Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) (27358 Views)

Kingsley Otuaro Preaches At Warri Prison As Inmates Repent / How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post / Questions Begging For Answers Over Buhari’s Relocation Of Villa Chapel, Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by emmasege: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2015
The VP needs to get himself a chaplain. It doesn't speak well of an highly exalted public official like number 2 citizen to use his office to preach in a secular state like Nigeria. Christian folks would not like to see PMB taking the place of Chief Imam at muslim gatherings.
Even in the days of Bible, the office of a King was clearly separated from the office of a priest. Osinbajo can put on his priestly garment at the end of his tenure, if he still remains one.

2 Likes

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by Moz22: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2015
permsec:
I'm not impressed!

Was he elected to preach?

So because he is of service to humanity means he shd abandon his service for God? Think before u talk pls
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by ndcide(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2015
modath:
May God forgive the christians who pay lip service to the true ethos of christianity & will continue to not only question but also rebel against his decisions...

Hopefully,they will sooner rather than Later come to accept PMB's emergence as " God's perfect will for the nation"

If God didn't sanction it, he would have been tending to his cows instead..

Hope you believe God sanctioned GEJ, Yaradua, OBJ, Abubakar, Abacha, too. If he sanctioned it, then it's his perfect will. So what ever you think or say about these folks, it's to God's perfect perfect will.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by shaqhead: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2015
ATMC:
When will he preach to Buhari to give his life to Christ?
And even if he has, he shd hire a town crier to drum it in ur ears dt he has abi? Funny U...
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by aftatechbiz(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2015
Religion and Politics since the days of Adam and Eve.

www.aftasms.com
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by modath(f): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

Please tell us which president/Head of State's emergence was NOT "God's perfect will for the nation"
Thanks..

For how long shall we remain religious mugus?
For how long?

I am NEVER afraid to state my opinion, I say what I mean cos I mean what I say.

Jona was God's perfect will for the country at that time but when he derailed from God's vision for the nation & became too big for his britches, God humbled him, despite having all the arsenal to win the war.

Until you all come to terms with the fact that the only thing that comes TO BE is what God has ordained, being a tribal zealot will have zero effect.

I never voted for PDP in my life but have never borne ill will against the leaders we had from them, UMY even "stole" me away from PMB while he was alive & Jona temporarily had me rooting for him till I found out he didn't have a good record as governor of Bayelsa state...

Quit being disagreeable for the sheer hell of it, some of us really love & pray for this nation.

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Wow interesting

Interesting abi? What if Buhari was to lead jumat service in d aso-rock mosque? Will it still be interesting? Make we dey reason well before we take a stand anything. If na BUHARI we must see comments like islamization don start, boko haram etc.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by johnayo01: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2015
permsec:
I'm not impressed!

Was he elected to preach?

he had a life before being elected
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by modath(f): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2015
ndcide:

Hope you believe God sanctioned GEJ, Yaradua, OBJ, Abubakar, Abacha, too. If he sanctioned it, then it's his perfect will. So what ever you think or say about these folks, it's to God's perfect perfect will.

Yes, if God didn't sanction it, they would never have ruled, if you have a dissenting opinion, please direct your grouse to the Omnipotent one. I don't question his decisions.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by Mekky05(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2015
ATMC:
One of the many reasons, seun should introduce the "dislike or thumbs down" button on nairaland.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by sukkot: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2015
ATMC:
buhari has already given his life to Jesus. giving your life to Jesus is action not mouth service. you give your life to Jesus by obeying his commandments. buhari is a morally upright man and that is the epitome of Jesus. Buhari is more christ-like than all your nigerian christians put together. this is why the LORD has chosen him to lead this nation into righteousness.

dont confuse what religion says with what the bible actually says. the bible is not a religious book but a book of cosmic laws and commandments.

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by anonimi: 10:22am On Oct 05, 2015
modath:
Until you all come to terms with the fact that the only thing that comes TO BE is what God has ordained.

Is this different from what I said- ALL leaders are ordained by God for their own reign

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by modath(f): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

Is this different from what I said- ALL leaders are ordained by God for their own reign

Why then the religious antagonism?

I have a feeling you are being sarcastic though..
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by Btruth: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
its the same chapel

this kind church is not meant for just anyone oooo...........lol.

grin grin grin
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by anonimi: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
modath:

Why then the religious antagonism?

I have a feeling you are being sarcastic though..

It is NOT religious antagonism. It is spiritual REALITY that ensures one does not ALLOW himself to be held HOSTAGE to the whims & caprices of the charlatans in cassock who pose as gods of men.

I am not being sarcastic but dead serious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by ndcide(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2015
modath:

Yes, if God didn't sanction it, they would never have ruled, if you have a dissenting opinion, please direct your grouse to the Omnipotent one. I don't question his decisions.

Relax, you are being a sycophant, with a religious mask. That you like a person based on your limited understanding does not make the person a perfect will of God. I can give you 100 reasons to show you that this guys are NOT God's perfect will. But God's permissive will as in the case of Saul of old.

My conversation with you on this ends here.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by modath(f): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2015
ndcide:

Relax, you are being a sycophant, with a religious mask. That you like a person based on your limited understanding does not make the person a perfect will of God. I can give you 100 reasons to show you that this guys are NOT God's perfect will. But God's permissive will as in the case of Saul of old.

My conversation with you on this ends here.

The error was in responding to you in the first place despite my reservation as the deep seated hate inside of you has coloured your sense of judgement... Stop comparing PMB to saul, Jona is no King David. King Nebu as prof Wole soyinka described him,is a better fit..

I will repeat myself...Either perfect or permissive, it is God's will & you can take it up with him...

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by ATMC(f): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2015
ATMC:
This is sarcasm!

SARCASM;
(uncountable) A form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis. Insincerely saying something which is the opposite of one's intended meaning, often to emphasize how unbelievable or unlikely it sounds if taken literally, thereby illustrating the obvious nature of one's intended meaning.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by anonimi: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
modath:

I hope you won't question his decision WHEN he is removed (or leaves) as he surely will at a certain point in the future.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by nairamaniac: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
alaoeri:

Don't mind the wailers, they are struggling to cope with their new role as opposition so they got nothing to offer other than to wail & lie.
I can't wait for a counter-thread from Barcanista saying "This is not the same church Buhari has closed".
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by modath(f): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

I hope you won't question his decision WHEN he is removed (or leaves) as he surely will at a certain point in the future.

He is not invincible, he can't be there forever but before he does, he will achieve the purpose that made God permit him to attain that position after 3 trials.

Please let's put this back & forth to rest, its tiring..you are on your side, I'm firmly on mine.. God's will will definitely reign supreme..
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by kosokoadeyemi: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
God first,keep it sir.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by mynamewilfred(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Doing what he knows best to do. God bless you my VP!
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by ELDERCE(m): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
grin MAKE UNA TAKE US DEY PLAY.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by Salym(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
emmasege:
The VP needs to get himself a chaplain. It doesn't speak well of an highly exalted public official like number 2 citizen to use his office to preach in a secular state like Nigeria. Christian folks would not like to see PMB taking the place of Chief Imam at muslim gatherings.
Even in the days of Bible, the office of a King was clearly separated from the office of a priest. Osinbajo can put on his priestly garment at the end of his tenure, if he still remains one.
Never mind. We muslims dont have problem with that. But as you rightly said, christians would have been all over the thread spewing trash had been it is Buhari giving a sermon.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by murmee: 10:57am On Oct 06, 2015
brosegun:
This is not the same Aso villa chapel,shown to us during Gej era.
This one is very small,with a small altar
Thank you for noticing.
Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by tellon11(f): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
GET UR KIDS ANDROID TABLET AND SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET

Re: VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) by disumusa: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
alaoeri:

Don't mind the wailers, they are struggling to cope with their new role as opposition so they got nothing to offer other than to wail & lie.
ibos, they are no 1 enemiesm of nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilda Ibifuro-Harrison Is Ondo's Police Commissioner (photos) / Aduda, Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki And Dogara / Fani-Kayode: EFCC Secures Remand Warrant To Keep Ex Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.