for a lawyer wishing to join legal department of Access bank.....
And I was informed that even after scaling the TS, the bank determines where they will place you.
What is your take on that
Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by olasquare22: 2:46pm On May 16, 2021
frank950:

Hello, what is your advice for a lawyer wishing to join legal department of Access bank.....
And I was informed that even after scaling the TS, the bank determines where they will place you.
What is your take on that

My brother, being a lawyer doesn't guarantee your posting to Legal Department after TS, as posting to this unit is based on vacancy and ultimately, your connection. You may end up in Marketing oo. My advice here is that, if you eventually found yourself in Marketing, don't stay for 3years before you pursue your career elsewhere or in the same Bank should there be internal vacancy.

1 Like

Re: For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be by DUNKA(m): 6:01pm On May 16, 2021
olasquare22:

My brother, being a lawyer doesn't guarantee your posting to Legal Department after TS, as posting to this unit is based on vacancy and ultimately, your connection. You may end up in Marketing oo. My advice here is that, if you eventually found yourself in Marketing, don't stay for 3years before you pursue your career elsewhere or in the same Bank should there be internal vacancy.
correct plenty lawyers,architects etc and other professionals dey marketing and operations oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.